Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. (10047 Views)

Slay Queen Gives Life To Christ, Burns Her Make-Ups, Wigs & Trousers (Photos) / Former Prince Of 'ISIS' Turns To Christ After A God Dream: 'I Saw A Love That... / Pastor Adeboye Visits Samoa, Head Of State And Others Give Life To Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by IME1: 8:39am On Jan 03, 2021
So long as it is wise and instructed by God's Spirit, go to church. There are still churches where devouring lions and wolves keep off. Find one and never neglect the gathering of brethren.

God uses preachers and various other encounters to reach His elect, just stay watchful and prayerful.
I pray for everyone not yet born again,
"May you have a divine encounter, conviction of the Word and surrender to Jesus Christ the only Son of God, amen."

Your story, His glory.

A display of His glory, that’s what the story of your life, is.
Like a tapestry, woven by a master weaver,
Like a piece of sculpture crafted by the finest of artisans,
Like a book written by the most talented of authors,
Like masterpiece composed by the most gifted of composers,
This is the very way the Father appreciates you
And by His estimation, your life is beautiful in every way.
Because when He looks inside you, to the innermost part of your being,
When He looks outwards to the part most people see and hate or love,
When He remembers your name or the number of hairs on your head,
He remembers the purpose that required your creation.
The reasons why not just planet earth, but your tribe in particular, cried for a son.
Why you had to be born at the time and place you where born.
Why you had to grow up the way you did,
What He has done so far and why you are still a work in progress
He knows how far you have come, He also knows how far you are yet to go
Like a book, He’s read you from start to finish
And because the days of your life are spread out before Him thus,
Because He set the plot, He knows the sequence, down to the minutest details
Every detail; woven, crafted, composed and written by His very hands,
When it seems life is a puzzle and you are merely fumbling through the motions,
He nods in approval, like a connoisseur tasting fine wine.
His heart leaps when things go according to His original blue print for your life
But His heart breaks when you stray from His plot of this beautiful story called your life.
However, because He is your maker, He knows the details of your design.
And because He loves you, He‘d fit the pieces of the puzzle together
Every experience, every encounter, is piece,
Either sent by the enemy to mar you
Or by the Father to make you the man He always knew you’d become
In the end, let His grandest scheme be achieved in your life, let your story be His glory.

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by hopefulLandlord: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2021
g
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by makjo900: 8:40am On Jan 03, 2021
The subject should be share how a Nigerian(black man) gave his life to an isreali(Jew). Only foooolish people do this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 03, 2021
I went to a family friend's house to stay for a while, every morning we wake up, she preaches, we sing and pray. Her preaching pierce through my soul and I decided to give my life totally to Christ, she also gave me a daily devotional to read everyday and a prayer book. God bless her soul.

7 Likes

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Poloyanabo2(m): 8:47am On Jan 03, 2021
I was brought up in an extremely Christian and conservative home, so I've given my life to Christ as far back as I know,
But I do reconsecrate myself from time to time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Shadysen: 8:48am On Jan 03, 2021
Chidorx60:
Funny enough....nobody led me to Christ in any special one on one prayer...
Although I do come out for altar call, sometimes geniunly and other times for mischievous reasons...

But as at the time I really became serious...I just decided to follow this God I have been hearing about...because I looked at my life and discover that it was fruitless and miserable and that if I continue living like that I won't have a bright future....I entered Christianity hoping that God will turn my life around...and as of now...five years later that is exactly what he did...my God has proved himself to me many times..and as of now...there is no going back into the life of sin
how do you do it,by going to church ?
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Shadysen: 8:51am On Jan 03, 2021
am still waiting for the day God will bring a miracle in my life, anxiously waiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by 2010goingon: 9:02am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:
Good day beloved friends,
Its always a beautiful testimony when one accepts Christ based on an encounter without any preacher. Saul who later became the chiefest of the Apostles had such an experience. He usually spoke of this experience in his witnessing.

So let's hear more on this matter.
Thanks.
Happy new year!

Praise be to you

May you be joined with thy lord at the earliest and depart earth at the very moment for thy lords embrace , amen .

