Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment (27355 Views)

48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG / 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists / Top 6 Causes Of Kidney Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by IceTrice01: 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Omooooooooooooooo, who knows anybody that needs kidney should alert me abeg, mine is up for sale
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by chijokz(m): 3:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
AustineCJ:
can anyone tell me causes of kidney issues and preventive measures ?
1. Stop consuming high sodium foods like indomie
2. Stop all soft drinks like Coke, etc
3. Check your BP every month.
4. Drink lots of water everyday especially before going to bed.
5. Take multivitamin supplements.
6. Minimize alcohol consumption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 02, 2021
NobleSeed:
just a mere Aguement you have started throwing insultive words. Never knew you are this clueless ,next time vent your frustration to some where else.
Anyway I'm sorry never knew you are among the people that are suffering from kidney disease.. I pray you get well soon.
Yes! I called you a morron, it is not an insult, It is fact. grin You cannot even comprehend kid. Now let me educate you. You said there are No statistics or data in Nigeria, Yes!! You are right, But if there are no statistics or data, Where are your evidence that they are telling lies? undecided You obviously don't have any evidence. So!! Until you get an accurate data or statistics, Let's agree that It is possibly 20 million! get it?!! cheesy

And oh! Seriously, I dare you again to go for a covid tests if you are negative i will "dash" you $200

In Nigeria if anyone has kidney illness or covid, they wouldn't go about broadcasting it for people like you to know and maybe stigmatise them, or called them liars. sad that is why you don't know anyone with these illnesses.

And yess!! I know alot of people with kidney illness, My mother inlaw had it.

And NO! I don't have kidney illness because i go for check up every 2 months atleast, Unlike you who just believes in your head that you are well without medical check up. Tell me!! How many times have you gone for any check up since you were born?

If there are anything else you would like to learn about, I would be happy to teach you!! grin now have a nice day playing with your phone.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by hernandson(m): 3:21pm On Jan 02, 2021
SmellySperm:
how much for the Instagram?
2.7k for 6k sir
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
yesloaded:
There's need for thorough investigation to causes of kidney disease, how to prevent it & more than enough awareness to curb kidney disease

May God help us o
alcohol,drug abuse and bleaching creams are the major causes
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
hernandson:
2.7k for 6k sir
e cost na,me sef na hustle i dey
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
eveninnewspaper:
What is the major cause of this disease?

God heal all–Amen.
alcohol,drug abuse and bleaching creams
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by hernandson(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
SmellySperm:

e cost na,me sef na hustle i dey
That's the best price I can give sir, also have twitter account for sale too 13.3k, 800,1k+ too
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
tunjiajayi:
The prevalence especially of late could be directly linked to the quality and quantity of of alcohol consumption, the use of harzadous substances in the quest to get "high" and of course the diet then the natural occurrence of disease.
The society, government should be more pro active in educating the populace on the use of substances as related to health, also there should be sterner measures in curbing the availability and proliferation of these substances from the agbo sellers to the high end clubs.
In this case prevention is CHEAPER than cure.

Word, My take!
u forgot to add use of bleaching creams made in every nooks and crannies of naija by incompetent people also contribute to huge increase of kidney failure
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Berrylite: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
SATANNIST:
where ever u are may thunder fire u and fire who ever gave birth to u

You just justified that you are an illiterate. You went ahead and presented a published article for me. To make the matter worse for you, this is not the original article. If you use the eyes and brain God gave you well, you will see that the owner of that published paper quoted sources for his information. You are an illiterate.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Mummymahdi(f): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
juwoonn:
20Million? Na lie.

Dn't say that, just pray for US
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Ddokie: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
eveninnewspaper:

So, it has nothing to do with drinking excessively?

Not directly. Alcohol affects the liver more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Brunicekid(m): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
onlinenig11:
There's nothing we'll not see in life. Sickness upon sickness. May God help us

i. Checkout this legitimate online business that gives me atleast ₦25k weekly using my phone and from home.

ii. Discover the secrets how you can be exporting Bitter Kola, Cashew Nuts, Ginger, Dried Fish, Pepper, and other Agro allied products to USA, UK,Europe, UAE, Canada, etc from the comfort of your Home. For more details, check my signature
How does this work??
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Mummymahdi(f): 3:30pm On Jan 02, 2021
martineverest:
alcohol,drug abuse and bleaching creams

I have never taste the use of any of these yet am a patient
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by corenewsonline: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
SmellySperm:

how much?

