Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

The Main Thing In Life - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Main Thing In Life (2322 Views)

The Main Message Of The Bible: The Major Reason The Bible Was Written / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life / The RCCG Church Lekki Were Maids Are Not Allowed To Enter The Main Auditorium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 7:49pm On Feb 14, 2021
Knocked severally.
BassReeves:
1 Corinthians 10:1-14
'1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.
5But with many of them God was not well pleased:
for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples:
and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man:
but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able;
but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
14Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
'

Lust, doesn’t always have a negative use and so can be a good thing, so long as you are lusting after those things that God wants you to lust after
Re: The Main Thing In Life by BassReeves: 7:52pm On Feb 14, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
Knocked severally.
Sorry, I am going into the virtual thing I told you about. Its starting in 5 mins and will hold for one hour. Sorry will be back in there circa 8pm your time
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 7:53pm On Feb 14, 2021
BassReeves:
Sorry, I am going into the virtual thing I told you about. Its starting in 5 mins and will hold for one hour. Sorry will be back in there circa 8pm your time
Alright
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 9:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
Love has no racial boundaries.
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 10:05pm On Feb 17, 2021

God is love!
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 10:08am On Feb 20, 2021
Why pay so much for hatred when you can love easily and cheaply?

Why give yourself unnecessary high blood pressure cos you can't let go of that bitterness against your wife, husband, colleague etc?

Give love a chance, give God a chance. Allow the Spirit of Christ into your heart and there and then you will know how cheap love is.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.
Re: The Main Thing In Life by BassReeves: 5:57pm On Feb 20, 2021
Bodydiialect57:

Bodydiialect57:
God is love!

Bodydiialect57:
Why pay so much for hatred when you can love easily and cheaply?

Why give yourself unnecessary high blood pressure cos you can't let go of that bitterness against your wife, husband, colleague etc?

Give love a chance, give God a chance. Allow the Spirit of Christ into your heart and there and then you will know how cheap love is.

Don't miss the forest for the trees.
Allow love to be cultivated, allow love to flourish, allow love to thrive, allow love to blossom without discrimination. God is love. Love is not cheap. Love is costly, which is why many cant afford it.

Why pay so much ignorance when you can love easily and affordably? Why give yourself unnecessary high blood pressure because you can't let go of that unjust resentment at that woman, man, colleague, neighbour etc?

1 Like

Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 9:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
BassReeves:

Allow love to be cultivated, allow love to flourish, allow love to thrive, allow love to blossom without discrimination. God is love. Love is not cheap. Love is costly, which is why many cant afford it.

Why pay so much ignorance when you can love easily and affordably? Why give yourself unnecessary high blood pressure because you can't let go of that unjust resentment at that woman, man, colleague, neighbour etc?

In comparison to hatred and dislike for others, love is very cheap.
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2021
Sometimes things break,

Sometimes stars fade,

All that lives forever is love.

God is love.

That's the main thing!
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 8:47pm On Mar 02, 2021
A lover is a winner who is willing to risk not being like others to rise above others.

Loving others and expressing that love verbally can entail great risk.

To love is to risk not being loved in return, love anyway.

That's the main thing!
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 1:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
The winners' circle is drawn by the ink of LOVE.

Get in it and be the winner God created you to be, for you're not really living until you're loving.

That's the main thing!
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 3:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
Before I spoke a word, You were singing over me
You have been so, so good to me
Before I took a breath, You breathed Your life in me
You have been so so kind to me

Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God
Oh, it chases me down, fights 'til I'm found, leaves the 99
And I couldn't earn it
I don't deserve it, still You give yourself away
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending, reckless love of God

When I was Your foe, still Your love fought for me
You have been so, so good to me
When I felt no worth, You paid it all for me
You have been so, so kind to me
Oh, the overwhelming, never-ending reckless love of God
And I couldn't earn it
I don't deserve it, still You give yourself away

There's no shadow You won't light up
Mountain You won't climb up
Coming after me
There's no wall You won't kick down
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

Coming after me
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

Coming after me
Lie You won't tear down
Coming after me

I couldn't earn it, I don't deserve it, still You give yourself away
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 3:40pm On May 09, 2021
To love someone who hates you, you need Yahashua.

Love, that's the main thing!
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 7:29pm On May 12, 2021
What can we do for someone even against our intrinsic instincts?

Everyone we have chosen not to forgive deserves forgiveness.

Love is not the practice of loving beautiful people. True love is shown by being willing to truly love those that many looked down upon.

Jesus Christ demonstrated true love for while we are yet sinners, He died for us.

Love, that's the main thing!
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 6:36pm On Jun 14, 2021
You may be hated for any or no reason, but don't give way to hating. Let love rule your heart.
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 10:15pm On Jun 14, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
The winners' circle is drawn by the ink of LOVE.

Get in it and be the winner God created you to be, for you're not really living until you're loving.

That's the main thing!

So true..
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2021
Ola Rotimi, in his book "Ovonrawen Nogbaisi',said,

" To love someone who does not love you in return is like shaking a huge iroko tree to make a tiny dew drop falls".

He opined that loving and not being love back is not only an arduous task but also futile.
God kind of love is different from the image or opinion of Ola Rotimi, for God loved us even while we were yet His enemies. When this kind of love envelopes the heart of a man, such will love and if such gesture isn't reciprocated, will still love anyway.

Love even when not love in return.

You are a winner if you do.

That's the main thing!

LOVE!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
You can’t have God without loving all those whom God loves, because God is love. When you invite Jesus Christ into your heart, be ready to welcome Him and His friends. Who are His friends?

The rich and poor, old and young, male and female, well and sick, Jew, Samaritan, Babalawos Roman, Gentile. He loved thieves, prostitutes, tax collectors, lepers. Sinners all.

And the righteous people spat out their condemnation, “This man welcomes sinners, and eats with them.” And they were right. He did. Mark 2:16.

If you truly love God, you will love those He loves.

That is the main thing!
So true
Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 9:05pm On Oct 04, 2021
Brighten the corner where you are.

1 Like

Re: The Main Thing In Life by Bodydiialect57: 9:06pm On Oct 04, 2021
Bodydiialect57:
Love should not only be said, it must be demonstrated. It is proactive, practical, and personal. It must be seen and heard.

A simple touch can convey an awesome sense of love, affirmation, and acceptance. To maintain physical and emotional health, according to a study, men and women need eight to ten meaningful touches each day. Meaningful touch like a gentle tap or stroke on a friend's shoulder, an husband planting a kiss on the wife's lips or a welcoming hug to a dear one after the day's work. These touches should be given by a significant other.

Caution, however must be exercised in touching anyone of the opposite sex in a professional and some personal relationships.

Dr. Dolores Kreiger, a professor of nursing at a New York University, has made numerous studies on the effect of human touch. Red blood cells carry a substance called hemoglobin, which carries oxygen to the body's tissues.

She found that both the toucher and the touched receive great physiological benefit. Hemoglobin levels in the blood streams of both people increase when one lays hand on the other. As hemoglobin levels rise, body tissues receive more oxygen. This oxygen increase invigorates both parties and can even aid in healing process.

It's not a burden, give the touch!

Have you hugged your kids today?

Relationship, that's the main thing.

Yes, relationship, a good one at that!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jesus Christ The White Man's 419 (there Was No Jesus) / Meet Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola - The Man That Started The First Christian Revi / The Canaanites Survived. Lebanese Have Over 90% Of Their Dna. Science 1 Bible 0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.