I will speak of my experience

My neighbour is a priest , his wife who is part of the choir and is a dedicated servant of lord

She has been making a effort to bring the light of jesus into young boys

Oneday in the evening after service in church she commanded me in jesus name to receive his long lasting grace

She took me in her embrace in jesus name and kept shouting oh jesus oh jesus in great fervor

My whole world trembled , I trembled , she trembled , and I lost control and she screamed his name out ohhhhhh jessssssssus and then I saw a bright light , stars exploded in my mind , uncontrollable pleasure swept my body , as I felt the doors to the heaven open and I am right in heaven with angels at my side as screams of oooh jesus ooooh jesus harder harder , In jesus name harderrrrrr rang in my ear untill I fainted .

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Plut01: 9:06am On Jan 03, 2021

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new
creation; old things have passed away; behold,
all things have become new."

I gave my life to Christ when I was in primary 5 some decades agogrin Since then, Baba God dey enjoy me, me seff dey enjoy am.

In short we dey enjoy each other. Hallelujah anyonewink

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by 2010goingon: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2021
makjo900:
The subject should be share how a Nigerian(black man) gave his life to an isreali(Jew). Only foooolish people do this

Rule no 1

Never talk sense among nonsense people

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Truefaith: 9:08am On Jan 03, 2021
bgn
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Shortyy(f): 9:09am On Jan 03, 2021
God has saved me countless times, even when I don't deserve him.

I'm grateful to him forever. smiley

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by backnbeta(f): 9:10am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

You are just quoting the Bible.
Religious people have also died miserably.
But I am not religious anymore.
Ultimately, I cannot specify when I will die.
Different journeys, different grace... different level of faith sir. Please don't give up on Him, increase your level of faith undecided

@OP, I guess my lifestyle and the fact that I was born into a Christian family made it easy for me to take the decision to continue to worship Him and serve Him even better than before.

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by DrBrainstorm(m): 9:11am On Jan 03, 2021
iamvictorbassey:
Via DHL.
grin

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by BreconHills(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

What do you mean by giving your life to christ let us discuss so others can learn

What does that phrase mean at all?

You spend so much time with fancy words and drama but never truthful.deeds

Our lord jesus christ never concerned himself with these sort of phrases acts of drama ..he was simple and said we should be simple like children

If you will do good and live a good life then do so

No drama or crying on stage needed anything more than yes or no is falsehood

Is there any living creature that doesn't know Lord jesus is the son of God? No
Or you saying it loud means you believe in him more ? All that is falsehood

Be simple and true.. most people don't even know how to pray

They shout loud and make noise and speak nonsense and call it prayer

I know witchcraft tongue and your so called speaking in tongues sounds so similar it makes me wonder.

Lord jesus christ never did all.that.. you guys invented such 5o add to the spectacle circus display you do in churches to gain more followers and money

Learn how to pray properly again.. look at the simplicity in the powerful prayer he thought us "The Lord's prayer"

You can't pray that loud like a.mad man ,it's a simple gentle quiet prayer

Use that to learn how to pray again in silence not loud like lunatics

The phrase "give your life" is not expressly found in the bible and has in consequence become somewhat bastardized. It is however implied in every call that Jesus made to his disciples. They all had to leave their self focused agendas and plans in exchange for a kingdom focused agenda. This definition of discipleship has gradually moved from Christ to membership of the denomination.

Christ found me on a summers day in Essex England. That same morning I had a furious argument with my brother about salvation. I felt that one needed to do worthy deeds that would be recognised by God. I sat on a couch stewing in my anger and my eyes fell on a radio bible class pamphlet - "Why Christ had to die" As I read through, it was like my mind became opened yo the free gift of salvation. I fell to my knees and offered myself to him without reservation. Joy filled my heart and I received a voracious appetite for anything and everything concerning Jesus. My brother returned home to find me asking for baptism!! On my way back to Nigeria, I sent my luggage into the aircraft hold but I carried my bibles, hymn books and Christian videos as hand luggage. I did not mind losing my new shirts and shoes but I guarded everything connected with him. This was well before the internet so hard copy books and VHS videos were the thing.

