Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,560 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address (2889 Views)

Soludo Insists Anambra Too Complex For WAEC Holders To Govern / Dangote Wants Only Refinery License Holders To Import Fuel / NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by cassyrooy(m): 1:45pm On Jan 07, 2021
Dear NIMC,

I appreciate your continuous efforts to keep and harmonize a national database and identity of millions of Nigerians, and I acknowledge that challenges abound that may try to undermine all efforts in doing so.

I'll not try to stress much on these issues I noticed on the aforementioned topic here on Nairaland, but I'll do well to list some of them in order to put you on the right path, save time for millions of Nigerians and ensure the process, experiences and endeavour is a seamless one.

1. Payment for renewal and replacement: this payment may be justified at some level because of the nature of card production and other logistics involved, hence not much can be said here except for the fact that millions of Nigerians are extremely poor and may not be able to afford this amount for renewal and/or replacement. Please kindly reevaluate your cost and find ways to bring such fee payable to the minimal level.

2. Fees payable for correction of date of birth, address and other sensitive data: I've gone through numerous releases from your organization as to what it entails to get certain things done but the cost of correcting address and other data may eventually backfire and thwart your ability to capture and keep relevant data of citizens and legal aliens. For example, if Taiwo (from Ekiti) did his registration in Ondo when he went for NYSC and eventually got a job in Abuja, it means that whether he used his Ondo or Ekiti address, his current data will be incomplete because of his subsequent movements and having to pay each time for address field update is irrational to a hustling Nigerian.

Also, when a woman marries, and when she chooses to, will have to cough out more to pay for name change, address change and any other change required for her to be fully captured and updated on your database. Also, when crisis occur like divorce or death, remarriage, any other possible social dynamic, each will attract a field alteration and a fee as well.

My personal takes, you must remove those fees in order to woo Nigerians to make one-stop in any NIMC offices nationwide to submit sensitive information that may be subject of frequent change.

If you must keep 100% information about Nigerians, then you must be willing to give them 110% reasons why they must walk in and freely submit these information.

Thank you.

@lalasticlala
@mynd44
@seun
@dominique

1 Like

Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by NamelessOGBENI(m): 4:35am On Mar 30, 2022
Nobody care to listen.

I'll be paying that fees soonest too
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by BabaJideAFONJA(f): 8:41am On Mar 30, 2022
lalasticlala mynd44 seun dominique e.t.c. Please bring this to the front page. The worst part of the whole thing, is that it takes more than a month for such corrections to reflect on their portal even after such exorbitant fees have been made. Shame!!
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by Confirmedzombie: 10:12am On Jul 08, 2023
What of change of Phone number.
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by ican2020: 3:46pm On Aug 22, 2023
Wickedness raised to power ten by incompetent government agency that had failed repeatedly

National Identity Card offices should be scrapped and National population commission should take over the job of registering and printing of cards

1 Like

Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by Zooposki(f): 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2023
verolamilayo:
I am having problems on my NIN wrong date of birth DOB needs correction modification

Mods, @Seun, @Mynd44, can you please stop the flooding of NIN posts/adverts to the first page of the politics section.
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by florenceolatude: 9:55am On Aug 31, 2023
sad shocked
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by MadamExcellency: 10:00am On Aug 31, 2023
Change of Address and renewal of aging passport photographs should not attract any fees.
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 11:46pm On Sep 06, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Obituary wailers will not sleep tonight APC wonders and terrors reloaded
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by miraolakunle: 11:13am On Oct 11, 2023
angry
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by educalistexco: 8:40am On Nov 08, 2023
The National Identity Management Commission has said that over 500,000 national identity cards for those who enrolled in 2022 are ready for collection.NIMC Spokesman, Loveday Ogbonna, urged enrollees in the year 2022, up to August 2023 and who were yet to pick up their cards , to do so immediately.
Re: Re: NIN Holders To Pay N15,000 To Correct Date Of Birth, 5000 For Name, Address by educalistexco: 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2023
The National Identity Management Commission has said that the national identification number verification service portal has been fully restored. This was made known by its head of corporate communications, Kayode Adegoke, in a statement made available to the press

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igbo Man. Our Parents Though Us How To Hate, Not How To Love. Twitter Video. / 2022 Data On Largest Built-up Urban Areas ( Lagos & Onitsha Tops Again) / Angry Tinubu Attacks FFK Says His ā€œHallucinations now uncontrollableā€

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.