Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,044 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence (6861 Views)

Has Mtn Lumos Electricity Fold? / Mtn Lumos Solar Power How Efficient And Details? / Please MTN Keeps Sending Me This Message How Do I Quit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by donsolo4u2c(m): 4:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
Greeting my fellow Nairalanders!

I just started my new year with a sad news of incessant increase of MTN solar energy popularly called MTN lumos from N235 to N300.

When I purchased this MTN Lumos 2years ago, it was was N200 per day, just within a year, MTN increased it to N235 per day, just this year again, they further increased it to N300 per day.

It is either MTN is deceiving or is extorting illegally from MTN-LUMOS users because MTN credit did not add price, VAT did not increase, data did not add price, call rate did not add price Why then will MTN keep increasing Lumos plans? May be this is because MTN which promised LUMOS-users of 1800 paid days before claiming the LUMOS system for life is trying to frustrate many to return the system so that they will recycle it to other people who may be in need.

This is a modern fraud and @NCC @ICPC should take note!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by tamdun: 5:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
donsolo4u2c:

I just started my new year with a sad news of incessant increase of MTN solar energy popularly called MTN lumos from N235 to N300.

When I purchased this MTN Lumos 2years ago, it was was N200 per day, just within a year, MTN increased it to N235 per day, just this year again, they further increased it to N300 per day.

It is either MTN is deceiving or is extorting illegally from MTN-LUMOS users because MTN credit did not add price, VAT did not increase, data did not add price, call rate did not add price Why then will MTN keep increasing Lumos plans? May be this is because MTN which promised LUMOS-users of 1800 paid days before claiming the LUMOS system for life is trying to frustrate many to return the system so that they will recycle it to other people who may be in need.

That's 9k monthly,
9000x12=108000
Since u must sub everyday/month for 5yrs
108000x5(years) =540,000
Mtn dey cash out gan ni, am sure you'll get that thing less than 300k from solar companies

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Pauladex(m): 5:59pm On Jan 02, 2021
Nobody will tell you that you enter one chance.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by bigpicture001: 6:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
tamdun:

That's 9k monthly,
9000x12=108000
Since u must sub everyday/month for 5yrs
108000x5(years) =540,000
Mtn dey cash out gan ni, am sure you'll get that thing less than 300k from solar companies

Solar companies wouldn't allow u pay for it over 5years...

10 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by casdoruche: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2021
Many comments here are paid comments. Political dogs and messengers sent to manipulate minds of unwary people. Don't get carried away.

Tribe has nothing to do with fighting against injustice and seeking for what is just.

When a policeman said he never took bribe many never want to believe just the same way a non virgin doesn't want to believe another is a virgin .

Fulanis are minority.
They rule a vast majority.
Fulanis have an agenda and its being in power using every means.
Divide and conquer
Religion
Tribe

Can't we see.
We are colonized in a democracy.
By a minority white Fulani.

Let's understand this how did democracy favor a minority. How please?
I can't understand.

6 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 02, 2021
bigpicture001:

Solar companies wouldn't allow u pay for it over 5years...

That pile of shït is not worth N150k

The puzzle here is why NCC would keep silent while MTN operated the Lumos scam on their gullible victims over so many years.

12 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by bigpicture001: 7:55pm On Jan 02, 2021
Aganju:

That pile of shït is not worth N150k

The puzzle here is why NCC would keep silent while MTN operated the Lumos scam on their gullible victims over so many years.

Bro I fixed mine for a self contain using private solar coy for about 250k...its equally expensive
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 02, 2021
bigpicture001:

Bro I fixed mine for a self contain using private solar coy for about 250k...its equally expensive

Yours is serviceable

When the batteries die inside that Lumos you have to take it back to MTN so they charge you a king's ransom to change the batteries.

Is the power rating comparable even?

2 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by AdaugoChisom(f): 10:45pm On Jan 02, 2021
I'm wondering why you will buy solar panel with your money and still pay MTN to use the sun.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by eleojo23: 6:03am On Jan 03, 2021
What are you guys paying for really?

Are you paying for the sun?

I can personally setup a better solar system with as low as 100-150k to power my lights and TV for as long as I want. In fact, I recently helped a friend install one for around 150k which powers his 42" TV all day as long as there is sunlight and at least 4hrs at night. All things being equal, the setup should last for 18-24 months before any major upgrade.

How many hours can this MTN thing power a 32" TV for example?

By the way, I am not even a professional installer, just a DIYer.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Mide3367: 6:13am On Jan 03, 2021
casdoruche:
Many comments here are paid comments. Political dogs and messengers sent to manipulate minds of unwary people. Don't get carried away.

Tribe has nothing to do with fighting against injustice and seeking for what is just.

When a policeman said he never took bribe many never want to believe just the same way a non virgin doesn't want to believe another is a virgin .

Fulanis are minority.
Divide and conquer
Religion
Tribe

Can't we see.

