Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,148 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring (8111 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: Three Justices That Sat On Appeal Court Panel Transferred / Train Attack: Bandits Forced Their Way In And Abducted Some Persons, Says Witnes / Reno Omokri's TEDx Talk On Restructuring, Everyone Is Talking About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Nobody: 6:04am On Jan 06, 2021
BY ERNEST NZOR, Abuja

A former governor of Ogun State, Olusegun Osoba, alleged yesterday that some powerful persons frustrated the detailed report by the All Progressives Congress (APC) on restructuring of the country.

Osoba expressed shock that the report by the Governor Nasir el-Rufai-led committee on restructuring was yet to be implemented despite its adoption by all organs of the party.

The APC stalwart who disclosed this while speaking as a guest on ARISE News also joined the call by some APC leaders for the Southern region to produce President Muhammadu Buhari’s successor in 2023.

He said the idea of power rotation was part of the gentlemanly understanding that was reached during the merger that formed the APC.

While stressing that founding members of the APC refused to put zoning in the party’s constitution because it is contrary to the Nigerian constitution, Osoba stressed that the understanding when the party was being formed in 2013 was that the Northern region would produce the president, while the chairman would come from the South.

He noted that the presidency would come to the south in 2023.

Responding to a question on the failure of the party to proceed with restructuring of the country, Osoba said ACN wing of the APC went into the merger with the desire to restructure the country along lines of true federalism, among others.

Osoba who was chairman of the constitution drafting committee during the APC merger in 2013 said many provisions that would serve as checks and balances within the party were laid out.

He said, “We insisted on a true federalism and a restructuring of the country and we insisted that this should be part of the promise that we will make to Nigerians. On the issue of restructuring, it was embedded in the APC manifesto. If you Google the manifesto of APC today you will see the promise that we made to Nigerians.

“So, we fought for it. After we won the election, it took some time before we were able to get to the point of addressing the issue of restructuring. It was Governor John Oyegun as chairman that setup a very powerful committee under the chairmanship of governor of Kaduna State, el-Rufai and the current minster of Internal Affairs who was then governor of Osun State, a very strong advocate of true federalism.

“The committee did a very exhaustive and scientific analysis. They tested opinions in all the zones. And an exhaustive report was written on the restructuring of Nigeria. They accepted state police, resource control, control of local goverment under the states, cancellation of 774 local governments put in the constitution. It was a comprehensive report that was scientific in its approach. And it went before our National Working Committee (NWC) where it was fully debated and agreed to.

“It was brought to us at the national caucus, a group of past administrators, including past presidents, vice president, past speakers past governors and those calibre of people with the president. We debated and adjusted it. The following day it was taken to National Executive Committee (NEC) which is the final body and it was adopted. I must say it has gone through all the organs of the party. What is now left then was to send the report to the National Assembly to debate and ensure a lot of the provisions are agreed to.

“To my shock, I believe some people sat on that report which in actual fact had gone through all the organs of the party which had in attendance the president and governors. I am surprised that some people could sit on a policy already agreed to by all organs of the party. So that is the state in which we are. I have assessed and I don’t want to talk too much on what effort those of us in the South West have been making and still making to ensure we seriously address this issue”.

The former governor, who spoke on the 2023 presidency, said former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu, has the right to contest.

He also added that no aspirant from the South East has approached him for the 2023 presidency.

He said, “Bola Tinubu has the right. We did not zero in on any individual. It is Tinubu’s right to put himself forward. We in the South West have to first of all unite. There are too many groups in the south west – the Yoruba Council of Elders, the Afenifere; too many groups.

“We need to come together to speak with one voice, and if we want to get the presidency let all of us fight and make sure the South West becomes a voice to get the thing. I am not going to zero in on any individual now.

“Nobody in the South East has contacted me and I must say I am a reasonable elder in the party. Nobody in the South East has contacted me to lobby to even say we are interested.

“I recall I was very strong in the campaign of MKO Abiola in 1992. We went round the whole of the East. He and I went to see Dr Namdi Azikiwe in his house.”
https://leadership.ng/some-persons-sat-on-apc-report-on-restructuring-osoba/?amp=1

3 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Sabadon(m): 6:31am On Jan 06, 2021
Who be the people wen siddon ontop the matter if not you corrupt lot, thats if theres even a restructuring plan in the first place. Sweet talkers oshi, always playing to the gallery.

22 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Tolumiide: 6:32am On Jan 06, 2021
Restructuring Nigeria should not be a party agenda. It's everyones business. What happened to 2014 confab?

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by fasho01(m): 6:33am On Jan 06, 2021
It just goes to show that our leaders don't have the good interest of the country or its people at heart. They're only interested in themselves and how to keep making governance lucrative for themselves

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by ipobarethieves: 6:34am On Jan 06, 2021
sad

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by cjudy(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2021
Very set of wicked people.

8 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by emmasege: 6:35am On Jan 06, 2021
If we had a functional government, should APC be the one to decide on the manner of restructuring the country needs? What is the responsibility of the National Assembly? NASS has lost its relevance in this dispensation as it has been reduced to a loan-approving and budget-approving arm of government. Aside these, they are are utterly useless!

