Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,679 members, 7,851,331 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:10 PM

Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" (44526 Views)

Uganda: Bobi Wine's Supporter Kidnapped, Tortured & Dumped At Mortuary (Graphic) / Uganda bans red beret, opposition Bobi Wine's signature headgear / Bobi Wine Charged With "Annoying" President Museveni In Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by edoairways: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:
Very foolish man. You want to use sympathy to make yourself president knowing this will evoke unrest in your country? Instead of you to go back to the books and fight for 2025 like George Weah of Liberia did, you want power now now. Because majority of the youth and your music fans support you doesn't mean you will depose a seasoned politician with all the government/armed forces support in just one contest. Now, you just made things worse for yourself, by declaring yourself president-elect. Something Atiku could not even do when he contested against Buhari. You have fought the first battle in your political career, you lost now move on and take a cue.

Social media is really deceiving alot of people that they can become powerful because of support and followership. Just like some group of Nigerians believe Aisha Yeshufu or Falz will become president in 2023.

I know some people will insult me. Those same people insulted Trump when he said he won the elections. But trust human beings, who are willing to shift their standards to suit their sentiments.
It is easy to criticize because you are outside but once you get inside you would retract this statement

1 Like

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Laurene: 5:19pm On Jan 15, 2021
Ladyhippolyta88:

How will you believe that the election was even fair.

Someone that blocked internet to cause confusion.Let the man declare himself president it was obvious the old man was going to rig
because the American media said so? The same media that refused to acknowledge glaring fraud in their own election?

1 Like

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by joe120120(m): 5:20pm On Jan 15, 2021
fergie001:
Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu (popularly known as, Bobi Wine), the National Unity Platform's flagbearer has rejected early results from the January 14 Uganda Presidential Elections.

With 29.4% of votes from Thursday’s ballot counted, Museveni had won 1,852,263 votes, or 63.9%, while opposition candidate Bobi Wine had 821,874 (28.4%).

The 76-year-old President Yoweri Kaguta Tibuhaburwa Museveni of the National Resistance Movement says he is standing for stability, calling Kyagulanyi "a product of the West."

He has pledged to concede if the election remains free and fair.

The 'former' Freedom fighter Museveni, took over office on January 29, 1986 through armed uprising and returned the country to democratic mandate in 1996, winning and commencing his first of five terms.

His main challenger, Wine, 38, has gone through heavy campaigns, galvanising young Ugandans via the thrust of the social media to seek political change.

The election campaign was marred by deadly crackdowns by security forces on opposition candidates and their supporters.

The singer-turned-lawmaker insists there has been widespread voter fraud, but hoped that the will of the people be declared.

BOBI WINE

The East African nation has one of the world's youngest population with about [url=https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/countries-youngest-populations-most-children-2019-9%3famp]47.41% under 15 years old. [/url]

The Uganda Communications Commission shut down the internet on the eve of election, in a move many see as a way of compromising the vote.

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM-viZsgMxI

As votes continued to be counted, Wine has indicated he is under siege.

BOBI WINE

BOBI WINE

Uganda Electoral Commission head, Simon Byabakama, assured the nation on live TV on Thursday evening after polls closed that results were arriving at the national tally centre despite the nationwide internet blackout.

“We are not using local internet to transmit our results, we are using our own system,’’ he said, without giving details of that system.

“Don’t worry, results will come,’’ Byabakama added.

The United States and the European Union cancelled its observation of Thursday's election.

SOURCE

However, the African Union and the East African Community sent delegates to observe the election.

18 million registered voters took part in the polls which seek to elect a President and the Parliament.

Bobi wine is the president
Mind u before u quote Uganda is not nigeria .
I have being following uganda electoral system .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Laurene: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
He lost like a loser grin grin

UGANDA DONALD TRUMP grin

This Uganda donald trump is who the western world will support that he won but the REAL DONALD TRUMP is called a Nazists for disputing the election results
exactly grin..
Leave hypocrisy to the US media.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 5:21pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

I will rather give your mum, sister and girlfriend mouth action while I hear them scream my name like hoes and beg for more. Also, it would be a great sight to see you bang your old man through the ass.

