Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,152 members, 7,849,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello (447 Views)

Passengers Kidnapped From 18-Seater Bus On Kogi-Abuja Highway / 3 Persons Arrested For Insulting President Buhari And Governor Masari / Femi Falana Speaks On Kogi, Bayelsa Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Oziamodu11: 6:19am On Jan 07, 2021
I would clearly love to state from this onset that I am not from Kogi State and most importantly, I am a card carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party. After undertaking a short visit to Kogi at the invitation of my very good friend, Robert Arome Eboh, it is important I give my honest assessment of the situation I met on ground. Robert has been my very good friend since my secondary school days, we have both participated in protests, peaceful marches and share a similar view when it comes to politics. In 2019, Robert worked with me as the director of contact and mobilization for the Progressive Youths Initiative of Nigeria, a support group for former vice president Atiku Abubakar. As an activist, he has been one of most dedicated people I know, you can’t buy him. Robert constantly led series of attacks on the government of Yahaya Bello in its early days. He was a strong critic of the government. During the 2019 elections, Robert called me one Sunday afternoon and as we were drinking, he opened up and said, “Mike, I have been criticizing wrongly, Bello has been a product of a negative media attack by the PDP”. I was shocked to hear this. I wondered and asked if it was the same Bello that was owing workers and he said “I took a trip to Kogi after 8months of not traveling, I could not recognize my community. Good roads among other amenities. The PDP never did this things for us. When I spoke to my leader, Austin Okai, he said we shouldn’t care, all we want is to get back power.” READ Tinubu Respects Me As Buhari’s Political Son – Bello I advised Robert that if what is on ground is better than what is in the media, then it is his duty to tell people the truth. He told me that people will say he has been bought and I told him that a clear conscience fears nothing. On the salary issue, Robert found out that the past government had thousands of ghost workers on its payroll and Bello was not committed in allowing such to happen. He wanted all workers to be digitally identified and they said he was owing workers. Who in their right senses will just wake up and owe workers for months? A year and six months later, as he took me round Kogi State, I was impressed with what I saw on ground. Recently, the economic numbers coming out of Kogi has been great. Robert showed me at least a project done in each LGA by this government. Something that has been lacking in previous administrations.

http://kogireports.com/an-outsiders-unpopular-opinion-on-kogi-state-and-governor-yahaya-bello

1 Like

Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by bewla(m): 6:23am On Jan 07, 2021
g
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Babzrockman: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2021
I hope that outsider passed through Lokoja as well.

Fine Yahaya Bello hasn't been on the wrong side of the news these days. But in terms of Infrastructure, Yahaya Bello got f9
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by popsy2(m): 6:39am On Jan 07, 2021
Lol
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Greatfuture: 6:41am On Jan 07, 2021
You registered just to post this rubish,those of you writing praises are the problems of good government not those in power

2 Likes

Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by engrfcuksmtin(m): 6:42am On Jan 07, 2021
The outsider should visit Kogi West for to see more fine roads with with deep potholes. Outsider my foot angry
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by nabiz(m): 6:58am On Jan 07, 2021
Oziamodu11:
I would clearly love to state from this onset that I am not from Kogi State and most importantly, I am a card carrying member of the Peoples Democratic Party. After undertaking a short visit to Kogi at the invitation of my very good friend, Robert Arome Eboh, it is important I give my honest assessment of the situation I met on ground. Robert has been my very good friend since my secondary school days, we have both participated in protests, peaceful marches and share a similar view when it comes to politics. In 2019, Robert worked with me as the director of contact and mobilization for the Progressive Youths Initiative of Nigeria, a support group for former vice president Atiku Abubakar. As an activist, he has been one of most dedicated people I know, you can’t buy him. Robert constantly led series of attacks on the government of Yahaya Bello in its early days. He was a strong critic of the government. During the 2019 elections, Robert called me one Sunday afternoon and as we were drinking, he opened up and said, “Mike, I have been criticizing wrongly, Bello has been a product of a negative media attack by the PDP”. I was shocked to hear this. I wondered and asked if it was the same Bello that was owing workers and he said “I took a trip to Kogi after 8months of not traveling, I could not recognize my community. Good roads among other amenities. The PDP never did this things for us. When I spoke to my leader, Austin Okai, he said we shouldn’t care, all we want is to get back power.” READ Tinubu Respects Me As Buhari’s Political Son – Bello I advised Robert that if what is on ground is better than what is in the media, then it is his duty to tell people the truth. He told me that people will say he has been bought and I told him that a clear conscience fears nothing. On the salary issue, Robert found out that the past government had thousands of ghost workers on its payroll and Bello was not committed in allowing such to happen. He wanted all workers to be digitally identified and they said he was owing workers. Who in their right senses will just wake up and owe workers for months? A year and six months later, as he took me round Kogi State, I was impressed with what I saw on ground. Recently, the economic numbers coming out of Kogi has been great. Robert showed me at least a project done in each LGA by this government. Something that has been lacking in previous administrations.

