Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,975 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. (34002 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: Why Parents Of Fleeing Dowen College Students Can Be Liable- / When Parents Storm School To Beat Their Child's Bully / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by abayormie00(m): 11:15pm On Apr 01, 2022
The main reason most students don't like school or anything that has to do with academics, is because, students seem not to have a pleasant experience of it from childhood, as a result of the behaviour of despite parents, who always try to force things into their child's head, even at pre developmental stage, when their brains hasn't yet developed to accommodate such school work.

However, it is crucial for parents to educate themselves on a proper age that is required and appropriate to enroll a child to school.

Finally, some parents should take it easy on children that seem not to respond to school work, because, the fact that a child doesn't seem to understand at infancy, won't make the child worse-off at latter stage of development, because, learning is a long life thing, and every learner should be given the opportunity to learn at their own pace.

By Abayomi.

170 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by mariovito(m): 11:58pm On Apr 01, 2022
I agree.

I think those early formative years of kids should be spent under their parents who will be best to instill some life values in them.

117 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by shaggy007(m): 6:35am On Apr 02, 2022
I agree with you.

A little bit of homeschooling, to increase the bond with the family before going out to school.

Another reason is that the immune system of these kids are not yet strong to fend off diseases.

So they need to be contained for a while before released into the world.

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by shaggy007(m): 6:35am On Apr 02, 2022
Seun, lalasticlala, mynd44, kindly do the needful

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Mykelslim: 7:25am On Apr 02, 2022
I will teach them most of the things they need to know at home.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by letristian: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
True
But there are exceptions

6 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by DatNaijaGuy: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
Fgf
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by DJGiore: 12:07pm On Apr 02, 2022
thats your opinion, once the child brain is sharp rush, if the brain is dull some how take it easy...life no get formula...my own now if for ppl staying in abuja to visit my better mix blog for weekend gbedu visit naija dj mix .com

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Chapii: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Person we go like book go like book. No be by early

17 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by IamNat: 12:08pm On Apr 02, 2022
Enrolling a child in school early isn't the reason why students don't like education in this country, let's blame that on the situation of the country in general, in a country where majority of our graduates end up as an apprentice at a shop just because there's no job after school, how do you expect students to like school? They could see their elderly once who are through with school for several years yet without a job.

And we can't blame parents who enroll their children in school early, in a country where companies need a 24 year old employee with 5years of experience, what then can we say?

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Fahdiga(m): 12:09pm On Apr 02, 2022
abayormie00:
The main reason most students don't like school or anything that has to do with academics, is because, students seem not to have a pleasant experience of it from childhood, as a result of the behaviour of despite parents, who always try to force things into their child's head, even at pre developmental stage, when their brains hasn't yet developed to accommodate such school work.

However, it is crucial for parents to educate themselves on a proper age that is required and appropriate to enroll a child to school.

Finally, some parents should take it easy on children that seem not to respond to school work, because, the fact that a child doesn't seem to understand at infancy, won't make the child worse-off at latter stage of development, because, learning is a long life thing, and every learner should be given the opportunity to learn at their own pace.

By Abayomi.
At the end you didn't indicate a suitable year that is good for a child to start school

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by koyyess: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
I think the wrong thing to do is to force them to go for courses they don't want to study which occurs when the child is older and in secondary school.

Other than that, if I eventually have kids, all must start early. At 15-16 years, they must already be in college/university...Yes!

If you are stuck in the sh1t hole, I advise you to do same cause HR bastards are not smiling with their age discrimination.

Yes, if you are a Nigerian human resource officer reading this, you are indeed a bastard!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by fitinwell: 12:11pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ok
Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Biglittlelois(f): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
You need to specify the age bracket so we will understand you properly, at what age should they be enrolled in school?

14 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by GboyegaD(m): 12:12pm On Apr 02, 2022
I am amused at how parents enroll 1 year old kids in school. They now avoid daycare and day homes where the kids could interact with other kids and learn some social skills that is a requisite for life.

20 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Bobloco: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
sad

5 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by ejimatic: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
abayormie00:

By Abayomi.
. Good idea! Rushed childhood should be discouraged.

5 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by TOPCRUISE(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
Op should have mentioned the age he started going to school

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by safarigirl(f): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
Just one question

Who will stay with the kids while they are not in school?

Which parent will leave their job and have to stay at home with these kids?

OP, do you have a child?

You think parents rush their kids because they really want to?

Let me educate you on the realities of Nigerian parents, because I noticed you have a lot of opinions that are more idealistic than realistic

BOTH parents have to go to work

Labour Laws do not favour even a decent maternity leave. Do you know that women have to return to work 3 months after birth? They cannot even find someone to stay with babies, how much more older children?

If people could keep their kids with them longer, they would, but this your post reeks of ignorance and insensitivity.

You cannot train anyone's child for them. When you start having your own kids, try out this your method and see how successful it is.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by thatigboman1: 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
Fahdiga:
At the end you didn't indicate a suitable year that is good for a child to start school
6-3-3-4 is already there naa.
A child should start primary 1 when they were 6 at their last birthday. And this issue of children jumping classes and skipping primary 6 should be discouraged.
That's how my nephew that started primary 1 at 5 yrs jumped primary 3 (the proprietor of the school did that), meanwhile the school didn't even have primary 6. that's how the kid entered secondary school at 9 or 10. And I keep asking my people "why the rush?"

8 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Sylvaxxl1(m): 12:14pm On Apr 02, 2022
I agree with this alot cos there are things which parents need to impact into to wards before they face the outside world. These days, lots of parents are lazy and rather push the child to school early do they can have peace of mind during the school hours

9 Likes

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by iCauseTrouble: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
Wetin concern you?

1 Like

Re: Why Parents Should Stop Enrolling Their Child To School Too Early. by Adebaba1(m): 12:16pm On Apr 02, 2022
You are right OP but enrollment of children at early stages is like that in every country of the world

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Download Over 836 NOUN Exam Past Questions - All For Free / The Federal Polytechnic Ado Ekiti 2012-2013 Admission Session, Lets Get It Going / OAU First Class Graduate Given N1m, New Job At Alibaba’s New Year Concert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.