Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines (37240 Views)

NIN Enrolment: Nigeria, Korea Sign $13 Million Agreement / FG Lists NIN Enrolment Centres Nationwide / President Buhari issues fresh order to Nigerian Governors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by blazesam(m): 2:16am On Dec 30, 2020
NIMC Issues Fresh Guidelines For NIN Applicants

The National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) has adopted booking for the National Identity Numbers (NIN) to avoid the spread of COVID-19 pandemic at registration centres across the country.

According to a statement by its spokesman, Kayode Adegoke, personal information would be collected for scheduling an enrolment appointment.

The statement warned citizens not to give personal information other than what is required by the booking register.

Adegoke explained that the recent Federal Government’s policy which requires mobile network subscribers to update their SIM registration with a valid National Identification Number (NIN) has occasioned a huge demand for the NIN with a crowd visiting the NIMC Enrolment Centres nationwide.

Mindful of the second wave of the COVID-19, which continues to severely affect public health and cause unprecedented disruptions, the Commission wishes to announce that it has adopted a couple of measures to contain the spread of the virus while ensuring its services to Nigerians are not entirely interrupted, Adegoke stated.

The NIMC spokesman said: “Effective December 30, 2020, attending to applicants would be based on Booking System. For bookings, applicants are to visit any of the NIMC Offices closest to them during stipulated business hours (9 am – 1 pm).

“Although the policy has been in place since 4th February 2020 applicants are now crowding all the centres. Personal Information would be collected for the sole purpose of scheduling an enrolment appointment. Please do not include any personal information other than what is required by the booking register.

“Once admitted into the office, a Number-Issuing queue management system will be in place to ensure orderliness and strict adherence to COVID-19 Protocols.

“As a responsible Commission, we fully understand that safety comes first, as such, only individuals with facemask would be allowed entrance into our premises.

“We urge the general public to cooperate with us as we work assiduously to respond to the new normal.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thenationonlineng.net/covid-19-nimc-adopts-booking-system-for-nin-enrolment/amp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by fnep2smooth(m): 3:07am On Dec 30, 2020
What do they mean by booking system?... People will still abuse it.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by PARADIZEPRIEST: 3:26am On Dec 30, 2020
So how many ppl do you register from 9am to 1pm dumbheads? THIS NIN STARTED UNDER JONATHAN AND THERE WAS NO big DEAL OR FUSS ABOUT IT.,but NOW THIS REGIME IS USING IT AS WEAPON OF OPPRESSION AGAINST CITIZENS.
Where is done!!!? how can a presidnt keep silent while his edu minister ground university sys to erase one session? and why cant he summon and correct a common commission under info ministry to stop constraining and subjecting citizens to hardship of common Identity registration in this digital age? What is d benefit to citizens doin things in these awkward manner? Are u ppl thinking at all?
The Solution is to open more registration centres.One centre to 50 people to do this fckin registration in open air not in closet where your staff convert into bank vault,because yu mention block sim without id numbr,your ncc staff are callin it goldmine to regis nin. If yu dont hav exploitative motive this registration is supposed to be a continuous exercise with no closing date.If they bloc ya sim they will unblock it when you eventually register.Is no big deal except that whn public in govt want to exploit citizens they cause panick and stampde for poor citizens to start bribing the govt staff to do their jobs.

72 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by bkool7(m): 4:38am On Dec 30, 2020
These ppl are living in fool's Paradise. All these can't work. Why can't they collect our data from BVN?

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Nobody: 5:00am On Dec 30, 2020
grin

This is commendable and it will change the country's look outside. How can a 250 million population not have an identity. God punish our heroes past.