http://kogireports.com/an-outsiders-unpopular-opinion-on-kogi-state-and-governor-yahaya-bello
all these paid media supporter are worst than devil by misleading people. So you did not travel with your phone to take picture of the good work that boy is doing. Can you mention name of project that yaya bello has commissioned. Can you mention on economic economics or developmental policy that he has initiated. Pls medical should stop packaging bad products to us. If bello want to be a president he should wake up from his dream. Nigerian are now wiser

1 Like

Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Valkrie: 7:32am On Jan 07, 2021
Greatfuture:
You registered just to post this rubish,those of you writing praises are the problems of good government not those in power

No mind am...from his moniker the op is an ebira person from Kogi central masquerading as an outsider..very unintelligent folks like his towns man Yahaya Bello.....go to Kogi and ask people at random and you would hear the truth..go to offices and ask civil servants in that state and you would hear the truth...Kogi people passed and still passing though hell in the hands of these idiots...there are still salaries outstanding even affecting those he claim to have scale through his acclaimed screenings.. salaries paid in percentage. and those eventually cleared later are made to sign a letter of undertaking that they would never ask for their arrears of salaries owed them as a condition to been cleared and return back to voucher...go to Kogi state the truth is there and plain for all to see...no point trying to launder an irredeemable image... The guy is just a failure.. simple..!!
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Charmingrascal(m): 7:33am On Jan 07, 2021
You and your likes are doing everything to position this disaster of a Governor for Presidency.

una better stop day dreaming,
well it is what you are paid for Mr "card carrying member of PDP"

Funny comedians
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Adekdammy: 7:37am On Jan 07, 2021
You just registered and your account and all you can come up with is lies, fear God. How much did he pay you for this propaganda?
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Oziamodu11: 9:25am On Jan 07, 2021
Valkrie:

No mind am...from his moniker the op is an ebira person from Kogi central masquerading as an outsider..very unintelligent folks like his towns man Yahaya Bello.....go to Kogi and ask people at random and you would hear the truth..go to offices and ask civil servants in that state and you would hear the truth...Kogi people passed and still passing though hell in the hands of these idiots...there are still salaries outstanding even affecting those he claim to have scale through his acclaimed screenings.. salaries paid in percentage. and those eventually cleared later are made to sign a letter of undertaking that they would never ask for their arrears of salaries owed them as a condition to been cleared and return back to voucher...go to Kogi state the truth is there and plain for all to see...no point trying to launder an irredeemable image... The guy is just a failure.. simple..!!
Note that i'm not the writer of this post, i copied it from kogireports.com so how do i disguise?
Re: An Outsider’s Unpopular Opinion On Kogi State And Governor Yahaya Bello by Valkrie: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2021
Oziamodu11:
Note that i'm not the writer of this post, i copied it from kogireports.com so how do i disguise?

Ok..when you see such fallacy in the future you ignore it and don't try further to propagate the falsehood especially here....there are people who are directly or indirectly affected by Bello's maladministration and it would be an insult to their person and plight...

(1) (Reply)

NAFDAC Raises Alarm Over Fake COVID-19 Vaccine In Nigeria / 60-year-old Woman ‘commits Suicide’ In Delta / Femi Adeshina - Aburi Accord And Current Drums Of War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.