Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! (10917 Views)

I Was Arrested For Having Twitter And VPN On My Phone In Ibadan - Tomiwa Oni / See This Funny Sanwo-Olu Campaign Poster I Saw In A Danfo Bus Today / Rashida Yahaya Bello Posts About Iftar On Twitter And Got These Replies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Bodyodour: 3:41pm On Jan 06, 2021
The is true. We pray to God to solve our problems when he has already given us the resources(Are we sure we are praying to the right God sef because they are over 500 religions in the world. Pastors keep cashing out from the poor masses. Why didn't they use their healing power to cure this sickness

We will always be at the mercy of the whites if we don't stop all this stupid religious stuffs.

Lalasticlala

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by NextD18: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2021
Hate it or not, this is nothing but the bitter truth about Africa, not just Africa but Nigeria in particular.

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by BigSarah(f): 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2021
That's a fact, even though I don't support generalization. But a lot is wrong in the Motherland

16 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by budaatum: 3:49pm On Jan 06, 2021
Bodyodour:

We will always be at the mercy of the whites if we don't stop all this stupid religious stuffs.
I see you have stopped. See how you refused to write what you wrote in white people language. I bet you used made in Nigeria phone too and published it on the Nigeria Internet.

I so love China. It's like they are curious Mary and we are wailing like Martha. China stole white brains and are now the manufacturers of the entire world and everyone is at their mercy while you are calling whites your enemy as if whites get your time, when the truth is, we are our own enemies!

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Omihanifa: 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2021
What the lady is saying is the truth and it's because we have stupid leaders in Africa that doesn't believe in the continent.

When our leaders don't believe in us how do they expect us to make ground breaking descovries or innovation undecided

When researchers ask for grants to research they won't give them the money and yet they expect us to compete with whites that trust their own

6 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by VaselineCrew: 3:58pm On Jan 06, 2021
budaatum:

I see you have stopped. See how you refused to write what you wrote in white people language. I bet you used made in Nigeria phone too and published it on the Nigeria Internet.

I so love China. It's like they are curious Mary and we are wailing like Martha. China stole white brains and are now the manufacturers of the entire world and everyone is at their mercy while you are calling whites your enemy as if whites get your time, when the truth is, we are our own enemies!

We are definitely our own worst enemies.

Just look at election cycles... every time, we blacks here in Nigeria have an opportunity to elect a leader, instead of searching for the best, we always pick from amongst the worst cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

and then the tribalism that is worse than any form of racism I've seen

we hate ourselves soo much, we can't even undo what the British did by separating, because, everyone wants to pull the other person/tribe down

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Sunofgod(m): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2021

In Nigeria, millions of people brush their teeth with different brands of toothpaste every day. The country’s large population size provides immense potentials for toothpaste manufacturers hoping to take their shares of the market. This explains why there are at least thirty different toothpaste brands available in the Nigerian market, examples of which are Dabur, Oral-B, Pepsodent, Colgate, Close-Up, etc. Out of the lot, we have chosen to compare Close-Up and Oral-B in this week’s battle of the substitutes.

The history of Close-Up in Nigeria
Close-Up has had a long and successful history in Nigeria ever since its introduction in 1975 by Unilever. Being the only brand in the market for many years enabled it to garner millions of loyal consumers. Today, the brand is still one of the biggest in the country, thanks to good marketing strategies and widespread distribution channels.

Also, Close-Up is constantly being enhanced through innovation in quality, even as it is given needful visibility through creative advertisements. All these have helped to sustain its success.

Close-Up Nigeria is part of a global, very successful brand of gel toothpaste available in North America (USA and Canada), as well as India, Sri Lanka, etc. In Nigeria, the toothpaste brand is still manufactured by Unilever Nigeria Plc.