Okay sir
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by NaijaOlosho(f): 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
grin
Wahala
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by privaldo: 5:24pm On Jan 15, 2021
Banter1:
The youths of this generation, very dumb

Ancient of days. An old failed and foolish fellow who probably wasted his youth in the frivolity of life will cross his legs in a drinking joint, and call a generation that has been called "the most innovative" dumb.
I just wish no child has you like a father because such a person will end up an ultimate loser and a failure in life.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:
Very foolish statement declaring yourself president-elect. You want to use sympathy to make yourself president knowing this will evoke unrest in your country? Instead of you to go back to the books and fight for 2025 like George Weah of Liberia did, you want power now now. Because majority of the youth and your music fans support you doesn't mean you will depose a seasoned politician with all the government/armed forces support in just one contest. Now, you just made things worse for yourself, by declaring yourself president-elect. Something Atiku could not even do when he contested against Buhari. You have fought the first battle in your political career, you lost now move on and take a cue.

Social media is really deceiving alot of people that they can become powerful because of support and followership. Just like some group of Nigerians believe Aisha Yeshufu or Falz will become president in 2023.

I know some people will insult me. Those same people insulted Trump when he said he won the elections. But trust human beings, who are willing to shift their standards to suit their sentiments.
I don't know what Nigerian youth use in thinking.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 5:26pm On Jan 15, 2021
Adonisteve:
I believe he isn't foolish rather he made a foolish statement. I concur with the rest of your submission. Social media deceives us so much, it will probably cause more harm than good if care is not taken.

Thanks I just modified the original statement I made.
Yes, social media is hitting a stone-wall soon as both the negative and positive have seen how powerful it could be.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by mokoh(m): 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:
Very foolish statement declaring yourself president-elect. You want to use sympathy to make yourself president knowing this will evoke unrest in your country? Instead of you to go back to the books and fight for 2025 like George Weah of Liberia did, you want power now now. Because majority of the youth and your music fans support you doesn't mean you will depose a seasoned politician with all the government/armed forces support in just one contest. Now, you just made things worse for yourself, by declaring yourself president-elect. Something Atiku could not even do when he contested against Buhari. You have fought the first battle in your political career, you lost now move on and take a cue.

I have nothing to say to you but shut the f**k up rubbish talker,u just open your mouth and ur brain phaw they type anyhow
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by privaldo: 5:27pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:

Okay sir

Now lock the door as you leave the room, and also put off the lights. Oh, please don't forget to send your mum, your sister and your girlfriend in as you leave I want to have a delightful "three some" tonight.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:

Not that sir. He was fighting against an dictatorship incumbency that will do anything including rigging to win. There was almost no way Bobi Wine would win. Declaring himself president-elect is very costly. Remember what happened to Abiola then.
Without what abiola did military would still be ruling us

Ugandan president would be stupid to attack him or kill him because himself won't survive the outcome
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 5:31pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

Now lock the door as you leave the room, and also put off the lights. Oh, please don't forget to send your mum, your sister and your girlfriend in as you leave I want to have a delightful "three some" tonight.

Shows more and more the kind of lower homo sapien you are. Dont stop expressing yourself.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 5:33pm On Jan 15, 2021
Igbochief001:

Without what abiola did military would still be ruling us

Ugandan president would be stupid to attack him or kill him because himself won't survive the outcome

Yeah and Abiola never became the president. They will simply arrest Bobi Wine, like they did before. That's all. Thing is with the Trump saga declaring yourself winner in an officially lost election is very unpopular.

1 Like

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:

Read very well. I am not supporting Museveni. I despise him just like I do Paul Biya and other sit-tight African rulers. What Bobi Wine is doing is the same thing Trump did, that made the world hate him so much. A lot of unrest is going to happen in that country by not conceding.

I got you.
What you mean is that election rigged or not Bobi Wine should concede defeat for peace to reign.

To me, if he has evidences like he claims let him come out and say it. That is what the law says.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Seun360(m): 5:37pm On Jan 15, 2021
joe120120:

Bobi wine is the president
Mind u before u quote Uganda is not nigeria .
I have being following uganda electoral system .

bobi wine ko, Bobby Brown ni.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by privaldo: 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:

Shows more and more the kind of lower homo sapien you are. Dont stop expressing yourself.

