Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,951 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? (39110 Views)

Is This Enough Reason To Send My Niece Back To The Village? / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / I Caught My Husband Sucking My Niece’s Breast, Sleeping With Our Maid -wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by wwwkaycom(m): 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2020
My niece came visiting for Christmas, I was so glad to have her with us since yesterday. She'll be leaving on Sunday.

We came back from our church programme today and just as we were finishing lunch, this young guy just knocked on the door and my niece Shola went to open the door for him. He came in and she just introduced him casually as Clement, her boyfriend. She led him straight to her room and were there for like 3 hours before the guy left.

I felt insulted and irritated by her action but my wife would not allow me to say anything. She said I will talk to her angrily, she however promised to call her and counsel her gently before bed this night. That must be the kind of rubbish she has been doing in her school because I know she won't even dare it with her parent. She has been telling me her mum especially is high handed and just too tough for her liking.

I'm still not so happy because of my wife's action, or am I been too old school or archaic?

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by yomi007k(m): 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2020
Na so e dey start.

That girl don dey spoil dey go...

257 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by RedPanthar: 7:31pm On Dec 25, 2020
Oga. Let the woman handle it. You already sound like a man that wants to break something.

It's culturally wrong. But, if you see her as your own, having females entertain their data under the family's supervision has been proven to be effected as this affords everyone to provide support and keep tabs of both parties

No vex, Let the woman handle it. When you have a second occasion, you may then chip in

256 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by wwwkaycom(m): 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
yomi007k:
Na so e dey start.

That girl don dey spoil dey go...
Its painful that my wife won't allow me to talk sense into her head!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by wwwkaycom(m): 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2020
RedPanthar:
Oga. Let the woman handle it. You already sound like a man that wants to break something.

It's culturally wrong. But, if you see her as your one having females entertain their data under the family's supervision has been proven to be effected as this affords everyone to provide support and keep tabs of both parties

No vex.

Let the woman handle it. When you have a second occasion, you may then chip in
OK, thanks so much.

18 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Samakus(m): 7:34pm On Dec 25, 2020
You're being human bro. But thank God your wife stopped you from embarrassing her guest. Now, both of you can sit her down at night and counsel her like a couple.

Cheers and have a good Yuletide

168 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by yomi007k(m): 7:36pm On Dec 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
Its painful that my wife won't allow me to talk sense into her head!

Bros. If that girl becomes a liability , will it be your wife's responsibility? No. Na ur family go suffer am either directly or indirectly.

Baba be firm. When you get the chance, tell her never in her life to try that stunt. Let her go and do it in her father's house. E.O.D.

458 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Karleb(m): 7:38pm On Dec 25, 2020
Nothing wrong with her boyfriend visiting her IMO. But I'd never allow them go into the room together if I were you.

Whatever they can't do in the sitting room must remain undone.

589 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by FanOfMyself: 7:49pm On Dec 25, 2020
They committed fornication under your roof bro. That's the season we are in right now. A season of immorality and lasciviousness angry

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by usj(m): 7:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
If not for anything, you should be glad that she is not hiding the boyfriend. Now! You can counsel her from your vast knowledge/experience and keep tab on them. Your wife did the right thing, confronting someone when you're angry is not a good decision you may say/do something that you may regret.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by extol1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 25, 2020
your niece lacks decorum seriously, at least she should have let the guy around you and not the other room(buhari's statement) we know what usually happen in the other room and for the guy, there is no common sense, if the girl is shameless, he shouldn't also do that. perhaps, how old is the lady? wwwkaycom

139 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Righteousness2(m): 7:57pm On Dec 25, 2020
Going into a room with a man who is not her Husband is an ungodly and unholy act.Doing it right in your presence is an insult to you as the Head of the House..

It's Good your wife talk to her about that. If you are not satisfied, you should talk some sense into her Brain

164 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by wwwkaycom(m): 8:02pm On Dec 25, 2020
extol1:
your niece lacks decorum seriously, at least she should have let the guy around you and not the other room(buhari's statement) we know what usually happen in the other room and for the guy, there is no common sense, if the girl is shameless, he shouldn't also do that. perhaps, how old is the lady? wwwkaycom
She is going to be 22 by end of January, Born 1999, now a final year pharmacy student.

26 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by bukatyne(f): 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
She is going to be 22 by end of January, Born 1999, now a final year pharmacy student.

Bros 22 yr old is old enough to marry na

Her mates are done with their kids. tongue

Seriously, she was wrong for not informing you before the visit.

She should have said 'Brother, a male friend of mine wants to visit me here.'

Na you go kana say na her boyfriend.

This would have prepared you to engage him as baba Iyawo.

I want to assume he is serious that's why he can visit her in your home.

However, I don't understand the part of entering the room for three hours.

Surely, they are not stupid enough to have sex in your house? undecided

Let madam talk to her so she learns how to behave next time. That way, you also make an impact in her life.

Merry Christmas.

146 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by extol1(m): 8:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
bukatyne:

Bros 22 yr old is old enough to marry na

Her mates are done with their kids. tongue

Seriously, she was wrong for not informing you before the visit.

She should have said 'Brother, a male friend of mine wants to visit me here.'

Na you go kana say na her boyfriend.

This would have prepared you to engage him as baba Iyawo.

I want to assume he is serious that's why he can visit her in your home.

However, I don't understand the part of entering the room for three hours.

Surely, they are not stupid enough to have sex in your house? undecided

Let madam talk to her so she learns how to behave next time.