I understand your umbrage at most of what passes for Christ follower but I have found grace not to be angry. It really depends on how one was birthed and the early influences one was exposed to. Irrespective all those who love him and follow him are my brothers and sisters even if I do not agree with their doctrine. Once they believe in the fundamentals, virgin birth, sinless nature, atonement, resurrection and his return - the rest is details. I love him more than I can say. He is my treasure and my wealth.

8 Likes

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by ibuildstuff(m): 9:12am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:

The God I serve and call never fails. Are you going to die because others did?
Everyone will die
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by ibuildstuff(m): 9:14am On Jan 03, 2021
paulolee:
had been hearing different messages or preachings from numerous preachers and it didnt moved me like what happened when I excaped a ghastly accident..
planned visiting a bea to spend the weekend with 3 of my friends because they stay in the same hood n they were planning to go see their parents..
we were standing in the garage waiting for a cab, I tried making call but no airtime n I crossed to the other side of the road to buy, then I hear a loud bang..
a big truck failed break with full speed from behind jammed all of those waiting towards a fence and I saw it happened with my eyes and dt was the shock of my life..
they were 5 deaths and all injured, one of my guy died n d other is still on wheel chair but it wasn't easy because I was down with the trauma for months.
till today all my street guys that heard the story all believed that i am diabolic n used spiritual powers to escape that crash and those words drew me the more to CHRIST bcoz na GOD run am for me..
Na fear just dey worry u
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Benny93: 9:18am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:
Its always a beautiful testimony when one accepts Christ based on an encounter without any preacher. Saul who later became the chiefest of the Apostles had such an experience. He usually spoke of this experience in his witnessing.

Thanks.
Happy new year!

there is a faithful day I was walking around my school I was in finals then, I was reflecting on the life style of my mother. she's fervent in things of God, in the night wen all are sleeping she will be praying and anointing us even though we're fast at sleep, in the morning she wake us up for morning devotion and also pray for us wen we are going out etc now that faithful day was reflecting on all this things I was speaking to myself that my father is late n my mum is the head of the family n not just head but also in spiritually aspect and I said I would like to do the same to my children because I wouldn't like my wife or anyone to be pushing me around to do the things of God rather I want to set the pace as the head of the family so it is better I start now so before then it will be a life style.

this is how my love for God grew, the life style of my mum becomes my yardstick for living. but right now the goal is to be better than her.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by salt1: 9:23am On Jan 03, 2021
The day I made peace with God. I had been feeling condemned and miserable but as I confessed the bad things I had done to God in a private prayer and promised Him I won't go back to them, I felt such indescribable joy.
More education has come, the dream job, the kids, the house/houses and a few odd millions have all come.
But nothing matches the joy of that day.
That experience reminds me everyday that God is real

3 Likes

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by HelpYourself(m): 9:31am On Jan 03, 2021
BreconHills:

The phrase "give your life" is not expressly found in the bible and has in consequence become somewhat bastardized. It is however implied in every call that Jesus made to his disciples. They all had to leave their self focused agendas and plans in exchange for a kingdom focused agenda. This definition of discipleship has gradually moved from Christ to membership of the denomination.

Christ found me on a summers day in Essex England. That same morning I had a furious argument with my brother about salvation. I felt that one needed to do worthy deeds that would be recognised by God. I sat on a couch stewing in my anger and my eyes fell on a radio bible class pamphlet - "Why Christ had to die" As I read through, it was like my mind became opened yo the free gift of salvation. I fell to my knees and offered myself to him without reservation. Joy filled my heart and I received a voracious appetite for anything and everything concerning Jesus. My brother returned home to find me asking for baptism!! On my way back to Nigeria, I sent my luggage into the aircraft hold but I carried my bibles, hymn books and Christian videos as hand luggage. I did not mind losing my new shirts and shoes but I guarded everything connected with him. This was well before the internet so hard copy books and VHS videos were the thing.

I understand your umbrage at most of what passes for Christ follower but I have found grace not to be angry. It really depends on how one was birthed and the early influences one was exposed to. Irrespective all those who love him and follow him are my brothers and sisters even if I do not agree with their doctrine. Once they believe in the fundamentals, virgin birth, sinless nature, atonement, resurrection and his return - the rest is details. I love him more than I can say. He is my treasure and my wealth.