Our darling daddy is working

grin

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Aystarz: 5:47am On Dec 30, 2020
PARADIZEPRIEST:
So how many ppl do you register from 9am to 1pm dumbheads? THIS NIN STARTED UNDER JONATHAN AND THERE WAS NO big DEAL OR FUSS ABOUT IT.,but NOW THIS REGIME IS USING IT AS WEAPON OF OPPRESSION AGAINST CITIZENS.
Where is done!!!? how can a presidnt keep silent while his edu minister ground university sys to erase one session? and why cant he summon and correct a common commission under info ministry to stop constraining and subjecting citizens to hardship of common Identity registration in this digital age? What is d benefit to citizens doin things in these awkward manner? Are u ppl thinking at all?
The Solution is to open more registration centres.One centre to 50 people to do this fckin registration in open air not in closet where your staff convert into bank vault,because yu mention block sim without id numbr,your ncc staff are callin it goldmine to regis nin. If yu dont hav exploitative motive this registration is supposed to be a comtinuous exercise with no closing date.If they bloc ya sim they will unblock it when you eventually register.Is no big deal except that whn public in govt want to export citizens they cause panick and stampde for poor citizens to start bribing the govt staff to do their jobs.
I have no doubt in my mind that there's a conspiracy between the FG and its NIMC to exploit Nigerians at this time. No one can tell me different.

21 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Flier: 5:59am On Dec 30, 2020
Aladegba:
grin

This is commendable and it will change the country's look outside. How can a 250 million population not have an identity. God punish our heroes past.

Our darling daddy is working

grin
How is it commendable?they should allow people to use BVN or international passport to generate NIN on Nimc Website

37 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by paddyDIGITAL(m): 6:38am On Dec 30, 2020
This is a good development. We just need to get thing done right. Gradually we will make the country work again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 30, 2020
Flier:
How is it commendable?they should allow people to use BVN or international passport to generate NIN on Nimc Website

I know of a friend who doesn't use banks and international passport. You must do the needful at NIN office. In fact NIN official must be present at hospitals to take new born fingerprints and generate NIN. You must not be able to get or do anything in the new Nigeria until you have a national identity.

Note: it must be link to BVN, voters card, plate number and drivers license. It should be link to certificate of Occupancy and proof of residence. That's how it's done herein South Africa.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Nobody: 7:14am On Dec 30, 2020
By doing it then we know how a civil servant will have 200 houses on his name and his salary is 300k a month. We know how a jss 2 son of a politician will have 500 million on his BVN account. This is the way forward for the country. Let's make their lives unbearable with policies that counter crimes.

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Charmingrascal(m): 7:16am On Dec 30, 2020
I was admitted, my data was captured and they gave me a reference number.
I went back there to collect the NIN slip and I was told that they can't find my data again because they changed the system they used in capturing my data.
Imagine nonsense!

I can't kill myself, they should block my sim I can't go and que and be fighting to register after I have already done it before.

Nigeria as a Country is stressful, everything is like war.

Cheers to all of us that are waiting for the deadline so that this stupid, stressful regime can block my sim.

Nonsense and ingredient

57 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by orisa37: 7:50am On Dec 30, 2020
Thank you Brother.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by orisa37: 7:55am On Dec 30, 2020
Thank you Brother. It's MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN SUBTERFUGE TO CAPTURE NIGERIA AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM.
Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2020
Although the policy has been in place since 4th February 2020 applicants are now crowding all the centres. Personal Information would be collected for the sole purpose of scheduling an enrolment appointment. Please do not include any personal information other than what is required by the booking register.
Now, this makes more sense.
Coronavirus is real!
We have to prevent gathering of thousands of people in one place as much as we can.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Bodexman(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2020
Flier:

Technology has advanced things all over the world but Nigeria is still living in stone age.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Stacyomolola(f): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:
I was admitted, my data was captured and they gave me a reference number.
I went back there to collect the NIN slip and I was told that they can't find my data again because they changed the system they used in capturing my data.
Imagine nonsense!

I can't kill myself, they should block my sim I can't go and que and be fighting to register after I have already done it before.

Nigeria as a Country is stressful, everything is like war.

Cheers to all of us that are waiting for the deadline so that this stupid, stressful regime can block my sim.

