Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:36 AM

Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election (53393 Views)

Niger Sent Donkeys, Equipment To Help Nigeria Crush Biafra - Nigerien Minister / Aboubakar Hima: Nigerien Wanted By EFCC (Photo) / Nigerien Arm Supplier To Bandits Beaten To Death And Dumped In A Sokoto River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 4:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Neonspook:

Is what he's doing legal? If its not why aren't the other candidates raiding alarm anout this. Maybe thid guy wants a political dynasty.

Mangal is a known smuggler. But within that geography (like most border areas) the connotation is more toward "opportunism" and less of "criminal". It doesn't mean that on a law basis he is okay. His operations span to Burkina Faso and he needs the status quo maintained.

He contributed heavily to Yar'Adua as well. It's a balancing act. Knowing that things hang in the balance, it is better safe than sorry. Afterall, his textile smuggling crimes were brought up in the House during Yar'Adua's time. Having insurance backed him up.
He knows what he's doing. Def not legal lol. Assurance is needed.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 26, 2020
Ever8090:
there is no such name as north central, it is middle belt..and the middle belt has nothing to do with norrh..you guys are the very people who is holding this country back with your that supports anything violence and backwardness
Say what ever u want but the whole world knows North-Central not the defunct middlebelt. Go back to ur sense and reason with what I told u in the previous comment.
Violence has successive history in Nigeria and it's obvious to everyone that the first ppl that started violence where the killers of our innocent grandfather's. You can't exonerate all regions in the history of violence. We've our challenges and I've optimism that it'll pass soonest and I'm not hoping but seeing the current crises in the nation u can obviously predict the next violence and where it'll arise.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
daysoo:

The only alignment the North Central has with the other part of the North is politics, apart from politics our culture is totally different with you guys.
Even the North has extreme cultural diversity than the south entirely. Just in Adamawa there are more than 50 tribes, Taraba and Gombe also.
Ponder well and assess the affinity of Nasarawa, Niger, Kwara and Kogi to North compared to South!
There is more to them in the north than in the south.

1 Like

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by poseidon12: 5:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Kapilta:
Lemme see that useless Yoruba president cum 23 that will not turn porto novo too to a state in SW. Railway, pipeline, refinery. Everything. If i will not curse him with obatanla. Nonsense and Nigeria.

So you believe the dummy sold to you by the clever Fulani about Yoruba Presidency in 2023 to secure second term for the incompetent Buhari Wow!
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by daysoo: 9:48pm On Dec 26, 2020
Coronabirus:
Even the North has extreme cultural diversity than the south entirely. Just in Adamawa there are more than 50 tribes, Taraba and Gombe also.
Ponder well and assess the affinity of Nasarawa, Niger, Kwara and Kogi to North compared to South!
There is more to them in the north than in the south.

You have no idea of what you are saying, how on Earth will you compare Sharia north to other part of the North. You can't even compare sayawa of bauchi, South Kaduna, and more to the core North talk more of North Central. It's only illorin of kwara and some part of Niger state I know is affiliated to the North because of religion, comparing kogi to the core north just proves you are ignorant about the North, kogi and core north is just like water and oil, we can't blend together.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 26, 2020
daysoo:

You have no idea of what you are saying, how on Earth will you compare Sharia north to other part of the North. You can't even compare sayawa of bauchi, South Kaduna, and more to the core North talk more of North Central. It's only illorin of kwara and some part of Niger state I know is affiliated to the North because of religion, comparing kogi to the core north just proves you are ignorant about the North, kogi and core north is just like water and oil, we can't blend together.
If d few brainwashed, minority, bigots among u can't relate with us why not hug transformer. We've been to nooks and crannies of this nation, we knw what thy call u in d south. Despite common challenges we will still accommodate and protect u more than them. Ponder well of ur assumptions.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by mightyhazel: 10:12pm On Dec 26, 2020
Prolific007:

I am and a proud one for that matter, since you couldn't see where I mentioned plateau state also. Benue and plateau had the highest number of generals or top ranking security agents compared to the rest of the country in short the middle belt has stood it's ground in the unifying process of this country and the only link between the south and the north yet they see them as minority till date.

