Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub (4988 Views)

Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub / NEDG Vice Presidential Debate 2015 Live! / NEDG Presidential Debate Boycott: In Defence Of Muhammadu Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Pharoh: 5:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
Why didn't they cry fowl when they were excluded from the NN24 debate? grin
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by naijangel7(f): 6:24pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pharoh:

Why didn't they cry fowl when they were excluded from the NN24 debate? grin

Because the NN24 people already made it clear from the beginning that they were inviting only the top 4 candidates based on their own guidelines. They didn't send out invitation letters and look for flimsy reasons to revoke them to shield any one candidate.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by juman(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2011
The PARLOR parties should organise their own debate.

Say Jonathan/Sambo.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 29, 2011
juman:

The PARLOR parties should organise their own debate.

Sai Buhari/Bakare.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Pharoh: 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2011
naijangel7:

Because the NN24 people already made it clear from the beginning  that they were inviting only the top 4 candidates based on their own guidelines. They didn't send out invitation letters and look for flimsy reasons to revoke them to shield any one candidate.

Thats the whole point sister, every debate organization is allowed to manage their debate the way they deem it fit until: We come to a stage where there are clear impartial rules for organizing debates in this country. I have said it from the beginning that the NN24 debate and whataboutus debate were not perfect to me so i will never condemn BON as each organization should be allowed to do whatever they like.

Just like everyone accepted the fact that NN24 can invite whomever they wish so we should accept the fact that BON can invite and reject any bloody candidate at any time. A simple apology is enough already for him so he should just accept that and stop making a mountain out of this simple rejection.

At the end of the day don't get me wrong i am not in support of the actions of NN24, BON and whataboutus but let everyone just accept the deficiencies the way it is and hope for a better organization in 2015. It is a learning process and we will surely get there someday.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by scorpion1: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2011
eros:

My pellow Nizerian da ze devate will air at 7 P.M. Nizerian time. grin grin grin

Oh!! my pellow citizen, walahi nagode. I will sit by my telepision and watch GEJ show poolishness like Namadi did. Danburauba Yaro. Empty heads leading us, to no where.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Kobojunkie: 7:14pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pharoh:

Thats the whole point sister, every debate organization is allowed to manage their debate the way they deem it fit until: We come to a stage where there are clear impartial rules for organizing debates in this country. I have said it from the beginning that the NN24 debate and whataboutus debate were not perfect to me so i will never condemn BON as each organization should be allowed to do whatever they like.

Just like everyone accepted the fact that NN24 can invite whomever they wish so we should accept the fact that BON can invite and reject any bloody candidate at any time. A simple apology is enough already for him so he should just accept that and stop making a mountain out of this simple rejection.

At the end of the day don't get me wrong i am not in support of the actions of NN24, BON and whataboutus but let everyone just accept the deficiencies the way it is and hope for a better organization in 2015. It is a learning process and we will surely get there someday.

WRONG!

Again, the NN24 debate did not invite them and then uninvite them at the last minute. The NN24 Debate made it clear they were only making for the 4 they got. NEDG debate however, disinvited candidates already invited for the debate at the last minute.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by olaadegoke(m): 7:45pm On Mar 29, 2011
Watch the debate here, http://suncastv.co.uk/ntai.html
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Busuguma(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2011
Where is GEJ?
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by tlops(m): 7:48pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pharoh:

[b]Just like everyone accepted the fact that NN24 can invite whomever they wish so we should accept the fact that BON can invite and reject any bloody candidate at any time. [/b]A simple apology is enough already for him so he should just accept that and stop making a mountain out of this simple rejection.

It doesnt go like that, NN24 organised their debate with their own criteria which only 4 parties qualified for. BON/NEDG made their requirements and sent invitations to qualified candidates but later realised that they were not-so-smart to have invited all, so in their usual not-so-smart attitude omitted their names altogether without any explanations. They should be sued for discrimination and negligence or whatever anyone deem fit.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 29, 2011
Mehn, mrs ndok is really making sense
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by tlops(m): 7:56pm On Mar 29, 2011
is the debate live? the streaming is breaking anybody got better link or na my system,
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by tlops(m): 7:58pm On Mar 29, 2011
which one is UNPD? united nation police department?Å
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Pharoh: 8:53pm On Mar 29, 2011
tlops:

It doesnt go like that, NN24 organised their debate with their own criteria which only 4 parties qualified for. BON/NEDG made their requirements and sent invitations to qualified candidates but later realised that they were not-so-smart to have invited all, so in their usual not-so-smart attitude omitted their names altogether without any explanations. They should be sued for discrimination and negligence or whatever anyone deem fit.

Should we sue NN24 for discrimination as well?, BON found out that their criteria was faulty and promptly fixed it by discriminating against some candidate so what is the fuse?. If NN24 can discriminate than why not BON, the withdrawal the other three candidates messed up their system so they fixed it by excluding some candidates out of the debate. My point is we should leave every organization to manage the debate the way it suits them because non has been perfect in my opinion.

