Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,010 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

#EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch (14361 Views)

Dino Melaye: $1.5Billion To Renovate Port-Hacourt Refinery Is Embalming The Dead / #endsars: Lagos Demolishes Community Whose Residents Saw Lekki Tollgate Shooting / Aisha Buhari Speaks On Arrest Of Her ADC, Sani Baban-Inna Over N2.5Billion Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:41pm On Jan 12, 2021
RedPanthar:
Lies grin

If such measly amount was what Lagos State generates from the toll, it won't collaborate with the FG to committ what they committed.

E pain them die. Toll gate generating billions weekly, 20-30M daily is what's been downplayed to 2m to appear apathetic whereas the reverse is the case.

Thieves. Why has the international creditors not held Lagos state captive since its closure

Open the books how much was loaned, how much has been serviced, what's the balance left.

Thieves. Your books haven't been audited since 1999,yet you are quick to smear anything wrong in other regions whereas you're just a colony of intense corruption. Thieves
Oga calm Down the money for that Toll gate had been paid for Long before Fashola left office.....theres a board at LCC that manages it with reps from the Lekki area as members.....and where's your proof that their books have not been audited.....they have delliotte and KPMG running their books so I don't see how they don't have audited books.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 12, 2021
How would you compare a third world country with the USA that have structures in place that support its people that when you pay tax you can’t deny where it’s going into. Please don’t say that outside.

leokid866:

go to New York and tell them that one.....
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Shokoloko(f): 10:59pm On Jan 12, 2021
leokid866:
kuku go their border and ask them to open it down, because is like you don't know a border is a toll gate of its own......different cities will offer different amenities just to get you to come stay.....doesn't mean everyone follows the same step.......if you don't like the toll feel free to connect Ogun to Ajah so you won't pay toll anymore....

I had to go check again if a border is a toll gate of it own undecided. As it turns out a border is not a tollgate of it own ,or for its own.
While they are both passage points, one is billed and the other isn't. Thanks

Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by DaCharis2016: 12:02am On Jan 13, 2021
leokid866:

if Nigeria was a Sane country.....are you dense? you held protest and block all the roads.....my friend spent 5hours on the road in crisis while you were out chanting end Sars, and fem....killing police men,burning police stations, and raiding shops.....another friend of mine his dad suffered a stroke, they couldn't go out till early morning.....these are examples I know.....think of examples I don't know, and people who actually died from one issue or the other because they couldn't be attended to.....I'm not saying you should not protest.....but when you use your right to block the right of others you are no different from the terrorists and bad leaders you complain about......don't come to me talking about blood when your entire struggle shows you have no respect for it......I can't wait for them to come back and increase the price to balance loss.....
You think freedom is free? Everything you think you have today now, someone somewhere paid the price for it.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by RedPanthar: 3:58am On Jan 13, 2021
leokid866:

Oga calm Down the money for that Toll gate had been paid for Long before Fashola left office.....theres a board at LCC that manages it with reps from the Lekki area as members.....and where's your proof that their books have not been audited.....they have delliotte and KPMG running their books so I don't see how they don't have audited books.

Lies. From another cheat

I'm sure you didn't listen to the stuttering responses the finances commissioner of Lagos gives each time he's asked for answers
Continue deceiving yourself mention organizations with credible names. Quote the report where it lies publicly and out me to shame.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:16am On Jan 13, 2021
RedPanthar:

Lies. From another cheat

I'm sure you didn't listen to the stuttering responses the finances commissioner of Lagos gives each time he's asked for answers
Continue deceiving yourself mention organizations with credible names. Quote the report where it lies publicly and out me to shame.
There are public records go and ask Lagos state since you are pained.........
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:20am On Jan 13, 2021
DaCharis2016:
You think freedom is free? Everything you think you have today now, someone somewhere paid the price for it.
Oga is anyone holding a gun to your head? or which freedom are you looking for? you obviously have some level of comfort to you......if you feel your freedom is threatened Canada is there if you don't want to go far Ghana is there...go and enjoy your freedom.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:24am On Jan 13, 2021
Shokoloko:

