Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,092 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment (27349 Views)

48 Million Nigerians Still Defecate Openly – FG / 20 Million Nigerians Have Kidney Diseases - Nephrologists / Top 6 Causes Of Kidney Disease (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jan 02, 2021
If i am to be faced with a challenge as such, and i don't have a comfortable mean of solving it (i.e, i will have to go through some arduous mean to solve it) here is what i shall do.

Will completely ignore the shit and count it a distraction.

Will encourage it to breed, but won't give it any form of consideration.

Will encourage it to kill me without showing any form of fear.

Then let's see what happened.

As always, it will die a natural death, the way it grows, the way it will die also.

I'm not sure if it will kill me cause i'm still alive.

I don't encourage people to follow my step, but i do wonder why people goes to church (or practice any form of religion at all) if they can't exercise a simple faith. lol.

But fear, actually is the most deadly disease, and not physical condition.

renerd
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2021
AustineCJ:
can anyone tell me causes of kidney issues and preventive measures ?

The main cause of kidney problems are uncontrolled high blood pressure and diabetes. True so there are other minor causes like auto immune lupus etc . However most people who end up with end stage kidney diseases either had diabetes or high blood presusure. In between the line over use and abuse of drugs like diclofenac and iboprofen, aminoglycosides antibiotics etc can also destroy your kidneys

2 Likes

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by descarado: 5:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
grandlexuz:

Those are not the main causes of kidney problems. Noodles have no negative effects on the kidneys. Excess bullion cubes just like salt could aggravate already existing conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure that are main causes of kidney problems.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4618747/%23:~:text%3DHowever%252C%2520several%2520studies%2520in%2520animals,of%2520kidney%2520injury%2520%255B5%255D.&ved=2ahUKEwjsl7uA0P3tAhVQUMAKHea1CRcQFjABegQIAhAE&usg=AOvVaw3OhX2AS_JnEwyOY3wBfihq

This is a subject I have studied and researched on for yrs now. Instead of trying to be half smart, go and dig up stuff and read.
Thank u
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2021
eveninnewspaper:

So, it has nothing to do with drinking excessively?

Drinking ...No, but drinking excessively will aggravate other issues like high blood pressure and diabetes which inturn will damage your kidneys even more. Because everything you take will pass through the kidneys an excess of most things like drugs and alcohol will destroy the filters of the kidneys
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 5:11pm On Jan 02, 2021
descarado:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4618747/%23:~:text%3DHowever%252C%2520several%2520studies%2520in%2520animals,of%2520kidney%2520injury%2520%255B5%255D.&ved=2ahUKEwjsl7uA0P3tAhVQUMAKHea1CRcQFjABegQIAhAE&usg=AOvVaw3OhX2AS_JnEwyOY3wBfihq

This is a subject I have studied and researched on for yrs now. Instead of trying to be half smart, go and dig up stuff and read.
Thank u

I dont need to dig up and read stuff on my field of expertise. Stop spreading half baked information from google.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by descarado: 5:14pm On Jan 02, 2021
grandlexuz:

I dont need to dig up and read stuff on my field of expertise. Stop spreading half baked information from google.
And u think u are the only expert in this field here?

Nigerians. SMH
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by eveninnewspaper: 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
martineverest:
alcohol,drug abuse and bleaching creams

Can you expatiate on this, thanks.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2021
martineverest:
alcohol,drug abuse and bleaching creams are the major causes

Stop spreading misinformation on a topic you know little about.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by eveninnewspaper: 5:17pm On Jan 02, 2021
grandlexuz:

Drinking ...No, but drinking excessively will aggravate other issues like high blood pressure and diabetes which inturn will damage your kidneys even more. Because everything you take will pass through the kidneys an excess of most things like drugs and alcohol will destroy the filters of the kidneys
Thanks so much, grand.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 02, 2021
alexistaiwo:
For a country without a centralised database, everybody will just be pulling statistics out of their asses like it is nothing
Where's your own statistics? are you aware these hospitals register such case's.
The cases are also reported to the Nigeria ministry of health which are collated.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Odewaleadesoye:
Honestly speaking,

If 20million people dey suffer from kidney whatsoever, how many people con remain? smiley

I'm not part of them
sha.

Thank God.

ODEWALE ADESOYE
Do you know the birth rate per day in Nigeria, per month, per year.
Wake up.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Odewaleadesoye(m): 5:25pm On Jan 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
Greenishland:
If you don't want to suffer from kidney disease, minimise the way you eat rice.
Is it only rice that cause kidney disease.
Did you read the report or you're just saying based on what you know. Read the report.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
eveninnewspaper:

Can you expatiate on this, thanks.
most of the locally made bleaching creams comes with chemicals like hydroquinone,mercury etc in high quantity that the liver or kidney cannot filter,this position huge threats to it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
grandlexuz:

Stop spreading misinformation on a topic you know little about.
pls,tell us what causes kidney failure
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 5:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
Mummymahdi:

I have never taste the use of any of these yet am a patient

Dont mind the mumu. Sorry to hear you have CKD. It is not a dead sentence at all and depends on the stage and your GFR. Are you diabetic? Do you have high blood pressure? Are you seeing a nephrologist (Kidney doctor)? There are medications known as ACE and ARB that slow progression of CKD while helping with other causes like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by grandlexuz(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
martineverest:
most of the locally made bleaching creams comes with chemicals like hydroquinone,mercury etc in high quantity that the liver or kidney cannot filter,this position huge threats to it

