Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,334 members, 7,850,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! (1118 Views)

The Holy Spirit Is Omnipotent, Omnipresent And Omniscient / The Holy Spirit Is Still At Work / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 6:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hi there.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Where did I say that Jesus was "a kind of God"?

God is Spirit, of course. I'm not sure what confusion there is in that. What that means is just that God is not made of any material that this creation is made of. The "substance" of God is Spirit. This is true of all Persons of God -- of the Father, of Jesus, and of the Holy Spirit. They are all Spirit. The difference with Jesus is that He also acquired a created nature so He is both Spirit and human unlike the other Two.

So if God was not made of any material that this creation is made of , how come he took the nature of the human(made of creation) manifested in birth of Jesus? Is this not absolutely contradictory?

God is spirit ! Yes
Something is not quite right with the factor Jesus. That's my point
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 6:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
Jman24:

So if God was not made of any material that this creation is made of , how come he took the nature of the human(made of creation) manifested in birth of Jesus? Is this not absolutely contradictory?

God is spirit ! Yes
Something is not quite right with the factor Jesus. That's my point

Please understand that I don't take responsibility for what anyone wants to or doesn't want to believe. If you cannot accept something as true, I'm fine with your choice to reject it. I'm really not invested in your choices. They're entirely your prerogative.

I see nothing contradictory in God putting on human flesh. Why that is a problem is something I really don't know. Is it impossible for a king to humble himself to peasantry for a little while? We humans manage that quite well, but somehow this is something contradictory when God does it?

I believe that God added a human nature to His divine one in order to die for us. It doesn't confuse me or leave me incredulous. It makes sense to me. It makes sense to all those who are being saved. I don't really know how I can help you if you find it contradictory.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by donnie(m): 7:06pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wetin we nor go read for NL? See wetin Christianity cause. undecided
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
The holy spirit is not Jesus for crying out loud, the holy spirit is a person, holy Trinity one God. God the father, God the son and God the holy spirit.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 9:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hi there.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Where did I say that Jesus was "a kind of God"?

God is Spirit, of course. I'm not sure what confusion there is in that. What that means is just that God is not made of any material that this creation is made of. The "substance" of God is Spirit. This is true of all Persons of God -- of the Father, of Jesus, and of the Holy Spirit. They are all Spirit. The difference with Jesus is that He also acquired a created nature so He is both Spirit and human unlike the other Two.

My brother I'm only asking a question. Isn't it contradictory to say God who is also a spirit who is not made of any material (from creation) manifested himself (jesus) in a human nature ?
My brother check am naa .
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 9:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
donnie:
Wetin we nor go read for NL? See wetin Christianity cause. undecided

Hahahaha. We trying to be as rational as possible.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Janosky: 9:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Bros Bing, what else is there to add ?

Your 3 spirits deity devotees are already calling you a LIAR.
So be it. cheesy grin
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Theguided: 10:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
Holy spirit is jesus again?!.. shocked
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by AntiChristian: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
God the father is spirit.
God the spirit is spirit.
God the son is spirit plus flesh.
Angels are spirits.
The elders are spirits
Demons/Satan/Lucifer are spirit but can carry human shapes.

Only Biblical Jesus, demons, Satan are different as they can take human forms.

But how is the son able to change to human yet the father can't do the same?

Doesn't this make Jesus even superior?
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Theguided: 10:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Please understand that I don't take responsibility for what anyone wants to or doesn't want to believe. If you cannot accept something as true, I'm fine with your choice to reject it. I'm really not invested in your choices. They're entirely your prerogative.

I see nothing contradictory in God putting on human flesh. Why that is a problem is something I really don't know. Is it impossible for a king to humble himself to peasantry for a little while? We humans manage that quite well, but somehow this is something contradictory when God does it?

I believe that God added a human nature to His divine one in order to die for us. It doesn't confuse me or leave me incredulous. It makes sense to me. It makes sense to all those who are being saved. I don't really know how I can help you if you find it contradictory.

