Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,576 members, 7,820,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? (23428 Views)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? / Ibadan Job For N175,000 Or Kaduna Job For N259,000 : Which Should I Go For? / Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2020
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job.

This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job.

Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.

15 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by dawnomike(m): 5:28pm On Dec 23, 2020
liver123:
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job. This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job. Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.
Except you have money for rent in abuja and a means to survive.... If you don't, manage in Lokoja. Try out a business if you can

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by xrayj(m): 5:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
liver123:
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job. This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job. Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.
But do u have money for rent in abuja?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Omihanifa: 5:38pm On Dec 23, 2020
For your own good, you better stay back in Lokoja before you go embarrass yourself in Abuja undecided
( February is almost here o)

Abuja is no longer as it used to be o sad
a lot of people have migrated to the town from other states and they are now competing with others for the limited opportunities available angry unlike before person fit survive without job and be doing runs to keep body and soul together. Those days are gone.

** Stay back in Lokoja and observe the situation of things for like 4 months at least you won't be spending so much on food and transport. The. When things improves (job wise) you can come back

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 5:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
xrayj:

But do u have money for rent in abuja?
No I don't
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Lastoffourtnyt: 5:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
well I don't know what sort of advice you are looking for. if there's is opportunities for your growth in your present area, I don't see any reason why you should come to Abuja again if not to come pack your luggage. see in this life, we are born to fight. no matter how long the fight is, all that matters is we must win the war against the common enemy, poverty.

To have a breakthrough, you must persistent I'm and you even bothered to mind about the scars. better to cry in mansion rather than to be happy in the village. I don't know about you but I want to be wealthy. I don't have time for bullshit, I don't want to tell junior to manage or let with suffer.... God won't be happy with me even if dare.

I believe the only thing that should drive you out should be opportunities, not comfort.

on other news, if you want to move to a very cheaper place with descent rent in any area in Abuja, I'm sure you can still manage to raise the rent with menial jobs around you.

are you from gwas?

........tell me, is it the free food that is changing your mind?

well, don't forget to contact for your house rent if you later decided to stay.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 5:43pm On Dec 23, 2020
Omihanifa:
For your own good, you better stay back in Lokoja before you go embarrass yourself in Abuja undecided
( February is almost here o)

Abuja is no longer as it used to be o sad
a lot of people have migrated to the town from other states and they are now competing with others for the limited opportunities available angry unlike before person fit survive without job and be doing runs to keep body and soul together. Those days are gone. OK Sir

** Stay back in Lokoja and observe the situation of things for like 4 months at least you won't be spending so much on food and transport. The. When things improves (job wise) you can come back

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2020
Lastoffourtnyt:
well I don't know what sort of advice you are looking for. if there's is opportunities for your growth in your present area, I don't see any reason why you should come to Abuja again if not to come pack your luggage. see in this life, we are born to fight. no matter how long the fight is, all that matters is we must win the war against the common enemy, poverty.

To have a breakthrough, you must passisten and you even bothered to mind about the scars. better to cry in mansion rather than to be happy in the village. I don't know about you but I want to be wealthy. I don't have time for bullshit, I don't want to tell junior to manage or let with suffer.... God won't be happy with me even if dare.

I believe the only thing that should drive you out should be opportunities, not comfort.

on other news, if you want to move to a very cheaper place with descent rent in any area in Abuja, I'm sure you can still manage to raise the rent with menial jobs you talk about.

are you from gwas?

OK thanks

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by anochuko01(m): 5:51pm On Dec 23, 2020
I'll suggest you stay with your brother so you can spend energy on growing in a particular career path rather than just trying to survive.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by thesicilian: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
Personally I'd rather remain in Abuja and slug it out. I don't like staying with people, and I work harder when I'm alone. Opportunities for eventual success are much more in a place like Abuja than in Lokoja.
Not to talk of the fact that living among people who are significantly wealthier than you has a way of keeping you motivated...

154 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
liver123:

While this sounds like a thoughtful plan B, I would discourage it.

Staying with your Brother may become a comfort zone for you again. Free food and all. And trust me I know from experience that free food May bring insults...

Come to Abuja. Stay till February, then the fear of embarrassment will prompt you to avoid eviction. The truth remains, as I found out quite late, Abuja people have a considerably higher spending power so your hustle may see more patronage.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Ourown(m): 9:20pm On Dec 23, 2020
I served in lokoja and I want to tell you that Lokoja is dry in terms of development. Go back to Abuja and double your hustle. As a new y we, there might be new opportunities. When your rent expires by February and nothing shows still, then go back Lokoja. As you have tried

46 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 23, 2020
I Wonder what would even make you think of staying back in lokoja with your brother. Trust me u may enjoy the ride for a little while and get tired in the long run.. that comfort of staying on ur own and doing something at ur own paste will be no more there and I bet u would get fed up with staying with your uncle over time.

Let me tell you I'm planning relocating lokoja to Abuja next month cause I've been in lokoja for over 10yrs now but nothing seems to be moving for me, the town is just too dry and short of opportunities. Most of my friend we were together ran and left me here even the last female friend I have left her job park and run to Abuja just this afternoon cause she's tired of the town. Personally, if there's anything u can do to prevent staying in this town pls do cos lokoja is not a nice place for youth to hustle and make it. The town dey dry everyday people still dey run out and nahin u wan leave Abuja com stay?

Guy abeg do all means possible and find somewhere to manage in Abuja. I pray @lastoffourtnyt help u out. Wish u well!

