Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 PM

Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services (15868 Views)

Soldiers Calm ENDSARS Protesters As They Defy Osun Government Curfew / Governor Umahi Reverses Ban On Sun, Vanguard Newspapers Reporters / Governorship Election: Jubilation At Osun Government House. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by LegendVibes: 6:12am On Dec 30, 2020
Osun State Government has reversed its ban on churches from holding cross-over services on December 31.

Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation Funke Egbemode stated this in a release on Tuesday.

The commissioner said the government’s sensitivity to the mood of the season has necessitated a review of its earlier position, Igbere TV reports.

Mrs Egbemode said, “The Government of the State of Osun has decided to allow cross over religious gatherings, But any organisation holding cross over service must note that they are expected to close the service early and everyone must be off the streets by 1:00am.

“Security operatives have been given the directive to enforce this guideline. Religious bodies and citizens are therefore advised to comply because we do not want anyone to spend the first day of the year in police custody.

“Also, the leadership of religious bodies must ensure strict adherence to safety protocols, which include accommodating only 50 percent capacity of their normal attendance, ensuring social distancing, use of nose mask or face fields by participants, avoidance of sharing materials and instruments and avoidance of any other action that can help the virus to spread.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=247874100093293&id=100046121137967

1 Like

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by tomiadepojs: 6:14am On Dec 30, 2020
Pastors have threatened Oyetola? cheesy

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Sunnycliff(m): 6:23am On Dec 30, 2020
Inconsistent government. Government that lacks katicle, tinkibal and speakin tru

5 Likes

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by urbobo20(m): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2020
am very sure religion will kill this country the osun state govenor is the only muslem among the south west govenor's and the man dont want christians to be on his neck .

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:34am On Dec 30, 2020
Why will the governor do such. You're playing with fire

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:47am On Dec 30, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Inconsistent government. Government that lacks katicle, tinkibal and speakin tru
You have succeeded in making me stress my brain this early morning by looking for the meaning of the two bold-ed words above but couldn't find it.

I go swear for you when sun rises fully

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:51am On Dec 30, 2020
tomiadepojs:
urbobo20:
am very sure religion will kill this country the osun state govenor is the only muslem among the south west govenor's and the man dont want christians to be on his neck .
Oyetola be like:

Make una cross una crossover in peace oh, makai have my own peace in peace too. I no like wahala

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Sunnycliff(m): 7:15am On Dec 30, 2020
BeeBeeOoh:
You have succeeded in making me stress my brain this early morning by looking for the meaning of the two bold-ed words above but couldn't find it.

I go swear for you when sun rises fully

Na one edo trending lady like dat been speak am oo... Whether e de dictionary or not, I no get choice to speak am too as comic relief

1 Like

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Enudapan: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2020
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

If the don't do the cross over
Will they die?
Am yet to understand the economic important of cross over night in our country
Cos we did 2019 crossover, yet it didn't stopped 2020 from being an unpredictable year

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:24am On Dec 30, 2020
Sunnycliff:

Na one edo trending lady like dat been speak am oo... Whether e de dictionary or not, I no get choice to speak am too as comic relief
If you see as I take open all the dictionaries wey dey my phone dey search for the meaning, I no come see am. I come add google join all to no avail.

Las-las, I sey make me and those words dey on our lane's respectively angry

4 Likes

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by edoairways: 8:12am On Dec 30, 2020
casdoruche:
Hausa are not FULANI. Fulani is a minority group. Hausa is a major group. Fulani knowing this now call themselves Hausa/Fulani. The average Fulani doesn't see himself equal to an HAUSA MAN.

All emirs are Fulani in a hausa dominated community. Fulani has not only brainwashed the northern Hausa people but dominted them by using religion to establish their semi-god status.

Furthermore, they also dominate intellectually by making Education accessible to themselves using the glorified elite positions they occupy. They go abroad to get educated.

A cycle of dominance preserved by a minority. The north cannot develop until they understand that their perpetual poverty, ignorance and illiteracy favours the minority Fulani.
How does this relate to the post?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by edoairways: 8:15am On Dec 30, 2020
I haven't never seen in the bible where the apostles or the prophets of old celebrated cross over service. Most Critics of Christmas wishes and observe such unscriptural service hence I don't know who is more hypocrital
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Saao(m): 8:16am On Dec 30, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Why will the governor do such. You're playing with fire
no fire anywhere. Why church? What about market?
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Samunique(m): 8:57am On Dec 30, 2020
tomiadepojs:

Na so bro !

Religion is very powerful in this country.

Only a fool will deny this .
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:26am On Dec 30, 2020
LegendVibes:

Mrs Egbemode said, “The Government of the State of Osun has decided to allow cross over religious gatherings, But any organisation holding cross over service must note that they are expected to close the service early and everyone must be off the streets by 1:00am.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=247874100093293&id=100046121137967

Lalasticlala
So if they are to be off the street by 1:00am, where the crossover then

The people go fly

Na to sleep for there, go home when the curfew has ended
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by ODJ124(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
That's good....

Heaven is Happy..

Thread seen..

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by illicit(m): 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
tongue
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by ipobarethieves: 12:12pm On Dec 30, 2020
sad conFUSED pipu
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
Confused and indecisive government. They flex muscle on top school matter only; any small thing like this you'll hear Schools are to remain closed until further notice
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Hndrrxxx(m): 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
Bb
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by GOVERNMENT2: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
tomiadepojs:
SO MUSLIMS DOESN'T HOLD CROSSOVER NIGHT SERVICE undecided
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Mitsurugi(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
I don't understand the ban on crossover night yet unprecedented crowd is allowed in the name of the NIN registration undecided

5 Likes

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Funkybabee(f): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
yeye
awon Nan Mon
gbogbo policies wo lo mu le lati christmas
aiye un we won
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Funkybabee(f): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
yeye
awon Nan Mon
gbogbo policies wo lo mu le lati christmas
aiye un we won
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by bigdammyj: 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2020
Noted
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by adaragbotemi: 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
OK
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Lanre4uonly(m): 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by Swipa: 12:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
Arrant nonsense. What's the difference between closing by 1 and closing by 4am? We will have our cross over services. It's not by force to attend. If you don't like it, you can put Tabasco pepper sauce in your eyes.

2 Likes

Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by dimexy247(m): 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
shocked
Re: Osun Government Reverses Ban On Cross-over Services by asobo: 12:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
Happy crossover

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Passengers Overwhelm NRC On Lagos-kano Route / Gunmen Kidnap Heartland Staff, Three Others Killed In Edo / Pro-jang Governors Stop Him From Reading Communiqué

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.