Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? (26877 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Get A Job Right After NYSC? / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Unemployment: How Have You Been Surviving After NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 12:10pm On Feb 21, 2022
I just finished my nysc and I begged my friend to accommodate me for the time being pending when I secure a job. I just moved in on Saturday and I've been submitting CV to different employers. I feel useless staying at home whilst others go about their daily breads. Please if you have any link to any available job or you're a HR and your organization is in Ajah, I would be most grateful if you can link me up with a job.

Modified : I studied industrial technology(technical education) and in my past experience, I've taught in some schools as basic tech, maths or physics teacher. I have also worked as a store manager/office assistant in some non academic organizations

80 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by inumidun2010(m): 1:00pm On Feb 21, 2022
LieDetector:
I just finished my nysc and I begged my friend to accommodate me for the time being pending when I secure a job. I just moved in on Saturday and I've been submitting CV to different employers. I feel useless staying at home whilst others go about their daily breads. Please if you have any link to any available job or you're a HR and your organization is in Ajah, I would be most grateful if you can link me up with a job.

Lemme give you my token advice.. Take on teaching position for a start...it's the easiest job to get in this Lagos...
If you reside on the island , then it makes it more sweeter... There are loads of private teaching jobs on the island...some people make nothing less than 200k monthly from private teaching...
You might ask how you'd get this , Google private lesson agencies on the island ( I can recommend PREPCLASS TUTORS )...
Dont be idle, your friend who accommodated you will get tired of you easily if you are... GOD BE WITH YOU

286 Likes 19 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2022
inumidun2010:

Lemme give you my token advice.. Take on teaching position for a start...it's the easiest job to get in this Lagos...
If you reside on the island , then it makes it more sweeter... There are loads of private teaching jobs on the island...some people make nothing less than 200k monthly from private teaching...
You might ask how you'd get this , Google private lesson agencies on the island ( I can recommend PREPCLASS TUTORS )...
Dont be idle, your friend who accommodated you will get tired of you easily if you are... GOD BE WITH YOU
thanks bro. Will look into it

66 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by heniford2: 2:54pm On Feb 21, 2022
LieDetector:
dude my advice to you take any job available and save up start a business

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Nicepoker(m): 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2022
Welcome to the real world.

75 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Offpointng: 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2022
LieDetector:

Your problem here is that you din plan well bfr going for service, you just rushed to NYSC prolly cuz of the fun of it but anyways by gone be by gone

Do quick and get you a private Korope (that's the new oil well now) taking Victoria island to Mokola/molete or Oshodi to Bodija/Bere will earn you some profits daily

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by juman(m): 3:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Good luck.
As one post said there are numerous teaching jobs.
That's good for you.
Benefit of living in big city.

Be very hard working. Key to success.

1 Like

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by omonla10(m): 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
Revolution2022:
#200k!Lie Mohammad
don't use your shallow thinking to say what u don't know.. Some guys make over 300k monthly in this Lagos on private teaching..

37 Likes

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by inumidun2010(m): 4:48pm On Feb 21, 2022
Revolution2022:
#200k!Lie Mohammad

See this one... You think everybody is broke?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by mrdharkchild(m): 5:07pm On Feb 21, 2022
First of all what did u study?
Secondly, what did u graduate with
Lastly, what are you good at and what's your ideal company ?

Welcome to reality, ask God for directions as you apply.
Trust in Him and keep Him closer. Listen to the voices in your head.

Even after saying all these, know again that it ain't easy. Theres also no standard pace of progress, move at your grace and pace.

Reality here needs Jesus. Adapt to Nigeria reality as a nigerian to survive.

In other countries reality, you almost won't even know God exists and know spirituality.

Adapt accordingly.
May the force be with you.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by OGraffix(m): 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
LieDetector:

We gather dey bro ..me self just finish my nysc.... The best is to take a teaching job as a start ..by Gods grace all thing will b soft..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
omonla10:
don't use your shallow thinking to say what u don't know.. Some guys make over 300k monthly in this Lagos on private teaching..
Which school is that in Lagos?I want to do my investigation.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
inumidun2010:

See this one... You think everybody is broke?
No.Na the lie I no believe.Na normal teacher abi principal?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 21, 2022
omonla10:
I still dey wait you.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by revived2: 5:50pm On Feb 21, 2022
Revolution2022:
I still dey wait you.

He said private teaching are you not supposed to understand he means private(home) lesson teacher for individual students?