About Oral-B
Oral-B is relatively new in the market, having just been introduced in 2011. This makes it more than thirty years younger than Close-Up. Judging by its relative popularity and success however, it is almost difficult to believe that it has existed for barely a few years. Apparently, Oral-B is leveraging its quality standard and the impeccable track records of Procter & Gamble (its manufacturer) to ensure success.

Much like Close-Up, Oral-B is a global brand. In Nigeria, it is constantly undergoing modification and offering variants to consumers even as strategic advertisement is used to keep it visible.

Similarities between Close-Up and Oral-B
Virtually all toothpaste are composed of the same ingredients. What makes them unique, therefore, is the formulation, the packaging, and the marketing strategy utilised to sell the products’ benefits to the target audience. In this vein, both Close-Up and Oral-B are quality brands. According to Nneka Emmanuel who uses Oral-B and Close-Up, “Both are good in terms of quality. Before the introduction of Oral-B, I used to only brush my teeth with Close-Up toothpaste. When Oral-B came and I tried it, I liked it immediately, just as much as I like Close-Up. So, I’ve been using both alternately ever since.”

Both brands are also manufactured by very reputable companies with good pedigrees. Procter & Gamble and Unilever are two of the biggest consumer goods producers in Nigeria, and indeed the world. For many years, they have been producing essential products that are used every day by Nigerians.

The products are also well-marketed. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons why Close-Up has remained relevant till date is because of the effective marketing strategy adopted by its manufacturer. Similarly, Oral-B was able to achieve astronomical growth, thanks in part to effective marketing.

Both Close-Up and Oral-B engage in relevant corporate social responsibility. Unilever is known to sponsor several youth programmes on university campuses during which it shares its products, specifically the different variants of Close-Up. Likewise, P&G regularly embarks on CSR missions, providing free dental checks to Nigerians.

Finally, both brands offer different tube sizes such as 140g, 140g x2, 140g x3, etc. All of these go for similar prices. In the same vein, the brands offer variants such as herbal, deep action, etc.

Differences between Close-Up and Oral-B
Aside from the fact that Close-Up is over thirty years older than Oral-B, other factors help to differentiate between them. These factors include taste, colour, and packaging. For instance, while Close-Up products are predominantly red (as the herbals), Oral-B is mostly turquoise blue. Same goes for their packaging.

Another difference between them is the fact that Close-Up has a 30g X2, sachet-packed product in the market. This helps Close-Up to reach consumers of different financial capacities. Oral-B currently does not have such an offering in the market.

Market Survey
From our interaction with some toothpaste users in Lagos, it is obvious that not only is Close-Up still popular in the country, it is also widely used. Most of the respondents noted that they have literarily used Close-Up all their lives.

“Close-Up is the only toothpaste brand I’ve used all my life. I like the smell, the taste, the colour and the effect it has in my mouth. I also like the fact that the prices have remained consistently affordable. Also, they now offer variants of herbal and whatnot. I like it.” said Tunde, a teacher resident in Lagos.

Others like Nneka Emmanuel said that they use Close-Up most of the time, but also alternate it with Oral-B, especially when they cannot easily access Close-Up.

Also, some others said that they switched completely from Close-Up to Oral-B because they think that the latter has more to offer.

“For many years, I used Close-Up. But after I came across Oral-B and tried it, I had to ditch Close-Up immediately. Today, my family and I use Oral-B. To be frank, Oral-B offers a greater advantage. That’s the only reason why it has done so well within the short time it’s been around” said Mrs Ajao, a banker.

Meanwhile, Mama Lateef, a neighbourhood convenient store owner in Iyana-Ipaja, Lagos said that although her customers buy both Close-Up and Oral-B, she typically runs out of the former first. Speaking further, she said that the reason for this is “…because Close-Up has been around for a long, long time and attracted a lot of fans. I myself use only Close-Up, especially the herbal type.”

As always, we conducted a Twitter poll as a way of gathering more data for our comparison. In the poll, we asked our followers to choose their best brand among Close-Up, Oral-B, Colgate and any other toothpaste brand(s). Out of the total number of respondents, 32% said that Close-Up is their favourite. This is closely followed by Oral-B, which 29% of respondents said is their favourite. Colgate came in third place with a 25% vote, while 14% of the votes went to the others.