So in essence if we choose to leave they wouldn't be any smelly one Nigeria, for since we were born and now we're older we haven't enjoyed any previledge as to being a Nigerian rather we suffer Marginalization from every angle.
One naijeriya

Go on with one naijeriya!!

stop being a traitor

and stop disturbing our ears pls
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by daysoo: 10:28pm On Dec 26, 2020
Coronabirus:
If d few brainwashed, minority, bigots among u can't relate with us why not hug transformer. We've been to nooks and crannies of this nation, we knw what thy call u in d south. Despite common challenges we will still accommodate and protect u more than them. Ponder well of ur assumptions.

Wassup with the anger, I just stated some facts and you're boiling like this. I can't laff, accommodate and protect us as in how? on a serious note what have you done for us, what have we gain from this north, apart from Fulani herdsmen killing us what else is our benefit siding with you guys, protect yourselves from bandit and terrorist before you think of protecting us, I don't blame you I blame my governor's who side with illiterates, but don't worry the moment we leave this one north fellacy, you won't rule Nigeria till the world end or better still remove you from Nigeria like orkar vision.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by einsteine(m): 10:41pm On Dec 26, 2020
PHijo:

Niger is not part of ECOWAS

They are. Don't be dull.

1 Like

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by PHijo(m): 10:50pm On Dec 26, 2020
einsteine:

They are. Don't be dull.

My bad! It is Cameroon and Chad that don't belong.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by daysoo: 11:11pm On Dec 26, 2020
PHijo:

My bad! It is Cameroon and Chad that don't belong.
Nawa oo from bad to worst
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:23pm On Dec 26, 2020
Nairalandwizerd:
who is this unbaptized pagan? Am happy to be associated with Atiku and Kanu. Buhari is the most useless living thing in the world. Shoe is more useful than Buhari.

Like for shoe.....

Share for Buhari..
I take it that 1 share its from manna

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 26, 2020
daysoo:

Wassup with the anger, I just stated some facts and you're boiling like this. I can't laff, accommodate and protect us as in how? on a serious note what have you done for us, what have we gain from this north, apart from Fulani herdsmen killing us what else is our benefit siding with you guys, protect yourselves from bandit and terrorist before you think of protecting us, I don't blame you I blame my governor's who side with illiterates, but don't worry the moment we leave this one north fellacy, you won't rule Nigeria till the world end or better still remove you from Nigeria like orkar vision.
Man, I'm not vex at all. I'm above that. Monster has been unleashed from different angles of this nation at different time and the conflict entrepreneurs won't stop untill the profit from it; banditry and terrorism are some of them, this will surely pass and the real perpetrators who have no tribe or religion but the profits in the act will find another way to unleash the mayhem somewhere again at the detriment of our weaknesses. Keep calling others illiterates but in real definition of illiteracy I know my ppl are always literate and have never bought the idea of living in servitude of whites being seeing as gods.
You can't talk for ur masters who are so loyal and will always be with the system. Nairaland is too small for the myopic voice of aggrieved bigots.
Kaduna is a typical example of ur delusional political primitive. There was never slogan of one North or two North as recently being chanted in Nairaland. politics is based on permutations and calculations, the political sagacity of the north is what fetches her its goals in a tactical manner.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by PHijo(m): 11:49pm On Dec 26, 2020
daysoo:

Nawa oo from bad to worst

Cameroon and Chad are not part of ECOWAS! You can check.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by daysoo: 12:18am On Dec 27, 2020
Coronabirus:
Man, I'm not vex at all. I'm above that. Monster has been unleashed from different angles of this nation at different time and the conflict entrepreneurs won't stop untill the profit from it; banditry and terrorism are some of them, this will surely pass and the real perpetrators who have no tribe or religion but the profits in the act will find another way to unleash the mayhem somewhere again at the detriment of our weaknesses. Keep calling others illiterates but in real definition of illiteracy I know my ppl are always literate and have never bought the idea of living in servitude of whites being seeing as gods.
You can't talk for ur masters who are so loyal and will always be with the system. Nairaland is too small for the myopic voice of aggrieved bigots.
Kaduna is a typical example of ur delusional political primitive. There was never slogan of one North or two North as recently being chanted in Nairaland. politics is based on permutations and calculations, the political sagacity of the north is what fetches her its goals in a tactical manner.

