Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:28 AM

Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? (32157 Views)

Reno Omokri: If Peter Obi Wins, I'm Afraid Of What Obidients Will Do / Reno Omokri: If You Want To See World War 3, Let All Firstborns Do DNA Test / Reno Omokri: "If Money Couldn’t Save APC In Osun, It Won’t Save Them In 2019!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by KikBuhari2Daura: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Can’t Lie Against?

Many of my readers would by now have watched Tunde Bakare’s viral video where he came out swinging in defence of Bola Tinubu, and made a number of claims, among which were that some ‘rancorous elements, bitter and resentful noise makers’ Yorubas, ‘who have not achieved as much as Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has achieved’ had sent someone to him, and they included his name in a list of participants in a conference without asking him, and that the conference was being backed by two sworn enemies.

His exact words were “when Pilate and Herod agreed, it is because they wanted to kill Jesus. Who do you want to kill? I reason straight from Scripture.”

If he had stopped at ‘who do you want to kill’, then I would have held my peace. But by saying ‘I reason straight from Scripture’, he libelled Scripture, and I for one will not let that pass, lest younger believers are misled by this untruth.

He claims that if two enemies come together, then it means they want to kill Christ. He gives Scriptural backing to it, saying Pilate and Herod were enemies, that only came together because they wanted to kill Christ.

That alone is evidence of Bakare’s shallow grasp of Scripture. Like many Nigerian big men of God, Bakare is blessed with oratorical skills and a firm grasp of the art of persuasion, with which he uses to beguile our people, who hardly read Scripture to verify what they are told, but just eat up slop dished out to them from the pulpit.

His use of clever, sleek, highfalutin, but inaccurate arguments, has the capacity of deceiving the body of Christ, even if that may or may not be his intention.

Pilate never wanted to kill Christ. As a matter of fact John 19:12 says:

“From then on, Pilate tried to set Yeshua (Jesus) free, but the Jewish leaders kept shouting, "If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar."

Pilate actually wanted to free Christ and indicated his desire, but was firmly resisted by the Jews. We see that in Matthew 27:23:

“Why? What crime has he committed?" asked Pilate. But they shouted all the louder, "Crucify him!".

In fact, both Herod and Pilate did not want to kill Christ. We see that in Luke 23:14-15

“You brought me this man as one who was inciting the people to rebellion. I have examined him in your presence and have found no basis for your charges against him. NEITHER HAS HEROD, for he sent him back to us; as you can see, he has done nothing to deserve death.”

When Pilate was pushed to the wall by their threat to report him to the Emperor l, and could not prevail against the Jews, Scripture records the following:

“When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"-Matthew 27:24.

I think Pastor Tunde Bakare is probably confusing Herod Archelaus with his father, Herod the Great, who wanted to kill Christ, but died in 4 BC, when Christ was 4, at which point, Joseph and Mary brought Him back from Egypt, from where they had taken him after they were warned by an angel.

That Herod (who murdered all the children of Bethlehem, from two years under) did not live to meet Pontius Pilate. He had no agreement with Pilate.

Tunde Bakare has such a limited grasp of Scripture. And his congregation would not know it, because by and large, many Nigerian Christians are very unlike the Berean Christians of which Scripture said:

“Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.”-Acts 17:11.

As far as many African Christians are concerned, if it comes out of the mouth of our pastor, it is true. Mesmerise them with big grammar, and they fall in love with you and out of love with Scripture and its author!

What we saw with Tunde Bakare was an attempt to bend Scripture to suit his bias, rather than to bend his bias to suit Scripture.

And let us for the sake of argument agree that Herod and Pilate wanted to kill Christ (they did not), Is Bola Tinubu Christ?

Scripture asks us to make peace with our enemies (Follow peace with all men-Hebrews 12:14). That is what these two former enemies are doing (I know their identities, but I promised not to reveal it).

Bakare is not a stable fellow. This is a man of God, who preached in October of 2019 as follows:

“That’s why potholes are killing you, that’s what pools of water...you can’t drive now anymore because what is meant for road has been stolen since democracy began, they are living larger than life having jets here, having jets there, HAVING HOUSE IN BOURDILLON, having house in this place, having house in that place, having house in every place at the expense of the public. You will not go without vomiting what you have stolen. Wait, and see. Because a king will reign in righteousness and princes will rule with justice. Unfortunately, Nigeria people, you celebrate your villains and crucify your heroes.”

And now, barely a year later, he has now become Voltron, The Defender of those who have “HOUSE IN BOURDILLON”? What a shifty character!

