Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,559 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji (9946 Views)

Ali Baba Comes For Amber Rose For Mocking Mr Ibu, Compares Her To Oprah Winfrey / Stop Comparing Me To Dagrin- Olamide Cries Out To Fans / Oprah Is Wrong! Julia Roberts Is America's Genevieve! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by debest1(m): 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2011
naijasing:

she is good. kudos girl
is she?
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by 3kay945(m): 2:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
am sure she will like the new name, nija like to be second best. grin grin
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by 3kay945(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by londoner: 2:48pm On Mar 30, 2011
For goodness sake, what the hell is wrong with people?

Someone gave her a compliment and she simply said thank you.

Must you people just criticise fellow Nigerians just for the sake of it?

Jeeez, when people are saying the same about you in your chosen profession, then you can talk.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by MissyB3(f): 2:55pm On Mar 30, 2011
ifyalways:

2 Threads with Gen's name on the front-page.
Seun must be seriously napping on Missy B's  lapscheesy
Gbahahahahaha!
I neva even start. By the time I begin to caress his gorimapa head, every thread on the home page would be Gene related.

ceasyc:

@topic
[size=14pt]mayb d cnn thingy but aint this old tho? how come its on d front page?
[b]i read dis ages ago on another thread on nl[/b]

anyhoo WHATEVER[/size]

Gene was first compared to Angelina Jolie. Probably that's what you're talking about?
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by deols(f): 4:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
ceasyc:

@topic
[size=14pt]mayb d cnn thingy but aint this old tho? how come its on d front page?
i read dis ages ago on another thread on nl

anyhoo WHATEVER[/size]

d show u'r talking about is the connector of the day
ds new interview is on African voices which means Genny has had two appearances on CNN lately
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by MrsSiena1(f): 5:27pm On Mar 30, 2011
I don't understand how people can't understand simple english Oprah compared her to Julia Roberts she didnt say oh Genevieve is JR but saying that her acting is as good as hers. Geez I dont want to say this but some nigerians sha hatred is writing all over their hearts. Please give Oprah a break.

Genevieve Nnaji has always been herself. Some people just go school for nothing na wa oh
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by ceasyc(f): 6:22pm On Mar 30, 2011
Missy ★ B:

Gbahahahahaha!
I neva even start. By the time I begin to caress his gorimapa head, every thread on the home page would be Gene related.
Gene was first compared to Angelina Jolie. Probably that's what you're talking about?

deols:

d show u'r talking about is the connector of the day
ds new interview is on African voices which means Genny has had two appearances on CNN lately

no that's not what i meant & you're both getting it wrong but no worries

4get it cos i have to dig for d link on nl = hard work  grin
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by sley4life(m): 6:24pm On Mar 30, 2011
maybe
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by yim(f): 7:03pm On Mar 30, 2011
even jr didn't win an oscar until 2001. And hiliary swank a first timer beat every1 in 2000,won a second one beating kate winslet. Cos she didn't win amaa does not mean she is not gud
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by 9jauk: 7:53pm On Mar 30, 2011
Nigerians and beaf, well done Genevive,even my wife loves her despite d fact dat she's a foreigner.We ain't gona celebrate only 419's ,and Rogue's politicians.Though ,,,i prefer Britiko pally to 9ja, hahhahhaa
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by poweredcom(m): 8:31pm On Mar 30, 2011
Omo i dislike Oprah winfrey jare who cares
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Nakele(f): 9:09pm On Mar 30, 2011
pastorkingsleye:

I DON'T SEE ANYTHING WRONG COMPARING GENEVIEVE TO JULIA, U CAN ONLY STAND ON THE SHOULDERS OF THOSE THAT ARE AHEAD OF YOU! IN LIFE TO ATTAIN EXCELLENCE YOU WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW THE STEPS OF THE FATHERS. I APPRECIATE GENE SO MUCH BECOS SHE IS WALKING THRU A PROFITABLE PATH OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT!