Am happy you finally agree that the relationship btw NC and the Core North is just our governors or elite, we the masses know we have nothing in common culturally and politically; like how we voted goodluck over buhari in 2011, and I don't see terrorism, banditry ending anytime soon, since your son, a former general can't end it tell me who will be able.

The only reason I quoted was because of your earlier respond "that the dream of Nigeria without hausa/Fulani or extremist is unachievable.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 12:48am On Dec 27, 2020
daysoo:

Am happy you finally agree that the relationship btw NC and the Core North is just our governors or elite, we the masses know we have nothing in common culturally and politically; like how we voted goodluck over buhari in 2011, and I don't see terrorism, banditry ending anytime soon, since your son, a former general can't end it tell me who will be able.

The only reason I quoted was because of your earlier respond "that the dream of Nigeria without hausa/Fulani or extremist is unachievable.
North is beyond Hausa-Fulani. It's much more than that.
Governors and elites are rooted from u. the relationship is only comprehensible for matured mind. BH is 80% defeated compared to past, we know what we've seen. man. Banditry is another story. If our leaders would think the way we do, the whole world would've been in serious disorder; forget the masses in decision making and look up to their leaders. Masses are only important at ballot box when you're talking abt driving the affairs of ppl.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:33am On Dec 27, 2020
Coronabirus:

Political sagacity of the North is a myth. A myth based on fictions and grand delusions.
In the first Republic, apart from the East, both North and West wanted the secession clause in the constitution. Both failed and the East has its way. The govt that emerged then was a power sharing one. While ATB ran the govt, Azikiwe also retained some powers and so did the parliament.
As a matter of fact, the cabinet was populated more by the East again. The first Republic could only last six years before the army struck. I'm sure you'll agree the military rulers had no business with political sagacity. They ruled by decree.
A northern president emerging after OBJ's rule was also balanced in 1999 by a southern president emerging after abdulsalam's rule. That's not too mention the botched 1993 elections where a southerner won over a core northerner even in the north!!
Since 1999, the North would have completed 11 years by 2023 while the south will have 13 so I ask again on what evidence do you rest your so-called sagacity? Is it on coups and counter-coups?

2 Likes

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by daysoo: 7:02am On Dec 27, 2020
Coronabirus:
North is beyond Hausa-Fulani. It's much more than that.
Governors and elites are rooted from u. the relationship is only comprehensible for matured mind. BH is 80% defeated compared to past, we know what we've seen. man. Banditry is another story. If our leaders would think the way we do, the whole world would've been in serious disorder; forget the masses in decision making and look up to their leaders. Masses are only important at ballot box when you're talking abt driving the affairs of ppl.

Lol, "Forget the masses in decision making" Bros you can't forget the masses, the pppe hold more power than the Leaders, when the citizens nothing to revolt their is nothing the elite can do. Just imagine if the North and South agree to protest on any issue our request must be granted.

Back to the topic, Me and you know that the romance btw our leaders and u guys is just politics, they align with you guys bcus of their interest not us and we know that, and if war is to happen in Nigeria, do you think our leaders will still align with you? I doubt that, and if they do we will chase them from that sit.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by kayjay69(m): 9:04am On Dec 27, 2020
Brother, God bless you for your insightful comments.

I always tell people to read about their history, they will understand alot about their present and possibly their future. It is sad that we live in an era of self-denial where we used religion to blind our sight and given ourselves a new identity, whereas the who we truly are, still exists under this new found garment.

Until we understand our who we are, as in who we truly are, we will continue to run round in circles.
JoeEeL:

When you fight a pig, you yourself becomes dirty. The pig will even likely beat you in the sticky mud.

To add a bit of wisdom, demand a separation of a people you were never part of.

