Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,402 members, 7,836,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (39211 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by iamimohtal(m): 6:07am On Dec 26, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...
See as nairaland members just base their comments and advice on the facts say na bang them go bang for inside the room..

Very archaic, primitive and sophomoric way of reasoning
Swears, Op abeg leave the girl jare, the fact she brot a boy home shoes respect. unah and u nah African tradition. when u were younger u never went to visit a girl in her parents house ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:12am On Dec 26, 2020
extol1:
your niece lacks decorum seriously, at least she should have let the guy around you and not the other room(buhari's statement) we know what usually happen in the other room and for the guy, there is no common sense, if the girl is shameless, he shouldn't also do that. perhaps, how old is the lady? wwwkaycom

when it comes to pussy, some guys are always shameless

beside a guy that want to married a lady will comport himself and will not want to enter room with her not when her brother and the full family is around, it's obvious that guy is just taking advantage of that lady naivety

she need to be counsel by man not woman, Op talk to her and let her know it's a total disrespect to even invite someone to your house without informing you, it's height of foolishness to walk a stranger to your room just like that because someone her parent didn't introduced to you, regardless of her introduction he's a stranger to you

next time learn to react immediately, if you had reacted immediately, she won't take the guy inn, that's total rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Wiifesnatcher(m): 6:13am On Dec 26, 2020
iamimohtal:

Swears, Op abeg leave the girl jare, the fact she brot a boy home shoes respect. unah and u nah African tradition. when u were younger u never went to visit a girl in her parents house ?

is op not suppose to be informed before inviting him? that's disrespect even the whites won't tolerate that nonsense

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by chiefojiji(m): 6:18am On Dec 26, 2020
What nonsense be that one.... And she didn't even pre informed you about him visiting.... You should have scolded her after the guy has left. She don spoil

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by vickydevoka(m): 6:22am On Dec 26, 2020
Righteousness2:
Going into a room with a man who is not her Husband is an ungodly and unholy act.Doing it right in your presence is an insult to you as the Head of the House..

It's Good your wife talk to her about that. If you are not satisfied, you should talk some sense into her.
This is de best advice. Cram dis this advice word to word n pour it to her like dat

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Biggers82(m): 6:26am On Dec 26, 2020
Very wrong that guy is just a senseless fool and that your Niece has no respect
You shouldn't have allowed that in your house
How can that guy go Bleep your niece right under your nose and your wife saw Notting in it.
You should have embarrassed two of them by working that stupid guy out of your house and warn your niece never to try that rubbish again.
Is like your wife is now the Man of the house and not you I can't you man up and stop that nonsense if that girl gets pregnant her Mum and Dad will not for give you ooo

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by chiefojiji(m): 6:26am On Dec 26, 2020
iamimohtal:

she should have taken him to his parents house 1st. The op said she dare not try it with her parents. It's never a respect to a parent, even ordinary me, if my friend is coming with a friend, he must inform me b4 doing that... She now worsen me matter, the guy went straight into her room, meaning dey had romance under her uncles roof.. That is bull5hit

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by oladunjoye23936: 6:29am On Dec 26, 2020
:She is going to be 22 by end of January, Born 1999, now a final year pharmacy student.Children of nowadays. Maybe na the bress she grow dey deceive her sha.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by COdeGenesis: 6:32am On Dec 26, 2020
It shows your niece is comfortable around you. She can open up and tell your thing. You just need to caution her and let her know it doesn't make sense inviting someone over without your knowledge or your wife's knowledge. But a guy like that is a red flag. I would never do that even if she is my fiancee sef. You just need to respect the owners of the house. Just tell her you do not want to see her with that guy. I am sure it was the guy that coaxed her to visit. Reminds me of when I was young, I had an aunty I was very close to even more than my mum. I would tell her stuffs about babes, future and issues I was having. I even invited a babe to her house once. But I told her about it before doing it
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by konkonbilo(m): 6:34am On Dec 26, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Some men no get sense.
You get my point, that guy just de beat around the bush. Even the gal told me nothing will happen I can never stay long haba! You stay inside her room as a visitor con de relax like say na your house or your papa house.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by yomi007k(m): 6:36am On Dec 26, 2020
Cutehector:
very lovely comment.

Thank you.

I'm talking from experience.

A distant relative got pregnant at the age of 20 in this present economy without a skill or education thanks to the "irresponsible nature" of the parents.

I know her mother from childhood and I can tell u she is very non challant and unfit to supervise her daughters. Now, dey tax me because life is hard. How is that my fault?
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by konkonbilo(m): 6:42am On Dec 26, 2020
yomi007k:

Thank you.

A distant relative got pregnant at the age of 20 in this present economy without a skill or education thanks to the "irresponsible nature" of the parents.

