Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests (9720 Views)

Edo House Of Assembly ‘Sacks’ 12 Lawmakers-Elect / Ondo Assembly Sacks 18 LG Council Bosses / Ekiti Assembly Rejects Governorship Election Result, Adjourns Till October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by oshozondii: 4:55pm On Jan 12, 2021
The Ekiti State House of Assembly Service Commission on Tuesday sacked 21 members of its staff for sundry offences including irregular appointment, absenteeism, and other allegations that contravened the condition of service.

The Chairman of the Commission, Hon Taiwo Olatunbosun who stated this in a statement in Ado-Ekiti, said the decision was taken in compliance with the report of staff audit undertaken as part of the efforts to reorganize the commission for effective service delivery.

He added that the audit, which started last year on assumption of office of the present Commission members engaged the services of Auditors over complaints, agitations and petitions from members of staff on allegations of absenteeism, arbitrary promotion and placement of officers above colleagues without regards to scheme of service.

“The audit which discovered some irregularities ranging from hiding, alteration and mutilation of files, advancement of staffs without due process, appointees illegally retained in the system after expiration of tenure, arbitrary transfer of service without cognate experience, overage staff members, irregular appointments/promotion of staff without approval, cases of forgeries, arbitrary placement of officers with utter disregard to scheme of service, etc

“The outcome of the report has since been discussed with the management staff of the Commission and the leadership of the state chapter of the Parliamentary Staff Association of Nigeria (PASAN).

“The Commission wishes to stress that the routine staff audit was carried out in good faith without any intention of vendetta, witch-hunt or victimization against anyone.

“It is equally important to note that the exercise will assist the Commission to restructure, reposition and bridge the generational gap in the establishment”.

Consequently, the 21 workers dismissed protested against the State House of Assembly over their “unjust dismissal” from the service of the House.

The protest, led by labour leaders, was held within the premises of the assembly complex, where they chanted series of derisive songs to castigate the Ekiti State Assembly Service Commission over the action.

Addressing the dismissed workers, the Secretary of the Ekiti State Joint Negotiating Council, Com. Gbenga Olowoyo, said it was wrong for the Commission to have speedily sent the names of the affected workers to Accountant General to stop their salaries, while negotiation lasted.

He said: “We are here to express our rejection of the summary dismissal of these 21 staff of the House of Assembly. Though the Commission denied ever sacking anyone, which was not true.

“We learnt from good authority that they have forwarded their names to the Accountant General to stop their salaries while also denied access to the assembly complex despite being employed and put on the payroll for 10 years.

“We are not saying the Commission can Audit its staff, but it has to be with human face. We are going to fight to the end. We are not afraid of victimisation. All the workers in the civil service will join them in solidarity. We are building careers here and we won’t allow any politician to destroy us”.

Also Speaking, the Secretaries of Trade Union Congress (TUC), Com. Lawrence Kuloogun and that of the Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Com Taiwo Akinyemi, said the sacking of those workers was not only inhuman, but embarrassing to the workforce.

They said: “This is an injustice, harassment and embarrassment of our workers. In Ekiti State University, we buried scores of our workers. The same happened at the Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital. This was because of sack, but here in the assembly, we are not ready to bury anybody.

“The Commission must reverse to status quo. They should not distribute any letter anymore and they must retrieve the ones already served for our workers to live good and worthy lives.”
https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-ekiti-assembly-sacks-workers-as-labour-protests/

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by slawormiir: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Too bad.....

This is why i bomb for a living

A real niggarrr can't be working for monthly pay and still get the heave ho or get sacked when he wakes one early fuckkking morning

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by chloride6: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Wetin dey occur?
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by NwaNimo1(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by JiimmyNeutron: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Smh for Nigeria......

How on earth did I choose Nigeria as first choice

when I wanted to gain admission into the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by DropsMic(m): 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ehya

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Bsaka99: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Too bad o
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Kennyfancy(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Thought they said they won't sack again ?

