Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,963 members, 7,828,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 (75933 Views)

Mechanic Returns N10.8m Mistakenly Sent To His Account, Gets Rewarded With N50k / Student Arrested For Lavishing $1million Mistakenly Credited To Her Account (pho / My Brother Was Sacked And Duped By A Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 31, 2020
Alimat40:
I don't have sympathy for you because the way you are living your life it appears you are those employee that borrow from company every month. This explains why you are sacked. Please, refund the money. Why are you borrowing money when you don't have the mean to repay?
Borrow money from a new company? They never borrow me a dime for the few period i was with them. I only borrowed from the bank I'm using when in need of cash
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by mdfash(m): 2:07am On Dec 31, 2020
Chat me on Whatsapp 09031678041. Provide evidence of this problem and I will give you the N40k

6 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by ddshow(m): 2:08am On Dec 31, 2020
!
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by AFONJACOW(m): 2:10am On Dec 31, 2020
No law to protect labour... Such a useless country, hired today, sacked tomorrow, do this I'm another country and see how they close that he kiorks...

Nairalanders for the sake of this festive season let's help this our brother with cash , I open the floor with 2k

Who is with me

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 2:16am On Dec 31, 2020
ddshow:
Please paste your account number here.

Cheers!
OK sir.
Access bank
God will continue to bless you abundantly sir
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by alizma: 2:18am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:
Good day fellow Nairalanders. Please don't mind my long note.

I got a job with a newly opened superstore in the month of November this year. I was formally with a private secondary school but I had to quit when this new job clicked. I forfeited my October salary because I didn't give the school a month notice and I didn't even know that I will get the superstore job. We did interviews during the endsars lockdown.

I had to take up the superstore job as an inventory manager because the salary is better than the school job. To cut the long story short, I resumed as the inventory manager and we were handed over our employment letter. We were two in my department (Inventory). At the end of the month (November) the staff were asked to submit account details to the accountant which we all did so we were expecting credit alert for the month of November.

The accountant didn't credit our account rather he was calling the staff one by one in his office and pay them with cash. I was not called and i was wondering what could be the cause. My colleagues asked me to go meet the accountant in his office. When I got to his office he told me that he didn't know how he wants to relate the latest development to me. So he started saying different stories and he was pacifying me. He handed my salary and another letter. I opened it and it was a "temporary lay off letter". The reason was that " budget consideration ". The superstore hasn't make much to cover staff salary. I was laid off with 3 other staff (one merchandiser, one bakery staff and one cashier).

Meanwhile it was the manager that interviewed
and she is the one I report to but it was the accountant that handed over the letter to me. The company retained My junior in the inventory department after I had put him through somethings he does not understand on the job.

I was dumbfounded and it look as if my world is coming to and end. I thought of my children and wife, my house rent. I started blaming myself for leaving my former job. I summoned courage and I left.

I got home and explained situation of things to my family. That week wasn't an happy week for us considering the fact we are approaching the month of December (festive season).

Meanwhile I have another side hustle I engaged in during weekends but its not fetching much money and the stress was too much; I collapsed and I was hospitalized for two weeks.
On the 28th of this month I received a call from the accountant that he mistakenly transfer the sum of N40,000 into my account that I should please forward the money back to the superstore account number. The manager also called me. But my phone mouthpiece has been very bad since Christmas day. I used to manage my wife's phone anytime I have important calls. That faithful morning I took my phone to the engineer and I went to collect it in the afternoon thinking the phone is ok but the mouthpiece is still not working fine. So since the accountant couldn't hear me, I sent him a text that my phone is faulty and that I will call him back as soon as I fix it again. The following day which is today I took the phone back to the engineer. And I went straight to the superstore to ascertain what really happened. So he told me he mistakenly sent the sum of N40,000 to my account and that the money was December salary for the second guy in the inventory department. and that I should pls forward the money back to the company's account and that the company is on his neck. And I explained to him that I don't usually receive funds in that particular account because i took a loan from access bank which is overdue and I'm yet to pay them. And even if I receive money in that account I will transfer it immediately to my kuda account and i showed him my kuda atm card but in his own case now when he transferred the money I wasn't with my phone it was with the engineer and I wasn't expecting transfer from anybody. And I told him that when he and the manager were calling me the engineer didn't fix the mouthpiece well and I was on my way to ijaiye. I told him I went to drop the phone back this morning and I will go and check my access bank app to see if transactions occur because I didn't receive any credit alert. Alas when I collected my phone back and I checked the app I saw the 40k credit and access bank had already debited me for the loan.

I don't know what to do now because he is begging me to please refund the money into the company's account and I have been trying to borrow from access bank again but the bank keeps telling me I am not qualify for a loan at this time. I don't have salary job at the moment and there is nowhere I can get money to repay the company. I wish to refund them so that I won't look like a bad or dubious person to them. He has been calling me on phone but I don't know how to break the news to him.

