Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,103 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me (5190 Views)

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully / Why NUC Should Monitor/Take Charge Of Cut Off Marks Of Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Jeanjohnny(m): 1:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Parenting is not an easy job, with responsibilities that seem to change every day. The daily tasks and roles you perform as a parent are bound to change as your child gets older.
In light of the recent news related to the Deeper Life High School student that was allegedly sexually molested. As a Parent, Monitoring who is in your child’s life or what your child does is especially critical to protecting them from harm or abuse. Monitoring in the sense that you establish firm guidelines and limits for your child to keep track of what is going on in his or her social world.

What a student revealed to me
As a parent, nothing beats your ward/child being a day student as compared to a being a boarding student. I had this conversation with a former student of mine that graduated recently from secondary school. She happened to attend a well-renowned school in Lagos as a boarder. She revealed to me the real reason why her parents had to withdraw her from the school after spending two terms.
She said most of the girls in her hostel practiced lesbianism and the pressure was having toil on her academic performance in one way or the other.
It became so bad that some of the girls do touch sensitive parts of her body without her consent (either when she's taking her bath or when she's asleep). If it hadn't taken the grace of God... She might have given in to the act.
It's just a pity the society we live in will continue to have negative impacts on teenagers and youths.
Apart from your child being at risk of being homosexual, other negative effects of boarding school on a child includes bullying, emotional trauma due to loneliness, malnutrition, captivity and the likes.

Conclusion
I believe as a parent, it's best to start monitoring your child early on, in ways that are age appropriate. This will help your child accept your involvement as a part of life. The earlier you begin monitoring, the easier it will be to continue this open communication as your child gets older.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
FP worthy

2 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Fahdiga1: 2:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
Parents can only do their best but a child wey wan spoil go still spoil

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by mountmoriah(m): 2:12pm On Dec 29, 2020
andrewmeddy8:
FP worthy

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Jeanjohnny(m): 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Yeah, I know Parents can only do their best... But most parents nowadays practices Authoritarian, Permissive and Neglectful style of parenting. That's one thing with modern day parenting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Kayberg: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2020
Fahdiga1:

Enrolling a child to a boarding school, to me, it's a no no.
Because some children suffer abuse in day schools, finds it difficult to tell their parents due to pressure or threat from the abusers, not to talk of boarding schools where there is no one to defend them.

So, I won't support the idea of enrolling a child to a boarding school.

Parents should be approachable to their children.
A parent whose child cannot talk to out of fear is not on the right track of parenting.

9 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by HELLASJ(m): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
Well that's how it has been, the level of immorality in today's ward high. Parents should be very vigilant when dealing with their ward

3 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Jeanjohnny(m): 3:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
Kayberg:

Enrolling a child to a boarding school, to me, it's a no no.
Because some children suffer abuse in day schools, finds it difficult to tell their parents due to pressure or threat from the abusers, not to talk of boarding schools where there is no one to defend them.

So, I won't support the idea of enrolling a child to a boarding school.

Parents should be approachable to their children.
A parent whose child cannot talk to out of fear is not on the right track of parenting.
Exactly... A well to do Man who's also my close friend said never in his life will he enrol his child as a boarding student. I guess he knows his reasons.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Kayberg: 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
Jeanjohnny:

Exactly... A well to do Man who's also my close friend said never in his life will he enrol his child as a boarding student. I guess he knows his reasons.

Affirmative.
He sure does know what he is saying and doing.
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Rrex99(m): 3:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
Children of these days are more wiser than their parent
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Dis One No Be New Thing Na.
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by primestreams: 3:58pm On Dec 29, 2020
I went to a boarding school..

You have to be tough

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by longetivity(m): 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
primestreams:

You have to be tough
who asked u

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Karlifate: 4:02pm On Dec 29, 2020
primestreams:

You have to be tough

That was when Naira Marley has not become the role model of many teenagers.

4 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Sabadon(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
Op i love the pictoral illustration, reminds me of excerpts from family medicine wink

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by TANID(m): 5:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
Fahdiga1:
exactly
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by paddyDIGITAL(m): 5:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
Truly
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by padi94(m): 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
Okay
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by daania50080: 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2020
Children of these days are more wiser than their parent
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Mayour11(m): 7:22pm On Dec 29, 2020
Parents who need their children should note that they can't afford to train all children the same way. They are different and the individual differences must be fully considered when developing a training course for each child.
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Useless2020: 7:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
Fahdiga1:
why fadigha1?
Was your original moniker banned?
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by ednut1(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2020
Pikin wey wan spoil go spoil
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Nobody: 7:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
Very Educative and informative

If only parents will adapt the parenting of a child with love and understanding.

Without these unnecessary display of authority over their children which instills fear in them.

A Lot Will Change.
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by SpicyMimi(f): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
Sabadon:
Op i love the pictoral illustration, reminds me of excerpts from family medicine wink
I love it too, I had to save it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Diffpussies(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
Check my signature ,,, I got a big one for u at affordable price
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by grim33(m): 9:03pm On Dec 29, 2020
Just became an antinatalist and boom problem solved
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by BennyDGreat: 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
Parenting has become tougher now oh...na wa
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Liposure: 9:11pm On Dec 29, 2020
Children of nowadays have become too exposed to western culture. Gone are the days of communal discipline
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by Fahdiga1: 9:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Useless2020:
why fadigha1?
Was your original moniker banned?
Na so my dear. a bribe taking mod banned me for speaking the truth
Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by jumper524(m): 10:46pm On Dec 29, 2020
when you teach a child how to be responsible and how to handle situations, the better for them..
my younger bro started to drink just after his secondary school, I was able to find out cos of my close relationship with him.
I told him it's normal to do so oo, and I'm sure you did it out of peer pressure Cos no sensible grown up guy would wake up and start liking the taste of bitter beer.
I made him understand the consequences and why he's bound to face more temptation at that stage of his life and why he needs to be prayerfull and self disciplined to avoid such act.

you see, I've learnt in life that understanding people and what they go through in certain stage gives you a clearer picture of how to handle them.

if I'm blessed with a child, from his childhood I'll be teaching him the concept of life and why he needs to learn to take right decision even when no guardian.

my child would still go to boarding school whatever way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Monitor Their Child/Ward: See What My Student Told Me by jumper524(m): 11:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
Liposure:
Children of nowadays have become too exposed to western culture. Gone are the days of communal discipline
communal discipline has long gone the gutter.
The only place where you find it now is mostly military barrack.
Despite how stubborn barrack children are, they are very respectful.
If you enter barrack today ehhn.
The number of good morning sir when you go receive, u sef go Taya.
Unlike ghetto, Nairamali don turn them all to cultists.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Male Student Brutally Beats Chubby Girl Who Tried To Bully Him In Class (VIDEO) / Thesis Topics In Power System Engineering / Why Are Yoruba Youth Doing This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.