Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,985 members, 7,841,764 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. (64917 Views)

10 Groups Of People Enjoying The Tinubu Administration Right Now / At Last, Lagos-Ibadan Railway Comes Alive - Photos / Amendment Of Lagos Railway (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by guru90: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
This is not the real 9ja problem
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by gift2xl: 3:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
Happy you.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Bulleye(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wole Soyinka's next book tittle will be 'my experience on the Lagos - Ibadan train journey'.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
Wole has been rewarded with a free train ride from lagos to abeokuta for endorsing change. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by wolement: 3:55pm On Dec 29, 2020
Celebrating this is like celebrating a 50year old man that just finished primary 1. Not because he is not capable but because he is just st**id . Such achievements won't last.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
BIGPREEQ:
I'm happy the south west is reaping the fruit of their labour but Omorr make I no lie na South East need that train pass
They are "Travellers" both business and leisure wise

Be fooling yourself. Business and leisure wise indeed. Going around Nigeria selling fake and inferior goods is "business travel" ba?

Moving all over the SW to be the nightmare of landlords is "leisure" abi.

You lot are a nuisance and Nigerian leaders know it. I was reading a business magazine yesterday where Dangote, Tinubu and many African leaders contributed content about Nigeria and Africa's economic direction post covid-19 downtown.

Dangote in particular focused on moving Africa away from being the dumping ground of fake and inferior goods. I immediately thought of you IPOBian "business traveller's" lol and I am sure Dangote had you guys in mind too.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by adeoba2008(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
Baba Oyoyo.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by uuzba(m): 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2020
Greshlady:
Nice one
Only in Nigeria that a public means of transportation is seen as jangolova for play-play.

Train that is means to take people to and from place of business, is a big thing now?
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by freshvine(f): 4:00pm On Dec 29, 2020
Whole Soyinka, a coward that died before his death. You said you're a professor and called a married woman, the wife of your president then, sheppopotamus . Buhari has done worse and you hid yourself away like a coward.

Make pim and Buhari will scrape your grey hair in Kuje prison.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by seguno2: 4:01pm On Dec 29, 2020
scribble:
Amaechi go don give prof small yam again

Prior yam: https://www.nairaland.com/2846159/amaechi-prof-soyinka-n82million-dinner

Bad boy is you grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Seyzcham91(m): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
even from the picture we see online it shows its okay, Them Try na just the Price no make sense
LegendHero:
Respect Prof.

The train make sense from what I’ve heard from people that rode in it.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Henri8: 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2020
Remove the mask let's be very sure it's him.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
freshvine:
Whole Soyinka, a coward that died before his death. You said you're a professor and called a married woman, the wife of your president then, sheppopotamus . Buhari has done worse and you hid yourself away like a coward.

Make pim and Buhari will scrape your grey hair in Kuje prison.

Lol. When will you IPOBian stop smarting over the loss of your messiah Jonathan? Even his Ijaw kinsmen have moved on yet you guys are still hating on and insulting everyone who criticized Jonathan and his crude wife back then. Abeg get a life. There is more to Nigeria than clannish worship of others.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by BreconHills(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2020
OsuAmaka:
1. Soyinka and every other Nigerians are paying for the loan, therefore, PMB is not doing us a favour.

2. In 1984, Buhari, as Head of State, cancelled the Metro rail line initiated by PA Jakande. Therefore, I will not celebrate the recklessness of 84 which he has come back to rectify even at a much higher human and capital costs. SW would have been better linked and developed via several rail networks.

3. Buhari is only paying back the debt he owed Lagos.

-Osu amaka

With night buses, an estimation of 7,000 ibos are ferried to Lagos, and 10,000 to other parts of SW on a daily.
With train, half the population of SE would most likely overcrowd the entire SW region.

I therefore suggest that the State's houses of Assembly propose an immigration law with a strong provision to possess and rename two of any SE states as an Annex to SW as a relief for both economic and infrastructure overburden on the SW region.

-Osu amaka

He isn't doing Nigeria a favour because it is his job. However recognition of a job well done is not unnecessary. The two things are not mutually exclusive!

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Henri8: 4:10pm On Dec 29, 2020
NGpatriot:

Every region in Nigeria must be connected by rail including the SE, but no region in Nigeria need that train pass Lagos/Ibadan because tha expressway which is the most important, most used and the most critical road in Nigeria, the railway lessens the pressure on the expressway, reduce accidents, easy movement of goods and services into and out of Lagos.

This to me is the best investment in the history of Nigeria and the fact that we built this 156km railway in less than 4 years is another great achievement.
How is Lagos/Ibadan expressway the most important in Nigeria?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Henri8: 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2020
Ginusa79:

Probably that’s because the SE’ners are economic refugees in the SW. Some of them have travelled SW to the SE more than they have travelled within their communities in the SE.

Moreso, maybe the government knew trains cannot be built in the erosion prone region because the vibration alone could cause a disaster and turn the whole city to another Syria. grin grin

By the way, I thought Goodluck Azikwe gave you guys the second Niger bridge so what do you need trains for?

