Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Random Quotes - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Random Quotes (5078 Views)

Random Campus True Life Stories . / My Book Of Random And Totally Awesome Facts / My Random Thoughts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:22pm On May 14, 2011
[size=13pt]The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least.[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:24pm On May 14, 2011
[size=13pt]You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take. grin grin[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 12:19am On Jun 07, 2011
“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:34am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]I refuse to prove that I exist” says God, “for proof denies faith, and without faith, I am nothing.” “Oh,” says man, “but the Babel Fish is a dead give-away, isn’t it? It proves You exist, and so therefore You don’t. Q.E.D.” “Oh, I hadn’t thought of that,” says God, who promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:35am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:39am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]If you pray for rain long enough, it eventually does fall. If you pray for floodwaters to abate, they eventually do. The same happens in the absence of prayers.[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:40am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]No actual tyrant known to history has ever been guilty of one-hundredth of the crimes, massacres, and other atrocities attributed to the Deity in the Bible.[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:41am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:43am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]The Bible contains legendary, historical and ethical contents. It is quite possible to consider them separately, and one doesn’t have to accept the legends in order to get the ethics. Fundamentalists make a grave mistake to insist on the letter of the writings, because they drive away many who can’t swallow the Adam-and-Eve bit.[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by mamagee3(f): 2:44am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=52pt]"The real smart-asses of our time are the most secretive ones but the ignorant dafts are the biggest dummies known to man."[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:57am On Jun 07, 2011
[size=13pt]mama-gee why are you writing in super bold font? see the large space you've just wasted . grin grin[/size]
Re: Random Quotes by mamagee3(f): 2:46am On Jun 09, 2011
^^I was trying to get it into your head. tongue grin
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2011
Some people like my advice so much that they frame it upon the wall instead of using it. ~Gordon R. Dickson
Re: Random Quotes by BABE3: 10:13am On Jun 10, 2011
A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future ~~ Coco Chanel.
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:23am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^Sup Babe!, welcome to our Awesome Quotes Club. wink
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2011
A man sooner or later discovers that he is the master-gardener of his soul, the director of his life.
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2011
It is a good divine that follows his own instructions. ~William Shakespeare
Re: Random Quotes by BABE3: 10:28am On Jun 10, 2011
Hey Phate darling! cheesy wink

Never make important decision(s) when you're angry~~ BABE!
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:32am On Jun 10, 2011
^^^Hope you been good! kiss kiss

For me, i dont like making decisions at all when am angry or pissed off.

I have sworn to only live free. Even if I find bitter the taste of death, I don't want to die humiliated or deceived. -- Osama bin Laden
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:33am On Jun 10, 2011
The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others.
Re: Random Quotes by BABE3: 10:35am On Jun 10, 2011
Life is all about a$$, you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it~~ Lord STewie GrIffin
Re: Random Quotes by BABE3: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2011
Yup, I've been Good! you? smiley

Good for you---when we're angry our judgement is most likely clouded.
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:47am On Jun 10, 2011
Am great. Been lil bit busy over here with stuff. wink

You still watching Family Guy? shocked shocked
Re: Random Quotes by BABE3: 10:56am On Jun 10, 2011
Great!

lol--Family guy is an adult cartoon now-- and yes, I still do! Stewie is my husband.

One of the most amazing things in the world is having someone fall in love with you; who you thought you never had a chance with ~~ Anonymous.
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:07am On Jun 10, 2011
[size=13pt]I know that was your reason. . .Yep! right with my thought. . . cheesy cheesy wink[/size]

mama-gee:

^^I was trying to get it into your head. tongue grin
Re: Random Quotes by Ogaga4Luv(m): 11:10am On Jun 10, 2011
[size=13pt]Nice one. i already and first person to like em on facebook smiley smiley wink[/size]
Phate07:

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others.
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. wink
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:52pm On Jul 24, 2011

Men of genius are admired. Men of wealth are envied. Men of power are feared, but only men of character are trusted. ---Arthur Friedman.
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 10:56pm On Jul 24, 2011
If it is to be, it is up to me.
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 11:01pm On Jul 24, 2011

Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things.--- Thomas K. Connellan
Re: Random Quotes by Phate07(m): 3:59am On Jul 25, 2011

Children live what they learn

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.

If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.

If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.

If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.

If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.

If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.

If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.

If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.

If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.

If children live with praise, they learn
appreciation.

If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.

If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.

If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.

If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.

If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.

If children live with fairness, they learn justice.

If children live with kindness and
consideration, they learn respect.

If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.

If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.
Re: Random Quotes by Nobody: 10:41pm On Aug 04, 2011

1) Heavy rains remind us of challenges in life. Never ask for a lighter rain. Just pray for a better umbrella. That is ATTITUDE

2) When flood comes, fish eat ants & when flood recedes, ants eat fish. Only time matters.

3) Some people always throw stones in your path. It depends on you what you make with them, Wall or Bridge?
Remember you are the architect of your life.

4) Every problem has (n+1) solutions, where n is the number of solutions that you have tried and 1 is that you have not tried. That’s life.

5) It’s not important to hold all the good cards in life. But it’s important how well you play with the cards which you hold.

6) Often when we lose all hope & think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, "relax dear its just a bend. Not the end". Have Faith and have a successful life.

7) When you feel sad, to cheer up just go to the mirror and say, "Damn I am really so cute" and you will overcome your sadness. But don’t make this a habit coz liars go to hell. grin

cool One of the basic differences between God and human is, God gives, gives and forgives. But human gets, gets, gets and forgets. Be thankful in life!

Always be a first rate version of yourself, instead of a second rate version of somebody else.
- Judy Garland

Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.
- Anthony J. D'Angelo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

12 Tips To Write Your First Short Story / I Am Flow1759 / E-book, Wole Soyinka's Lion And The Jewel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.