Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,806 members, 7,810,099 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? (926 Views)

Loss File Of Literature Section. / How To Write Or Becoming An Author Without The Knowledge Of Literature / What You Must Know As A Writer Or As A Student Of Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2011
are there groups in Nigeria that meet to discuss literature, philosophy and such other things? Perhaps some sort of Writers/Readers Club?
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by yinkalink(f): 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2011
Dunno.but we can always start ours. Wat kind of books do u read?
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by cisse7575(m): 9:44pm On Mar 29, 2011
then hw do start? does it going 2 be for unpublished authors alone or for everybody? how, when and where!!!
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by yinkalink(f): 10:02pm On Mar 29, 2011
I live in Lagos, where do u live?
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by ayosmiles(m): 7:28am On Mar 30, 2011
i have a group like that on fb called ideology's corner 4 lovers of creative writin nd philosophy.
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by afrosays(m): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
are there groups in Nigeria that meet to discuss literature, philosophy and such other things? Perhaps some sort of Writers/Readers Club?

There's the Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA) meetings every month.

Join the mailing list here and participate, there's lots of useful information and fun to be had http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/josana/

I'm a blogger and I recently joined too, you could check out my blog at my signature below.

Leegooo!
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by jchisom: 3:37pm On Mar 30, 2011
There are several. If you are in Abuja there is Abuja Literary society, Guild of Artistes and Poets (GAP).
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by MyneWhite1(f): 10:20pm On Apr 06, 2011
If you want a bigger group, and want your works to be critiqued by both published authors as well as aspiring, check naija stories. com
Re: Any Group Of Literature Enthusiasts Meeting? by wycleaftic: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2011
i know of "poetry festival" around cassino bus stop at the National Library in Yaba lagos. I have participated in a lot of poetry reading and events in national theatre iganmu. But right now am not living in lagos. I seldomly drop by on business trips. But i suggest we try an online association. call it "online literature club" if you choose. we can elect, moderate, meet to discuss how to go about it. lets think about this so as to help improve our voiceless literature.

(1) (Reply)

How To Marry The Right Wife- A Guide For Men. / Must Famous Quotation Of Mike Tyson / 18+ Broken Episode 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.