Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

Neco Posts Another Mass Failure In Nov/dec Ssce - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Neco Posts Another Mass Failure In Nov/dec Ssce (633 Views)

Zaria Massacre: Another Mass Grave Exist / How Jonathan Reacted To The $2b Arms Procurement Scandal In Nov 2015 / Nigerian State Set For Another Mass Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Neco Posts Another Mass Failure In Nov/dec Ssce by monkeyleg: 9:09am On Mar 31, 2011
Strange country. The evidence of a party that has failed the common man is too clear for all to see, yet we still have people supporting PDP. Now who is responsible for this?

12 years of total failure, yet we havent learnt anything. Just like the wayward wife who keeps getting pregnant for different men. Shame on us as a people for letting down our future

MINNA— The National Examination Council, NECO, yesterday released its 2010 November/December Senior School Certificate Examination, SSCE, with only only 20.10 per cent of the candidates passing English Language while 34.18 per cent passed Mathematics.

Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of NECO, Professor Promise Okpala, who told newsmen in Minna, yesterday, while giving the breakdown of the result, said 256,827 candidates of the 256,840 candidates who registered wrote the examination.

He said only 51,781 candidates of 235,933, representing 20.10 per cent, passed English Language while 34.18 per cent, which represents 87,508 candidates of 234,959 that sat for Mathematics recorded credit pass

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/03/neco-posts-another-mass-failure-in-novdec-ssce/
Re: Neco Posts Another Mass Failure In Nov/dec Ssce by Pharoh: 9:40am On Mar 31, 2011
This is very sad but why add politics and pdp to all of this?,
Re: Neco Posts Another Mass Failure In Nov/dec Ssce by blacksta(m): 9:57am On Mar 31, 2011
Pharoh:

lol - so who is at fault - 12 years is long time to turn around a failing educational system - abi u need another 50 years -

let all PDP supporters continue applying bandages to a bleeding wound. Your so called leaders have all made provision for their own

children to be schooled outside the country. If your are smart enough as a Nigerian please make your own alternative arrangement

by grace of God - my children will never be part of anything called education in Nigeria as long as pdp remains in government.

THe fact remains - nothing good can come out of party described by an American envoy as a group of people with no ideology and only looking to promote self interest.
Re: Neco Posts Another Mass Failure In Nov/dec Ssce by monkeyleg: 10:11am On Mar 31, 2011
Pharoh:

My brother it is Sad indeed. And thanks for asking the question.

In any sane society, you hold the government in office responsible for failing systems, especially when they are government run.

Please, give one example of e government system or sector that is working. We must learn to take those who claim to lead us to task.

I was educated by the state system, and to be honest, I received excellent education. What is so wrong in asking for the same for your children, your brothers and sisters, and mine.
If we are to be truthful to ourselves (a quality lacking in Nigeria), there is no way anyone can give the last 12 yrs pass mark. So I think it is important that we use clear heads to make our decisions

(1) (Reply)

Head Or Tail You Win / Post Election Violence: We Should All Learn From This And Avoid It / Is Zoning Over?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.