Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? (36883 Views)

Gunmen Kill 7 Wedding Guests In Imo / Bandits Strike In Katsina-Ala Benue, Kill 7, Injures 5 Others (Graphic Pictures) / 3 Teenage Fulani Herders Aged 13, 14, Arrested For Gang-Raping A Girl In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Youngmaster0(m): 8:48am On Jan 10, 2021
Oyo State Security Network or Amotekun has reportedly killed seven herdsmen at Tapa in Ibarapa Central Local Government Area of the state.

Yoruba leaders claimed the murdered herdsmen were kidnappers while Fulani leaders claimed they were innocent herders.

A Yoruba traditional leader in the area insisted that the herdsmen were kidnappers. "Those telling you the story are not here. I am telling you the facts about it. The government needs to take action now. We have reported this case to the government several times. All filling stations are not working here again because of the excesses of the herdsmen," the traditional ruler, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said.

He explained the killing thus: "The first man that was chased to that village went to buy food in Idere as he was about to enter the bush in Tapa. They shot him, and he ran to a village. As his men saw that Amotekun had surrounded the village, they shot at Amotekun and wounded them, and the Amotekun repelled the attack. That was what led to the crisis."

However, a resident of the village, Umaru Abdulkadir, countered the explanation by the traditional.

"Early in the Saturday morning, some men of Amotekun stormed a village belonging to Bororo people. When the Bororo sighted danger, they started running to the Fulani village, about a kilometre from that village. On getting there, the Amotekun shot a Fulani man in the leg, and his people started rushing him to hospital," Abdulkadir told SaharaReporters.

"When the Amotekun saw them going to the hospital, they attacked them on the bike and killed them on the bike. The Amotekun came back and attacked the Fulani village. They have killed seven people as we speak while many have entered villages with bullets." he said.

Also speaking on the incident, the Sarkin Fulani of Oyo State, Alhaji Salihu Abdulkadir, condemned the herdsmen's killing, accusing the Amotekun operatives of engaging in extrajudicial killings.

He said the Amotekun members stormed the Fulani settlement where they opened fire on innocent herders, saying the man killed alongside his two sons was Deputy Sarki in the state.

Abdulkadir dismissed reports that the murdered herders were kidnappers as claimed by Amotekun, stating that they were unharmed herders who had lived in that community for more than 45 years.

He said the deceased made a distress call to him early in the morning to contact the police on his behalf in Oyo State, stating that it was not long before they got a call that he had been killed.

The Fulani leader called for a thorough investigation of the killing to bring the perpetrators to justice.

The police public relations officer in the state, CSP Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed the incident on Saturday in a text message sent to our correspondent in Ibadan but said three persons were killed others were injured.

"When the DPO of Ayete got wind of the incident, he moved in swiftly to ascertain the cause of the attack. In his report, three persons died and two injured. He has since commenced an investigation, and further development will unfold soonest," the police spokesman said.

http://saharareporters.com/2021/01/10/did-amotekun-kill-7-kidnappers-or-innocent-fulani-herders-oyo-depends-who-you-ask

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by benswagtt(m): 8:51am On Jan 10, 2021
H

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Sammy07: 8:52am On Jan 10, 2021
Amotekun Oyo should thread with caution.
They're killing both innocent people and those destabilizing the state.

I'm beginning to feel they're using them.
APC
PDP
Oyo chiefs and some kings.

The three above are using the Oyo Amotekuns to destabilize the State.

Ajíṣebí ọ̀yọ́ lanri. angry

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by donbachi(m): 8:54am On Jan 10, 2021
Just like the ones killing people in the are all innocent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Kapeter(m): 8:55am On Jan 10, 2021
No attack on ethnicities just because they are who they are. Buh any useless marauder will and must surely go down. Thumbs up to Amotekun for a job well done. Get rid of criminal elements. Anybody wey go like cry, buckets dey here o. Amotekun corps need tears wen dem wan take renew their juju. So abeg no waste am.

209 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by seunmsg(m): 9:02am On Jan 10, 2021
The headline is inciting. Saharareporters should do better. This should be about criminality and not tribe. The headline alone has given it an ethnic coloration so it’s going to be difficult for any objective take at this point in time. Sowore must stop the negative reporting of Amotekun’s activities.

121 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Sammy07: 9:02am On Jan 10, 2021
Kapeter:
No attack on ethnicities just because they are who they are. Buh any useless marauder will and must surely go down. Thumbs up to Amotekun for a job well done. Get rid of criminal elements. Anybody wey go like cry, buckets dey here o. Amotekun corps need tears wen dem wan take renew their juju. So abeg no waste am.

