Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,593 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:50 PM

Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) (21052 Views)

Igbo Elders Endorse Peter Umeadi Of APGA For President / Osinbajo Presides As FEC Observes One Minute Silence For Borno Terror Victims / Abdulrazaq Abdulrahman, 100,000 Dump PDP For APC In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by BleedingPen: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2021
Thousands of All Progressives Grand Alliance members in Abia State, in one of the state’s largest communities, Isiala Ngwa North L.G.A. yesterday, switched allegiance to the All Progressives Congress.

Igbere TV reports that the APGA stalwarts and members of the party in Isiala Ngwa pledged their alliance and solidarity to the APC led by Senator Orji Kalu who was also present at the decamping ceremony.

Leader of the APGA, Hon. Ezechimerem Ihuoma and his Oku Uguru team, who led the decamping APGA members, said it became necessary to join the APC which they described as the progressive moving train in the state as a result of the result-orientated leadership of Orji Kalu.

Addressing the decampees at the ceremony which had in attendance party faithfuls and stalwarts, the Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Orji Kalu who presided over the event berated the Peoples Democratic Party led administration in the state for its failure to consolidate on the good works he left behind as Governor.

According to the Senator, “I introduced PDP into this state and I will also be the one that will sweep away the PDP, during my tenure as Governor of this state we implemented a completely free education policy, it didn't end there we also provided the students with free stationery and school uniforms. Unfortunately, the reverse has been the case ever since I left as Governor.

“Government must prioritize the welfare of the people. The local government must be empowered and well funded and allowed to operate autonomously. Because the local government is the foundation that delivers democratic dividends to the people.”

Senator Kalu also added, “We must reclaim Abia state come 2023, and I am not mincing words, we are not leaving any stone unturned, we have already set the agenda and we are working towards it. The APC is a party for all Nigerians regardless of religion or tribe.”

Recounting his achievements as Senator, Kalu said “As a Senator take a tour to Abia-North and see what is happening in there we are just a over a year in office but we are renovating over 50 primary schools, we have also attracted 19 road projects which are ongoing that is what democracy is all about,” Kalu concluded.

On his part, Ezechimerem said he decided to lead thousands of his supporters to the APC to support and restore the glory of Abia State. He disclosed that he was inspired by the development agenda of Senator Kalu in Abia-North.

In his words, “We are strongly against the bad governance in Abia, by joining APC today we have conquered the PDP in this state. We are going to fight by mobilizing our people to make the change. I glad that Senator Orji Kalu the leader of the party in the Southeast is here present.”

Earlier, the LGA party chairman, Hon Endy U. welcomed the new entrants and assured them of a level playing ground in the party. He emphasised the need for the members to mobilise at their various wards.

While presenting the broom to the decamping APGA members, Kalu welcomed them to the new party, urging them not to relent in their quest for good governance.

https://igberetvnews.com/1377633/sen-kalu-presides-5000-dump-apga-apc-abia-photos/

4 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by BleedingPen: 10:38am On Jan 02, 2021
Lalasticlala

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by LogoDesigner63: 10:41am On Jan 02, 2021
Frankly speaking, the Man is doing really well for the party than most state governors

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Burstscam: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2021
OUK is the biggest APC asset in South East. By 2023, APC may have 4 states in SE, namely Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Anambra

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Realtord43: 10:45am On Jan 02, 2021
Kalu has much chance in the presidential poll than self acclaim regional south west jagaban grin

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Obodonwa: 10:48am On Jan 02, 2021
Ok

10 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Obodonwa: 10:49am On Jan 02, 2021
Burstscam:
OUK is the biggest APC asset in South East. By 2015, APC may have 4 states in SE, namely Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Anambra
impossible!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Burstscam: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2021
Obodonwa:
impossible!!
three states are already down. Anambra is the only one that needs more work

16 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Exc2000: 11:13am On Jan 02, 2021
Now that's how to play Politics

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by kalu61(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2021
Burstscam:
OUK is the biggest APC asset in South East. By 2015, APC may have 4 states in SE, namely Abia, Imo, Ebonyi, Anambra
Remove Anambra out of it but you see my state, It's a fight to finish come 2023.

Alex Oti was a gentleman and naive technocrat who jumped into politics but this time around, the old man in the game called OUK.

The only painful thing about the whole stuff is going back to the old days when OUK and his mother held sway.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by GboyegaD(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
All of them na the same. No political ideology guiding any of the parties.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Marvellously2Me: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ogbana
Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by ATEAMS: 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ready to start the new year. Wishing everyone a safe and healthy year. Set goals, plan trips. It’s always nice to have something to look forward to.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Kestolove(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
Who counted dem? Kalu ND ipob will never repent from being a fraud

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by law001(m): 3:25pm On Jan 02, 2021
For money these people will do anything.

Polithiefcian

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2021
For the first time, these people are getting rid of the ghost and evil that has plagued their lands, welcome to the new age!!

PDP is finally dying in the east

7 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Vicogrin(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
hmmm....
I can't believe this
I'm sure some of these people surrounding him protested against bad governance in October.
Nigerians we are just deceiving ourselves,people just sacrifice their life for nothing.

1 Like

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by SeasonedMEMBER(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
Please someone should fund my online bet account for me nah, please any amount at all. I really feel frustrated and I have a feeling that I should try my luck on this week's games. Please guys, I usually follow my instincts and it usually comes out positive. Please guys

3 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by careytommy37(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
Sometimes when I see the political leaders of some states, I just thank God for my state

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Zico5(m): 3:27pm On Jan 02, 2021
Set of confused people, that's why South South will never support south east. They speak always with one side of mouth. Uncoordinated set of individuals. They criticize APC openly but join secretly for clear monetary benefits.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by BigBrother9ja: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Heheheheheheheh

See OSUs, wailing wailers adopting APCshit after all their hypocritical rants grin

2021 is going to be wanderfullllll year.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Starcrest1: 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Who cares, politicians need to repent this new year. It doesn't matter which party they belong to....

This ain't brilliant....
Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Generalwoodz(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
You won't still smell Presidency even if 500000k decampes

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by AuwalYusuf812(m): 3:28pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nairaland self

How this one take be news now
Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
I hope it's just not what I'm thinking.

Abians should not be fooled again oo.

You can't be inside the water while allowing soap enter your eyes oo.

Hian.
Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Odewaleadesoye(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2021

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by neighbourhud: 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
Ndi ara everywhere

1 Like

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by Uchasa(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
Kalu, the Tinubu of Abia.

2 Likes

Re: Kalu Presides As 5,000 Dump APGA For APC In Abia (Photos) by paulolee(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2021
joins APC and ur sins are forgiven...all these dumping tinz no de reflect for votes because them go still rig am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Utomi: Buhari Overthrew Shagari To Stop Ekwueme From Becoming President / DSS Uncovers Plots To Incite Religious Violence In Selected States In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.