I know her mother from childhood and I can tell u she is very non challant and unfit to supervise her daughters. Now, dey tax me because life is hard. How is that my fault?
lol grin you be big rich big uncle na
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by yomi007k(m): 6:47am On Dec 26, 2020
konkonbilo:
lol grin you be big rich big uncle na

Not really. I just dey try.

However, to gain and sustain wealth you need wisdom and discipline which is what they should gain first before asking for money.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Jakama90(m): 6:47am On Dec 26, 2020
It's not wrong that her male friend visited her, but it's very wrong to take him to her room and stays that long.
They should have stayed in the general parlor.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by GeneralPula: 6:52am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?

Your niece was up to something, but you obviously didn’t understand what she was up to. She did everything on purpose..

What you was suppose to do is to sit down the guy when he was about leaving, sit down your niece too then you’ll ask who is the guy & whatsup with him..

To me that was what your niece was expecting of you.. If she doesn’t want you to question her, she wouldn’t have let in a guy into your house.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by nnamdico82: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2020
You mean 3 good hours inside room without permission?haha!the 2 of them get mind, but on a serious note your niece like sex, she can't even wait till school resumes or look for another place. Take heart bro, shit happens.

wwwkaycom:
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by goshen26: 7:02am On Dec 26, 2020
blinking001:
Westernization has eaten deep into our once envied culture. What a shame
Op better warn that girl never to try that bullshit in your house again ever in her life. What rubbish
Imagine the level of disrespect. Spits

Imagine.

Those days you dear tell your dad "he is my girlfriend"

We do it under, that's if we have self.

I didn't have the courage to introduce my wife to be, I had to say "mom I will be bringing your wife to u"

OP, you have done well by not speaking out of anger then, but allowing madam to speak to her is wrong.

Your wife might have gained some respect in your family that makes the family respect her, but before you know the respect is gone.

When you ar calm, speak to the girl yourself not your wife.

Even if we copy every nonsense from the white our sanity should at least remain intact
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by golddare: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
Its painful that my wife won't allow me to talk sense into her head!

Pikin wey don spoil. Anyways, wait to see if she go come apologise otherwise no transport fare for her.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Paulianfa(m): 7:10am On Dec 26, 2020
sir u are too much for not flaring or blazing the whole fun up oh see grammar! ur wife is a material she is a good woman for preventing u because I know what u would have done, the guy is lucky. water dey dia head because a final girl cannot invite a boyfriend to her uncle' house in d ist place talk less of spending 3hrs inside the room for what nah. thank u let peace reign, council her now b4 she takes ur house as a meeting point with the loose guarded element, with the baby boyfriend. merry Xmas...
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Cutehector(m): 7:12am On Dec 26, 2020
yomi007k:

Thank you.

you can imagine men telling him to calm down.. Them no just born that wife and irresponsible niece well.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Fiscus105(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2020
konkonbilo:
You get my point, that guy just de beat around the bush. Even the gal told me nothing will happen I can never stay long haba! You stay inside her room as a visitor con de relax like say na your house or your papa house.

You and the guy you quote lacked knowledge of things littered everywhere in our society and environment.

Are you that so young? Perhaps daft?

Infact you don't deserve unnecessary attention and reply

COUNTLESS of girls I ve gone to their fathers / mothers HOUSES base
on assurance I got from them...
(I traveled from ondo state to delta to visit a girl in her family, first nite in uncle room, 2nd nite parent's house different towns in Delta,

Another occasions, I visited Ramota we stayed in same town,who was staying with her sister but sister travld ,not knowing her sister back that day, wen I got there by 7pm I met sister who came back from traveling, I tot that was end of game that day, wen it was 10pm Ramota persuaded her sister to go and sleep in another place, immediately she left, we entered room, we bang as fast as possible and back to my hood.)

Several like that plsssssssssssssssss

Go and up ur game and understand relationship and mind game before you married o. Is obvious you are a kid.

Olosho don't make you guys know how to manipulate girls into their pants in very tight and difficult situations.
I salute boyfriend of op's niece, he is a queen in a game of chess, why the owner of house rendered irrelevant as a pawn

I insist the confidence guy/man get is solely from assurance woman gives prior to visiting .

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by nnamdico82: 7:18am On Dec 26, 2020
You mean 3 good hours inside room without permission?haha!the 2 of them get mind, but on a serious note your niece like sex, she can't even wait till school resumes or look for another place. Take heart bro, shit happens.

wwwkaycom:

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by ddeola: 7:20am On Dec 26, 2020
Would you rather have them meet in places you don't know?