This poll result is indicative of the close competition between Oral-B and Close-Up – one of the reasons we chose to compare the two. It also clearly shows that many Nigerians still like the pioneering toothpaste brand in Nigeria. Therefore, based on these findings, we declare Close-Up the winner of this week’s battle of the substitutes.

https://nairametrics.com/2018/04/05/battle-of-the-substitutes-close-up-versus-oral-b/

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by MrHighSea: 4:02pm On Jan 06, 2021
see finishing.

charcoal and salt, where are thou?

4 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by joshjc(m): 4:05pm On Jan 06, 2021
What about chewing stick

1 Like

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by owobokiri(m): 4:13pm On Jan 06, 2021
Fake account by an utterly brainwashed Nigerian illiterate who can't tell his right from his left... If you make me the president of this God forsaken country for a single day, one of the first things I will do is to ban the uncontrolled consumption of CNN and Fox news and MSNBC and all those outlets that have destroyed the original African thinking in most of our young ones. Self hate can't develop this space! BTW, the Chinese you guys always mention as good examples, started exactly this way; banning western instruments of mind control! You have to believe in yourself before you can achieve! The noisy ebula that wrote those nonsense is obviously suffering from a very rare case of inferiority complex!

11 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Romanoff(f): 4:16pm On Jan 06, 2021
We don't even patronise those who produce their goods in Nigeria. How we wan grow?

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Patented: 4:20pm On Jan 06, 2021
We had Chewing sticks.

but there are still some lessons in what she said

2 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by 4ckyou: 4:21pm On Jan 06, 2021
But it's same white that brought religion into Africa too.
Before toothpaste we have dogoyaro(chewing stick), it's still better till today and na wetin my dad still they use then.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by alphaNomega: 4:26pm On Jan 06, 2021
Patented:
We had Chewing sticks.

but there are still some lessons in what she said
Chewing stick? So when people are talking about oral hygiene you will mention chewing stick? You are part of the reason why the world sees black people as primates

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by giftedben: 4:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
It is just the hard truth.
It's a pity. Till now we see the white man's lands as a land of opportunity. The only people who have been able to tap from the knowledge of the white man are the chinese. A proud nation.

Nigeria is just a useless country filled with daft people. Seriously if I alone can burn this country, I would have done it a long time ago. This is the reason I support Nnamdi Kanu. I see no future with Nigeria. The more we get it into our thick skull the better for everyone. I am ready to carry arms against the government and I know a lot of people that are willing to do so.

Banditry in the North will be a child's play when eventually it starts in South.

8 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by gaddafe(m): 4:39pm On Jan 06, 2021
4ckyou:
But it's same white that brought religion into Africa too.
Before toothpaste we have dogoyaro(chewing stick), it's still better till today and na wetin my dad still they use then.

No mind them. There are different plants we use in brushing our teeth in ancient Benin kingdom before the coming of potoki (whites). Even religion was not brought by whites. The people of Benin worshipped God before the coming of the white. We had a church which still exist today, Holy Arosa. It's the first church in Africa. Infact what will shock many people is that religion was started by blacks not white. Read your history people, ancient Egyptian were black men and they were the people that originated writing as a result of their trade with Arabs.

3 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Bruno3000(m): 4:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
oyedepo and his gang will not see sense in this woman. bunch of jokers. Africans need help asap.

3 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by flamingREED(m): 4:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
NextD18:
Hate it or not, this is nothing but the bitter truth about Africa, not just Africa but Nigeria in particular.

