Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,990 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Foundational Cause Of The Nigerian Society Rot - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foundational Cause Of The Nigerian Society Rot (179 Views)

Onnoghen’s Trial, Proof Of Deeper Rot In Judiciary – SANs / Family Disagrees Over Report On Cause Of Alex Badeh's Death / Ogboni Society Congratulates Rochas Okorocha Of Imo State (Throwback Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Foundational Cause Of The Nigerian Society Rot by HolarQD(m): 12:45pm On Dec 31, 2020
It has often been said that my generation was a very lucky one. And I agree. My luck was actually quite extraordinary. And it began quite early. The pace of change in Nigeria from 1940s was incredible. I am not just talking about the rate of development, with villages transforming to towns, or the coming of modern comforts, such as electricity or running water or modes of transportation, but more of the sense that we were standing figuratively and literally at the dawn of a new era - Chinua Achebe, There was a country.

Just imagine it, free education, free or close to free transportation, readily available scholarship for students. Everything was on a platter of Gold for that generation, yet they couldn’t even maintain an independence that they didn’t fought a war to get.

Incase you meet someone that fits in to that generation and the person tries to say anything about this current generation youths, just show the person that extract from Chinua Achebe and ask what’s the outcome of that generation.

Corruption unfortunately started from the very generation that asked for independence in Nigeria.

There was truly a country.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Are Your Expectations In Year 2021? / Vote For State Governor Of The Year 2020 - Housing Development / Despite Gulping N9.87m Inoma Primary Health Care Centre Locked In Anambra West L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.