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
Simplecity:
Nigerians are capable of eating anything and everything....even "soft drink" is a big threat to someones health..but they wont listen......when you drink and eat rubbish...it overworks the organs in the body as they try to balance the food with what the system wants....body no be fire wood..when you over work am ...e go fail one day...
soft drink is bad but isn't the major cause of kidney failure compared to alcohol,drug abuse and bleaching creams
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
juwoonn:
20Million? Na lie.
How did you come to this conclusion? Do you have the accurate number?? undecided
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by SATANNIST: 3:34pm On Jan 02, 2021
Berrylite:

You just justified that you are an illiterate. You went ahead and presented a published article for me. To make the matter worse for you, this is not the original article. If you use the eyes and brain God gave you well, you will see that the owner of that published paper quoted sources for his information. You are an illiterate.
blah blah blah....you should pay for this info but the thing be say you are broke than my gateman.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by lakeside79937: 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
Have been diagnosed with kidney disease in 2018 I dont smoke I dont drink I dont take drugs . I live in the UK and been seen by the best medical consultant am on dialysis 3 times / week and 4 hours person session . Meaning 3 days of my life per week is for treatment . Dialysis makes you tired it knocks you out for the day some times it takes you 3 days to recover . What caused my kidney disease is high blood pressure am not diabetic. The doctors here in the UK told me more than 20 millions nigerian got kidney disease but they are not aware and they dont know . Kidney disease got no symptoms and it worsen over time it got no cure once it starts it continue till it get to end stage . Only God and miracle that can cure it . Check your blood pressure regularly , watch your diet , do regular check up . Am lucky am in the UK have got the best medical attention . It's not a good thing

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 3:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
Mummymahdi:

I have never taste the use of any of these yet am a patient
it could also be agbo or use of expired drugs or excessive use of drugs like paracetamol

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by lakeside79937: 3:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
More than 20 millions nigerian got kidney problems am a victim too and am analysing 3 times a week . Its cos kidney disease got no symptoms until it gets to end stage kidney disease that's when you know you got it and people that are prone to kidney disease are if you got high blood pressure or diabetic . I dont smoke I dont drink alcohol . What your health it can happen to any one
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by ozo13(m): 3:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
20 out of 200million people .thats like saying 10% of the population.i cant believe this statistic.by the time those with cardiovascular, respiratory disease are included, its like almost saying everyone is sick in the country nah with this kinda statistical figures.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Berrylite: 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
SATANNIST:
blah blah blah....you should pay for this info but the thing be say you are broke than my gateman.

Let me educate you bro, if u need any paid science journal free of charge, get the DOI of the said journal and go straight to sci-hub.se, paste the DOI in the space provided and you will download it free. You can see that I do not need to be poor as your gateman before I can assess knowledge that even you that is very rich cannot. I have helped you to study more on the said subject.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by tunjiajayi: 3:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
martineverest:
u forgot to add use of bleaching creams made in every nooks and crannies of naija by incompetent people also contribute to huge increase of kidney failure

Very true.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Slimqueen(f): 3:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
juwoonn:
20Million? Na lie.
Don't mind the op. 2021 and they've started their nonsense

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Slimqueen(f): 3:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
what kind of outrageous news is this. Nigerians again?

God have mercy. mtcheeew.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by candygirl4real: 4:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
Pls for that Particular guy above quoting bleaching cream. How does bleaching cream give one kidney disease?

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 4:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
yesloaded:
There's need for thorough investigation to causes of kidney disease, how to prevent it & more than enough awareness to curb kidney disease

May God help us o

Main culprits are uncontrolled diabetes and high blood pressure.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 4:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
eveninnewspaper:
What is the major cause of this disease?

God heal all–Amen.

Uncontrolled diabetes and high blood pressure over time destroys the filters of the kidneys and lowers the filtration rate. Do well to check on those two parameters twice yearly and you are fine.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 4:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
Greenishland:
If you don't want to suffer from kidney disease, minimise the way you eat rice.

Stop spreading fake information on a sensitive topic.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2021
descarado:

And u think Nigerian medical professionals have not been warning about the reckless self medication, drug and substance abuse, alcohol etc?

The only place they failed is not linking kidney disease to all the bullion cubes and spices littered in Nigerian market for cooking not forgeting higher consumption of noodles in Nigeria. We simple don't listen or we don't care.

Those are not the main causes of kidney problems. Noodles have no negative effects on the kidneys. Excess bullion cubes just like salt could aggravate already existing conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure that are main causes of kidney problems.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 4:56pm On Jan 02, 2021
tunjiajayi:
The prevalence especially of late could be directly linked to the quality and quantity of of alcohol consumption, the use of harzadous substances in the quest to get "high" and of course the diet then the natural occurrence of disease.
The society, government should be more pro active in educating the populace on the use of substances as related to health, also there should be sterner measures in curbing the availability and proliferation of these substances from the agbo sellers to the high end clubs.
In this case prevention is CHEAPER than cure.

Word, My take!

Those are not the main causes of CKD. It might interest you to know that the consumption of NSAIDS like diclofenac and ibuprofen cause more damage to the kidneys than alcohol

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's The First Thing You Will Do After The COVID-19 Pandemic? / Women Who Sleep More Also Have More Sex, A New Study Finds / NAFDAC Bans Sniper Insecticide In Open Markets, Supermarkets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.