Pls what can I do in this kind of situation?
This is simple now. Just explain to him and show him evidence of what happened then move on with your life. Is not your fault and all you owe him is sincere explanation of what happened. What anybody think is true or false about the whole thing is not your business, your business is what happened which you have to explain to him

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 2:21am On Dec 31, 2020
mdfash:
Chat me on Whatsapp 09031678041. Provide evidence of this problem and I will give you the N40k
Done sir
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by alizma: 2:28am On Dec 31, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
Borrow from friends and pay back in time or they might arrest you.

This is company money, the job of the accountant is also at stake here, so pity him too

Stop collecting loans from banks or loan apps, they are usury and usury is designed to make you poor, you keep borrowing and borrowing and paying back with high interest. It is a trap.
Arrest him for what? They will loose more money by arresting him because he will only be made to sign an undertaking that he will be paying the money little by little.
Although in Nigeria, the rich are good at intimidating the poor, using the same authority that is designed to protect the poor but with even with a charge and bail lawyer who know his work on the guy's side, this is a technical lose on the part of the accountant.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by BobbyGenius(m): 2:29am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

I got a job with a newly opened superstore in the month of November this year. I was formally with a private secondary school but I had to quit when this new job clicked. I forfeited my October salary because I didn't give the school a month notice and I didn't even know that I will get the superstore job. We did interviews during the endsars lockdown.

I had to take up the superstore job as an inventory manager because the salary is better than the school job. To cut the long story short, I resumed as the inventory manager and we were handed over our employment letter. We were two in my department (Inventory). At the end of the month (November) the staff were asked to submit account details to the accountant which we all did so we were expecting credit alert for the month of November.

The accountant didn't credit our account rather he was calling the staff one by one in his office and pay them with cash. I was not called and i was wondering what could be the cause. My colleagues asked me to go meet the accountant in his office. When I got to his office he told me that he didn't know how he wants to relate the latest development to me. So he started saying different stories and he was pacifying me. He handed my salary and another letter. I opened it and it was a "temporary lay off letter". The reason was that " budget consideration ". The superstore hasn't make much to cover staff salary. I was laid off with 3 other staff (one merchandiser, one bakery staff and one cashier).

and she is the one I report to but it was the accountant that handed over the letter to me. The company retained My junior in the inventory department after I had put him through somethings he does not understand on the job.

I was dumbfounded and it look as if my world is coming to and end. I thought of my children and wife, my house rent. I started blaming myself for leaving my former job. I summoned courage and I left.

I got home and explained situation of things to my family. That week wasn't an happy week for us considering the fact we are approaching the month of December (festive season).

Meanwhile I have another side hustle I engaged in during weekends but its not fetching much money and the stress was too much; I collapsed and I was hospitalized for two weeks.
On the 28th of this month I received a call from the accountant that he mistakenly transfer the sum of N40,000 into my account that I should please forward the money back to the superstore account number. The manager also called me. But my phone mouthpiece has been very bad since Christmas day. I used to manage my wife's phone anytime I have important calls. That faithful morning I took my phone to the engineer and I went to collect it in the afternoon thinking the phone is ok but the mouthpiece is still not working fine. So since the accountant couldn't hear me, I sent him a text that my phone is faulty and that I will call him back as soon as I fix it again. The following day which is today I took the phone back to the engineer. And I went straight to the superstore to ascertain what really happened. So he told me he mistakenly sent the sum of N40,000 to my account and that the money was December salary for the second guy in the inventory department. and that I should pls forward the money back to the company's account and that the company is on his neck. And I explained to him that I don't usually receive funds in that particular account because i took a loan from access bank which is overdue and I'm yet to pay them. And even if I receive money in that account I will transfer it immediately to my kuda account and i showed him my kuda atm card but in his own case now when he transferred the money I wasn't with my phone it was with the engineer and I wasn't expecting transfer from anybody. And I told him that when he and the manager were calling me the engineer didn't fix the mouthpiece well and I was on my way to ijaiye. I told him I went to drop the phone back this morning and I will go and check my access bank app to see if transactions occur because I didn't receive any credit alert. Alas when I collected my phone back and I checked the app I saw the 40k credit and access bank had already debited me for the loan.

I don't know what to do now because he is begging me to please refund the money into the company's account and I have been trying to borrow from access bank again but the bank keeps telling me I am not qualify for a loan at this time. I don't have salary job at the moment and there is nowhere I can get money to repay the company. I wish to refund them so that I won't look like a bad or dubious person to them. He has been calling me on phone but I don't know how to break the news to him.

As they put u condition so condition them too how u will make repayment the debit fund back

Let them place u on employment for u to pay the debit or they want u to rub for them or are they not the one move you to this situation now and more wahala again Chai.... Man wise and reason up well no consideration now accept they place u on employ for the solid reason that's all
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by zakkxx: 2:43am On Dec 31, 2020
return the money and your breakthrough has just begun but if u refuse this mark the beginning of your downfall. be warned
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by nsiba: 2:47am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

You do NOTHING, that money is payback to them. Don't be in any hurry to pay them until you are back financially.