Before the Brits came in the 1800's, we've always had our own history. We keep living life as if the Yoruba race just came into existence this past century. Many of us don't know who we are nor our antecedence, that's why we are quite myopic.

1 Like

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by JoeEeL(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2020
kayjay69:
Brother, God bless you for your insightful comments.

I always tell people to read about their history, they will understand alot about their present and possibly their future. It is sad that we live in an era of self-denial where we used religion to blind our sight and given ourselves a new identity, whereas the who we truly are, still exists under this new found garment.

Until we understand our who we are, as in who we truly are, we will continue to run round in circles.

My brother uve gotten it. Can't you see that many of us (Yorubas in context) don't even know who we are anymore as a people. We don't even know our value. Beaten down and trodden, we have forgotten our value. The Fulanis have actually tried to dominate down to Lagos coast before. Wanting to Islamise us with their own version of Islam and then install their Emirs, just like how Ilorin - a former Oyo kingdom military outpost - fell to them.

There was a particular Yoruba warrior responsible for pushing and resisting the Fulani armies then, Ive forgotten his name. But I think its Balogun Aderinlo. If you also have time, you can google this free PDF "'Art' of War: Analysis of Weapons of the 19th Century Yoruba"... You'll learn a lot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Nobody: 10:41am On Dec 27, 2020
Niger is the real Nigeria after all.
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Isabella199: 11:50am On Dec 27, 2020
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by kayjay69(m): 1:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
Just seeing your post, thanks bro I will surely read the book you recommend.

Please keep the flag flying, we need more people like you at the forefront.
JoeEeL:

My brother uve gotten it. Can't you see that many of us (Yorubas in context) don't even know who we are anymore as a people. We don't even know our value. Beaten down and trodden, we have forgotten our value. The Fulanis have actually tried to dominate down to Lagos coast before. Wanting to Islamise us with their own version of Islam and then install their Emirs, just like how Ilorin - a former Oyo kingdom military outpost - fell to them.

There was a particular Yoruba warrior responsible for pushing and resisting the Fulani armies then, Ive forgotten his name. But I think its Balogun Aderinlo. If you also have time, you can google this free PDF "'Art' of War: Analysis of Weapons of the 19th Century Yoruba"... You'll learn a lot

1 Like

Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Ever8090: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2021
Coronabirus:
the middle belt protected you from going extinct in the map of nigeria.so what the heck are you protecting us from?
If there should be any civil war again between you the born to rule and the south, that is when you will know on which side we belong this time around.
Mind you it will not be jihad were you come with explosive vest to commit suicide, it will be face to face and I tell you, you guys will be reduced to dust
Re: Dahiru Mangal Katsina’s Richest Man Pours Billions Into Nigerien Election by Konquest: 1:24am On Feb 13
Neonspook:

Source: https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/12/25/dahiru-mangal-katsinas-richest-man-pours-billions-into-nigerien-election/amp/
Bump

Alhaji Dahiru Mangal, one of Nigeria’s richest businessmen has thrown plenty of funds into Sunday’e election in Niger Republic, backing the establishment candidate Mohamed Bazoum for presidency.

Mangal, once known for cross-border businesses with Niger, some illegal, has raised the tone of relationship to getting involved with the country’s politics.

In a report by PRNIgeria, Mangal via proxy presented 100 vehicles to the Banzoum campaign in Maradi, the Nigerien border town, which President Buhari is linking with Kano by rail.

All the vehicles were branded “Mohammed Bazoum, 2021” with the portrait of the candidate.

Mangal, whose son Dikko married Governor Aminu Tambuwal’s daughter Aisha in 2017, is reportedly worth around $765 Million

He is a director of Oando, where he has investment in millions of dollars.

His candidate Bazoum is a protege of President Mahamadou Issoufou and the candidate for the ruling Nigerien Party for Democracy and Socialism (PNDS), PR Nigeria reported.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MC Oluomo Prostrates To Greet Elders At Oluwo's Mum’s 8th Day Fidau Prayers / Yari Meets Wike Behind Closed Door. / Appeal Court Ruling: Does It Mean Ekweremadu Will Preside Over Screening On Wed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.