Tunde Bakare is one of those who feed the false stereotype that the Yoruba are unreliable backstabbers. That stereotype is not true because some of the most reliable Nigerians have been Yoruba, including President Obasanjo himself (a man who, unlike what Bakare said, has achieved more in life than Bola Tinubu can ever dream of achieving), who returned from Copenhagen to clear his name of coup plotting charges levelled against him by Abacha, Tunde Idiagbon, who returned from Mecca after he and Buhari were overthrown by Babangida, and Adekunle Fajuyi, who chose death, rather than abandon and betray Aguiyi-Ironsi.

But enemies of the Yoruba will point to characters like Tunde Bakare, who are unreliable, shifty, double-tongued, and cannot be counted on to say the same thing today and tomorrow, as specimens for that false stereotype of the Yoruba.

Take a stand and stick to it. Scripture says “Likewise must the deacons be grave, not DOUBLETONGUED, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre.”-1 Timothy 3:8.

Note that word “double tongued”. That fits Tunde Bakare to a T. The man cannot take a stand and stick to it. That is why he has become a figure of fun amongst Buhari’s inner circle, who mockingly call him ‘Number 16’ behind his back (a reference to his laughable claim that God told him he would succeed General Buhari). I am aware. I have my informants.

I ceased taking Pastor Tunde Bakare seriously ever since he lied against the Holy Ghost by prophesying (wrongly) that “Let me tell you the truth by the spirit of God, neither OBJ, Atiku, IBB and this tall one, Buhari are part of the new. They are part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new is emerging and these ones are not part of that new.”

For those who do not know, Pastor Tunde Bakare made the above statement in an October 2, 2006 interview he granted to the Punch Newspapers. Please research it.

It is now a historical record that after claiming that God’s Holy Spirit told him Muhammadu Buhari was part of Nigeria’s decaying past, the same Pastor Tunde Bakare went ahead to accept to be the running mate of the Muhammadu Buhari who was ‘not part of the new’ in 2011.

Perhaps only in Nigeria would such a character continue to parade himself as a pastor. It is as Karl Marx said, “religion is the opium of the people” and Bakare sure knows how to feed that addiction.

The Bible clearly tells us two things about the Holy Spirit.

In Matthew 12:32, Christ, the Son of God said “Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.”

Bakare clearly lied against the Holy Spirit of God because his so called word “by the Spirit of God”, DID NOT come to pass.

1 Corinthians 14:33 further tells us that “God is not the author of confusion.”

If a man can lie against God, is it man that he cannot lie against? I wonder why Nigerians continue to take people like Bakare and Mbaka seriously!

Did Bakare not say “I have never said that to you before. I make it plain this morning, I let you know it this morning, nothing can change it in the name of Jesus. He (Buhari) is number 15, I am number 16”?

If God actually told him that, why is he campaigning for Bola Tinubu today?

And you can imagine him accusing eminent Yoruba elite of making “rancorous noise”? What nonsense!

It is just his luck that Nigerians have short memories. Is this not the same Bakare that prophesied on March 7, 1999 that Obasanjo was going to die before he was sworn in as Nigeria’s President?

His exact words were “Obasanjo is not your messiah. He is King Agag and the prophetic axe will fall upon his head before May 29.”

When he was questioned about the failure of his ‘prophecy’, Bakare said “If I gave a false prophecy, why did Obasanjo invite a thousand pastors to Ota to start praying for intervention?”

I know for a fact that President Obasanjo did NOT invite a thousand pastors to Ota. Again, Bakare lied.

Twenty one years later, Obasanjo is still alive and is still making news, while Tunde Bakare is still making noise!

We remember all the nasty things he said about Bishop David Oyedepo, when he publicly tore Bishop Oyedepo’s book. Who does this fellow thinks he is? Today, in terms of integrity, credibility, and morality, Bishop Oyedepo, whose book he tore, stands head and shoulder above him.
Oyedepo will certainly not be caught dead eulogising a man whose house was photographed receiving bullion vans on the eve of an election! Never!

Tunde Bakare is a guesser, not a prophet. And like any guesser, some of the rubbish he speaks will come to pass, because a broken clock will automatically be right twice a day. But those who still believe in him and believe him, should read Deuteronomy18:22:

“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously, so do not be alarmed.”

Reno Omokri

Gospeller. Deep Thinker. #1 Bestselling author of Facts Versus Fiction: The True Story of the Jonathan Years. Avid traveller. Hollywood Magazine Film Festival Humanitarian of the Year, 2019.

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/111647580740689/posts/155107143061399/?d=n

68 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by DuBLINGreenb(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
FINISH HIM!!!
FATALITY

RENO OMOKRI WINS

298 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Freestainworld(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bakare the guessing pastor, that one shock me oo

144 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
ALL PASTORS ARE LAIRS

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

Politics is one game that's it's very hard to stay clean no matter how you want to be clean some one some where would implicate you.

Now for a pastor to be doing politics then it's will be hard to be clean.

From the above context pastor bakare misusing the authority given to him as a pastor to cover politics!

