Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation (36859 Views)

Husband Matchetes Wife Over Sexual Harassment Allegation / Adesola Melojuekun, Barakat's Father Withdraws Case Against Abudu-Balogun / "Abudu-Balogun Attempted To Rape & Use Me For Rituals - 16-Year-Old Girl (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by lalasticlala(m): 8:32pm On Jan 02, 2021
Here is an earlier thread where the allegations were made https://www.nairaland.com/6342071/abudu-balogun-attempted-rape-use-me

Ogun commissioner denies sexual harassment allegation in viral video

The Ogun State Commissioner for Environment, Abiodun Abudu-Balogun, has denied any involvement in sexual harassment as alleged in a viral video circulating on social media.

In the video which went viral on January 1, a 16-year-old secondary school student identified as Barakat Mayowa alleged that the commissioner had sexually harassed her when she visited his home on December 31, 2020, in Ibiade town, Ogun Waterside Local Government Area of the state.

Mayowa alleged that she had gone to the commissioner’s house in the company of her uncle, Mr Lasisi Saheed aka Mayor, who had informed her that the commissioner was searching for computer literates for employment.

She stated that it was while she was with the commissioner that he had attempted to rape her and was only let go after resisting and threatening to shout out for the help.

Commissioner Abudu-Balogun has however in a statement he personally signed on Saturday described the allegation as a lie and ‘political blackmail’ from his adversaries.

Abudu-Balogun, a former member of the House of Representatives, said that he has used his position to empower young people and not to sexually harass or molest them.

His statement reads:

‘On this said day, the girl was brought to my house by one of my loyalists who is her uncle, to assist her get a job as a Computer Operator at the ICT Centre I facilitated while I was serving as a member of House of Representatives years back, which has been moribund but I am about to rehabilitate in order to empower more youths in our local government.

‘I met her at my sitting room for few minutes where many of my loyalists were, people that came to visit me for the New Year. I chatted with the lady for a few minutes and as part of my usual gesture, I gave her some amount of money for her transportation.

‘A day after, I was informed by some people that I have been alleged to have attempted to sexually harrass the girl and I should invite the family for a meeting so as to settle the matter amicably. It was after my refusal to yield to their threats that they went ahead to make a teleguided video leading the lady on what to say to implicate me. This is purely political blackmail by my adversaries.

‘Let me state emphatically that I never attempted to sexually harass anyone. I, therefore, plead with my fans and loyalists to be calm and not engage anyone on the said matter as it is being handled by the police and my legal team.’

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ogun-commissioner-denies-sexual-harassment-allegation-in-viral-video/amp/

Here is the viral video where the allegations were made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gxIWlMPERo

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Socialproject: 8:35pm On Jan 02, 2021
na so o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Vanzcharles(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
wink sharp guy, blame it on your political opponents. Its just 2021 already cases of rape, skull mining are already beginning to emerge.

Two sides of a story only one Truth.

HAPPY NEW YEAR FRIENDS!!!

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by dust144(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
Keep defending
Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by ABballer100(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
WEREY DEY DISGUISE
#endsexualharassment

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Xtinext(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
Hei

1 Like

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Dayoebe(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
cry
I almost made ftc only to find 6 people above me.

Anyway, the matter is Not my business.

3 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by NwaNimo1(m): 8:36pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wait a minute....

[img]https://media./images/032a42af9581511c350269083212678f/tenor.gif[/img]

He's denying it?

[img]https://media./images/c6e039b73a17f4ee778e885db87eec4a/tenor.gif[/img]

He must be innocent then.....

[img]https://media./images/1be15ae81508c1cd9cf49be0f2c35f3f/tenor.gif[/img]

Unless he's a blasted Nigerian politician....

[img]https://media./images/2874c384736be351c930ac92a8cde3e4/tenor.gif[/img]

He's Guilty.....see his face self!

78 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by lekspot01(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Konji Na bastard

5 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by ProDoings570: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Okay
Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Delebams: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
Oro ni o sora E

2 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
It is not that i believe her but i know what Nigerian men can do.

Many Nigerian men are sex addicts no wonder they end up in women trap.

9 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by chibike69: 8:37pm On Jan 02, 2021
grin

this movie go sweet.

wey my popcorn.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by reubenobi(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
It doesn't add up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by lekspot01(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
All of una writing single alphabet just the name of booking space, what's your problem
Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by merits(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2021
Proper investigation must be done, actually when I watched the video the way the girl spoke I know she's well guided on what to say.meanwhile proper investigation must be done anyone of them found guilty must face the wrath of law.

I rest my case.

31 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Mayour11(m): 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
The higher you go, the more careful you should be. Note this and know peace.

15 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Kevinsamba: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2021
Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Bodyodour: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Another fake accuser. This ladies can do the undo.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by TONIOI: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Mumu see how u use ur hand to nail ur self , plz can u see wat u said, shamless commissioner, because u be father Christmas abi ? Political blackmail indeed . because d girl is ur political opponent abi ?

8 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by harmony75: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
his face alone has said it all, dirty man! shame!

1 Like

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Kingdemu: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
Abeg that girl is lying. How could the commissioner have assaulted her in his sitting him in the presence of others? I smell blackmail.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Nigerialagos: 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
lalasticlala:
Here is an earlier thread where the allegations were made https://www.nairaland.com/6342071/abudu-balogun-attempted-rape-use-me

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/ogun-commissioner-denies-sexual-harassment-allegation-in-viral-video/amp/

Here is the viral video where the allegations were made
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gxIWlMPERo

Do you expect him to admit to the allegations like tell whoever care to listen that he did it huh ?

8 Likes

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Naijaarchive(m): 8:40pm On Jan 02, 2021
angry
Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by PAWG(m): 8:41pm On Jan 02, 2021
Pulling down things

1 Like

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by Femeto: 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
Wicked guy.

1 Like

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by KingLennon(m): 8:42pm On Jan 02, 2021
Am sitting on a fence on this one. Who do we believe?

But the truth can never be hidden ..

1 Like

Re: Attempted Rape: Abiodun Abudu-Balogun Denies Sexual Harassment Allegation by lagusboyyy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 02, 2021
Who are we to believe now?

What is hidden, is clear to almighty God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Kill Ihechi Nwankwo, Most Wanted Imo Robber (Photo) / Fulani Herdsmen Shot My 9-Month Pregnant Sister In Kaduna - Man Curses (Photo) / Young Man Murdered In Kogi With His Hands Tied (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.