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Kokoboss: 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2020
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Dayoebe(m): 6:06am On Dec 24, 2020
Opportunity abound in Abuja.
That's where you can find oil money

Personally, I don't like staying with people. I can't be a leech to someone else.

Except there's a job readily available for you in Lokoja, don't become a burden to someone else

No matter what, you can still survive on your own with faith

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by liver123(m): 6:34am On Dec 24, 2020
Hmmm, Thank you all for your advice

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Deffjam: 6:44am On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:
Hmmm, Thank you all for your advice
bro ,better go back. Lokoja is full of shit. I plan running away very soon.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by kzubyar(m): 7:10am On Dec 24, 2020
Lastoffourtnyt:

To have a breakthrough, you must persistent I'm and you even bothered to mind about the scars. better to cry in mansion rather than to be happy in the village. I don't know about you but I want to be wealthy. I don't have time for bullshit, I don't want to tell junior to manage or let with suffer.... God won't be happy with me even if dare.

on other news, if you want to move to a very cheaper place with descent rent in any area in Abuja, I'm sure you can still manage to raise the rent with menial jobs around you.

are you from gwas?

well, don't forget to contact for your house rent if you later decided to stay. My guy Abuja still better than lokoja..major problem people experience staying in Abuja's is accomation let me ask you how much are you Paying were you stayed

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Prolificgiant(m): 8:37am On Dec 24, 2020
If you don't have job in Abuja? You have no reason to go back there, what make u think you can't make it in lokoja. People are making it in lokoja too now

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Omihanifa: 9:11am On Dec 24, 2020
Dayoebe:
Opportunity abound in Abuja.
That's where you can find oil money

Personally, I don't like staying with people. I can't be a leech to someone else.

Except there's a job readily available for you in Lokoja, don't become a burden to someone else

No matter what, you can still survive on your own with faith

It's not as easy as you think, a lot of people came to Abuja because of that perception that oil money abounds here grin but the question is how many people get access to that oil money? It's only less than 1 percent of the population

Am not saying there are no rich people in Abuja o but the issue is that before you can break into their circles you go suffer well well undecided

It's better for the guy to go and stay with his brother first in Lokoja then when his financial situation gets better he can come back or he can even start a business in Lokoja and be sending his goods to Abuja. For example he can try his hands on dry fish business that is readily available and cheaper in Lokoja and be sending to customers in abj

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by MackIV(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
Hahahahaha
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by abragr8: 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
My company needs a Civil Engineer in Abuja. We have some proposed projects lined up for 2021. So send your CV to daystarshelter@gmail.com
Whether you stay in Abuja or in Kogi my state, if you are qualified based on our company standards we will call you.

CHECK A 3000-SEATER EVENT CENTRE THAT OUR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY DAYSTAR SHELTER LTD BUILT IN 2020
https://www.nairaland.com/6312184/construction-process-3000-seater-event#97033776

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by tommy589(m): 7:04pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:
Please pardon my grammatical blunders. I have stayed in abuja since 2018 after my service and I have done some petty work work as a civil engineering graduate which doesn't measure up for survival and up till date I have not gotten a decent job.

This year has been very tough for me as I struggle to even feed. My rent in abuja will expire February and I don't have a job.

Now am in lokoja to visit my elder brother for xmass and he is in support that I should stay back in lokoja since I don't have a job in abuja and my rent will soon expire. Am totally confused now on whether to stay back or go back to abuja as this lokoja town is too dry and I don't even know how I can get a job here.

Stay in Abuja. If your observation of lokoja is not appealing don't relocate. After all, If not for rent issue you have been hussling and surviving somehow in Abj with optimism of a promising future.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by millionboi2: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

it depends on opportunity

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Jaqenhghar: 7:07pm On Dec 24, 2020
Lastoffourtnyt:

are you from gwas?

Who told you its only in abuja you can make money. Person cannot afford a sinple apartment you are talking of mansion. SMH

1 Like

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by AyoConduit: 7:10pm On Dec 24, 2020
Better still, go to Lagos.
Your choice
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Dindomitable1: 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

With your little stay in Abuja I suppose you've had some friends, you can put up with one and try get something doing don't mind how small it may be. Despise not the days of little beginning.
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Daviestunech(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
U need the right connection in Abuja....make I link u?

4 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by BigBrother9ja: 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
angry

Stay here and there.
Anytime I read a post with PLEASE PARDON MY GRAMMAR blablabla, I get very pissed angry

Why must you apologize?

Who are you apologizing to?

Why should anyone care?

English na your first language?

How many oyibo understand Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa?

RUBBISH!

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by frog12: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
should I stay in abuja or lokoja? why do you ask these stupid questoins?
should I stay with my parents or move in with my girlfriend/fiancee.... foolish queston. go and ask your parents!
Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by Lastoffourtnyt: 7:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Jaqenhghar:

Who told you its only in abuja you can make money. Person cannot afford a sinple apartment you are talking of mansion. SMH

I'm just trying to say, God's time is the best and we need to be at the location that would enhance the timing of the God. Like if there's opportunities for him in Lokoja, I don't see why he should come back and suffer in Abuja but if Kogi is dry as some people report here, he doesn't have any reason to let free food and comfort take over his reasoning faculty.

Get rich or die trying things and you know, you need opportunities around you to keep trying. Everything can't fail you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? by ekesol: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
liver123:

The worst place u stay is lokoja. Unless u want to be a tug to yahaya bello.
Go back to Abuja and restrategise.

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bank Cleaner Or Teaching, Which One Will You Suggest? / Why Do Employers Do This. What Happened To Me With A Principal / Am I Being Scammed? Please Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.