The average human being should also have the ability to differentiate between a democracy and a dictatorship, it goes to show how much of an illiterate you're.

Lesson 4: Use of English

"Dont" should always have an apostrophe before the "t" like this "Don't".
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

He lost just like your "mini fat white god" Dontus Trump grin grin grin grin.
He will be thrown out of the White House come January 20th, if he and his family refuse to live, and I will here to laugh about it when you will moaning all over Nairaland.

TRUMP is not my God.

Trump is leaving the white house for a demented man.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by walkingshadow911: 5:43pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

Hahaha, the illiterate is pained that he has been schooled. Your father and mother must be in pains right now knowing you wasted their hard earned money. You should do the honorable thing for once in your life and return the money to them, even if it means doing menial jobs for the rest of your life to get the money.
You are very wicked grin
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 5:46pm On Jan 15, 2021
WILLuKPquiet:

I got you.
What you mean is that election rigged or not Bobi Wine should concede defeat for peace to reign.

To me, if he has evidences like he claims let him come out and say it. That is what the law says.

Bros, in this Naija wey we dey, which elections has not being rigged? Rigging is the order of the day here just that you rig in your strongholds and dont let the counted votes exceed the eligible voters. Buhari had evidences against Obj and Jonathan. Atiku had evidences against Buhari too. Let Bobi Wine go to court and pray the evidences have a hold in the court of law which is unfortunately still under the incumbent's influence.
I have come to understand that winning elections in Africa is not just by votes alone. Its about influence and control. Museveni used power of incumbency to achieve what he wants.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Georgejeez: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
moneyissweet:
The Bobi sef resemble cultist.

In Mr Macaroni's voice " he is a baby cultist"

1 Like

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 5:47pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

The average human being should also have the ability to differentiate between a democracy and a dictatorship, it goes to show how much of an illiterate you're.

Lesson 4: Use of English

"Dont" should always have an apostrophe before the "t" like this "Don't".

Okay

1 Like

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by femi4: 5:48pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:
Museveni don run Bobi Wine APC style.

I'm familiar with these words. These words cost Nigeria a good man.

Continue to rest in Peace sir.
Hope 93...MKO
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by privaldo: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

TRUMP is not my God.

Trump is leaving the white house for a demented man.

Please, stop denying your "god" Trump.
Biden is far more intelligent than Donatus Trump. Donatus Trump will only wish to be like him but can't.

All Hail Joseph Biden.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by privaldo: 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
Neddstark:

Okay

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SORE LOSER.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Nobody: 5:51pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

Please, stop denying your "god" Trump.
Biden is far more intelligent than Donatus Trump. Donatus Trump will only wish to be like him but can't.

All Hail Joseph Biden.

ALL HAIL JOSEPH STALIN BIDEN.Your God
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by privaldo: 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2021
thebosstrevor1:

ALL HAIL JOSEPH STALIN BIDEN

You meant to say DONALD ADOLF HITLER TRUMP. The infamous and incompetent "white supremacist" that was allowed into the White House.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by ThatFairGuy1: 5:55pm On Jan 15, 2021
Kriss216:
Museveni don run Bobi Wine APC style.

I'm familiar with these words. These words cost Nigeria a good man.
Continue to rest in Peace sir.
A good man you all refused to vote for From that side

Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Horus(m): 6:01pm On Jan 15, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOZy-vYkats

Uganda's Bobi Wine says he won election 'by far'
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by ofiko123(m): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
Was he expecting to defeat Museveni..
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by Neddstark: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin SORE LOSER.

Yes, you won.
Re: Uganda Election: Bobi Wine Rejects Results, Declares Himself "President-Elect" by mariahAngel(f): 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2021
privaldo:

Stop being stupid. Your parents should regulate the way you get access to the internet, so that I won't be reading nonsense such as this.

You, stop being a disrespectful, unreasonable id!ot!

Bobi wine still has a lot to learn about leadership and that is the truth!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Israeli Military Shoots Down Drones With Laser Technology Mounted On Aircraft / Police Raid Gay Wedding In Uganda, Arrest 44 / Mutinous Russian Troops Argue Over Orders To Bomb Civilian Areas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.