Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

New CAC Portal - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New CAC Portal (808 Views)

How To Reactivate Your Business From Inactive To Active On The Cac Portal / About The New CAC E-certificates / Do I Have To Register New CAC For Each of my Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New CAC Portal by elyonchee(f): 8:21am On Jan 06, 2021
The new CAC portal introduced new features. Business name can either be registered as a sole proprietor or Partnership. Also if a business name wants to upgrade to company limited, it can be done via the portal now, although the feature is not effective for now. Also companies can now register as single directors and single shareholders. Also there is something called persons with significant control that deals of the percentage of shares the shareholders hold directly or indirectly in the limited company.
Small companies and companies with single shareholders, don't need to appoint secretary but I think it is always good to have a secretary, they always keep the registered entity in check. Big companies aka private companies limited by shares other than small companies must have secretary. Big companies are companies, having share capital higher than 1m share capital.
It is no longer mandatory for small companies to file annual returns with financial statement, just filing the annual return forms is enough. Only big companies and public companies must attach their financial statements.
Also incorporated trustees such as NGO, churches, mosques, clubs or societies must obtain consent of the registrar general via the portal.
Re: New CAC Portal by incogni2o: 8:42am On Jan 06, 2021
Thanks for this.

How much exluding name reservation.
Re: New CAC Portal by moshoodn(m): 3:33pm On Feb 05, 2021
How much do you charge for Incorporated Trustees?

My wife wants to register a foundation.
Re: New CAC Portal by elyonchee(f): 4:23pm On Feb 06, 2021
moshoodn:
How much do you charge for Incorporated Trustees?

My wife wants to register a foundation.
Re: New CAC Portal by elyonchee(f): 4:26pm On Feb 06, 2021
incogni2o:
Thanks for this.

How much exluding name reservation.
for business name or ltd
It is still 19800 for business name. Name reservation is compulsory, it is the first step before registration.
LTD is 51k for one million naira share capital.
Re: New CAC Portal by wisdomdessy: 4:37pm On Feb 06, 2021
Is the free Business name registration working at all?
Re: New CAC Portal by elyonchee(f): 1:43pm On Feb 17, 2021
wisdomdessy:
Is the free Business name registration working at all?
No
Re: New CAC Portal by elyonchee(f): 3:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
elyonchee:
The new CAC portal introduced new features. Business name can either be registered as a sole proprietor or Partnership. Also if a business name wants to upgrade to company limited, it can be done via the portal now, although the feature is not effective for now. Also companies can now register as single directors and single shareholders. Also there is something called persons with significant control that deals of the percentage of shares the shareholders hold directly or indirectly in the limited company.
Small companies and companies with single shareholders, don't need to appoint secretary but I think it is always good to have a secretary, they always keep the registered entity in check. Big companies aka private companies limited by shares other than small companies must have secretary. Big companies are companies, having share capital higher than 1m share capital.
It is no longer mandatory for small companies to file annual returns with financial statement, just filing the annual return forms is enough. Only big companies and public companies must attach their financial statements.
Also incorporated trustees such as NGO, churches, mosques, clubs or societies must obtain consent of the registrar general via the portal.
Re: New CAC Portal by namqul(m): 10:17pm On Mar 06, 2021
Cac Wahala is too much with useless queries e be like na aboki people full there
Re: New CAC Portal by seunlovingme(m): 4:40pm On Apr 28, 2021
namqul:
Cac Wahala is too much with useless queries e be like na aboki people full there
I have been trying to register a business name for a friend but all to no avail. Already reserved the business name, paid 10k for registration but still pending, no even a query for almost 2 months ago. I have called all their customer service several time but same issue. Kindly help me with way forward pls.
Re: New CAC Portal by elyonchee(f): 10:23am On May 06, 2021
seunlovingme:

I have been trying to register a business name for a friend but all to no avail. Already reserved the business name, paid 10k for registration but still pending, no even a query for almost 2 months ago. I have called all their customer service several time but same issue. Kindly help me with way forward pls.
Well the only way is to write a complaint letter and submit through courier or the gate of any CAC office. If the registration was paid before 31st of March 2021.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Learn Solar Energy And CCTV Installation / 7 Grants Small Businesses Should Check Out In 2021 / The Hero's Walk - Documentary On The Igbo Apprentice System(Video and photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.