Nonsense and ingredient

Cheers
we muuuuuvee cheesycheesycheesy

12 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by babag93: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2020
Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Emaxwell(m): 7:58am On Dec 30, 2020
Can Patimi be straight forward

Like can't he make the whole process online undecided

2 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by TGM2015: 7:59am On Dec 30, 2020
“Effective December 30, 2020, attending to applicants would be based on Booking System. For bookings, applicants are to visit any of the NIMC Offices closest to them during stipulated business hours (9 am – 1 pm).

I read it yesterday but see nothing to celebrate. NIMC complained of crowd for registration but now introduced crowd for pre-registration (booking). The new system will enhance the corruption in the process.

Why can't the booking be online? Why can't they have option of filling the form online and registrant coming for finger print and photo capture? We can see reason for mandating registrants to visit their office for bio data capture but it does not make sense visiting the office to book and then visit the office the second time for registration. Some may even visit the third time to get their printed NIN Slip.

Patriarchy001:

"Adegoke explained that the recent Federal Government’s policy which requires mobile network subscribers to update their SIM registration with a valid National Identification Number (NIN) has occasioned a huge demand for the NIN with a crowd visiting the NIMC Enrolment Centres nationwide."

Why can't people see that this whole thing is nothing but tool of oppression lipsrsealed:
This is a conspiracy Theory. Personally, I did link my Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Nairaland, etc. to my phone number, they are all linked to email addresses. Except for WhatsApp, one can do without linking his/her social media accounts to a number. And WhatsApp is a close messaging app, except one of the party involved or group members bring the message to the public no one knows what you are sharing. As for fake news tracing in WhatsApp, that has been in place even before NIN.

Anyway, if there is no fraudulent SIM registration, the owner of the SIM can easily be traced through the data he or she submitted during registration. So, tracing one through phone numbers can be done without NIN.

3 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Patriarchy001(m): 7:59am On Dec 30, 2020

"Adegoke explained that the recent Federal Government’s policy which requires mobile network subscribers to update their SIM registration with a valid National Identification Number (NIN) has occasioned a huge demand for the NIN with a crowd visiting the NIMC Enrolment Centres nationwide."

Why can't people see that this whole thing is nothing but tool of oppression lipsrsealed:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by DropsMic(m): 7:59am On Dec 30, 2020
Yawn
Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Factfinder1(m): 8:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Buharis government will use the phone numbers you submitted for nin to regulate the internet track down critics of his administration and unlawfully arrest and detain them and freeze their bank accounts, very soon you will need nin to access the internet..save this post for future reference

4 Likes

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by sacajawea: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2020
Wow, wow, Wow wow wow wow wow wow
Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by HOPSIN(m): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2020
If they have 3 systems dey can enroll 150 people
PARADIZEPRIEST:
The Solution is to open more registration centres.One centre to 50 people to do this fckin registration in open air not in closet where your staff convert into bank vault,because yu mention block sim without id numbr,your ncc staff are callin it goldmine to regis nin. If yu dont hav exploitative motive this registration is supposed to be a comtinuous exercise with no closing date.If they bloc ya sim they will unblock it when you eventually register.Is no big deal except that whn public in govt want to export citizens they cause panick and stampde for poor citizens to start bribing the govt staff to do their jobs.
Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by sammirano: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Abhh. This government is controlled by madmen

1 Like

Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by WideGraphicsJob: 8:01am On Dec 30, 2020
Okay
Re: NIMC Adopts Booking System For NIN Enrolment, Issues Fresh Guidelines by Godpikin4real(f): 8:01am On Dec 30, 2020
The government making life difficult and unbearable for her citizens.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kidnappers Of Air Vice-Marshal Sikiru Smith Arrested In Lagos / Defection: Some Kwankwaso's Supporters Dump Him, Burn Their Red Caps / Soyinka: I didn't Meet Peter Obi For Reconciliation, Rather He Apologised

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.