Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,686 members, 7,823,933 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke (4578 Views)

EndSARS: The Soro Soke Radio Twitter Account Has Been Suspended / #endsars: Listen To Soro Soke Radio Anywhere, Anytime!! / Soro Soke: EndSARS Protesters Launch Online Radio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by shagking: 5:17pm On Dec 30, 2020
```My encounter with a prostitute
Daily Times Nigeria
23rd December 2020
Promise Adiele – Convener, Third Force Movement

In response to a notice inviting academic papers for publication in a foreign journal with the title “Vice or Virtue: Humanity and Professions”, I submitted an abstract. Five weeks later, my abstract was accepted with instructions to proceed with the paper. As a scholar interested in the dialectic, I was fascinated by the title of the notice due to the juxtaposition of the two words - Vice and Virtue. The diametric but complementary alignment of the two words bestirred my critical faculties. I decided to use Barnard Shaw’s play “Mrs. Warren’s Profession” as a template to interrogate the tensions of vice and virtue as opposites inextricably intertwined with each other. For those who may not know, “Mrs. Warren’s Profession” is a play that recounts the story of Mrs. Kitty Warren, a one-time prostitute who, through the proceeds of her profession, could send her daughter Vivie to University.

My interrogation of the issues raised in the play heightened my interest in prostitution and posed some questions to me. Do the proceeds from prostitution aid the enablement of what we see as a virtue in society? Can a prostitute ever change seeing that even when Mrs. Warren retired, she established a brothel to employ young girls, thereby advancing the debasing culture of sexual immorality? Do prostitutes pay tithes and offerings to churches for prosperity in their profession? Are there married men who defile the sanctity of their conjugal union by patronizing prostitutes? Are there married women who desecrate the spiritual altar of their marriage by exchanging their bodies for money and positions? Finally, what group of people constitutes the clientele of prostitution?

For answers to these questions, I decided to interview a prostitute. Opebi in Ikeja was the venue. Time was midnight, date 20th December 2020. Entering Opebi, I saw her. Standing on six inches heels, her clothes clung tightly to her body accentuating the seductive outlines of her provocative, sumptuous endowments. Her legs stood out like a well polished and chiselled piece of furniture. Her skin glittered under the semi-darkness of the night like the smoothness of the sea. The beauty of her physiognomy could disarm a whole satanic army. She was like the mythical mermaid from the depth of the ocean. As she walked, one would think she had no bones in her waist. Parts of her body shook as if they will disintegrate into multiple fragments, yet they were sewn and held together by an unseen hand. God is indeed the ultimate sculptor. I pulled over to her and stopped. Three other ladies rushed to my car but I already identified my prey. As if she knew I was hooked on her, she stood aside and waited patiently for me to dismiss the others, then she slowly cat-walked to my car. “Hi”, I blurted. “Good evening sir”, she replied, her sonorous voice making an instant impression on me.
She: Where are we going to and what can you offer?
Me: Well, my mission is different. I want to have a discussion with you for 30 minutes. I will pay you.
She: This is new. Are you a secret police agent?
Me: No, I am not. I am a lecturer, researching prostitution. I want to hear from the horse’s mouth, I have a recorder. I will ask you some questions.
She: I hope your recorder does not have a camera.
Me: No, it doesn’t, you can examine it.

Five minutes later, we found a table and two empty chairs beside a posh hotel. Instantly, I set out to work.
Me: What is your name?
She: My name is Cynthia. (The cynical smile that graced her face betrayed her efforts at honesty. After all did Mrs. Warren not disguise her true identity by adding a Mrs. to her name even though she wasn’t married? Disguise is an inexorable mark of prostitution)
Me: Let me admit that you are a beautiful young lady. I am wondering whether you are not thinking of getting married and having a family. I think any man will fall in love with you under normal circumstances.
She: I will marry when I want. First, I want to make money before starting a family.
Me: Do you think you will find a husband here?
