Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah (24915 Views)

Akeredolu: I Didn't Call Dor The Scrapping Of The Senate / I Never Called For A Coup —bishop Kukah / When El-rufai Rained Insults On Jesus, Christians Didn't Call For His Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by iwaeda: 11:18am On Dec 29, 2020
To those calling him to drop his priesthood cassock and join the political fray, the outspoken cleric said if he was to join politics, it would have been during the late Aminu Kano and not now.
As reactions and counter-reactions continue to trail his Christmas message, Bishop of Sokoto Catholic Diocese, Matthew Hassan Kukah, has denied calling for a coup.

Bishop Kukah, at a media conference with selected journalists held at St Bakhita Secretariat in Sokoto on Monday night, urged Nigerians to get the accurate statement rather than relying on different lies being peddled about in his name.

He emphasised that the message was based on his love for the country and had no political or ulterior motive.

“I am pained and very sad that my emergency critics never see that many innocent lives are being lost daily. The loss of lives in the last ten years, even before this administration's advent, calls for concern.

“The reactions are a reflection of every citizen that make up Nigeria. It is sad that when you drop something in Nigeria, everybody goes back to their enclave and abandon the larger picture. I am someone who never takes offence to what people say about me.

“What I said was my opinion based on evidence and what has happened in Nigeria, and if you looked into the records, there is evidence that justifies that statement, and if anyone thinks I am wrong, they should come out with a superior position.SEE ALSOArewa Youths Ask Security Operatives To Arrest Bishop Kukah Over Anti-Buhari Government Comment1 Comment38 Minutes Ago

“It is unfair for a journalist or news medium to report that I called for a coup while expressing my personal view about Nigeria,” he noted.

To those calling him to drop his priesthood cassock and join the political fray, the outspoken cleric said if he was to join politics, it would have been during the late Aminu Kano and not now.

“I have no plan and will never play partisan politics for any reason. Those who link my message to partisan politics are only playing to the gallery.

“Take, for instance, brilliant Nigerian youths making comments about Chelsea or Arsenal and have never been to England, does that make them players of such club sides?

“So, why will someone think because Bishop Kukah is speaking; therefore, he is a politician? People who make this argument are ignorant of elementary politics and ignorant of the role of a Priest.SEE ALSODon't Use Christmas Period To Cause National Disunity, Lai Mohammed Cautions Kukah Over Attack On Buhari19 Comments2 Days Ago

“The truth is that a lot of us have not seen a priest saying what I am saying. The fact of the matter is, we are all in politics, but party politics for me, no. I am not a member of any political party, and I cannot be. If it comes to voting, I do my right.

“Whatever I said can please or displease anyone, but that is my own opinion and doesn’t stop others from saying their own opinion. If you think my motive is wrong, say yours.

“I have no problem with Muslims, Christians, or any other religion, but what I don’t like is when someone is using a religious issue to play politics, it is wrong.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/12/29/i-didnt-call-coup-%E2%80%94bishop-kukah

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by chiefolododo(m): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2020
May God bless Bishop Kukah, it is a pity that Buhari hates any form of criticism, this isn't democracy. It is tyranny to try to silence the the truth

226 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 29, 2020
you owe nobody explanation Sir
the intelligent ones understand the message
left for the govt and their dogs to bark

184 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by jlinkd78(m): 12:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kukah should not bother himself explaining anything cos even d blind know all he said is d truth and nothing else

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by iwaeda: 12:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
Lalasticlala.
Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by ggood: 12:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
God bless you sir don't mind all this terrorist politicians in the North , moreover they all support Boko Haram , Last week I watched a video on YouTube how they supply Boko Haram guns and electronics , who transport the ammunition's without being caught.

Although all Muslims are not terrorist but all terrorist are Muslims

124 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Elizersalifu(f): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
God bless this Priest.

Kukah's opinion is personal just like the Sultan's or ACF opinions. Anyone who feels otherwise should dive into the nearest lagoon.

A failed country is where the lives of her citizens are considered as thrash by the ELECTED leaders and the Govt can no longer guarantee the security of lives and property.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by festacman(m): 12:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
By the way, FFK, Aisha Yesufu, Abubakar Gumi and host of others have said worst things but remained ignored. So why is Bishop Matthew Hassan Kukah's criticism different?

The fact is that Bishop Kukah's offence is daring to speak when he is merely of inconsequential ethnic group in Kaduna.