You better seize the opportunity to get to know the young man and let him feel welcomed in your home if you know you will not marry your own niece. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

I was once in that shoe when I was dating my wife of 8 years now when we met 12 years ago. Her elder sister and her hubby were quite unfriendly but I was determined because my mother-in-law loved me and all her big sister's children loved me so much. Today, we are happily married to the glory of God but the truth is that her elder sister and her husband still carry the guilty conscience till today (am not joking).

My candid opinion, try and get to know the boy very well, you may be looking at your future brother-in-law. Please deal carefully and cautiously.

A word is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Worksunlimited: 7:26am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:
Its painful that my wife won't allow me to talk sense into her head!

Because she ain't your sister.. There are boundaries to this in-law thing.. respect your boundary, before you disrespect to yourself.

The person you marry na her sister, talk to her sister and let your wife handle it.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by danny34(m): 7:38am On Dec 26, 2020
You have a good wife there!

wwwkaycom:

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Hangulsaram: 7:43am On Dec 26, 2020
crackhaus:
Some elements of your story OP are not tying up properly for me...

1. Your niece is bold enough to invite her boyfriend over to your house without prior notice.
2. She's also bold enough to introduce him as her boyfriend to your face.
3. And then the ultimate display of boldness was to lead him to her bedroom where they spent three hours.

How? Why?

Na wah oo...
It feels as if you're the visitor in that house and she's the owner, because that's the only way any of this will make sense. cheesy

Okay let's go with it for a minute and assume this is all for real, why is your wife stopping you from talking?
You have a right to be upset, you have a right to lash out... this is not something you should be afraid to step on toes for.

As a matter of fact, it is YOUR duty to call your niece to order... NOT your wife's duty.
The girl is your niece, your own relative...
Whatever you do to reprimand her will be taken more lightly since you're her uncle by blood. Don't even let your wife be the one to chook mouth because the niece can go report her and twist it to make your wife appear like the bad person.

Just imagine, she say she want to counsel her gently... Lol
Pikin wey nor get respect for her host family.
You should drag her ears well well sef, I'm sure her parents will thank you for it.
You got it bro. I’m vexing now, what a nonsense and I think there is something the wife is not telling him, wife scold her....gently? If she is not careful the issue will backfire on her.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Robinson155(m): 7:51am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:

Boss .. no vex say I come your house o
Your niece told me bout this and I didn’t know you a NLM
Either ways
Am sorry
We didn’t do anything stupid
And nice house btw
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Kayberg: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2020
angry
I'm not sorry to say some of the children born in the 1990s and 2000s have no good thought in their brains and heart than boyfriend/girldfriend and sex.

Don't quote me.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by ekhai(m): 7:58am On Dec 26, 2020
yomi007k:
Na so e dey start.

That girl don dey spoil dey go...
But how old is the girl in question. What's the level of her education. If she's an undergraduate, can't she start planning her future from now? Let the above questions answered first before we start our judgements.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by konkonbilo(m): 8:06am On Dec 26, 2020
Fiscus105:

You and the guy you quote lacked knowledge of things littered everywhere in our society and environment.

Are you that so young? Perhaps daft?

Infact you don't deserve unnecessary attention and reply

COUNTLESS of girls I ve gone to their fathers / mothers HOUSES base
on assurance I got from her...
(I traveled from ondo state to delta to visit a girl in her family, first nite in uncle room, 2nd nite parent house diffrent towns in delta,

Another occasions, I visited Ramota we stayed in same town,who was staying with her sister but sister travld ,not knowing her sister back that day, wen I got thre by 7pm I met sister who came back from traveling, I tot that was end of game that day, wen it was 10pm Ramota persuaded her sister to go and sleep in another place, immediately she left, we entered room, we bang as fast as possible and back to my hood.)

Several like that plsssssssssssssssss

Go and up ur game and understand relationship and mind game before you married o. Is obvious you are a kid.

Olosho don't make you guys know how to manipulate girls into her pants in very tight and difficult situations.
I salute boyfriend of op's niece, he is a queen in a game of chess, why the owner of house render irrelevant as a pawn

I insist the confidence guy/man get is solely from assurance woman gives prior to visiting .
keep typing epistle. You're not different from the guy and her girl friend.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by SeniorGee(m): 8:10am On Dec 26, 2020
Brought a man into my house, took him into the room for 3 good hours, probably carried out some lebete on bed I bought, in my presence
I can only imagine cos it simply cannot happen where I dey. That's an insult. She can't do it at her parents place that's why shoe chose your end because she knows you will condone it. Trust me she will do it again.
Put your feet down and give her the warning of her life before she corrupt your kids and family.
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by emmabest2000(m): 8:13am On Dec 26, 2020
wwwkaycom:

Weak uncle grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Men And Their Cheating Ways. / Once Husband And Wife Sleep In Different Beds, The Marriage Is Almost Over ..... / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.