Are you in support of NN24 discriminating against Pat Utomi?, if not then what is the problem when BON decides to do the same to Okotie?. I don't care if they have been invited or uninvited but my point is BON has a right to manage their debate the way that works best for them.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by dastudent(m): 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2011
Pharoh:

Should we sue NN24 for discrimination as well?, BON found out that their criteria was faulty and promptly fixed it by discriminating against some candidate so what is the fuse?. If NN24 can discriminate than why not BON, the withdrawal the other three candidates messed up their system so they fixed it by excluding some candidates out of the debate. My point is we should leave every organization to manage the debate the way it suits them because non has been perfect in my opinion.

Are you in support of NN24 discriminating against Pat Utomi?, if not then what is the problem when BON decides to do the same to Okotie?. I don't care if they have been invited or uninvited but my point is BON has a right to manage their debate the way that works best for them.

Dude!Written above is a freaking blind argument.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Mar 30, 2011
Roflmao!
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by rasputinn(m): 9:39am On Mar 30, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin
The greatest clown and joker of them all

My satisfaction is that I have one over Kris Okotie.I recall accompanying a friend to his church in the build up to the '03 presidential elections,in between his sermon he went all-political and proclaimed that he Kris Okotie was going to be Nigeria's president after the elections,whilst the congregation generally thundered a response of amen,I shouted IT'S A LIE.O boy,come see as those around me all turned at once to see who,,,,,,,,,

Eventually,he did not win(I'm so sure so many of these clowns just jump on the presidential election bandwagon cos of the INEC grant and any such campaign funds they can scam from gullible people).The they are asked to account for those monies,and those found wanting are made to refund or go to jail,the sooner unserious clowns will steer clear of a matter as serious as a presidential election
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Mar 30, 2011
Well, regardless of how you feel about him as a person, the point is he is a Nigerian and so he is allowed to contest whether he will get your vote or not is another story. The fact of this here is that he may have a legit complaint since it is the case that he was dis-invited at the last minute.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by LordBabs(m): 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2011
I want 2 correct a widening impression here abt d V.P's 'SAMBO' purported debate on 28th march.by virtue of knowing,i tell u firmly dat it was not a debate,and cudn't av bin called a debate! (Read ur dico),In a debate, 2 or more speakers often express opposing opinions of an argument or issue.in oda sense,a debate involves 2 or more debaters.d lunacy being demonstrated in d 'SAMBO'S DEBATE (if u peradventure watches it),can merely be called an INTERROGATION or QUESTIONING or LECTURE.calling it a debate is a misnomer and only tantamounts to a ludicrous grotesque!
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Kobojunkie: 1:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
^^^ You mean an INTERVIEW grin
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by BlakkBoi(m): 5:16pm On Mar 30, 2011
While everyone is making sense by tackling the issue logically. This @Pharoh dude seems to be on a mission of self-ridicule. I am worried that you type all those nonsense, proof read it and still get mind post am. Mtcheeew.

My people abeg. Who interviewed Jonathan?. Still D'banj or Don Jazzy?.
New words: uninvite, deinvite, misinvite, disinvite, noinvite, beeninvite. We get scope.

But seriously if anything happens to our votes. I will be the Nigerian version of Muhammed Bouazizi. I have my fuel and match stick ready.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Nobody: 12:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
corruption!
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by bolington(m): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2011
WURUWURU DON FULL NIGERIA MAYBE DEM KNOW SAY OKOTIE GO OPEN DEM YACH[buttom] NAI MAKE DEM DELETE HIM NAME,too smart 4 deir liking. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by naijaking1: 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ You mean an INTERVIEW grin

Hajia, thanks for your deservice to truth and facts as usual cheesy
Your obsession with ethnic bias, myopic realities, and cock-eyed arguments are always pushing you into higher and highly tainted political opportunism angry

Where were you when 3 Hausa clowns gathered in NN24, argued among themselves, and wished one of them would become president for the sake of "northern interest"

Dele Momudu and Chris Okotie were excluded, and infact one of them threaten legal action.
What service do you render to the N/L community posting articles reflecting these 2 gentlemen's disappointment with the NEDG debate while you pretended to be ignorant of the same situation when the NN24 debate took place.

You're never going to learn.
Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Kobojunkie: 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2011
naijaking1:

Hajia, thanks for your deservice to truth and facts as usual cheesy
Your obsession with ethnic bias, myopic realities, and cock-eyed arguments are always pushing you into higher and highly tainted political opportunism angry

Where were you when 3 Hausa clowns gathered in NN24, argued among themselves, and wished one of them would become president for the sake of "northern interest"   

Dele Momudu and Chris Okotie were excluded, and infact one of them threaten legal action.
What service do you render to the N/L community posting articles reflecting these 2 gentlemen's disappointment with the NEDG debate while you pretended to be ignorant of the same situation when the NN24 debate took place.

You're never going to learn.

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO!!![/size] See the kind disaster bigotry dey wrought the minds of Nigerians  oooh . . . . We got served an interview( 1 man question and answer session) as opposed to a debate as promised(more than one man answer session), and I am labelled a tribalist for stating the truth of this, by of all persons a known bigot and tribalist? classic!!

Re: Presidential Debate: Okotie Slams NEDG Over Snub by Nnamdiejik(m): 6:38pm On Apr 02, 2011
ino concern you:leave am

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: RCCG Member Accuses OSINBAJO Of Rape And Corruption / Presidency Feeding at N1.75billion In 2016 Budget! / Expose On Niger Delta Avengers (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.