Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,093 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances (19316 Views)

Fg To Borrow Dormant Account Balances, Unclaimed Dividends. / COVID-19: SERAP Asks Buhari To Use Confiscated Stolen Assets As Isolation Centre / SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Latvin: 4:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
HRMK:
why are nigerian politicians so dubious?what happens when #administrators of such accounts show up?litigations

No worries at all. When they show up, they collect their monies, no need for any litigation. Same thing when you show up to withdraw your money at the bank, you get paid despite that the bank has invested depositors funds to earn money for shareholders.
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 10, 2021
PassingShot:

It's you the youths that have no sense really.

The question you lot should be asking are:

'what has been happening to such funds since all these years?'. If you guys had functioning brain, you would have known that it's the banks (their MDs) that use the funds and make profits for themselves without a dime going to the accounts.

'What was the source of those dormant accounts?'. For sure, a good number of these funds were stolen govt funds that their 'owners' (those who laundered it) have been unable to claim for fear of being caught.

Lastly, if you guys are smart, you'd have realized similar laws exist in the so-called 'saner imes'.

Show reference of the saner climes no be today open soakaway mouth
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by TenderMaster(m): 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2021
blinking001:
SERAP should keep their mouths shut. They talk too much. They know nothing about good governance. If borrowing is what's going to make our country move forward then our President must borrow. I'm sure the president Buhari led administration is already working on modalities to pay back these loans. Enough of the wailing already....

u be werey
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by blinking001(m): 4:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
SweetCunt97:
The one they borrowed from China, dem don pay back? Doesn't take a dunce to realize these northern illiterates are embezzling our common wealth.
Northern illiterates are embezzling our money and yet you do nothing other than wail? You can do better na.. haba
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Coinbased: 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2021
He should go to farm and labour if he needs money
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:15pm On Jan 10, 2021
PassingShot:

It's you the youths that have no sense really.

The question you lot should be asking are:

'what has been happening to such funds since all these years?'. If you guys had functioning brain, you would have known that it's the banks (their MDs) that use the funds and make profits for themselves without a dime going to the accounts.

'What was the source of those dormant accounts?'. For sure, a good number of these funds were stolen govt funds that their 'owners' (those who laundered it) have been unable to claim for fear of being caught.

Lastly, if you guys are smart, you'd have realized similar laws exist in the so-called 'saner imes'.

See you who is not dull oo
You don't realise that banks make use of all monies in their care whether the accounts are active or dormant. It's one of the core functions of banks in the financial system.

If the sources are questionable, it's the job of Efcc to go after the owners of such accounts and get the funds confiscated to the govt. That's what the NFIU is there for. So why borrow looted funds to pay back to the looter when you can simply confiscate it.

Lastly, you can show similar laws in the saner climes
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2021
PassingShot:

The govt doesn't have proof they are proceeds of frauds. So, govt can't seize the funds permanently for that reason. However, the supposed owners understand they won't be able to claim the money legally.

Lastly, why don't you answer the questions of what has been happening to those funds since all these years?

Look at how you're exposing your folly. The govt doesn't have proof it's proceeds of fraud but your omniscient self just know right?
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Pickieox(m): 6:31pm On Jan 10, 2021
NwaNimo1:
Waste of time.....

You don't know what Buhari/APC are about?

[img]https://media./images/5c701d27faf5c39861c2b1efe18f7f51/tenor.gif[/img]

A ll

P olitical

C rooks

Lol grin grin grin
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Pickieox(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
TruthHurts1:
Many dormant accounts have zero naira in them, just like the dullard's head has zero iq in it.

[img]https://images./5a9iztz7WccQGMUrYFTa6J.gif[/img]

Lwkmh grin grin grin
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2021
PassingShot:

An account that's dormant for 6 years is suggestive of the death of the owner or holding a slush fund.

Either way, the govt is more entitled to it than the banks who are using it to make personal gains. If the govt use such funds to build infrastructures and boost the economy, it's for our common good.
All the monies they've been borrowing, how have they used it to boost the economy and which infrastructure have they built?
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by geoffez: 7:17pm On Jan 10, 2021
blinking001:
SERAP should keep their mouths shut. They talk too much. They know nothing about good governance. If borrowing is what's going to make our country move forward then our President must borrow. I'm sure the president Buhari led administration is already working on modalities to pay back these loans. Enough of the wailing already....
Na thunder go fire your generation and strike you deaf for spilling such ignorant statement.I blamed you bcs people like you don't have money in the bank.After borrowing 6trillion from pension fund,not up to 6months,he wants to borrow another money all from the poor masses bcs politicians don't and can't have a dormant account and you are here talking trash.Dog get sense pass you wella
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:52pm On Jan 10, 2021
lexy2014:

Is Cayman islands now d same thing as d US?
Lol. See how you gave the zombie a bloody nose
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by delishpot: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2021
They should not touch my dormant acct o.
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by antibullshit: 12:35am On Jan 11, 2021
I just resigned from my job and I'm looking forward to collecting 25% of my pension funds which runs into millions ! l haven't reached retirement age yet but I know I will make more than the salary was paying me by far as I know exactly what to do with my money ! Buhari had better not touch my money !
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by HRMK: 9:02pm On Jan 11, 2021
Latvin:

No worries at all. When they show up, they collect their monies, no need for any litigation. Same thing when you show up to withdraw your money at the bank, you get paid despite that the bank has invested depositors funds to earn money for shareholders.
UR WRONG!NO BANK INVESTS ALL ITS FUND IN BIZ WITH ZERO LIQUIDITY!!
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by PassingShot(m): 7:17am On Jan 12, 2021
Agboriotejoye:

All the monies they've been borrowing, how have they used it to boost the economy and which infrastructure have they built?
Blind men don't see.
Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:31am On Jan 12, 2021
PassingShot:

Blind men don't see.
Dumb men should keep quiet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo: Why I Can’t Work With Gov Aiyedatiwa – Akeredolu’s Ex-Aide, Odebowale / Your Donations Won't Be In Vain And Will Be Accounted For – Obi Assures Donors / Why FG Is Reluctant To Reduce Petrol Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.