She: No, not here. If I dress up properly and meet a man in a shopping mall, church or banking hall, will he know this side of me? The answer is no. Many of my colleagues here on the streets got married to highly placed people in the society. Some of you celebrate them. So I will marry when I want. (smiles)
Me: So tell me, why and how did you become a prostitute?
She: (Smiles.) Well, after my NCE, I proceeded to University to study Mass Communication. Then my father died. After my youth service, I got a job as a reporter with a national newspaper. For seven months, I was not paid any salary. With a widowed mother and three younger ones to take care of, life became difficult. One day, I was sent to the city to interview a politician. He liked me and for the first time, I slept in a five star hotel. He gave me good money and promised me lots of things. Well, he didn’t fulfil any of the promises and never picked my calls again. That taught me a lesson, politicians are established in deceit and failed promises. Then I hit the streets.
Me: (Nonplussed.) Don’t you think it is sheer moral depravity for you to pull your clothes for a stranger just because of money?
She: (Draws a long breath and sighs.) Well, everyone is guilty of moral depravity in this country.
Me: No, you can’t generalize in that way…
She: (Cuts in) Sir, what it takes me to pull my clothes for a stranger is what it takes any government or employer of labour to owe workers for several months without salaries. Moral depravity has no gradation. Moral depravity is when our leaders oversee the daily strangulation of the masses through economic hardship, watching our economy shrink, watching our people die like mosquitoes in the hands of terrorists and bandits with propaganda machinery to defend the ugly trend. Moral depravity is a selective fight against corruption when those who have despoiled this country to stupor walk the streets as free men while petty thieves languish in jail.
Me: Please, kindly answer my questions…
She: (Cuts in) Sir, it is the same moral depravities that will cause the deployment of soldiers to unleash mayhem on innocent protesters and consign youths to their early graves. Moral depravity is the tacit support for herdsmen who are killing people all over the country without a voice raised by the government, yet these murderers are not terrorists. Moral depravity is when we take loans from China, abandon our refineries but go to the Niger Republic to refine petroleum products which are in turn imported back to us. Suddenly the landlocked Niger Republic has become an oil-producing country. It is more than moral depravity, it is a shame. Mr Lecturer, please research the relationship between Nigeria and Niger Republic. I am aware some politicians from Niger Republic came here to campaign for Mr Buhari during the last election. There must be something about Mr Buhari and Nigeria Republic. Moral depravity is when a country finances terrorism by stage-managing a kidnap incident and paying the terrorists a whopping $4 million. Sir, how come none of the schoolboys could speak simple English, not even the head boy? Moral depravity is when a president addresses the so-called kidnapped schoolboys in Hausa instead of English, our lingua franca. It is either because the president cannot speak English or he knows the boys don’t understand English. Moral depravity is when the university system is shut down for a whole year while government officials have their children abroad in the best universities. Moral depravity is….
Me: Look, you must not….
She: (Cuts in) Wait sir let me finish. You asked about moral depravity and I am explaining it to you. Moral depravity is when lawmakers earn colossal amounts of money and are crippled by surplus while many people wallow in deprivations and are devastated by need.
Me: Look…you see…are you sure…
She: (Cuts in) You think because I stand on the road at night I don’t know what is happening in this country? Don’t forget I was once a journalist and I had a good education. Moral depravity is when some government officials Lai morbidly even in the face of glaring truth just to defend a bad government and keep their jobs. I am not more morally depraved than the politicians, lawyers, engineers, pastors, and businessmen who troop here every night to patronize prostitutes.
Me: It’s enough please, it’s...
She: (Cuts in) no, it’s not enough. Our people must rise to engage the politicians, the elected officeholders, public and private service providers, to hold them accountable, to rise against the daily criminality that goes on in government circles, courts, banks, police, military, and other public agencies.
Me: Our time is up. I shall visit you again and we will conclude this interview.