Prophecy didn't come to pass, that means he he prophecied by his spirit not God. What a shame!

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
ALL PASTORS ARE LAIRS

May God have mercy on you for categorizing the true and fake ones together.

You lack manners, I bet you don't know the implication of what you have said!

124 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Fahdiga1: 1:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
No sensible person takes Bakare serious anyway. he can continue licking Tinubu ass and Tinubu won't still be president

92 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by mbahdi(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
Both tunde bakare abi na bakery,buhari.and omokri.make una all go to hell.
The very day you fail in life,that's when you will get to know dat even family members ain't worth dieing fo.cos there will never care if u exist.and there will be d ones adding more to your frustrations with bashing like is dat not ur mate dat is doing this n dat.so live to please no one.just live for urself n for urself alone.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by lathrowinger: 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
I think people should be selling frontpage to make nairaland more interesting... Space for sell?

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by tygar(m): 1:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
ever since he delved into politics, I stopped taking him serious

22 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Uyi168: 1:36pm On Dec 29, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
But enemies of the Yoruba will point to characters like Tunde Bakare, who are unreliable, shifty, double-tongued, and cannot be counted on to say the same thing today and tomorrow, as specimens for that false stereotype of the Yoruba.

This fraudster and impersonator is totally mad patapata.
We hope he is still using his 5 different monikers he has on Nairaland.

A thief that works for and still supporting criminals that took our country 60 years back through their reckless stealing and looting.

Mumu Reno, Awon the blogger blogger!

( Let us see who his fellow brainwashed swines are,
they will quote this post to support him and say trash,
Start Quoting now and let sane Nigerians know you now! cool cool )

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by etrouble: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Several people will commit suicide in 2023 when Tinubu humiliates them once again. He has disgraced them in the past, he is oppressing them in the present, he will humiliate them in the future.

13 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Nbotee(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
All dis ones na their problems... All I know is dat I'll never take any so called man of God who dabbles into politics in the name of God serious.. Especially Nigerian politics

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Uyi168: 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
FINISH HIM!!!
FATALITY

RENO OMOKRI WINS
Flawless victory. grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by timay(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wahala grin
Abeg somebody should pls ask for my account details, I need food for house
Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Houseofglam7(f): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
undecided
Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by timay(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wahala grin
Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
gaius01:

May God have mercy on you for categorizing the true and fake ones together.

You lack manners, I bet you don't know the implication of what you have said!
I REPEAT. .ALL PASTORS ARE LAIRS. . the closest thing to christianity is catholic. . Not these diabolical . .god called me.. Lol

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by ProGraphics55: 1:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Okay
Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by ATEAMS: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
If real is what you can feel, smell, taste and see, then ‘real’ is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

1 Like

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by cluemax: 1:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
*Hacked Premium Netflix* *Available For Sale*
*No Log In Needed*
Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by AfroKnight: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Actually, Reno is not correct. Pilate was already in trouble (Politically) with Rome and all he wanted was to quell any uprising. He preferred to give in to the mob just for peace to reign. He didn’t give a hoot who Jesus was.

Edit

MadamExcellency:

Reno quoted scriptures and allowed his readers to read along before disputing his assertions.

Quote the bible when next you're refuting a scriptural lessons

osaweseforme:
Pilate never found fault in Christ and he was truly ready to free Him but for the Jews he couldn't, that was why a tumult was made. Go and read your Bible carefully and ask Holy Spirit to give you understanding, God bless you.

Omik1:
Scripture backing pls!

I know many Christians are narrow-minded except when they read archeological findings that “prove” the biblical account of things, then they suddenly align with science/history. This one doesn’t prove the sentiment of the present biblical narrative, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys refused to read it. grin

Pontius Pilate was already having difficulty with his tenure in Judea. Remember he is not Jewish figure. He was a Roman Governor. And there are secular documents and correspondences between officials that mention his name and his troubles with the locals.

Caiaphas was his guy and he was always going to take sides with the high priest regardless of the innocence of Jesus or not. He was already known for executing alleged criminals without trial

Accounts of Josephus and Philo (historians) on Pontius Pilate as a politician:
https://res.mdpi.com/d_attachment/religions/religions-11-00065/article_deploy/religions-11-00065-v5.pdf

5 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by NewLogicalMind: 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
angry
Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by skedman(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
I don't think this man has a serious job at hand .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Kobicove(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
skedman:
I don't think this man has a serious job at hand .

Obviously.

He's just living off his loot grin

7 Likes

Re: Reno Omokri: If Tunde Bakare Can Lie Against God, Is It Man He Cant Lie Against? by Lanre4uonly(m): 1:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
It is well.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ministerial Nominee, Anthony Anwukah, Was Convicted By High Court For Corruption / Sheriff Takes Over PDP Secretariat In Abuja (Photos) / Three Persons Feared Killed In Ahoada, Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.