So, the backlash from Hausa/Fulani is not about protecting President Buhari but about putting Bishop Kukah in his place.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by nairavsdollars(f): 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Baba Kukah, just ignore them

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by BlackfireX: 12:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
You will be arrested soon ... How dare you undermine the President, our president , Darling oyoyo,

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Arrewa: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bishop Kukah resides in Sokoto with his entire Family, none of them have been forced or coerced into Islam, none of them have been attacked or mistreated in Sokoto, yet his hatred towards Muslims North makes him restless.

Even the Hausafulan Christians had rejected and disowned him!

Hausafulani Christians have wisen up...

They no longer fall for religious business men!

They now know their real enemies.

The only people celebrating the animal are the Igbos, PDP and some brainless bigots.

The only thing that matters to Arewas right now is development and peace!!

Days of religious intolerance among Arewa Christians and Muslims is gone.

When Arewa Christians or Muslims get killed in any village in the north.
Same people applauding kuka would come online to celebrate.

The Hausa and Fulani Christians can never unite with the enemies of the north just because of religion.

The north reject kuka!!

Northern Christians had already made it clear that kuka is on his own!!

Let him continue entertaining his ipob and PDP audience.

Hausa Christians and Fulani Christians are not Fools.

They stand by their region and their tribes not religion.

23 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by LibertyRep: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
I do not think the Rev. owes anyone any further explanation.

Even this statement will be misconstrued if they wish to.

No one tells a blind man rain is falling. We're in this together.

27 Likes

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2020
Elizersalifu:
God bless this Priest.

Kukah's opinion is personal just like the Sultan's or ACF opinions. Anyone who feels otherwise should dive into the nearest lagoon.

A failed country is where the lives of her citizens are considered as thrash by the ELECTED leaders and the Govt can no longer guarantee the security of lives and property.

The priest is a real man, I salute his courage and honesty.

As a matter of fact, what he said is not just a personal opinion. It is a public opinion, just that other members of the public are cowards and hypocrites.

Where is Tunde Bakare and his Save Nigeria Group? They wanted to save Nigeria when it was just near kerosene tank but now that it's on fire, they are nowhere to be found. Shame on Tunde Bakare and his goons.

Nigerians deserve the leaders they have today. Sai Buhari.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Runaway: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
U don't need to explain anything to that killer who call himself Nigeria leader. That foo*l.

10 Likes

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Afamed: 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2020
Coward of the century.
Aka wailer Nulli secundus

Oya get out , I don't offer brown envelope or free import duty

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Mystery9(m): 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
Federal Gov't is a disgrace for fighting the truth given by Bishop Kukah. Revolution is crying.

8 Likes

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Zontage: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
My Lordship Sir, keep saying the truth as it is and stop explaining anything to this God forsaken leaders of ours.

Meanwhile check my signature and join this big airdrop coming very soon. It will rain like uni swap again

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Paperworka: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
COUP IS LONG OVERDUE PLEASE, WE NEED IT NOWangry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by fredoooooo: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Mr Coupkah

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by BigDawsNet: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Why can't you gamble in Africa?

Because of the Cheetahs.
Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Fahdiga1: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Even if you call for a coup reasonable Nigerians are ready to support you. Nigerians loves you so much. Carry go father

5 Likes

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Realestatevixen: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hmm...This matter don dey get k-leg

Need children Educational tablets for your children this period? Watsapp 080. 6029. 1729
Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Eriggs: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
“Whatever I said can please or displease anyone, but that is my own opinion and doesn’t stop others from saying their own opinion. If you think my motive is wrong, say yours.
Ur opinion then

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Eriggs: 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Even if you call for a coup reasonable Nigerians are ready to support you. Nigerians loves you so much. Carry go father
Go carry out d coup now, sheybi u be ipob?
Ur head go hear am for kirikiri staff quarters.

8 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Houseofglam7(f): 1:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
undecided
Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by cluemax: 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Hacked Premium Netflix Available
4k HD Display
No Log In Required
Affordable Price.
Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by IgboWarlord(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
I concur.....
Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by Bonesking(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bishop Kukah has been consistent. I remember when he destroyed GEJ’s tenure with criticism. And one thing about him also, is that he provides solutions to what he think is bad.

16 Likes

Re: I Didn't Call For A Coup — Bishop Kukah by timay(m): 1:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Whatever.
Somebody should ask for my act number , I'm broke abeg grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: Fani-kayode, Gbenga Daniel, Orubebe, Other Double-faced Campaigners / Photos From PDP Presidential Campaign Rally in Kebbi, As Jonathan Visits Emir / Student Treks From Kano To Abuja To Protest Alleged Electoral Malpractice In Tar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.