SO TRUE,

AND I CONCUR ,,,, SOME PPLE COME ONTO THIS FORUM AND START BLEEPING,,,WHY DO PPLE HAVE TO COMPLAIN AND MAKE BIG DEALS ABOUT EVERYTHING?SERIOUSLY, IS THERES ANYTHING WRONG IN SOMEONE BEING COMPARED TO ANOTHER,,,PLS PPLE COME OFF IT,,,,,,, THE COMPARISON IS HARMLESS , SO STOP MAKING AN ESSAY OUT OF A SENTENCE,,,,,,,, GENE AND OPRAH ROCK
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by iyeayo(f): 11:32pm On Mar 30, 2011
Freesia:

I know Oprah means well by saying that smiley but we all know our lovely Genny is no carbon copy of someone else

I beg to differ!!

Oprah, you are damn wrong! Julia Roberts is America's Genevieve Nnaji
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by mamagee3(f): 11:39pm On Mar 30, 2011
3kay945:

grin grin grin
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by uyakachi(m): 12:21am On Mar 31, 2011
who knows her

and beside who cares

who is julia robert? sad
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by princeonx: 4:23am On Mar 31, 2011
What changes will you like to see in Nigeria?

I can't believe she didn't even mention one thing! not even the bad roads, power supply, improved government, education, or hospital. she described Nigeria as this wonderfull place to be and live. ambassador my a55
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by strangest(m): 6:40am On Mar 31, 2011
Julia Roberts is America's Genevive Nnaji grin grin grin grin
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by ceasyc(f): 9:15am On Mar 31, 2011
prince_onx:

What changes will you like to see in Nigeria?

I can't believe she didn't even mention one thing! not even the bad roads, power supply, improved government, education, or hospital. she described Nigeria as this wonderfull place to be and live. ambassador my a55

hehe  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by bababuff(m): 9:43am On Mar 31, 2011
Where is Julia Roberts now?
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by spikedcylinder: 11:16am On Mar 31, 2011
Julia has won one Oscar and was at some point the highest paid actress in the world @ $25m per picture. Her current net worth is allegedly about $200m. There's even a Bulgarian skeleton named after her because of her near perfect dentition.
I'm sure Genevieve doesn't make that money per movie and is not worth that much. Comparing her to to Julia IS a big deal and IS something to be flattered about.
Y'all should deal with it.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Rossikk(m): 5:27pm On Mar 31, 2011
If a star Kenyan actress came to Nigeria and was described by our media as ''the Genevieve Nnaji of Kenya'', I don't think it would be considered a slight by anyone. Oprah was merely speaking from her perspective as an American.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by obinon(m): 5:32pm On Mar 31, 2011
Is GN your politicians that you will start mentioning bad roads etc.GN i love you.keep contributing your quota,dont mind haters
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by 1money: 10:11am On Apr 01, 2011
GN is da best actress ever. Ride on gal.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 01, 2011
i like Oprah
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by chrisobas(m): 12:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
That girl is a Goddess, you should try and check this link to see how she looks
http://naija2geda..com/2011/03/thanks-to-oprah-for-comparing-me-to.html
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by eghost247(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2011
See people beating their selves up over a compliment bush people^^^^^^ Oprah Compared Her to Julia Roberts so what
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Nicepoker(m): 1:56pm On Apr 03, 2011
Oprah must be mad to compare that fool who insult every interviewer to julia robberts
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by Gbenge77(m): 6:08pm On Apr 03, 2011
She says its quite flattering.Me thinks she could do better with her sentence structuring,though.
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by roxell120(m): 8:30pm On Apr 03, 2011
Nicepoker:

Oprah must be mad to compare that fool who insult every interviewer to julia robberts

GENIE HAS DONE U NOTHING TO DESERVE THIS NAME, SHE IS JUST HERSELF IN HER HIGHFLYING CAREER. ITS SHEER JELOUSY
Re: Thanks To Oprah For Comparing Me To Julia Roberts – Genevieve Nnaji by favouredjb(f): 6:39am On Apr 06, 2011
I don't know what is worth celebrating in this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wizkid Grows Beards, Now Looks Entirely Different / Ramsey Noah, Jim Iyke & Nonso Diobi who Is Handsome / Funke Akindele Now Vitafoam Ambassador

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.