She thinks everything in America is white.
grin grin grin
Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by tommy589(m): 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
alphaNomega:
Chewing stick? So when people are talking about oral hygiene you will mention chewing stick? You are part of the reason why the world sees black people as primates

So chewing stick make the world see blacks as primate? What were the whites using before the invention of tooth paste

No one sees the Chinese as primitive because of chop stick

1 Like

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Jimmyubah2: 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
Stupid white supremacist. Where is the vaccine from Madagascar Africa?
Give me the Madagascar Covid- 19 vaccine please.
Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
This is what's missing in the black brains

1 Like

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:40pm On Jan 06, 2021
Hmmmmmmm, this is deep!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by WoundedLamb: 5:42pm On Jan 06, 2021
As usual, they've all gathered here to complain and blame Africa and the imaginary Africans. Lol
Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by ostechno(m): 6:25pm On Jan 06, 2021
Bodyodour:
The is true. We pray to God to solve our problems when he has already given us the resources(Are we sure we are praying to the right God sef because they are over 500 religions in the world. Pastors keep cashing out from the poor masses. Why didn't they use their healing power to cure this sickness

Christians would be hating on scientist like they're the problem the world is facing
If not for science, millions would have died of many diseases, I know some people will definitely want to quote me saying science created viruses, viruses has long existed even before science started gaining ground, leaving millions of people dead back then. I'm a Christian but when I see the way other Christians talk sometime, I just feel disappointed.
Scientists said the earth is 4.5 billion years old, some Christians say it's 6000 years old, lol, some people on this forum even called them lunatics.

Tons of scientist are out there keeping watch for any external threats (e.g asteroid) ready to stop them anytime. Someone here in naija will just start spitting out rubbish, not know what's really happening on our planet.

It's time African, most especially Nigerians start changing. We've let religion become our drawback, even Islamic countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia are now easing their Islamic laws to aid development in their country.

I hope Nigerian start realizing that it's time to change.

4 Likes

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by capitalzero: 6:31pm On Jan 06, 2021
Bodyodour:

More tweets

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by ostechno(m): 6:32pm On Jan 06, 2021
Jimmyubah2:
Stupid white supremacist. Where is the vaccine from Madagascar Africa?
Give me the Madagascar Covid- 19 vaccine please.
grin grin
Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by somehow: 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
budaatum:

china stole what?
seems you dont know the history of china.

The so called oyinbo stole most of the innovations you are seeing today from others.

1 Like

Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by ostechno(m): 6:34pm On Jan 06, 2021
Last year, when I heard that a team of scientist in Nigeria want to research covid-19 vaccine. Where are they now grin grin, Nigeria doesn't even have facilities to do that.
Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by ChiefJusticeFuc: 6:35pm On Jan 06, 2021
Praising them for the vaccine then you must condemn them for the virus.
Re: I Saw This On Twitter And Its Fucking True! by capitalzero: 6:36pm On Jan 06, 2021
ostechno:

Christians would be hating on scientist like they're the problem the world is facing
If not do science, millions would have died of many diseases, I know some people will definitely want to quote me saying science created viruses, viruses has long existed even before science started gaining ground, leaving millions of people dead back then. I'm a Christian but when I see the way other Christians talk sometime, I just feel disappointed.
Scientists said the earth is 4.5 billion years old, some Christians say it's 6000 years old, how did , lol, some people on this forum even called them lunatics.

Tons of scientist are out there keeping watch of any external threats (e.g asteroid) ready to stop them anytime. Someone here in naija will just start spitting out rubbish, not know what's really happening on our planet.

It's time African, most especially Nigerians start changing. We've let religion become our drawback, even Islamic countries like UAE and Saudi Arabia are now easing their Islamic laws to aid development in their country.

I hope Nigerian start realizing that it's time to change.

It is culture that it is dragging Africa Africa backward not religion. Our culture influences how we practice religion. We must start deculturization.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dokpesi: If I Hate SE, I Wouldn’t Have Given IPOB A Platform On My Stations / PDP Moves To Remove Organising Secretary Over Incompetence, Arrogance / AIT Yanks Atiku Off The Air At Leadership Newspaper Award.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.