Merry Christmas.
they can be so stupid enough to have sex in his house. sex doesn't requires long time.

142 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by extol1(m): 8:26pm On Dec 25, 2020
wwwkaycom:
youth exuberant and her course is deceiving her that she know the remedy in case of anything. if I were you, I would not have allow them to go into the room in the first place since she can't do that in her parent house

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by crackhaus: 8:30pm On Dec 25, 2020
Some elements of your story OP are not tying up properly for me...

1. Your niece is bold enough to invite her boyfriend over to your house without prior notice.
2. She's also bold enough to introduce him as her boyfriend to your face.
3. And then the ultimate display of boldness was to lead him to her bedroom where they spent three hours.

How? Why?

Na wah oo...
It feels as if you're the visitor in that house and she's the owner, because that's the only way any of this will make sense. cheesy

Okay let's go with it for a minute and assume this is all for real, why is your wife stopping you from talking?
You have a right to be upset, you have a right to lash out... this is not something you should be afraid to step on toes for.

As a matter of fact, it is YOUR duty to call your niece to order... NOT your wife's duty.
The girl is your niece, your own relative...
Whatever you do to reprimand her will be taken more lightly since you're her uncle by blood. Don't even let your wife be the one to chook mouth because the niece can go report her and twist it to make your wife appear like the bad person.

Just imagine, she say she want to counsel her gently... Lol
Pikin wey nor get respect for her host family.
You should drag her ears well well sef, I'm sure her parents will thank you for it.

270 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Ulunne777(f): 8:52pm On Dec 25, 2020
Only Nigerian parents will want you not to have a boyfriend but later present a fiance to them .
The only thing you should be angry with is both being in the room for hrs instead of the sitting room to avoid temptation.

In my dating days, I always told my chykers to visit at home. It sieved the serious from the unserious and the former would go on to meet my mum who'd quiz them. We stayed in the living room to gist and my siblings would join the discussion too. If there's an outing, come and inform my parents.

It is better than she going to meet them at hotels or where you don't know which could result to something else.

Let's do things right. She's 22 and an adult. Talk to her like someone looking out for her

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Remijuice: 8:53pm On Dec 25, 2020
crackhaus:
Some elements of your story OP are not tying up properly for me...

1. Your niece who is bold enough to invite her boyfriend over to your house without prior notice.
2. She's also bold enough to introduce him as her boyfriend to your face.
3. And then the ultimate display of boldness was to lead him to her bedroom where they spent three hours.

How? Why?

Na wah oo...
It feels as if you're the visitor in that house and she's the owner, because that's the only way any of this will make sense. cheesy

Okay let's go with it for a minute and assume this is all for real, why is your wife stopping you from talking?
You have a right to be upset, you have a right to lash out... this is not something you should be afraid to step on toes for.

As a matter of fact, it is YOUR duty to call your niece to order... NOT your wife's duty.
The girl is your niece, your own relative...
Whatever you do to reprimand her will be taken more lightly since you're her uncle by blood. Don't even let your wife be the one to chook mouth because the niece can go report her and twist it to make your wife appear like the bad person.

Just imagine, she say she want to counsel her gently... Lol
Pikin wey nor get respect for her host family.
You should drag her ears well well sef, I'm sure her parents will thank you for it.

I go with this...

But I know this can't happen to me..
Civilised world my foot!

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by FanOfMyself: 8:59pm On Dec 25, 2020
extol1:

youth exorbitant and her course is deceiving her that she know the remedy in case of anything. if I were you, I would not have allow them to go into the room in the first place since she can't do that in her parent house
Exuberance wink

27 Likes

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2020
If she was my niece, I'd slap the nonsense guts she had off her face and walk the dude out of my house, how come she had the effrontery and boldness to invite a man to your house uninformed? And then she walked the guy to the room and stayed for 3 good hours? And the boyfriend mumuishly followed without respect for the host even if the girl no get sense? Adultkids of these days sef undecided

104 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by blinking001(m): 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
Westernization has eaten deep into our once envied culture. What a shame
Op better warn that girl never to try that bullshit in your house again ever in her life. What rubbish
Imagine the level of disrespect. Spits

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by baike: 10:19pm On Dec 25, 2020
Some girls don't have manner and respect dis days cheesy

Why not tell the guy to wait outside and she go and meet him therecheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by iCauseTrouble: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Realestatevixen: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hmm

A 4 bedroom all ensuite terrace duplex with BQ is for sale.Located behind Games Village Abuja.

Call for enquiries and inspection 080 36519. 974
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by slawormiir: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright ...
See as nairaland members just base their comments and advice on the facts say na bang them go bang for inside the room..

Very archaic, primitive and sophomoric way of reasoning

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
Hg
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Simplebeauty: 10:20pm On Dec 25, 2020
grin
Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Generalwoodz(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
Nlanders let's do this here

If it's Right For the Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In the House? Click LIKE
.if you think otherwise i.e it's morally wrong Click SHARE

10 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Prodigee: 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
Omo that your niece get mind o. She deserve brain resetting slap for that shyte she pulled under your roof. See as she turn your place to brothel. Vagina people sef.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Right For My Niece's Boyfriend To Visit Her In My House? by Janiobi(m): 10:21pm On Dec 25, 2020
without invitation, it is absolutely not right. find girl wey get sense before you end up having EVE for wife. your own go just finish pass ADAM

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Dead Neighbour / Men And Their Cheating Ways. / Which Is Worse? A Cheating Or Nagging Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.