She: Hold on Mr. Lecturer, let me remind you that moral depravity includes all those who are quick to condemn prostitutes but are very slow to condemn an incompetent government. Anyone who looks away while our country is gradually being submerged by an unconscionable leadership is morally depraved. Anyone who fails to speak out against bad governance is morally depraved. Oga, our people must soro soke. The sophistry and hypocrisy in our country must stop. Nobody has any moral justification to condemn prostitution or armed robbery while supporting a more heinous and morally depraved government.
Me: (Completely dazed) I must leave now, thanks for your time. (With trembling fingers, I fidgeted into my pocket and paid her the agreed sum) I whispered to myself - into what dangers will research lead me?

Dr Adiele teaches in the Department of English, Mountain Top University promee01@yhaoo.com```

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gbetutv.com/my-encounter-with-a-prostitute-the-need-to-soro-soke/amp/

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:31pm On Dec 30, 2020
First of all, OP, who deemed prostitution to be an immoral act?

Who told you prostitutes are engaging in immorality, where did you learn this?

Is it true?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by CodeTemplar: 5:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
^^^Learn to at least skim through a post before assuming.
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 5:40pm On Dec 30, 2020
Kia, this journalist na Mumu.

Prostitute formulated a lie for him and he believed it.

Shame on the journalist.

There is nothing beautiful about a prostitute.

Does a prostitute understand morality, I doubt, no wonder, she is trying to guilt trap the journalist by calling everyone an hypocrite for not supporting a dangerous trade.

7 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 30, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Is it true?

All the religious books wrote that prostitution is bad and evil

Are you more intelligent than the writers of those books

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Ussycool: 5:46pm On Dec 30, 2020
I never ever in my life patronize these people. But i must said this, Nigerian government contribute alot to this devastating life of our youths...
Alot of intelligent graduates out there don't have a job nor support from government. Life is harsh because most youths can't even afford 3 square meals not to talk of some little responsibilities. What pushes some folks to join the bad gangs is well known but we don't want to address that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:50pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

My friend get lost abeg!

Are those writers the creators of pussy? Abi which kin nonsense be dis o?

Man has created sexdoll. As far im concerned man can write laws, dos and donts for his sexdolls.

Man did not create woman and such his input in her ways are null and untenable. God created this pussy, let him direct how it should be put to use and pass judgement on its misuse.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 5:51pm On Dec 30, 2020
CodeTemplar:
^^^Learn to at least skim through a post before assuming.

Are you talking to me
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 30, 2020
Arrrrrrrh

I love the context. The grammatical structure, the words, the flow of each word hitting each word to strike up a sentence. This are my kind of post that makes me to check the dictionary for meaning.

Now back to the post, I was in awe to see a prostitute speaking fluently, I am aware she went to school. But those English spoken by her mates can reduce her flow. I hope the OP didn't polish her English to fitin his context? cheesy

Prostitutions is not a legal thing. People falls into wrong ways when the right ways is closed.

10 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 30, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

My friend get lost abeg!

Man has created sexdoll. As far im concerned man can write laws, dos and donts for his sexdolls.

Man did not create woman and such his input in her ways are null and untenable. God created this pussy, let him direct how it should be put to use and pass judgement on its misuse.

What type of weed are you smoking

It is having a negative effect on you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 30, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Is it true?

Reprobate the truth and moral laws to fitin your bemused thought.

Well I can't say less but with this your thought you can't go far!
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Just avoid that guy, if a man can reprobate morals, I mean unviversal morals irrespective of one's religion or belief to suit his space then there's no need to drag words with him .

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
gaius01:

Reprobate the truth and moral laws to fitin your bemused thought.

Well I can't say less but with this your thought you can't go far!

Get lost!

Discuss your points on subject and quit psychoanalysing contributors. Freak!
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:19pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Discuss the topic abeg and stop focusing your response on me.

You cant say prostitution is immoral based simply on historical writing.