Finally, Lagos-Ibadan is actually the destination that needs that rail service more than any where in Nigeria because it has the highest volume of to and fro in Nigeria.
Try dey travel to other parts of the country.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Laideabdulahi: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
etrouble:

They should get their own trains and railway from Goolluck Jonathan. He has paid for everything

Walai you sound so daft.
That someone requested the development be extended to other regions is a crime now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by naturefellow(m): 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
Patrioticman007:
Good that our social critics are enjoying & making good use of PMB's infrastructure development.
Ovie's singular job is to vehemently promote President Buhari's government on twitter. I wonder if he positively influenced GEJ's administration same manner.
At least, he's better than those sycophantic, propagandist and toxic BMC e-rats as thatbosstrevor1 arrewa helinues (same as SilverNorGold ILoveDemMANNA) on here.
However, I still take every of his posts with a pinch of salt.

I honour news as this better from neutral sources than pro-government sources which give themselves away by attacking or aligning with critics to garner cheap political points or favours.

P.S: I'm neither a hater nor enemy of progress and development.
Nigeria and Nigerians teach you to use your brain better. Not all you see, hear or read is fact!
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2020
LegendHero:
Respect Prof.

The train make sense from what I’ve heard from people that rode in it.

Bros forget the haters. The train experience itself is praised by end users. They need to improve on online interactive services and provision of information.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/good-ugly-experiences-on-new-lagos-ibadan-train-service-reporters-diary/%3famp=1

No doubt, the experience, even the economy class, was amazing. The cabin seats, probably made of high-quality plastic, had green coverings.

The economy class cabin had two columns of seats – in threes and twos – with adjustable blue curtains covering all the windows. The interior, clean and polished – with white, blue and cream colours – was well lit.

The cabin was air-conditioned, and many passengers, including one seated beside me, started complaining of cold later. The crew had no choice but to adjust the temperature.

Taofeek Asale said he was impressed with the service, but also hoped it was sustained.

He said, “I’m not going to complain about the high fare because I’m paying for the security and comfort. My plea is that the government should maintain this facility for years to come. You know, sometimes in Nigeria when we start a good thing, we don’t maintain it. But I hope things will be different this time round.

Another passenger, Peter Omaka, said, “It’s my first time riding a train in Nigeria. The experience is amazing. I wasn’t expecting much, but I’m wowed, and I believe with time, things will improve. For a start, I should be able to order food to eat onboard. But in terms of other services, I’m impressed.”

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Okoroawusa: 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2020
I Love PMB. If you don't love him then you can go and die.

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Balogunodua(m): 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2020
OsuAmaka:
1. Soyinka and every other Nigerians are paying for the loan, therefore, PMB is not doing us a favour.

2. In 1984, Buhari, as Head of State, cancelled the Metro rail line initiated by PA Jakande. Therefore, I will not celebrate the recklessness of 84 which he has come back to rectify even at a much higher human and capital costs. SW would have been better linked and developed via several rail networks.

-Osu amaka

With night buses, an estimation of 7,000 ibos are ferried to Lagos, and 10,000 to other parts of SW on a daily.
With train, half the population of SE would most likely overcrowd the entire SW region.

I therefore suggest that the State's houses of Assembly propose an immigration law with a strong provision to possess and rename two of any SE states as an Annex to SW as a relief for both economic and infrastructure overburden on the SW region.

-Osu amaka
Troublemaker... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
Balogunodua:

Troublemaker... grin grin

Lol. He is right though. No Train provision for SE should pass through anywhere in the SW lol.

With 20000 of them flooding the SW daily on buses, train services through our region simply means the SE will empty overnight lol.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by slowice(m): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2020
Nigerian government nor smart sha.... Imagine a train from lagos to through anambra, aba then phc..... Imagine train from Kano through anambra, to Aba...... They will make too much money.... Every hour is peak hour

But its always about tribe and political correctness rather common sense and business

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by SaintBeehot(m): 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
OsuAmaka:

-Osu amaka

-Osu amaka
For the sake of God

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by frog12: 4:27pm On Dec 29, 2020
Jonathan started this project I think.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Taye4j: 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
candidtalk:

Lol. He is right though. No Train provision for SE should pass through anywhere in the SW lol.

With 20000 of them flooding the SW daily on buses, train services through our region simply means the SE will empty overnight lol.

Sincerely, I pray SE-SW train doesn't come to fruition. I can't imagine having the whole SE in SW. Having Igbos in their millions in the SW is already a nightmare, having the the whole region here is a death sentence.

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by jaxxy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
Soyinka knows what’s obtainable abroad. Let’s not just talk too much. Nigeria needs do better not relax.
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by LegendHero(m): 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
candidtalk:

Bros forget the haters. The train experience itself is praised by end users. They need to improve on online interactive services and provision of information.

Make sense like that.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by BigIyanga: 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
etrouble:

They should get their own trains and railway from Goatluck Jonaddaft. He has paid for everything
Calcified brain. But OBJ, ur son was incharge for 8yrs? Hope you are buying a bag of N10k Now because of your vote??
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Balogunodua(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
candidtalk:

Kikikiki... grin empty Ke? with their 80 million population in SE alone Nbanu.... grin
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by obeyizy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2020
Is he hiding or what?!
Re: Wole Soyinka Enjoying The Lagos-Ibadan Railway. PICS. by Balogunodua(m): 4:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
slowice:
Nigerian government nor smart sha.... Imagine a train from lagos to through anambra, aba then phc..... Imagine train from Kano through anambra, to Aba...... They will make too much money.... Every hour is peak hour

But its always about tribe and political correctness rather common sense and business
So... what stops them from making money from this one

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Dino Melaye's Rolls-Royce (Pictures) / Pyrates Confraternity Mock Tinubu (Photos, Video) / Abike Dabiri-erewa Blast NBC On Radio Biafra Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.