Like I said

Pay less emphasis to the theatrical bruv but I don't understand your passion and pray for more enlightenment to you and us all brother.

We should be friends. Have a lovely weekend my man

Be safe always

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by femi4: 9:32am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:

Thanks.
Happy new year!
There is always a preacher, probably indirect preacher. It might be messages you ve heard many years ago or what you over heard

1 Like

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by farem: 9:44am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:

Thanks.
Happy new year!

Romans 10:14-15 (KJV) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?
And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Having quoted the above, I established the fact that, according to the Bible, no one will be saved without a preacher. The only EXCEPTION are those that are shut out of the reach of the spread of the gospel of our Lord Jesus. Therefore, if anyone here is misconstruing it to mean that he or she does not need a preacher when he/she is not part of the exception above, they are eternally lost!
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Sweeterthansuga: 9:46am On Jan 03, 2021
Wake up africans and stop believing in foreign gods

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by GOVERNMENT2: 9:52am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:

Thanks.
Happy new year!
HOW CAN YOU GIVE YOUR LIFE TO MESSENGER OF GOD, A MERE MORTAL LIKE YOU undecided
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Dreyton36: 9:57am On Jan 03, 2021
Scam
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by GOVERNMENT2: 10:01am On Jan 03, 2021
Shortyy:
God has saved me countless times, even when I don't deserve him.

I'm grateful to him forever. smiley
WHICH OF THE gods undecided
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 10:04am On Jan 03, 2021
HellVictorinho:

He has failed to answer some till they died.
I wonder what it is that makes human think he is so special that the creator created him in his own image put him to duel in an average planet at the edge of the universe. Out of trillions other planets and possibly countless of other life in limitless universe, he chose earth & human.
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by anochuko01(m): 10:05am On Jan 03, 2021
I had just gotten admission into higher institution at 18yrs, however, a few days after that admission, i had a dream where a woman said to me that "you better give your life to Christ before its too late". she didnt say it to threaten me, it was like an advice that came from a person who loved me so much.
well, at that point i knew i had no choice again. Events that happened right from the day i stepped my legs in school till i left would easily tell you that God had planned for me way ahead of time... NO REGRETS

4 Likes

Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by MadamExcellency: 10:11am On Jan 03, 2021
hbsilencer:

Why are you bringing other people into this matter. Don't classify God based on others because He won't judge based on others. I'm not talking of smoothness of journey anyways, anyone who says give your life to Christ so that you life will be better is not wrong ooo, but that's not my message, I'm saying make your relationship with God first. If a believer is ignorant, he will die miserably... God is not Father Christmas and He is not running a socialist economy. He has promised us a lot, but we must grow and position ourselves in order to get them. May God grant us more understanding, religion is not ultimate, walk with God is.

Please don't misunderstand wealth and lack of it as any sign of God's love for his children. He loves all his children equally.

What matters most to God is the level of relationship and commitment to him. God likes spending time with His children. God is holy and the pure in heart sees him. Heavenly riches got nothing to do with perishable investments and acquisitions.

One can spend his time serving God while still poor and get the heavenly realms fulfilment that no sinner has ever witnessed. It's so splendid, awesome and inspiring any time, any day.

I feel like I am in heaven already. God, my father let's discuss mysteries, your voice gives me life beyond the physical.

Woww
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2021
Nairobi33:

I wonder what it is that makes human think he is so special that the creator created him in his own image put him to duel in an average planet at the edge of the universe. Out of trillions other planets and possibly countless of other life in limitless universe, he chose earth & human.
Actually,the universe has limits since it is SOMETHING.
I also believe there is no reason why religiousity enters the heads of people.
I think it just happens.
Ultimately, the way it enters is the same as the way it leaves( by chance ).
Re: Share How You Gave Your Life To Christ Without Any Preacher. by mywells: 10:17am On Jan 03, 2021
There some places I use to go,I go there no more,some food I use to eat I eat them no more,some words I use to say I say them no,and there some other things I can not mention to avoid qoutes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Inside Life: Tb Joshua Commits Suicide Taking His Own Life - Olunloyo / Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God? / NASA Found Message From God Written On Tablets In A Martian Cave

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.