Maybe they should change their shakabula too ogun, Ayeta, ofe grin, they're misusing it nah angry
Indigenes won't trust them if they don't use their brains

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by EdoDefence: 9:03am On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:
Amotekun Oyo should thread with caution.
They're killing both innocent people and those destabilizing the state.

I'm beginning to feel they're using them.
APC
PDP
Oyo chiefs and some kings.

The three above are using the Oyo Amotekuns to destabilize the State.

Ajíṣebí ọ̀yọ́ lanri. angry

You should thank them for this, how do you feel having a Fulani village in your land?
In the next 100 yrs they will say they are indigenous to Oyo

251 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by YoonSung76: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2021
Make I no talk
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by LibertyRep: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2021
It is not unexpected that Amotekun will generate such misgivings.

While urging the men of Amotekun to exercise a little restraints, one shd also urge the Fulani communities to purge themselves of the criminal elements amongst them. Tongues are waging, it's no more business as usual.

107 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Sammy07: 9:08am On Jan 10, 2021
EdoDefence:

You should thank them for this, how do you feel having a Fulani village in your land?
In the next 100 yrs they will say they are indigenous to Oyo

That's not my point.
Amoketun is created to tackle criminals in South, it's not directed to a particular tribe or religion.

Didn't you read a report where they clash with some people in Oyo state?
And 2 or 3 people died or so.

6 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by EdoDefence: 9:11am On Jan 10, 2021
Sammy07:

That's not my point.
Amoketun is created to tackle criminals in South, it's not directed to a particular tribe or religion.

Didn't you read a report where they clash with some people in Oyo state?
And 2 or 3 people died or so.

I read it, but this particular one you should applaud them for this. Well I am not trying to force you, Oduduwa Republic is not my land. I only just pictured if it had happened in my own side.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by illicit(m): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2021
Well, well, well....
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:13am On Jan 10, 2021
Except in a shoot out scenario, Amotekun should be arresting criminals and taking them to court rather than shooting at sight.

Government should probe the whole episode.

17 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Sammy07: 9:17am On Jan 10, 2021
EdoDefence:

I read it, but this particular one you should applaud them for this. Well I am not trying to force you, Oduduwa Republic is not my land. I only just pictured if it had happened in my own side.

Well I applaud them kiss

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2021
Fulani herdsmen and innocence shouldn't be in the same sentence

Since the report of their destruction, killing e.t.c how many of them have condemned it

The FG have refused to tag them terrorists, FG is only going after those fighting back

People are no longer comfortable with them

Nobody will watch helplessly while you continue to kill them

No one!!!

165 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Deborah98(f): 9:18am On Jan 10, 2021
The state government should look into it before it gets out of hand. Everyone is bringing up his or her own side of the story.

1 Like

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Auxtin85(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2021
There is nothing like innocent herdsmen.

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by vincent10(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2021
Sensational report.

How can Bororo people have a village in Oyo state. Are they indigenous people?

138 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2021
A stitch in time saves nine... know this and know peace.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by TooMuchStuff: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
C
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by TriCee: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
Well, they're charged to deal with anyone constituting nuisance in the region. Do anyhow and see anyhow!

But they shouldn't be allowed to wield so much killing power o. It can can backfire o!

3 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by slawormiir: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Not surprised
I know this argument is gonna surface with time

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ZACHIE: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
claims and more claims
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ATEAMS: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
Kon3 Tu hot
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by BestPro772: 11:08am On Jan 10, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by SenatePresdo(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2021
Divide this country and safe lives, they said no.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2021
Amotekun kills seven fulani terrorists but its the ESN thats the problem and thats where FG sent thw military to comb forests. That shows that the FG is scared of offending the SW unlike the disunited SE... My opinion though grin

Amotekun killed seven fulani terrorists...
Dazzall cool

20 Likes

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by ecolime(m): 11:09am On Jan 10, 2021
seunmsg:
The headline is inciting. Saharareporters should do better. This should be about criminality and not tribe. The headline alone has given it an ethnic coloration so it’s going to be difficult for any objective take at this point in time.
Did you think Sowore has sense? His mission and that of his news outlet is to cause confusion always and burn Nigeria aground.

What a silly headline!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by KingRabota: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2021
Spoken from the safety of your bedroom.

Kapeter:
Re: Did Amotekun Kill 7 Kidnappers Or Innocent Fulani Herders In Oyo? by uBuNiT: 11:10am On Jan 10, 2021
Haa! Make Yoruba pipu no cos wahala o. Make Fulani no con finish us here o. You all know dem. Dem no dey gree dem no day hear

Mi o fe wahala o

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Man, Michael Adegbite Stabbed To Death In The UK Over A Laptop (Photos) / Fulani Herdsmen Kill 7 In Kaduna Village (Photos) / 2 Married Women Fight Publicly Over Alleged Prostitution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.