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by LetsHandleIt: 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Sad stuff

Get a professional business or company logo done for just 3k only and get all the following files of your logo;

1, High quality 3D logo
2, Transparent background logo for watermark
3, Plain logo for letterhead, business card, Id card etc
4, Pdf copy of your logo.
Call/WhatsApp me via the number on the image below.
The link to my WhatsApp is in my signature

1 Share

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:16pm On Jan 12, 2021
Politicians r damn wicked

7 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by BUSHHUNTER: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Mayng01(m): 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
Okay
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Enudapan: 6:17pm On Jan 12, 2021
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Another set of unemployed released
The main reason why everyone should choose bombing over salary work

sheDD:
if everyone start to dey bomb, who go then be d clients grin angry grin

The sky is too big to accommodate everyone son!

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by mozes01(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Too bad.....

A real niggarrr can't be working for monthly pay and still get the heave ho or get sacked when he wakes one early fuckkking morning

Oga terrorist I wan follow u dey bomb grin

3 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Hdoiyt: 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Too bad.....

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by onoms4luv(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
wahala plenty for this country o... Those politicians need serious beating, ahswear
NeoWanZaeed:
Exactly . .the wahala too much

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by paulolee(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
just imagine starting this new year on this sad note...thats so unfair

8 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by NeoWanZaeed(m): 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnnnn niggarrrr
Too bad.....

Exactly . .the wahala too much
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jan 12, 2021
It is either they sack workers

Or they raise taxes to pay the salaries

Or they embark on salary restructuring..ie cut salaries for everyone.

Yes, Mr State rep should cut their salaries...but at the end of the day, how many workers would it sustain? And what about other things like projects, etc...

Most of our states are on budgets less than $2billion....which ain't enough, and then there is the looting on top and the lack of innovation, and the poor tax rates.

And oil is at a price that does not make sense for Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by sofiarae: 6:20pm On Jan 12, 2021
Omo

NEW YEAR DISCOUNT FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!!

Get a unique and quality logo that represents the values and vision of your brand/business at up to 70% off!

Instead of ₦10,000, Get the following at just ₦2,990!;

• A high quality logo that is attention grabbing. With this, you'd get more prospects and customers for your business.
• A transparent version of your logo which you can use to watermark images of your products and services.
• A plain version of your logo for letter heads, business cards, Identity cards, etc.
• 3 variations of a 3D version of your logo that distinguishes your logo from that of your competitors, thereby giving you an edge over them.
• A PDF copy of your logo.

Contact us on WhatsApp via the number on the flyer below to take advantage of this discount before it ends.

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Bondesniger(m): 6:21pm On Jan 12, 2021
Now this can't go down well with them they just did employment there last year
oshozondii:

https://thenationonlineng.net/breaking-ekiti-assembly-sacks-workers-as-labour-protests/
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by orykem: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
If the listed offenses are for real, that is no problem. If otherwise, una go hear am ooo...
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
I have hustling spirit imbibe in from onset..
Started hustling when I was just 17..i have never fancy working under anybody cos I know one day, I might just wake up to a sack letter...

How do those sacked start afresh now?

Pls if you are a civil servant or you work under people, have a sustainable side hustle, I take God beg una..
Naija no be abroad o.. Dem fit even sack you say you no dey follow your colleagues talk even though you dey mind your business

1 Like

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by baggioni: 6:22pm On Jan 12, 2021
shocked
Na wa o. Fayemi and sack na like 5 and 6. Workers sack all over Ekiti and this man wants to be President

5 Likes

Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Englov(m): 6:23pm On Jan 12, 2021
Ok
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by goatmeat1(f): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
wow
Re: Ekiti Assembly Sacks Workers As Labour Protests by Childrentablets(f): 6:26pm On Jan 12, 2021
shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Attack: Such Attitude Can Lead To Insurgency, Says Lawan / President Buhari To Attend UNEP In Kenya, Jets Out For UK For 2-Weeks / I Am That Breath Of Fresh Air That Nigeria Needs - Accord Presidential Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.