Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In (2740 Views)

School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Are You Suffering From Acne, Rough And Dull Facial Skin? Hop In For A Quick Fix / 5 Generations Of Beautiful Nigerian Women (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2020
Yes I'll be doing Xmas Give away for those who cherish their skin and want to look their best for the new year.

So we gonna make this thread a sticky in the remaining days of this year.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 27, 2020
we all crave a beautiful skin no doubt but achieving one is not always that easy and when you eventually do, its a huge task to maintain. But with the right skincare knowledge, you can achieve an all year round beautiful and flawless skin.

This and many more tips we going to be sharing on this skincare giveaway thread.

feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 27, 2020
Let's start by looking at types of skin.

We have three major types of skin and they are

Oily
Dry
Combination skin.

We also have Normal skin type.

Oily skin is characterized by so much oil on the face.
Dull looking skin
Pimples and acne.
Large pores on the cheeks and nose.

Dry skin is characterized by wrinkles
Blotchiness
Ashy and always dry
Rashes and dry patches

Combination skin is made up of dry ckeeks and oily T-zone and forehead. Dark spots and a few pimples at the t- zone.

Normal skin: This is the baby kind of skin that can still be seen in some adults. No skin issues.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Alooone: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2020
Am here... Location : kano

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 27, 2020
Alooone:
Am here... Location : kano

You're welcome.

Male or female?
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Alooone: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2020
CalliDora1:

You're welcome.

Male or female?
Female

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Juliusmomoh: 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2020
Make i take one eye look this thread waka pass....

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 27, 2020
Alooone:

Female

Ok.
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:36pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:
Make i take one eye look this thread waka pass....

U you better stay and learn.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Juliusmomoh: 7:40pm On Dec 27, 2020
CalliDora1:

U you better stay and learn.
Lol i almost forget you are a teacher... . Keep it rolling

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 27, 2020
EXFOLIATION

Ever heard the word exfoliation? It's very key in skincare as it helps get rid of dead skin cells that tend to make the skin look dull and patchy.

See below for more.

Before using any product at all on your skin, you'll need to exfoliate your skin. This means getting rid of the top layer skin which is also known as dead skin to allow easy penetration of creams and soaps to work effectively on you. Otherwise you'll be wasting products.

2 Likes

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Lol i almost forget you are a teacher...
Keep it rolling

This not my teaching line. This is my Skincare line.
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Juliusmomoh: 7:50pm On Dec 27, 2020
CalliDora1:

This not my teaching line. This is my Skincare line.
Ok, Lemme sit down and learn... Keep it rolling

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 27, 2020
TYPES OF EXFORLIATION

There are two types of exfoliation.

The first one is known as mechanical exfoliation. This involves the use of ingredients like sugar, spa salt, baking soda or pumice stone to scrub your body to remove dead skin.

While the other type is known as chemical exfoliation where you apply chemical peels or peeling oil all over your body, leave for some mins and then wash off.
After some days the dead skin starts peeling revealing a new skin. It is this new skin that allow easy Penetration of product and gives great results.

3 Likes

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Juliusmomoh: 7:55pm On Dec 27, 2020
CalliDora1:
EXFOLIATION

Ever heard the word exfoliation? It's very key in skincare as it helps get rid of dead skin cells that tend to make the skin look dull and patchy.

See below for more.

Before using any product at all on your skin, you'll need to exfoliate your skin. This means getting rid of the top layer skin which is also known as dead skin to allow easy penetration of creams and soaps to work effectively on you. Otherwise you'll be wasting products.
Put more light on this..
Medicated soap and anti-septic soap .
Which one is the best to use?
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2020
Juliusmomoh:

Put more light on this..
Medicated soap and anti-septic soap .
Which one is the best to use?

Here we're not talking about soaps but. Exfoliant.

However, medicated soaps are not meant to be used as your every day soap. They are meant for treatment of certain skin condition after which they should be discontinued.

Antiseptic is better as it helps kill Germs and bacteria on the skin due to the antiseptic components used in their formulations.

