Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite (14048 Views)

Tinubu Will Maintain Gains Of My Administration – Buhari / Base Your Criticism On Facts, Saraki Replies Tinubu / Militants, Boko Haram Frustrated My Administration ― Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Nemere2020: 4:55pm On Jan 14, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari has called on Nigerians especially the elite to be fair in their criticism of his administration by looking at the situation of the country before the assumption of the current government.

President Buhari made the call on Thursday at the State House, Abuja, while receiving in audience Reverend Yakubu Pam, the Executive Secretary of the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission.

The President said: “Those criticising the administration should be fair in terms of reflecting on where we were before we came, where we are now and what resources are available to us and what we have done with the limited resources.

“We had to struggle paying debts, investing in road repairs and rebuilding, to revamp the rail and try to get power. This is what I hope the elite, when they want to criticise will use to compare notes.”

Security Situation

Buhari, while speaking on the security situation especially in the Northeast, expressed hope that the efforts of the government would be felt at the end of the day.

He said: “What was the situation when we came? Try and ask people from Borno or from Adamawa for that matter and Yobe. What was the condition before we came and what is the condition now? Still, there are problems in Borno and Yobe, there are occasional Boko Haram problems, but they know the difference because a lot of them moved out of their states and moved to Kaduna, Kano and here (in Abuja). We were not spared of the attacks at a time. The government is doing its best and I hope that eventually, our best will be good enough.”

President Buhari, in a statement issued by his spokesman, Femi Adesina, also assured that the welfare of Internally Displaced Persons was paramount on the agenda of government.

“The people in IDP camps, the weak, aged, I feel sorry for the young because this is the time they are supposed to get education. We must not allow this time to pass because it will never be regained. So, we are really interested in what is happening there and we are doing our best,” the President said.

The President, who lauded the Executive Secretary on his appointment and activities on peace building around the country despite his short time in the saddle, assured him of the listening ear of the government whenever he had contributions to make.

Earlier in his remarks, Reverend Pam had intimated the President with some of the activities of the Commission since he was appointed in July 2020. These include; organisation of Peace Summit on Southern Kaduna as well as peace building efforts in Plateau, Benue, Taraba and Nasarawa States. He added that the Commission has proposed to host Christian religious leaders in a summit to help douse pressures within the polity, among other plans.

https://dailytrust.com/be-fair-in-your-criticism-of-my-administration-buhari-tells-elite

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Ottyn01(m): 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2021
The most useless president in the history of Nigeria

244 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
Fair kor, bleach ni

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Jesse6(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Sha truth be told
U try small

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by bid4rich(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Oga, to be fair too, you are not in control of your administration, you are being controlled by the people that are more Buharite than Muhammadu himself.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by stupidmod2: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2021
u failed, simple, advice to will draw

43 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Ottyn01(m): 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2021
Jesse6:
Sha truth be told
U try small

E be like thunder wan fire you for this statement

120 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Racoon(m): 5:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
Same you that is always unaware, shocked or surprised? You were never fair to anyone or Nigerians so how do you think anyone one should be fair to you? After performing abysmally? Security-zero, Economy-comatose, Corruption fight-selective media trial of mostly political opponents. Abeg swerve jor!

40 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Liposure: 5:44pm On Jan 14, 2021
You too haven't been fair to us since 2015. You rather do your thing than hearken to the cries and yearnings of your subjects.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by helinues: 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
Or what?

A government that has not been fair to her citizens talking about fair criticism

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by haffaze777(m): 5:47pm On Jan 14, 2021
helinues:
Or what?

A government that has not been fair to her citizens talking about fair criticism

The tormentor himselfgrin welcome back bro

3 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by helinues: 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
haffaze777:

The tormentor himselfgrin welcome back bro

Beeni oo.

grin grin

How you dey broda
Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by youngeagle(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
They ain't fair enough because of your tyranny tendencies

3 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Racoon(m): 6:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
helinues:
Or what? A government that has not been fair to her citizens talking about fair criticism.
So you know? Yet you call us wailers that will wail many years? God help you.Welcome back!

20 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by realstars: 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
I think what our eyes have seen is not hidden in our eyes.,,,.
This Is Just The Next Level. But xe are still on slow motion.

1 Like

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by helinues: 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
Racoon:
So you know? Yet you call us wailers that will wail many years? God help you.Welcome back!

Cos you in particular is an irredeemable wailer...

2 years + for more information wailing from you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Starcrest1: 7:21pm On Jan 14, 2021
You should be fair to the country too. Do unto others.........

Be a brilliant president.......

1 Like

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Tejucoco(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2021
Constructive criticism is better

Some peeps just criticize baselessly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by janedonez(m): 7:22pm On Jan 14, 2021
Truth
Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Luckydubby7(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
Debts incurred by who administration?
Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by tutudesz: 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
You are the best President in the world and a true Democrat grin You've made Nigeria the best economy in the world and Security is the best too undecided

5 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Switch07(m): 7:23pm On Jan 14, 2021
What about the blood and the baboons

5 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by BigBashiru: 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
Ottyn01:
The most useless president in the history of Nigeria

No Nigerians are the most useless people in the history of mankind.... learn to blame yourselves....

5 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Switch07(m): 7:24pm On Jan 14, 2021
What about the dog and the baboon will soak in same blood what did that mean

1 Like

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by TheStranger: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
angry
Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Juell(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
grin
Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
You sef have u been fair to us?

Shift Abeg.. Nobody dey reason u again if u no know..

6 Likes

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Mintum: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Useless man

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Fair In Your Criticism Of My Administration, Buhari Tells Elite by Mintum: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
BigBashiru:

No Nigerians are the most useless people in the history of mankind.... learn to blame yourselves....

We should blame ourselves for Buhari's total failure as a president? If this is the mentality then every president will do whatever they like and we will blame ourselves. Face it, Buhari is a big failure and he should take responsibility for his own failures.

24 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ohanaeze General Assembly Asks Buhari To Consider Igbo For IGP / Court Orders Mobil, NNPC To Pay N81.9 Billion To Ibeno for Oil Spillage / Presidency Moves To Confirm Onnoghen As cjn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.