I can't understand.
what nonsense is this na? sad is this post related to the topic

5 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Nairalandwizerd(m): 6:43am On Jan 03, 2021
AdaugoChisom:
I'm wondering why you will buy solar panel with your money and still pay MTN to use the sun.
best comment

2 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by edoairways: 8:18am On Jan 03, 2021
It baffles me when I see some Nigerians paying monthly fee to use renewable energy. To make matters worst, that device (MTN lumous) is limited to few gadgets. It can't power a ceiling fan talk more of a television set( devil's box)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Elmaaq: 8:43am On Jan 03, 2021
eleojo23:
What are you guys paying for really?

Are paying for the sun?

I can personally setup a better solar system with as low as 100-150k to power my lights and TV for as long as I want. In fact, I recently helped a friend install one for around 150k which powers his 42" TV all day as long as there is sunlight and at least 4hrs at night. All things being equal, the setup should last for 18-24 months before any major upgrade.

How many hours can this MTN thing power a 32" TV for example?

By the way, I am not even a professional installer, just a DIYer.

150k using what kind of batteries??

2 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by psychalade: 9:31am On Jan 03, 2021
Elmaaq:

150k using what kind of batteries??

After research on the internet, specifically on nairaland on alternative power solutions, I sold my fuel generator and invested in the following:

(1) 100AH deep cycle mercury battery #55, 000 (from konga)

(1) 250 watts Mono crystalline Solar panel #40, 000 (from konga)

(1) Solar Charge controller #15,000 (from konga)

(1) Fairly Used 650VA Ups inverter #5,000 (from a computer center nearby)

Solar cables worth #15000

Total #130,000

This is what I have been using for the past 12months to power (1) startimes decoder and 32 inch led tv on power saving mode (2) 4, 9watts led bulbs (3) dc standing fan.
(4) my android phone and laptop always on full battery, I plan to double the set within next 2 months to be able to add other gadgets. cool

16 Likes

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by vivalavida(m): 10:07am On Jan 03, 2021
donsolo4u2c:

Does it even work well?
What and what can it carry?
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by dfos2k(m): 1:34pm On Jan 03, 2021
psychalade:

After research on the internet, specifically on nairaland on alternative power solutions, I sold my fuel generator and invested in the following:

Total #130,000

This is what I have been using for the past 12months to power (1) startimes decoder and 32 inch led tv on power saving mode (2) 4, 9watts led bulbs (3) dc standing fan.
(4) my android phone and laptop always on full battery, I plan to double the set within next 2 months to be able to add other gadgets. cool
pictures will help us.
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by jesmond3945: 2:09pm On Jan 03, 2021
psychalade:

Total #130,000

how many hours a day?
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Lexusgs430: 2:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
Blame FG for failing to provide this basic amenity........ And many other amenities......
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by nasirope: 2:42pm On Jan 03, 2021
The only advantage is that it enables people who cannot afford the 'big' money for solar system at once to also enjoy uninterrupted power.

Also, within the 5-year period they fix any problem be it solar panel or battery at no cost to the subscriber. After 5 years it becomes your property: you no longer pay subscription.
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by The5DME(m): 2:48pm On Jan 03, 2021
casdoruche [s:
post=97654621]Many comments here are paid comments. Political dogs and messengers sent to manipulate minds of unwary people. Don't get carried away.

Fulanis are minority.
Divide and conquer
Religion
Tribe

Can't we see.

I can't understand.
[/s]did you skip your meds today?

1 Like

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by ostechno(m): 3:28pm On Jan 03, 2021
donsolo4u2c:

This links thing, I how many hours does it last
I wanted to buy it but it might be a waste of time.
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by wildlife9999(m): 3:59pm On Jan 03, 2021
Everything about mtn is scam, go to simba inverter at Eric Moore they are the main importer of this product

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by psychalade: 4:30pm On Jan 03, 2021
dfos2k:
pictures will help us.

This link on nairaland will give you great ideas on solar power solutions:

https://www.nairaland.com/2428983/how-create-locally-made-inverter
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Elmaaq: 6:35pm On Jan 03, 2021
psychalade:

Total #130,000

Solar cables or solar panels

Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by psychalade: 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2021
Elmaaq:

Solar cables or solar panels

Thanks for sharing

DC cables/wire grin

1 Like

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by sagieramos(m): 10:15pm On Jan 03, 2021
vivalavida:

Does it even work well?
What and what can it carry?
That thing na nonsense. You can't put 100W load on it for more than 10min even under bright sunlight (they only give 100w solar panel and 50AH battery).

Like someone said above, you can set up a 500W solar power system (this will power 150w LCD TV, 10w LED light and a decoder) with less than 200k, that you don't need to pay monthly for using it

1 Like

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jan 03, 2021
Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jan 03, 2021

1 Like

Re: MTN Keeps Increasing Lumos Plans Why NCC Remain Silence by SaintUlot: 7:40am On Jan 04, 2021
The reason for increament is simply inflation. This box doesn't worth it ab initio, many users can attest to that.

Open-box Samsung galaxy M30s with massive 6000mah battery available for sale.

Location - Ibadan

https://www.nairaland.com/6324343/samsung-galaxy-m30s-massive-6000mah

WHATSAPP
:https:///s/saintulot

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Big One For Airtel Users!!! / Iphone 6/6+ A8 Single Core Performance Smacks Snapdragon 801 Upside The Head / Where Are The Made In Nigeria Tablets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.