Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,501 members, 7,847,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:36 AM

Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts (9951 Views)

Top List Of Former Governors Who Left High Domestic Debts For Successors (Photo) / Fuel Price Hike: Depot Owners, Marketers Rake In N4.2bn Extra Profit In 3 Days / Military Jets, Soldiers Take Over Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kwara, Adamawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by correctguy2010: 4:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sammy07:

Bros, I'm not from Akwaibom and I don't have time to be listing them.

https://www.nairaland.com/5963952/photos-developmental-strides-akwa-ibom

https://www.nairaland.com/1150784/pictures-developments-akwa-ibom-state/15

Go through the above threads and tell me if delta or bayelsa can match the state.

In fact, you can create a thread for it and show us how delta or Bayelsa is being managed from 2010 - date.

I still didn't see anything special about Akwa Ibom, those stuff are normal things. Nothing special at all
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Sammy07: 4:24pm On Jan 04, 2021
correctguy2010:

I still didn't see anything special about Akwa Ibom, those stuff are normal things. Nothing special at all

Ok
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jan 04, 2021
correctguy2010:

I swear you no well at all.
Those "normal things" that are not special like you said, other oil producing states were not able to do them. And that's the point. Some of you argument dey give una blood.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by SocialJustice: 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
Look at Bayelsa owing N147bn, how?
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by JoeEeL(m): 4:45pm On Jan 04, 2021
Sultanofbenin:

I appreciate all members of this forum.

On a serous note someone should please,assist me with 2k before two days hunger kill me here.
Nothing to chop oh.

Did you protest during the #EndSARS?

Do you have the contact of your councillor or governor?

We are all victims of bad governance and we keep begging and collecting the meagre we are all managing instead of facing the monsters who rule over us once and for all.

I wont even be surprised if ure an APC or PDP supporter.

WE MUST ALL SUFFER COLLECTIVELY TILL WE GET PROPER SENSE.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Anozietimi(m): 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2021
Fantasticcc:
I expected Lagos to be there, they are good at borrowing with only bullion van to show for it.

But what's akwa ibom doing in that list with all their oil money..hmm!of course river state will be their when wike is only burrowing money to build flyovers in port Harcourt like that's the only city in the state.Dumb governor.

And Ajegunle in Lagos is better than State Capital of your State
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by IkpuMmadu: 4:50pm On Jan 04, 2021
Igbo states are doing well while our western folks are in debts
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by biden123(m): 5:08pm On Jan 04, 2021
Cashsteady:
Oya where are the akwa ibom hypers? Apart from Lagos, pH and abuja the rest Nigeria states and cities are completely useless and stuck in the same level of development apart from those states in the terrorist region that are worse
They are borrowing money to loot. No substantial development to show for.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Kinematics: 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2021
stanluiz:

[s]Niger Delta oil producing states with highest debt yet nothing to show for it.

Ebonyi debt is 41.37$ billion yet it has the best infrastructure more than rivers, Delta and bayelsa.
[/s]

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by biden123(m): 5:14pm On Jan 04, 2021
bro4u:
Gov. Udom of Akwa ibom is a joke, a man with a mission to destroy Akwa ibom with unemployment and debts. Funny enough he is accomplishing it
Tell that to this retar.ded fool NkanAkpanika whom they pay 15k monthly salary to spread falsehood on social media

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by emae009(m): 5:17pm On Jan 04, 2021
A lot of you folks really have a problem with Akwa Ibom. But I get it Haters gon' hate.
Not everybody can be an Akwa Ibomite though.
Ndito eka isongidem o!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by peculiar2233: 5:20pm On Jan 04, 2021

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Classickj(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2021
Cashsteady:

Bro akwa ibom can Never catch up with Lagos even in 20 yrs time don't mind all those akwa ibom hypers.. apart from the serenity and good roads akwa ibom is nothing to write home about. Even the poverty in that state is second to none.. if not for bad roads ogun is far better than akwa and ibom even
ogun is far better in your dream
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by correctguy2010: 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2021
Rgade:

I swear you no well at all.
Those "normal things" that are not special like you said, other oil producing states were not able to do them. And that's the point. Some of you argument dey give una blood.