That same writing also condemned men that will not marry women to alleviate their hardship and support them financially. Why cant you see the irresponsibility of men in this regard as a valid input and root cause of women going into prostitution for self-support?

Freaks want to talk but have no valid points to talk on.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 30, 2020
Wow that prostitùte sounded like she had a Ph.D in philosophy

5k says Mr. Adiele wrote that fiction without leaving his mountain-top abode

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by IgiveFreebies: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
put a prostitute, just one prostitute to one side and put all the politicians to one side and ask me to save one. Without hesitation I'll go for the prostitute. Repeat it a hundred times and I will not change my choice.

2 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Okoroawusa: 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2020
I stopped reading when the "prostitute" started waxing political. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that we don't have educated prostitutes but the writer needn't invent a "prostitute" to highlight the ills of the society.

A good writer but his concept of using prostitution,a professional older than everyone in his village, is off.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by yaki84: 6:59pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

If they keep a prostitute and keep a politician, who will u pick?
Lets say a politician like diezani madueke?
Lets be truthful we r living in a world of different shades of colours.
We have prostitute who enter the trade cos of the imbalance and ills in the system. A system that u need to know someone before u can gain admission i to university, a sytem that encourages favouritism instead of merit, a system that discriminate between ethnic, tribal, religious and party line.
If i were a lady today, would have been a prostitute cos i cant be educated, unemployed and the society am living encourages and pushes young and vibrant youths to do ills, vices.
Who recruits young men to go snatch ballot boxes, cause mayhem during electioneering process?
Is it prostitutes?

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by bjtinz: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2020
Okoroawusa:
I stopped reading when the "prostitute" started waxing political. Don't get me wrong. I am not saying that we don't have educated prostitutes but the writer needn't invent a "prostitute" to highlight the ills of the society.

A good writer but his concept of using prostitution,a professional older than everyone in his village, is off.

You don't believe they can be that educated or exposed?

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Okoroawusa: 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2020
bjtinz:

You don't believe they can be that educated or exposed?

Read my comment again... slowly
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2020
yaki84:

If they keep a prostitute and keep a politician, who will u pick?
Lets say a politician like diezani madueke?
Lets be truthful we r living in a world of different shades of colours.
We have prostitute who enter the trade cos of the imbalance and ills in the system. A system that u need to know someone before u can gain admission i to university, a sytem that encourages favouritism instead of merit, a system that discriminate between ethnic, tribal, religious and party line.
If i were a lady today, would have been a prostitute cos i cant be educated, unemployed and the society am living encourages and pushes young and vibrant youths to do ills, vices.
Who recruits young men to go snatch ballot boxes, cause mayhem during electioneering process?
Is it prostitutes?

So a girl enter prostitution because of inbalance or because of laziness and greed

What stops the girl from working as a waitress or sales girl

So how about the women who are struggling to meet ends but are not into prostitution.

Dont let that lazy girl in the article guilt trap to support her evil doings.

She is evil, she claim she had an education, what stops her from following the footsteps of other ladies not selling their bodies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

Discuss the topic abeg and stop focusing your response on me.

You cant say prostitution is immoral based simply on historical writing.

That same writing also condemned men that will not marry women to alleviate their hardship and support them financially. Why cant you see the irresponsibility of men in this regard as a valid input and root cause of women going into prostitution for self-support?

Freaks want to talk but have no valid points to talk on.

You mean the religious books didn't see the ills of prostitution before writing about it.

So it is men job to alleviate women from poverty??

Dude are you daft,so men are irresponsible for not alleviating a woman with 2 legs and 2 hands, working eye sites from poverty.

They need to check your brain.

You can as well go marry the prostitute to save her from hawking her body instead of working like other normal humans are doing.

Instead of the woman to blame her laziness and bad choices for going into prostitution, she is blaming men.

Go save her.