They put you in this mess and you are feeling guilty, bro think of yourself and family first
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by nsiba: 2:50am On Dec 31, 2020
zakkxx:
return the money and your breakthrough has just begun but if u refuse this mark the beginning of your downfall. be warned

Sharap..... Where is he gonna get d money?
Breakthrough nonsense, with all the churches and mosques in Nigeria no single breakthrough in our national life
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by bassammy: 3:01am On Dec 31, 2020
fid3fid:

Ah, your head dey there! One cold lager for you.

I think say na only me notice am
As a former staff, his story is true. If you are servicing a loan which is over due, if any money enters your account, e.g the amount you are owing or less it will be wiped(deducted) to balance up your debt at some point, u won't even get alert. Although d system or ur app can show the details of the transaction. So Explain to them and pay in installment.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Heanry(m): 3:04am On Dec 31, 2020
Op try to return the money the way it is most convenient for you. But also, put it up in writing to the overall head of the establishment or even the proprietary explaining what happened. I have a feeling that that something fishy is going on which the accountant and manager only are aware of. Probably the top management is not even aware you were sacked. God keep you.

4 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by BennyDGreat: 3:15am On Dec 31, 2020
Alimat40:
I don't have sympathy for you because the way you are living your life it appears you are those employee that borrow from company every month. This explains why you are sacked. Please, refund the money. Why are you borrowing money when you don't have the mean to repay?

Take it easy. Your words are too harsh. Life isn't this hard you know?

2 Likes

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by cooooooks(m): 3:15am On Dec 31, 2020
They should hire you to do some jobs as needed to cover that amount.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by banmee(m): 3:33am On Dec 31, 2020
He is a Nigerian so i don't believe a word the OP says. Nigeria + Money = Fraud.

1 Like

Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by jaytime(m): 3:34am On Dec 31, 2020
This story is too long, could have been summarized...
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Ayodoni1(m): 3:39am On Dec 31, 2020
It is your money, God has meant the money to be yours, don't panic, you got no problem, just explain to them this way.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by AerialMapper: 3:40am On Dec 31, 2020
When did you take out the accessbank loan, how much did you borrow and what type of loan was it? Payday loan? Small ticket personal loan?
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by kellybently(m): 3:45am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

Print out ur statement of account and show the accountant next time you are going to see him. So he won't thing you don't want to pay.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by 01mcfadden(m): 4:26am On Dec 31, 2020
Ishilove:

His village people are fanning their biabia with his picture.
Very insensitive thing to say.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by BluntCrazeMan: 4:26am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

I am not working with any syndicate sir. You can confirm from the superstore at igando. I have my employment letter and temporary lay off letter sir
Ok..
I wish you the best in your search for financial freedom, and a quick recovery from your predicament too.
You wouldn't blame me though for my earlier alarm.
I was once a victim of a very smart syndicate.
And they came with a pitiful narrative which moved me to want to help the main supposed begger in anyway I could.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by jahlove4jah: 4:34am On Dec 31, 2020
Since they were able to lay you off without any consideration, write them a letter or an email attwching your statement if account explaining your situations and promise them that you will pay back as soon as you get a new job.

Don't allow them to put you under pressure. Don't borrow again.
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Nobody: 4:54am On Dec 31, 2020
Chai when life hits you....it hits you soooooo bad
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by King44(m): 4:54am On Dec 31, 2020
Brosst:

Wahala....

No money no erection
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by abeniagbon(m): 4:55am On Dec 31, 2020
the superstore is Justrite.
bad management
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Yuslat4sure(m): 5:01am On Dec 31, 2020
The story has a k leg , i smell some lie inside the story
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by TreasureJunky: 5:09am On Dec 31, 2020
But I don't totally believe this your story. Why did you submit that particular account to the company when asked for salary account, knowing fully well that you have not been using the account, and that you are owing the bank with the account??. Are you supposed to used that account in the first place??
Had it been you continued with the company, and they pay your salary in your bank account, you would have lost your salary too..
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by Williamspd(m): 5:09am On Dec 31, 2020
hmmmm, what I story
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by oyeb15: 5:18am On Dec 31, 2020
Nature helped u played a fast one on your traitors. Thank your chi.
Its just a case of Akara(beans ball) that enters Solid pap(eko),...
Re: A Month After I Was Sacked, I Was Mistakenly Credited With ₦40,000 by fruqy(m): 5:38am On Dec 31, 2020
gamegear:
But why use an account that you know is on negative balance as your salary account for the company in the first place?.

I smell what is not true (lies)

If that wasn't his salary account, access Bank won't give him loan. It's simple, they deduct the money from his salary monthly and when he defaulted, they refused to give another loan. Why will any bank give you loan when you don't have means of paying it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Apostle Chibuzor Offer Sacked Chicken Republic Staff Scholarships Abroad / Access Bank Plc Salary Structure: How Much Does Access Bank Pay Staff? / See Where Oil Riggers Live While On Offshore Oil Exploration: Pics & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.