Some have about two to three students they take in specific number of days per week

And some charge as high as #50-#100k per student, which depends

If a private teacher has 2-4students , that's an average of #100k per month

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Nozino: 5:59pm On Feb 21, 2022
LieDetector:

You want link up without providing the basic information an HR personnel will need. Sometimes, you people on Nairaland don’t deserve help at all

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 21, 2022
revived2:

He said private teaching are you not supposed to understand he means private(home) lesson teacher for individual students?

Some have about two to three students they take in specific number of days per week

And some charge as high as #50-#100k per student, which depends

If a private teacher has 2-4students , that's an average of #100k per month
Guy,all na still lies.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by inumidun2010(m): 7:47pm On Feb 21, 2022
Revolution2022:
Guy,all na still lies.

Even In MARYLAND here, some charge as high as 60k , 3times a week( with an option of online teaching)... Imagine someone wey come dey teach 2 kids in 2 different homes.. That's why some school here don't allow their staff do HOME LESSON...
Change your CIRCLE if nothing GOOD CIRCULATES AROUND YOU...

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by Maj196(m): 8:01pm On Feb 21, 2022
So you didn't plan your next step before you finish. Well my advice for you is find a teaching job around and start learning a tech skill by the side. Good luck

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by daxon001(m): 9:05pm On Feb 21, 2022
LieDetector:
This bro, I think, isn't a good start.
No info on what you can do. You haven't projected yourself well enough.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by omonla10(m): 9:14pm On Feb 21, 2022
Revolution2022:
Which school is that in Lagos?I want to do my investigation.
not private school.. As private tutors.. Teaching in private homes
Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LikeAking: 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2022
Good luck my guy u go make am. Find ur school mates, they will link you up. Some of your school mates will get good joobs within one year, they will carry you along.

My advice: Forget all this private school hustle.

No gain.

Its complete exploitation, etc.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by OneCorner: 2:45am On Feb 22, 2022
You can work at a sport bet shop or maybe you join Jonathan support group for the coming presidential election

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by motionarena: 7:00am On Feb 22, 2022
LieDetector:

Modified : I studied industrial technology(technical education) and in my past experience, I've taught in some schools as basic tech, maths or physics teacher. I have also worked as a store manager and office assistant in a non academic organization.
Apply

https://careers-tekexperts.icims.com/jobs/5739/login?utm_campaign=%5BSEM%5D+-+Brand+-+Nigeria+2021&utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=ppc&mobile=true&width=412&height=724&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=60&jun1offset=60
Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 7:05am On Feb 22, 2022
Offpointng:

Your problem here is that you din plan well bfr going for service, you just rushed to NYSC prolly cuz of the fun of it but anyways by gone be by gone

Do quick and get you a private Korope (that's the new oil well now) taking Victoria island to Mokola/molete or Oshodi to Bodija/Bere will earn you some profits daily
not like I didn't plan anything bro. My story long sha. My friend understood that's why he agreed to Harbour me while I look for jobs
Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 7:06am On Feb 22, 2022
juman:
Good luck.
As one post said there are numerous teaching jobs.
That's good for you.
Benefit of living in big city.

Be very hard working. Key to success.
noted. Thanks
Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 7:07am On Feb 22, 2022
mrdharkchild:
First of all what did u study?
Secondly, what did u graduate with
Lastly, what are you good at and what's your ideal company ?

Welcome to reality, ask God for directions as you apply.
Trust in Him and keep Him closer. Listen to the voices in your head.

Even after saying all these, know again that it ain't easy. Theres also no standard pace of progress, move at your grace and pace.

Reality here needs Jesus. Adapt to Nigeria reality as a nigerian to survive.

In other countries reality, you almost won't even know God exists and know spirituality.

Adapt accordingly.
May the force be with you.
Modified : I studied industrial technology(technical education) and in my past experience, I've taught in some schools as basic tech, maths or physics teacher. I have also worked as a store manager/office assistant in some non academic organizations
Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 7:07am On Feb 22, 2022
Nozino:

You want link up without providing the basic information an HR personnel will need. Sometimes, you people on Nairaland don’t deserve help at all

1 Like

Re: I Just Touched Down Lagos After Nysc. Where Do I Go From Here? by LieDetector(m): 7:08am On Feb 22, 2022
Maj196:
So you didn't plan your next step before you finish. Well my advice for you is find a teaching job around and start learning a tech skill by the side. Good luck
I did bro. But my story long. I didn't want to go into details

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Things You Should Never Put On Your Cv / Nigerian Govt Commences Fresh N-power Category, Reveals Procedures / Alert!!! Job Seekers Dont Fall For This Scam - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.