The definition of God is eternal, i.e no beginning and no end. A man that has a date of birth has a beginning. God becoming a man is a contradiction. It's like a bachelor getting married and still being called a bachelor. The very definition of a bachelor is an unmarried man. Saying a bachelor got married made him no longer a bachelor. The same way saying God became a man no longer makes the man God.. The only true GOD is the Creator of heaven and earth. The creator of all the creation. The creator that sent all the prophets to tell us about him and they did just that and man turned Jesus (peace be upon him) a creation of God to God when Jesus didn't say that. How long do you think it would take Jesus to just say the "I am God, worship me". He lived 30something years (according to the bible) and he missed out the most important message the Christians claim today. I don't think he was trying to be humble. He is a servant of God not God. Worship his God
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 10:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
Theguided:

The definition of God is eternal, i.e no beginning and no end. A man that has a date of birth has a beginning. God becoming a man is a contradiction. It's like a bachelor getting married and still being called a bachelor. The very definition of a bachelor is an unmarried man. Saying a bachelor got married made him no longer a bachelor. The same way saying God became a man no longer makes the man God.. The only true GOD is the Creator of heaven and earth. The creator of all the creation. The creator that sent all the prophets to tell us about him and they did just that and man turned Jesus (peace be upon him) a creation of God to God when Jesus didn't say that. How long do you think it would take Jesus to just say the "I am God, worship me". He lived 30something years (according to the bible) and he missed out the most important message the Christians claim today. I don't think he was trying to be humble. He is a servant of God not God. Worship his God

This is direct and makes more sense
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 10:06am On Jan 03, 2021
Jman24:

My brother I'm only asking a question. Isn't it contradictory to say God who is also a spirit who is not made of any material (from creation) manifested himself (jesus) in a human nature ?
My brother check am naa .

I'm sorry, I must have missed your question. What I saw was an erroneous attribution to me and a complaint about what I believe.

As for the question that you asked above, I already said that I don't see how it is contradictory. Maybe you need to explain yourself a little better so that I can understand what the contradiction you refer to is.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 10:08am On Jan 03, 2021
Theguided:

Hello.

The above is like saying that the definition of a man is naked and that wearing clothes is a contradiction.

Certainly, God is self-existing. That is, He does not owe His existence to anything outside of Himself. Having a body and human spirit made for Him so that He can use it to die for human sin does not change the fact that He is self-existing.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by GodWrites: 10:10am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:
[s][/s]

No he is not
Spiritual con man

grin

Dude seems to have defected you with biblical quotations.

If you can't contest and defend your claim, don't bother refuting a statement.

You end up making yourself a fool.

Anyway, I love it when two deluded xtains argue cheesy
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 10:24am On Jan 03, 2021
GodWrites:

Dude seems to have defected you with biblical quotations.

If you can't contest and defend your claim, don't bother refuting a statement.

You end up making yourself a fool.

Anyway, I love it when two deluded xtains argue cheesy

I don't understand your point bro
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by GodWrites: 10:52am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

I don't understand your point bro

Of course you wouldn't. It will be abnormal for your kind to.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 10:53am On Jan 03, 2021
GodWrites:

Of course you wouldn't. It will be abnormal for your kind to.

You have been insulting me and sounding so bitter and angry grin

Is everything alright?

grin
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by GodWrites: 10:56am On Jan 03, 2021
GofuckYourself:

You have been insulting me and sounding so bitter and angry grin

Is everything alright?

grin

Sound bitter?

You must have been terrible in English while in school.

How does my tone depict bitterness if not utter wonder for your sheer delusion?
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by HelpYourself(m): 11:46am On Jan 03, 2021
GodWrites:

Sound bitter?

You must have been terrible in English while in school.

How does my tone depict bitterness if not utter wonder for your sheer delusion?

Hahahaha

I am glad my posts cause you such pains grin

Did you sleep well at night ?

grin
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 11:57am On Jan 03, 2021
AntiChristian:
grin

It seems most Christians don't even recognize their God.

Jesus is God.
Father is God.
Spirit is God.
All three are one God.
Jesus is son of Man.
Sin against son or father can be forgiven but that of the spirit is unforgivable yet the three are one!

Jesus said "My father is greater than i".

When Jesus was about to die, he said "My Lord, My Lord... Was he calling on himself?

Likewise, when Jesus was about to be baptized by John, a voice came from heaven " This is my beloved son in whom I'm well pleased? Jesus talking to himself again.

Jesus said "I of my own can do nothing".

Jesus was asked of the hour which he doesn't know and claimed only the father knows, not the son nor even the spirit or any one else. But these three Gods remain one. Well some Christians like Ps. Oyakhilome, etc know the hour today.