I had to go check again if a border is a toll gate of it own undecided. As it turns out a border is not a tollgate of it own ,or for its own.
While they are both passage points, one is billed and the other isn't. Thanks

potatoe....potatoe......you travel long miles....queue behind others, they check and record you, if you dont pay you dont get in.....and if you do anyhow security will shift you to one side.......
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 9:38am On Jan 13, 2021
justscorchone:
How would you compare a third world country with the USA that have structures in place that support its people that when you pay tax you can’t deny where it’s going into. Please don’t say that outside.
but you as a citizen can go out and destroy what little structures that are in place? and as for tax, go to the UK and know what tax is......despite our large population a lot of our economy in the informal sector where taxes are easily evaded.....we barely pay tax proportionate to our economy.....the one we do pay for you went out to destroy.......outside government properties.....do you know how many people's livelihood was ruined because they just wouldn't get off the street......a girl died because she was runover by her fellow endsars protester while fleeing.......the guy ran off....that werey will not sorosoke......but you want to be living in fantasy land instead of facing the reality of your social and economic environment.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 10:34am On Jan 13, 2021
leokid866:

but you as a citizen can go out and destroy what little structures that are in place? and as for tax, go to the UK and know what tax is......despite our large population a lot of our economy in the informal sector where taxes are easily evaded.....we barely pay tax proportionate to our economy.....the one we do pay for you went out to destroy.......outside government properties.....do you know how many people's livelihood was ruined because they just wouldn't get off the street......a girl died because she was runover by her fellow endsars protester while fleeing.......the guy ran off....that werey will not sorosoke......but you want to be living in fantasy land instead of facing the reality of your social and economic environment.

I still stand by what I said, If there are functional structures in this shithole then whatever tax we are force to pay we will gladly obliged, erecting a tollgate when you have to pay N250 or N200 every trip is insensitive and heartless this period when there’s a pandemic and every kobo matter, forget the pandemic sef having the toll gate in general at that spot was not necessary, interstate would have been understandable
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by VaselineCrew: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2021
Minjim:

Look around you in Lagos. With all those revenue , there is really nothing much on ground to show

As in..

Even when they were collecting that toll, they couldn't even use 1% of it, to light up the roads and put lane markings.

Drive on Lekki EPE TODAY and you will see that 90% of the road has no lanes ( they have all faded away)

Yet they were making millions and billions, and doing what with it exactly?
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by VaselineCrew: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2021
Neddstark:

You need to travel out. Toll gates exist in major cities around the world for revenue generation.

It is you that needs to travel out, to realize that there exists alternatives to those tolled highways in those countries

and those alternatives are also HIGHWAYS, not one-lane market roads
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Neddstark: 10:55am On Jan 13, 2021
VaselineCrew:

It is you that needs to travel out, to realize that there exists alternatives to those tolled highways in those countries

and those alternatives are also HIGHWAYS, not one-lane market roads

Alright
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by VaselineCrew: 10:56am On Jan 13, 2021
iwaeda:

But there are good alternatives, I have stayed in Houston. Sam Houston Circuit and toll roads are for people that want to travel fast. Unlike Lekki where the main roads are tolled!

Bravo Dude! Bravo!

Tell dem about Houston abeg
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 2:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
justscorchone:

I still stand by what I said, If there are functional structures in this shithole then whatever tax we are force to pay we will gladly obliged, erecting a tollgate when you have to pay N250 or N200 every trip is insensitive and heartless this period when there’s a pandemic and every kobo matter, forget the pandemic sef having the toll gate in general at that spot was not necessary, interstate would have been understandable
Oga you obviously have no knowledge of running a state,especially a Nigerian state, economics, value generation or PPP agreements.....please sit down.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 13, 2021
leokid866:

Oga you obviously have no knowledge of running a state,especially a Nigerian state, economics, value generation or PPP agreements.....please sit down.

And you my friend don’t have knowledge at all, shift.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
justscorchone:

And you my friend don’t have knowledge at all, shift.
says the guy who is still using quota system as a crutch.....
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
leokid866:

says the guy who is still using quota system as a crutch.....

How you see that in my comment is beyond me, at this point I would just take it that you are trolling, you won’t get a response after this mister.
Re: #EndSars: Lagos Lost N2.5billion To Lekki Tollgate Closure In 95 Days - Punch by leokid866: 8:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
justscorchone:

How you see that in my comment is beyond me, at this point I would just take it that you are trolling, you won’t get a response after this mister.
you brought it up.....you started something and now you are running.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insecurity: Killings, Destructions In North Going Out Of Hand, Elders Cry Out / Ekiti: Six Members Of Ekiti Assembly Suspended As Adelugba Resumes As Speaker / Enugu-abakiliki-cameroun Highway Almost Completed(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.