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by poiZon: 7:48pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

So a girl enter prostitution because of inbalance or because of laziness and greed

What stops the girl from working as a waitress or sales girl

So how about the women who are struggling to meet ends but are not into prostitution.

Dont let that lazy girl in the article guilt trap to support her evil doings.

She is evil, she claim she had an education, what stops her from following the footsteps of other ladies not selling their bodies.

Ladies like regina daniels right?
Dont know why that foolish moderator will ban me for a simple opinion.
I didnt insult anybody...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by capitalzero: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Shame on the journalist.

Does a prostitute understand morality, I doubt, no wonder, she is trying to guilt trap the journalist by calling everyone an hypocrite for not supporting a dangerous trade.

Prostitution, fraud , fornication, adultery , homosexuality , ying, murder , dishonedty , deceit are under the same bracket of sin.
#absolute morality
#say no to moral relativism
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by FarahAideed: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2020
I hate this kind of writing technique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 8:13pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You mean the religious books didn't see the ills of prostitution before writing about it.

So it is men job to alleviate women from poverty??

Dude are you daft,so men are irresponsible for not alleviating a woman with 2 legs and 2 hands, working eye sites from poverty.

They need to check your brain.

You can as well go marry the prostitute to save her from hawking her body instead of working like other normal humans are doing.

Instead of the woman to blame her laziness and bad choices for going into prostitution, she is blaming men.

Go save her.

You see how quickly you changed from citing holy writings to weighing gender resourcefullness when I introduced men culpability?

You are not sincere.

The same holy book that condemned prostitution also condemned men who refuse to take women for wives.

Now that you have a more balanced view, whivh you are dodging, Im also going to switch to your new theory on resourcefullness and declare to you that pussy is resourcefull when it employs itself in prostitution. It refuses to wait for yoursupport. Deal with it!

This is for you, from UN.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by EmekaA125(m): 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2020
There's no explanable excuse for prostitution.
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by tommy589(m): 10:11pm On Dec 30, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Shame on the journalist.

Complete mumu. Too much watch of pretty woman movie dey affect am

Is this what research is?

Interview them from here to Timbuktu, it is the same storyline you will hear if you are a new customer. To get the truth,your first meet should strictly be business without question. Continuous patronage may bring out some truths on what led her to prostitution.
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 30, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

You see how quickly you changed from citing holy writings to weighing gender resourcefullness when I introduced men culpability?

You are not sincere.

The same holy book that condemned prostitution also condemned men who refuse to take women for wives.

Now that you have a more balanced view, whivh you are dodging, Im also going to switch to your new theory on resourcefullness and declare to you that pussy is resourcefull when it employs itself in prostitution. It refuses to wait for yoursupport. Deal with it!

This is for you, from UN.

How am i insincere.

We were not talking about the religious book.

And there is no where in the religious books where it is written that a man needs to save a woman from poverty by marrying her.

Prostitution is evil, you the exploiter see the vaginal as resourceful because you are in there for exploitatio, anyway, the religious books condemn exploiters like you.
Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by Tessy27834809: 11:16pm On Dec 30, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:

My friend get lost abeg!

grin grin. Weyrey

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With A Prostitute – The Need To Soro Soke by AsiwajuNdigbo: 12:06am On Dec 31, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

How am i insincere.

We were not talking about the religious book.

And there is no where in the religious books where it is written that a man needs to save a woman from poverty by marrying her.

Prostitution is evil, you the exploiter see the vaginal as resourceful because you are in there for exploitatio, anyway, the religious books condemn exploiters like you.

Come and swear you have never fukced and rewarded the pussy. Oya swear...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Video: Buhari Stopped Us From Eliminating Boko Haram - American Soldier / BREAKING!!! Nigeria Airforce Jet Mistakenly Bombs Wedding Ceremony / Ebonyi: PDP/APGA petitions fail as tribunal re-affirms APC's Nwifuru as Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.