They are all useless. Don't put up defence for any governor in Nigeria. They are as useless as the federal government, if not more useless. Go and see what their counterparts are doing abroad.
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by correctguy2010: 5:35pm On Jan 04, 2021
Those of you saying one state is better than others, keep deceiving yourselves, why then are people traveling out of the country? They should have instead traveled to those exceptional states. Nigeria as a whole is a failed state and that's the ugly reality.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Dollanaira: 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2021
Oh
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Kinematics: 5:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
biden123:

Tell that to this retard.ed fool NkanAkpanika whom they pay 15k monthly salary to spread falsehood on social media

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by eeetuk(m): 6:20pm On Jan 04, 2021
Latvin & bro4u:

Latvin:

I dont think Udom is the culprit here.

Victor Attah and Godswill Akpabio took the bulk of those loans
Atleast they had something to show for it. Udom is clearly clueless on how to govern AKS even the unemployment and poverty rate justifies it.---bro4u

Latvin & bro4u:
I took side with what both of you have said above.

I don’t know about Akpabio having something to show during his years in office, but Victor Attah clearly was the best governor Akwa Ibom State ever had for many reasons.

When Victor Attah became governor of Akwa Ibom State in 1999, Akwa Ibom State was a jungle and a forest. When you wake up in the morning, all eyes could see were bush, wilderness and rainforest. Roads that were visible could hardly fitted two cars.

The citizens deserted the state to Lagos and out of Nigeria—many never returned.

Return for what reason?
There were no private sector jobs anywhere in the state and if you see someone with a pay check, that person was a government worker. And if you lived in a village, you probably have never seen a car in your life. That was how bad Akwa Ibom State was before 1999—the year civilian government replaced military rule in Nigeria

But the emergence of Victor Attah in 1999 as the state governor changed everything in Akwa Ibom State forever. Under governor Attah, linking all the 31 local governments with network of roads became a reality. Several five stars hotels began to emerge. International Airport came in town. Football stadium was built. And several private sector jobs began to spring up everywhere in the state. And so were gainfully employment opportunities for locals.

This was followed by returned of citizens to the state in large numbers.
These developments began to slow down when Akapbio and Udom took over the state.
The chart below shows how Akwa IIbom State has fallen since Akpabio and Udom took over the management of Akwa Ibom State.

So, I am going to stop here for today, but I will in future expand on how Victor Attah rescued Akwa Ibom State.

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Kinematics: 6:38pm On Jan 04, 2021
eeetuk:
Latvin & bro4u:

Latvin:

Atleast they had something to show for it. Udom is clearly clueless on how to govern AKS even the unemployment and poverty rate justifies it.---bro4u

Latvin & bro4u:

I don’t know about Akpabio having something to show during his years in office, but Victor Attah clearly was the best governor Akwa Ibom State ever had for many reasons.

When Victor Attah became governor of Akwa Ibom State in 1999, Akwa Ibom State was a jungle and a forest. When you wake up in the morning, all eyes could see were bush, wilderness and rainforest. Roads that were visible could hardly fitted two cars.

The citizens deserted the state to Lagos and out of Nigeria—many never returned.

Return for what reason?
There were no private sector jobs anywhere in the state and if you see someone with a pay check, that person was a government worker. And if you lived in a village, you probably have never seen a car in your life. That was how bad Akwa Ibom State was before 1999—the year civilian government replaced military rule in Nigeria

But the emergence of Victor Attah in 1999 as the state governor changed everything in Akwa Ibom State forever. Under governor Attah, linking all the 31 local governments with network of roads became a reality. Several five stars hotels began to emerge. International Airport came in town. Football stadium was built. And several private sector jobs began to spring up everywhere in the state. And so were gainfully employment opportunities for locals.

These developments began to slow down when Akapbio and Udom took over the state.
The chart below shows how Akwa IIbom State has fallen since Akpabio and Udom took over the management of Akwa Ibom State.