Around Mathew 20:20, Jesus affirmed that only the father can put people to sit beside him in heaven. He doesn't have such power.

The Bible is filled with many negations to your assertions.

Did you recognize your own god, allah..

allah is a DECEIVER Quran 3:54

allah is a CHEATER Quran 13:42

allah is a SCHEMER Quran Quran 10:21

allah is a CONFUSED god Quran 10:94

Etc

1 Like

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by AntiChristian: 1:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Etc

Don't run away na. Explain how:

Jesus is God.
Father is God.
Spirit is God.
All three are one God.
Jesus is son of Man.
Sin against son or father can be forgiven but that of the spirit is unforgivable yet the three are one!

When Jesus was about to die, he said "My Lord, My Lord... Was he calling on himself?

Likewise, when Jesus was about to be baptized by John, a voice came from heaven " This is my beloved son in whom I'm well pleased? Jesus talking to himself again.

Jesus was asked of the hour which he doesn't know and claimed only the father knows, not the son nor even the spirit or any one else. But these three Gods remain one. Well some Christians like Ps. Oyakhilome, etc know the hour today.

Around Mathew 20:20, Jesus affirmed that only the father can put people to sit beside him in heaven. He doesn't have such power.

Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by AntiChristian: 2:16pm On Jan 03, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

Etc

Compare with:

Jeremiah 4:10
Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

We have it in...

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'

Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

We even have it in...

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Another passage...

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'

God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

Another example from the Bible...

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.

Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?

Well, here we find out why...

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 3:29pm On Jan 03, 2021
AntiChristian:

Compare with:

Then I said, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, how completely you have deceived (nasha) this people and Jerusalem by saying, 'You will have peace,' when the sword is at our throats."

We have it in...

1 Kings 22:20-22
And the LORD said, 'Who will entice Ahab into attacking Ramoth Gilead and going to his death there?'
"One suggested this, and another that. 21 Finally, a spirit came forward, stood before the LORD and said, 'I will entice him.'
" 'By what means?' the LORD asked.
" 'I will go out and be a lying spirit in the mouths of all his prophets,' he said.
" 'You will succeed in enticing him,' said the LORD. 'Go and do it.'

Here we see that the man said that he would resort to lying in order to entice Ahab and God supported the idea and told him to go ahead and do it!

We even have it in...

Ezekiel 14:9-11
" 'And if the prophet is enticed to utter a prophecy, I the LORD have enticed that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand against him and destroy him from among my people Israel. 10 They will bear their guilt-the prophet will be as guilty as the one who consults him. 11 Then the people of Israel will no longer stray from me, nor will they defile themselves anymore with all their sins. They will be my people, and I will be their God, declares the Sovereign LORD.' "

God is punishing him for a crime that He enticed him to do in the first place? Isn't that entrapment?

Another passage...

Isaiah 37:6-7
Isaiah said to them, "Tell your master, 'This is what the LORD says: Do not be afraid of what you have heard-those words with which the underlings of the king of Assyria have blasphemed me. Listen! I am going to put a spirit in him so that when he hears a certain report, he will return to his own country, and there I will have him cut down with the sword.'

God had that spirit spread a rumor so that the King of Assyria can to return to his homeland. In short, that spirit's purpose was for deception.

Another example from the Bible...

Isaiah 19:14
The LORD has poured into them a spirit of dizziness; they make Egypt stagger in all that she does, as a drunkard staggers around in his vomit.

Here we see God deceiving people to the extent that they become absolutely foolish.

Even though I don't believe the Gospels teach that Jesus taught he was God, however this example is for those who believe that Jesus is God. Jesus admits that he was speaking figuratively all this time...

John 16:25
"Though I have been speaking figuratively (paroimia), a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father.

Why wasn't Jesus speaking in a normal and clear way all the time? Why did Jesus then go and say that he won't 'use this kind of language'?

Well, here we find out why...

Mark 4:10-12
When he was alone, the Twelve and the others around him asked him about the parables. 11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables 12so that," 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'

So here we see that Jesus was deceiving certain people by speaking in parables so that they won't (and God forbid!) REPENT AND BE FORGIVEN!

Also in...

2 Thessalonians 2:11
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie.

So God will delude people so that they can believe lies?