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by adioolayi(m): 6:35am On Jan 06, 2021
Exactly...It was the paper manifesto and the Buhari is a very strong anticoruption advocate and a no nonsense man mantra we fell for.

APC...you deceived me and many millions of Nigeria angry angry angry

12 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by simple250: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2021
We need to know our enemies mention their names .

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Zetty177x: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2021
I don't want to read anything with that word 'APC' for my sanity's sake

6 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by WiszyFraud: 6:36am On Jan 06, 2021
Damn Niggarrr

Is.not.alright grin

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by ipobarethieves: 6:37am On Jan 06, 2021
sad Some pipu in government dnt want us to move forward/break the CURSE of SETBACK.Dey prefer the status quo sad

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by 30naira: 6:38am On Jan 06, 2021
The person sitting on the report, is he or she bigger than the president? If the president and the party want to achieve a goal, is there any individual within the party strong enough to stop them? Or is it simply that there is no real intention to restructure?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2021
Are they restructuring apc or Nigeria? That report is null and void since it was organized by a political party.

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Zetty177x: 6:39am On Jan 06, 2021
Sabadon:
Who be the people wen siddon ontop the matter if not you corrupt lot, thats if theres even a restructuring plan in the first place. Sweet talkers oshi, always playing to the gallery.

I for like give APC this kain blow

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by kayusely70(m): 6:40am On Jan 06, 2021
The Truth Would Be Exposed Very Soon.
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by zeusdgrt(m): 6:40am On Jan 06, 2021
Dem nor get sense na
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by whela(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2021
Funny. Always blaming someone, somebody somewhere. Sounds like Aisha buhari, same as lai Mohammed and Femi Adeshina.
Apc one day would blame it's name for failing the nation.
Would be nice if he mentions their names.

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by overseer1(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2021
El-Rufai and his co-traveller

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Wiljemz777(m): 6:42am On Jan 06, 2021
APC-led government isn’t ready for anything because it’s not a people oriented government. I

2 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by MisterGrace: 6:43am On Jan 06, 2021
No truer words. The northern politicians, nobody else.

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Chekwume16(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2021
They have come with their deceit again for election. He is now trying to absolve tinubu from the delay in restructuring and put the blame on northerners in buhari's government. Nobody should fall for this. We need a new party to take this country forward or let the country break up along tribal lines period!

5 Likes

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by bewla(m): 6:44am On Jan 06, 2021
Your wahala as for me and my house hold we have decided to move obp
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Fheelzz(m): 6:45am On Jan 06, 2021
Issokay
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by realstars: 6:46am On Jan 06, 2021
The Big Looters
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by Xzellentgraphic: 6:50am On Jan 06, 2021
Useless people...I will design a banner. Logo ir flyer for your business at an affordable price...check my signature for my contact details
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by TheStranger: 6:51am On Jan 06, 2021
This country is a joke
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by JaneYave(f): 6:52am On Jan 06, 2021
Smiles, we hear different stories everyday.
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by onoms4luv(m): 6:55am On Jan 06, 2021
Mention their names

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2021
What happened to the 2014 confab report?
Restructuring is supposed to be under the responsibilities of the NASS but our rubber-stamp NASS is as useless as the "P" in Psychology.
If anyone is waiting for restructuring under this devilish APC, be ready to wait till eternity.

1 Like

Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by gboyetade: 6:56am On Jan 06, 2021
Not unexpected
Re: Osoba: Some Persons Sat On APC Report On Restructuring by lagosrd: 6:57am On Jan 06, 2021
When we told you that you're local champions, you're there making noise. They taught you yet another lesson in Nigeria politics. Tinubu cannot be president ,don't kill yourself. The north has already placed embargo on him and they started the day their man was installed.

Part of it played out when they used power to wrestle kogi and ondo out of his strength.

They made sure he doesn't have any position in the party hierarchy and started to disobey his number 2 man.

He withdrew back, only fayose an opposition was the one supporting him. They used him to dislodge those that made president possible, the NPDP and they now faced him squarely.

Lies, deception, propaganda, denial and deceit are their hallmark.

When they almost relegated him and 2019 election. Was close, they called him again to come and bankroll the election in as much they will win and he even brandished bullion van on their behalf.

They deceived him with supremacy and those lies. They used him and Oshihomole extensively , got back to power and declared no zooming arrangement again.

They have sent their choice to kuje prison , he is back from prison and everyone has gone to his house yo greet him. The eastern part is their new bride now although not without a lot of landmines cos the person they will put as his deputy will be so shocking to you all.

When next you're digging your enemy's pit don't make it too deep cos you could fall in there yourself.

Obasanjo that you called an analog president now , you can't go back to him. Most PDP in south west that can deliver for you , you rarely don't want to see them.

The idea of a godfather politician has long been eroded while you were all sleeping and now things have changed .

I wish you the best in your pursuit.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram Menace ‘ll End In June – Jonathan / Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu And The British Connection. / First Picture From IPOB Protest March In Onitsha.15min Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.