2 Likes

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 8:11pm On Dec 27, 2020
Next on are skin Oils and how to use them according to your skin type or check them out in any product you're buying to be sure it contains the oils that suits your skin

One Major oil that is a big NO for oily skin is COCONUT oil. See below to understand and know why.

TYPES OF OILS

There are two categories of oils.
They are
Carrier Oils
Essential oils

CARRIER OILS
This oils are used for massaging the skin and also for formulating creams and lotions. This oils help to moisturise the skin and make it look younger and youthful for long.

They are:
Almond oil
Grape seed oil
Jojoba oil
Olive oil
Argan oil
Hempseed oil
Carrot oil
Papaya oil
Rosehip oil
Sandal wood oil
Avocado oil
Sunflower oil
Sesame oil

Now, some of this oils are light weight while some are heavy.

COMEDOGENIC

The word comedogenic is used for oils or product that clog/block pores (hole on skin) thereby making it difficult for the skin to breathe and in the process causing acne or breakout.
Some oils are comedogenic in nature meaning they are heavy and should not be used on oily skin and combination skins to avoid clogging it and causing pimples.

The comedogenic oils are:
Coconut oil
Avocado oil
Sesame oil
Carrot oil
Papaya oil
Almond
Carrot seed oil

The following oils are light weight and non-comedogenic. Very good for oily, normal and sensitive skin. eg
Sun flower oil
Jojoba Oil. ( Pronounced hohoba)
Olive oil
Grape seed oil
Hempseed oil
Papaya seed extract
Argan oil

While the heavy oils should be used on dry skin without issues because dry skin doesn't have enough oil so requires heavier oils in their products and formulations for to combat dryness.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Juliusmomoh: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2020
CalliDora1:

Here we're not talking about soaps but. Exfoliant.

However, medicated soaps are not meant to be used as your every day soap. They are meant for treatment of certain skin condition after which they should be discontinued.

Antiseptic is better as it helps kill Germs and bacteria on the skin due to the antiseptic components used in their formulations.
Sorry oo..
I don't use medicated soap when taking my shower. I be cattle rearer cheesy
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 28, 2020
How to care for oily skin.

For those with oily skin, you'll be familiar with pimples and acne issues. So here's how to care for your skin.

For your morning routine.

Get vit c. L- ascorbic acid powder

Our local black soap ( that comes wrapped in a brown paper bag)

And pure organic rose water ( not the ones that contains glycerin)

A moisturising face cream. please check the ingredient list on the cream to make sure it doesn't contain any of the COMEDOGENIC oils we discussed about in types of oils.

PREP AND USAGE.
Get a cup of water like 300ml. Add 1/4 teaspoon of L- ascorbic vit c powder and stir to dissolve. That's your rinse water.

Then Damp your face with this vit c solution and use the black soap to wash your face.
Rinse off with the same vit c water and use soap a second time to wash your face. Then rinse finally with the water.

Allow face to dry then use a cotton ball to apply the rose water on your face.

Apply the face moisturiser and if you'll be going out in the sun, use a sun protection factor spf to shield your skin from the sun.

Now, why I said you should not use rosewater with glycerin is because glycerin clogs the pores and will cause pimples breakout. So look for pure organic rose water.

What this routine will give you is an instant glowing skin and a flawless bright and youthful skin overtime.

Here's why your skin will achieve the above.

Vit c L - ascorbic acid is an antioxidant. And antioxidant helps fight free radicals on the skin caused by harsh weather and environment. Causing oxidation in the process and making us age faster.
So with vit C, the oxidants are gotten rid of and the cells of our skin are able to breathe and live healthily making our skin glow effortlessly.

L-ascorbic is best used in this form cause it's fresh and very active. If used in compounding products, it will not be so effective because vit c degrades easily when exposed to air and sunlight for a long period. So making and using a fresh batch is the best way to get the best out of it.
That is why most store bought vit c products that have stayed long on the shelf may not give you desired results as it has lost it's potency overtime. That is why I came up with this new way of using it.

Note. Please don't go overboard with L ascorbic acid because being an acid, high amount can cause skin irritation.

This bran of rose water is very pure. No additives like alcohol or glycerin.