Nawa o
Religion! Religion! Religion
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
AntiChristian:

Compare with:

But you attended western primary or secondary school.. "The bolded portion" is not directly from God compare with what your god allah said in

Quran 10:21

And if We made the people taste/experience mercy from after calamity/disastrous distress touched them, then for them (is) cheatery/deceit/schemes in Our verses/evidences . Say: "Allah (is) quicker/faster (in) cunning/scheming , that Our messengers write what you cheat/ deceive/scheme

Or you want to deny the fact that not every words read in Quran are from allah, don't tell me it was Late messenger Muhammad spoken therein
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 3:38pm On Jan 03, 2021
AntiChristian:

Don't run away na. Explain how:

Jesus is God.
Father is God.
Spirit is God.
All three are one God.
Jesus is son of Man.

I should explain how Jesus is God as if you're new here on NL, how many times are we (Children of God) gonna explain this to you? How did you manage to pass your exam in school
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Theguided: 4:01pm On Jan 03, 2021
Ihedinobi3:

Hello.

The above is like saying that the definition of a man is naked and that wearing clothes is a contradiction.

Certainly, God is self-existing. That is, He does not owe His existence to anything outside of Himself. Having a body and human spirit made for Him so that He can use it to die for human sin does not change the fact that He is self-existing.

This example get as e be
. And this issue of God dying (Another contradiction) is the same as the man having a beginning issue. God = no beginning and no end and at the same time god had a birth (a beginning) and a death (an end) is a contradiction.. Nobody can die for anyone's sin and nobody can inherit anyone's sin.
And God committing suicide or getting killed by his creation to forgive his creation sins is all shades of ridiculous

Let's say you stole a sweet from my shop, all I have to do if I want to forgive you after pleading is just forgive you. Imagine I tell you "I'll forgive you on one condition, kill my innocent son that is sleeping at home and we are even". That's way worse than the crime you even committed. All I have to do is just forgive you. No killing or anything has to happen.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 4:04pm On Jan 03, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

I should explain how Jesus is God as if you're new here on NL, how many times are we (Children of God) gonna explain this to you? How did you manage to pass your exam in school

Lol. Why do you guys bear all these names ; Anti this Anti that..

But on a more serious note. How can God(eternal) 'no beginning or end' descend to be a man?
I can't even justify this incomprehensibility.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Theguided: 4:19pm On Jan 03, 2021
Jman24:

But on a more serious note. How can God(eternal) 'no beginning or end' descend to be a man?

Exactly. It's like imagining a squared circle
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by haddeylium(m): 4:25pm On Jan 03, 2021
grin
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by ANTIlSLAM(m): 4:49pm On Jan 03, 2021
Jman24:

It is the word that became a man not the divinity
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Ihedinobi3: 4:50pm On Jan 03, 2021
Theguided:

This example get as e be
. And this issue of God dying (Another contradiction) is the same as the man having a beginning issue. God = no beginning and no end and at the same time god had a birth (a beginning) and a death (an end) is a contradiction.. Nobody can die for anyone's sin and nobody can inherit anyone's sin.
And God committing suicide or getting killed by his creation to forgive his creation sins is all shades of ridiculous

Let's say you stole a sweet from my shop, all I have to do if I want to forgive you after pleading is just forgive you. Imagine I tell you "I'll forgive you on one condition, kill my innocent son that is sleeping at home and we are even". That's way worse than the crime you even committed. All I have to do is just forgive you. No killing or anything has to happen.

As I said to your cohort jman24, it's not my job to dictate what you believe or don't believe. That's your right as an autonomous human being. If you believe that something is ridiculous, then dismiss it and pay it no further mind. If you think that it makes all the sense in the world, then believe it and live by it. My opinion does not need to count.
Re: The Holy Spirit Is Jesus! by Jman24(m): 4:53pm On Jan 03, 2021
ANTIlSLAM:

It is the word that became a man not the divinity

Which word?
Okay he spoke aramic, Hebrew or greek, then it formed human being?

Are you sure I'm not living in a world full of illusion?
That is word from mouth rolled and formed human being?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Isaiah 53: Why The Suffering Servant Is Israel And NOT Jesus. / Pastor Kumuyi Raised A Dead Woman. How True Is This / Rhapsody Of Realities PDF Download For May 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.