Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,583 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 (60096 Views)

Acura ZDX Or Benz GLK / 2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by braveheart77: 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Did your popsy retire from Chevron?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by HalpyBee(f): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2020
Oluwasaeon:

Yea what
Talk your own abeg
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Offpoint1: 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Gd
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by kennyflames(m): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

I heard And I've seen Honda card break down on roads with tires out.
Think they've got pivot issues or something

yeap thats the main Honda's fault and na why i run from Honda

anytime you see a honda vehicle breakdown
na the Axle go be the fault

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by mountmoriah(m): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2020
dayveed1:
RX 350

Buy Peace

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by GhostWisperer: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:
Hello. I dunno if I can get help. I don't really know the specs of these cars. But I believe we got people with great experience here. My Dad's retired and wants to get one of these and we are actually inexperienced with cars outside Toyota.
na God go punish any blogger or op when put BMW and Honda in one sentence of comparison.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by explosiveskull(m): 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

That's very useful.
I really appreciate.
Sorry you an auto dealer?
What he told you is the gospel truth.
Run from that zdx and bmw.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Enyimbamercedes: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
ednut1:
Get him Toyota Rav 4. Ask your self how many crosstour still dey roads for 9ja. E get why

There is nothing wrong with the Crosstour! I drive a 2012 Crosstour with 92k Km on it and not a single issue! Regular oil change at 5000km using only recommended oils, transmission and differential fluid changes... never been to a workshop for any serious mechanical issue... so can you tell me why

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by caprini1: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:
Hello. I dunno if I can get help. I don't really know the specs of these cars. But I believe we got people with great experience here. My Dad's retired and wants to get one of these and we are actually inexperienced with cars outside Toyota.
Still go for a Toyota ,the three cars are useless,they will fail you without any sign.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by 400billionman: 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Acura and Honda will give you peace of mind.

Go for BMW in mint condition.

3 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Harrynight(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Honda or Acura for me

I never like BMW from day 1

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by 01OLADDesign(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Crosstour!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by caprini1: 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:
Still go for a Toyota ,the three cars are useless,they will fail you without any sign....Tell your dad to go for an affordable 2016 Toyota Avalon...thats a private jet on wheels.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by 44Bulldog(m): 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Ekakamba: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

There is nothing wrong with the Crosstour! I drive a 2012 Crosstour with 92k Km on it and not a single issue! Regular oil change at 5000km using only recommended oils, transmission and differential fluid changes... never been to a workshop for any serious mechanical issue... so can you tell me why
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by samwillyco1(m): 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2020
Advice him to go for Lexus

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Plut01: 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2020

If you can come here to get opinion then you should be able to convince your Dad that BMW nah Chief of electric problem, that ZMD spare part is scarce and expensive and that the Cross Tour takes no 1 spot for axle problem.

Convince your Dad to look Lexus

5 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by HisMajesty1(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Of the three, the BMW is the most durable, but it's parts are expensive. BMW on a normal day should not be put in the category of those cars, they are inferior to it.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by 44Bulldog(m): 6:41pm On Dec 29, 2020
Actually the BMW is the best among them but when ein wahala start....na u go run, not all mechanic can handle them too (they'll damage it the more). Since ur popsy na partially old man, I won't advice him to go for it

ZDX is good but kind of more expensive and slightly scarce body parts (depending on ur location)

Let him go for crosstour; easier to maintain compared to the remaining two, spare parts are readily available, most mechanic can handle them

To me... Lexus Rx350 would be better (luxury, handling, maintenance, ruggedity)

My 50cent undecided

Where are those "Benz or nothing crew".... I'm afraid they'll hijack this thread

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by meetgaya: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

I have stayed with Honda Accord for nine years without any issues. what Honda Accord needs is good maintenance and honest mechanic

9 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by jaxxy(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

Why not a highlander 2011??

Bt from ur listed options I will say crosstour or Zdx. The price ranges are also different. Zdx being more expensive well depending on the year we are comparing.

Is he bored of toyota suvs?

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by DelTel(m): 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

The ZDX is beautiful but far expensive to purchase and maintenance cost high as well.
The Crosstour is equally beautiful but not as much as the ZDX.
The BMW is not as beautiful.

Meanwhile, I would advise a Toyota 4runner thou.

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by leisuretym: 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

All those cars you listed up there are not rugged, they can not stand the test of time, I repeat they are only flashy cars..
It is better for you to get a Toyota highlander, even if its an old model , you will enjoy it for many years but those ones you listed up there will be giving you unresolved able problems in the next 2 or 3 years and no good resale value on them compare to any Toyota

4 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by KaluwisxPRO: 6:44pm On Dec 29, 2020
ZDX Has been discontinued. Crosstour is his best bet as a former user. Cost wise, you will basically be caring for a regular Nigerian car. Parts are also readily available. You get everything from free space inside to a large trunk. Total service station will do just fine with your regular oil changes and wheel works. Never had any engine problems for over 2years usage.

4 Likes

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by ostechno(m): 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2020
Spaxon:

My dad used to say "Honda man yawo" in Yoruba
In English it means Honda breaks down alot

1 Like

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by mrprolifik: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by nams77: 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2020
Well if what you are saying is true, then tell your pops man to cancel his list.
.those cars are not for men going into retirement...they are for young folks who can give the necessary attention
Tell him to get the following

lexus Es330, or lexus Es 350.
Plush, luxurious,powerful and reliable. The ES 330 gots a superb ground clearance and will work well with bad roads.

For SuV he should go for the highlander and forerunners.

I am a Benz man myself so I can also squeeze in the E350 sedan. Luxury on wheel

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Dpharisee: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
coolcharm:

That is an issue with Accord 2007 downwards I suppose. I haven't seen that with Civic or Cross tour before.

Besides if you have a good servicing and maintainance culture, your car suspension will not pack up on you out of the blues.

That problem of pivot pulling out was sorted out from Civic 2006 upwards

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Flintstone06(m): 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2020
ednut1:
Get him Toyota Rav 4. Ask your self how many crosstour still dey roads for 9ja. E get why

Weyrey!
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by pretyval: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2020
As a car dealer, I'd advice you get your Dad a Highlander.... But if you want to choose from these options you stated, please go with the BMW.... Contact me on 08137588770 let's talk more.
Spaxon:
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by Odinaka00(m): 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
dayveed1:
RX 350

Buy Peace

How much is that car in Nigeria? 2019 model
Re: Acura ZDX, Honda Crosstour And The BMW X5 by SimplePlan34: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2020
Bmw x5 is not in same category as d oda cars

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Lands On Danfo Bus [PHOTOS] / 2018 Mercedes-maybach G650 Landaulet Is The Most Expensive SUV Ever Made / United Arab Emirate Police Unveils Flying Bike(Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.