How to know if it contains alchohol is if you shake it, it will form bubbles at the top. But if you shake it and it settles quickly just like water, then it pure.

Feel free to ask questions.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Adukey(f): 10:05am On Dec 28, 2020
Following

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by PrincessB1(f): 10:16am On Dec 28, 2020
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 28, 2020
PrincessB1:
Nice thread

Thanks dear.
This are the basics of Skincare we teach our students at our Skincare training academy. Just giving it away as my own little xmas bonus to my nairaland family.

Enjoy!

5 Likes

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by PrincessB1(f): 10:28am On Dec 28, 2020
CalliDora1:

Thanks dear.
This are the basics of skicare we teach our students at our skicare training academy. Just giving it away as my own little xmas bonus to my nairaland family.

Enjoy!
Thanks a bunch.
Following kiss

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by LiesSlayer007: 3:00pm On Dec 28, 2020
smiley am in, Lagos nigeria

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2020
LiesSlayer007:
smiley am in, Lagos nigeria

You're welcome.
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 28, 2020
Next off we are going to be looking at how to care for dry skin. But before we delve into that, let me quickly chip in here that combination skin shares the same skincare routine as oily skin.

Now, let go!!!

DRY SKIN.

Now people with dry skin tend to find it difficult getting the right products for their skin. Therefore making it look like it's pretty difficult to manage. But I tell ya, it's not. You only need the right knowledge of products and tips to give you the desired skin you long to have.

You'll need the following for your daily routine

Milk cleansing face and body wash ( not soaps) or pure glycerin soap.

Glycerin base Toner ( glycerin with rosewater combo)

Avocado or Shea butter mixed with olive or almond oil as face and body cream or moisturiser.

PREP AND USAGE

Wash your face with any good goat milk cleansing milk or glycerin based soap

Apply toner with cotton balls

Lastly, apply your mosturiser and don't forget your sunscreen.

Now, why as a dry skinned person you can't use soap is because soaps contain detergent and sufactants which are very drying and will further strip your already dry skin of the little moisture left. So we higly recommend milk and glycerin based wash because.:

One:.... Milk is very mild and moisturising to the skin due to the fat it contains which keeps the skin soft and moisturized.

Two. . Glycerin is a humectant which helps traps moisture from the atmosphere into the skin making it well Hydrated and loosening the dry wrinkled skin in the process to make it look plumpy and dewy.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by peteruuu(m): 6:29am On Dec 29, 2020
CalliDora1:
TYPES OF EXFORLIATION

There are two types of exfoliation.

The first one is known as mechanical exfoliation. This involves the use of ingredients like sugar, spa salt, baking soda or pumice stone to scrub your body to remove dead skin.

While the other type is known as chemical exfoliation where you apply chemical peels or peeling oil all over your body, leave for some mins and then wash off.
After some days the dead skin starts peeling revealing a new skin. It is this new skin that allow easy Penetration of product and gives great results.

Hi, do you sell exfoliation creams or soaps pls?, I want to buy. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 29, 2020
peteruuu:

Hi, do you sell exfoliation creams or soaps pls?, I want to buy. Thanks.

Yes I do.

What's your skin type?
Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by peteruuu(m): 6:59am On Dec 29, 2020
CalliDora1:

Yes I do.

What's your skin type?

Can I mail you pls?
So that we can chat more on WhatsApp..

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 29, 2020
peteruuu:

Can I mail you pls?
So that we can chat more on WhatsApp..

Let chat via mail. My WhatsApp is having some issues for now.

Thanks dear.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by peteruuu(m): 8:13am On Dec 29, 2020
CalliDora1:

Let chat via mail. My WhatsApp is having some issues for now.

Thanks dear.

Okay. I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Give Away!!! Xmas Skincare Give Away For Lovers Of Beautiful Skin. Hop Right In by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 29, 2020
peteruuu:

Okay. I've sent you a PM. Thanks.

Ok. Seen.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Wife Bad Mouth Me A Lot To Her Parents And Siblings, What Should I Do? / Your Husband Doesn't Wear His Ring / HELP; My Past Life Is Fast Coming After Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.