Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,290 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Can you eat this insects - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Can you eat this insects (843 Views)

Black Spaghetti. This Is What It Looks Like. Can You Eat This? / Dr. Ify Aniebo: If You Eat Gala In Nigeria I Feel Bad For You / Would You Eat This Ayam Cemani Chicken From Indonesia? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can you eat this insects by Kcitytv: 3:17am On Jan 09, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EChGYrsfOeU

In Nigeria grasshoppers or Para are usually fried and eaten as food .This insects are mostly cought during rainy season.

Traders make serious profit selling grasshoppers. Do you know that according to Un food and Agricultural organisation, grasshoppers is rich with protein, vitamins, fibre and minerals and it a cheaper option for protein compared to other meat

Re: Can you eat this insects by tillaman(m): 3:36am On Jan 09, 2021
grin
Re: Can you eat this insects by Cutehector(m): 5:46am On Jan 09, 2021
I cannot and will not eat it.
Re: Can you eat this insects by illicit(m): 7:49am On Jan 09, 2021
They are edible, I can but I haven't have the need to....
Re: Can you eat this insects by joyousever(f): 1:12pm On Jan 09, 2021
They are edible, mostly in the North. Here in the South,- South and even in the South- East, winged-termites are what we eat during rainy season. They are rich in nutrition and usually eaten fried or roasted.

1 Like

Re: Can you eat this insects by meobizy(f): 5:45pm On Jan 09, 2021
Africans ate every creature great and small before the white man forced us to focus solely on beef, poultry and pork. I won't mind trying one or two to see if I like it.
Re: Can you eat this insects by Liposure: 6:17pm On Jan 09, 2021
I eat the grasshopper or whatever they call it. Its so delicious, can't wait for it season to come

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Best Pasta Restaurants In Lagos- My Review / Which Nigerian Food Do You Love Or Hate Most? / See The Mango Fruit I Bought For 50 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.