True so, yet because most of these substances are topical very minimal of the chemicals you listed get into the blood steam in quantities enough to destroy the kidneys.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by gentleguy1975: 5:46pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nigeria, the biggest economy in Africa can't offer free dialysis and kidney transplant to her citizens while south Africa with smaller economy does! something does not add up here
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by martineverest(m): 5:49pm On Jan 02, 2021
grandlexuz:

True so, yet because most of these substances are topical very minimal of the chemicals you listed get into the blood steam in quantities enough to destroy the kidneys.
now imagine those bleaching creams made by people who never had degrees in cosmetology and dermatology will now make creams with high level of hydroquinone and co cos they want their creams to be more effective at bleaching the skin within days
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by CSTRR: 5:54pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nobody is free from governance.

If you vote bad, you will reap it.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by CSTRR: 5:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Greenishland:
If you don't want to suffer from kidney disease, minimise the way you eat rice.
What does rice have to do with kidney disease?
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by tunjiajayi: 7:02pm On Jan 02, 2021
grandlexuz:

Those are not the main causes of CKD. It might interest you to know that the consumption of NSAIDS like diclofenac and ibuprofen cause more damage to the kidneys than alcohol

Thanks for the enlightenment, I think there should be massive comcertive effort to educate the masses on the probable causes of "CKD" It reaches epidemic scale, 20 million shocked.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Coinbased: 7:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oh
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by ayo84(m): 7:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
Genetic modified foods
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by deleo16(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
chijokz:

1. Stop consuming high sodium foods like indomie
2. Stop all soft drinks like Coke, etc
3. Check your BP every month.
4. Drink lots of water everyday especially before going to bed.
5. Take multivitamin supplements.
6. Minimize alcohol consumption.
that indomie eehn you are very correct to know drink a lot of water before eating the indomie you still found out that your urine will be yellow instead of pure colourless urine
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Oluwaseun2020(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2021
If someone has told us to fast for seven days that we will get a million alot of people will do it ..without bearing in mind the cost...

Alot of people are not ready to listen to God and act out his orders at all cost..
If neeman refused to wash at the sea he would have remained a lepper...
Abraham was ready to sacrifice his son without bearing the cost and sadness and shame that will come with it...

John 2:5
His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to do...do it.

The ten lepper had no hands or legs ..yet Jesus said
go and show yourself to the priest. ..
How can we go like this??
we will have to craw on our belly and our injuries will be worst than it was...
But Jesus was confident that if they will do it...
God will see their faith and heal them...
And the bible said as they went...before they reached half way..they were healed.

God wants obedience. ..
Fast for days...dont be afraid. .dont be scared
Fulfil the wish of God with obedience

Isaiah 1:19
if thou shall be willing to do it and obedience to What God says to do ...you shall eat the good of the land.

Whatever it cost you will be better off at the end

Some people all they need is a three day fast..but they wont stop eating for a day...
No will die they thing or be inflicted with something worse
But imagine if the lepper had not summoned courage to follow the command of Jesus they will be forever sick.

sometimes we need the courage to ignore the law of nature and doctors and follow God.

1 Like

Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by kayrichy: 8:47pm On Jan 02, 2021
You seem to forget that Age is also risk factor for CKD and the decrease in kidney function is directly proportional to your age...As we grow older,the kidney loses it function by 5percent annually for a normal person and by 10 to 20 percent with underlying diseases ..Not to forget that west Africans are prone to CKd With genetic etiology
I feel his statistics is correct taking Age and our lifestyle in this part of the world as an indicaton.

drdrei09:
20 million... Maybe including pyelonephritis and other kidney diseases caused by STIs. Many young and old Nigerians carry one or more sexually transmitted infections about.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Ezi1993(f): 9:07pm On Jan 02, 2021
Chatflick:

My brother I'm telling you. I had it before and it was so painful. Thank God the pains have gone. I drink water like a mad man now
Was it just water that got you healed?
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by kayrichy: 9:08pm On Jan 02, 2021
ACE or ACE inhibitors?
This could be your first line therapy ..but researc Showed that they work better with loop diuretics(furosemide) and metolazone.

grandlexuz:

Dont mind the mumu. Sorry to hear you have CKD. It is not a dead sentence at all and depends on the stage and your GFR. Are you diabetic? Do you have high blood pressure? Are you seeing a nephrologist (Kidney doctor)? There are medications known as ACE and ARB that slow progression of CKD while helping with other causes like diabetes and high blood pressure.
Re: 20 Million Nigerians Battle Kidney Disease, Expensive Treatment by Ezi1993(f): 9:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
chijokz:

1. Stop consuming high sodium foods like indomie
2. Stop all soft drinks like Coke, etc
3. Check your BP every month.
4. Drink lots of water everyday especially before going to bed.
5. Take multivitamin supplements.
6. Minimize alcohol consumption.
please oo,,do you mean that we shouldn't consume indomie a bit cos i don't joke with indomie..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Revealed: 5 Easy Ways To Cut An Onions Without Crying…it Works Like Magic / Beware Of Heatstroke In This Period Nigerians / What's The First Thing You Will Do After The COVID-19 Pandemic?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.