So, I am going to stop here for today, but I will in future expand on how Victor Attah rescued Akwa Ibom State.

Don't allow Ilaumoh aka Hunchogee aka NkanAkpanika catch you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Uchasa(m): 6:58pm On Jan 04, 2021
Akwa Ibom are third in the list of indebted states, and one of the lowest in ROI.
What a state grin grin grin
Poverty and Akwa Ibom be like 1&2 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by KingLion007(m): 8:55pm On Jan 04, 2021
Cashsteady:
Oya where are the akwa ibom hypers? Apart from Lagos, pH and abuja the rest Nigeria states and cities are completely useless and stuck in the same level of development apart from those states in the terrorist region that are worse
Nobody hypes Akwa Ibom...It's a fast developing state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by simeotexy: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2021
Some people just hate Akwa ibom on this forum,,akwa ibom is not for everyone sha

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Latvin: 3:19am On Jan 05, 2021
eeetuk:
Latvin & bro4u:

Latvin:

Latvin & bro4u:

Return for what reason?

eeetuk,

Thanks for your insights and contributions. Looking forward to more details on Attah's stewardship.

I can relate with what you said and how AKS planted itself in the comity of rich and developing states. I recall the onshore/offshore dichotomy fight during OBJ's era and how that shot the state into one of the richest by federally allocated revenue.

I've often said that debt in itself is not bad provided it is used for infrastructure development thereby increasing productivity, creates jobs and pays back the loans. Will be good to see how AKS has measured up against these.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by tizteezy(m): 7:04am On Jan 05, 2021
Anambra, Ebonyi and Nassarawa states.
In interested in how they do things. I'm curious
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by tunapawizzy: 7:22am On Jan 05, 2021
Norwichsailor:
Akwa Ibom and Cross river tbh have not much to show, oil money and you're also borrowing? Akwa Ibom my state should be giving Lagos and Abuja sleepless nights in terms of all round development.
i still wonder the real devlopment people see in Lagos....go to Lagos island core, Ikorodu inside inside,d real surulere, Ijegun, Ketu, Ikotun, Maroko. check out markets in Lagos, state of roads around lagos, check out the water bodies all around lagos, see the waste management system, check out standard of human Transportation in lagos and stop judging development by what u see in Lekki and V/I...even these places are cosmetic...little things like drainanges in these places, water supply.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by tunapawizzy: 7:30am On Jan 05, 2021
Lagos debt stands at almost half of a trillion naira...that is close to 50% of the 1.1trillion budget(substantial part will also be financed by additional debt) the governor proposed some days ago...interesting..dem try pass FG sha

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 8:59am On Jan 05, 2021
Sammy07:

Ok

grin grin grin grin grin

He's a brother to "Thomas"
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by DimIsaac10(m): 9:44am On Jan 05, 2021
Lazy youth... When criticising do it constructively...
Do you people know how much America is owing in debt?.
I expect states like Lagos, Akwa Ibom and Rivers being the most 3 developing states currently.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by DimIsaac10(m): 9:48am On Jan 05, 2021
The rich always live in debt..
Even Dangote is owing.....
Is Man united not owing...
Its poor state that can't borrow. How will they pay back. Who will even borrow them?/
Re: Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom Lead In N4.19tn Subnational Domestic Debts by Norwichsailor(m): 9:57am On Jan 05, 2021
tunapawizzy:

i still wonder the real devlopment people see in Lagos....go to Lagos island core, Ikorodu inside inside,d real surulere, Ijegun, Ketu, Ikotun, Maroko. check out markets in Lagos, state of roads around lagos, check out the water bodies all around lagos, see the waste management system, check out standard of human Transportation in lagos and stop judging development by what u see in Lekki and V/I...even these places are cosmetic...little things like drainanges in these places, water supply.....
I'm not using Lagos as a yardstick, I would never want my state Akwa Ibom to be developed in the Lagos pattern, we'll grow in our own better way.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tinubu, Ohuabunwa Write Reps, To Meet Respective Party Caucuses / Those From West Are Still Ignorant On River Niger / INEC Postpones All Bye-Elections Over Security Situation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.