Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,939 members, 7,821,284 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity (2162 Views)

PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report / Igeria's Minister Of Petroleum Mrs Diezani Alinson Maduekwe Returned $16 Billion / APC Spent N5 Billion On Buhari’s Chatham House Speech, PDP Campaign Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by KnowAll(m): 1:56pm On Apr 01, 2011
January 2004 OBJ’s signs Mou with stake holders- Celebrating this hectic milestone, enough drinks, women and fun for the boys, at last Naija would have light.

April 2004 – It came to light that OBJ did not sign the original, hence stake-holders reconvene another meeting got in touch with OBJ’s PA. A date in August 2004  was agreed.

August 2004- Meeting reconvenes, more stuffs added to the original contract, all signed, OBJ in his usual jocular manner reminded the contractors if the originals have been signed this time, contactors checked, everybody is happy, end of meeting.

Decemebr 2004 – Stake holders imports generators which would be use in tandem with the power that would be generated, stakeholders inform OBJ, the custom boys do not want to play ball by allowing the Generators in.

February 2005 – OBJ got back to the contractors, begged them for being late, asked if their goods where still in the port in which they answered in the affirmative without checking, OBJ says they should proceed to the port after giving them a note for Bode George.

February 28th 2005 – Contactors goods cannot be found in the port, generators have been cleared but nobody knows who cleared the goods. The Contactors got in touch with Bode George who lambastes them of accusing him of theft. The contractors apologised to BG and sent emissary to Aso Rock over their predicament, OBJ said he would get in touch.

June 2005- OBJ got in-touch, a meeting was arranged for September 2005.

To be continued,
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by ektbear: 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
On a serious note, where did the money go to? What were the contractors paid to do?

What was OBJs power plan?
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Gayigaskia(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2011
Ask BEAF he probably got a cut from that loot. grin grin grin
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by KnowAll(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2011
September 2005: Meeting reconvenes baba Iyabo was not happy that after 21 months of signing the first contract noting on the ground to show people he means business of solving our electrical problems. OBJ was reminded by the contractors that he had already pocketed 25% of the first agreement. They reminded OBJ more stuffs where added to the original contract in which 75% of the new cost was for baba and his boy’s. OBJ hushed them, looking left and right wondering to himself if no one had eavesdrop on them. He said he is determined to get this contract off the ground, a new contract was signed taken into account and considering all losses the contractors had incurred .

All parties where happy thereafter.

November 2005: Contractors and stakeholders brought in second set of generators, this time was cleared in record time. Stakeholder’s move to site immediately. They Informed OBJ’s PA who informed his boss of the development.

December 2005- OBJ met up with contrators and stake-holders for xmas party and exchange ideas and any progress on the project, the stake holders inform OBJ they have start digging and doing a lot of Earth works, they all enjoyed the xmas yuletide period,  one of the stake-holder was puzzled at the frolicking between baba and his supposedly daughter-inlaw but kept quite.  lipsrsealed
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by KnowAll(m): 2:26pm On Apr 01, 2011
January 2006- A letter to all stake-holders, a meeting must reconvene immediately within 48 hours very importanat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Nobody: 2:37pm On Apr 01, 2011
Guy paste everything here once and stop creating unnecessary sensation angry angry angry
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by MaiSuya(m): 2:39pm On Apr 01, 2011
Don't worry about all these. It doesn't matter. Its small money. Afterall, we still have more than enough money our coffers, no?

Fresh AIR!!!  grin grin grin
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by KnowAll(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2011
January 15 2006: OBJ: Reminded all the stakeholders of OPN – Operation feed the nation in 1979, he said something has come up which is a national emergency and takes precedent over all issues even light, Nigerians have been living in darkness for over 15 years, one or 2 years wait would not be the end of the world.

Stakeholders: You are aware of the penalties if these project where delayed or stopped.

OBJ: Yes I am, there is an emergency, the country is in dire needs of funds, let us review that contract once more.

Stakeholders: I think we have push the cost to an acceptable level, any more imposition could raise eye-brows and might bring your government down.

OBJ: the only eye brow that would be raised are the president’s eye-brow, who is the president, I am the president, or do u think Nuru would dear try to bite  the hand that feeds him. Bring out your paper-work and let us review the cost upwards by at least 300%

Stakeholders: 300%, if you don’t meind sir what is this emergency

OBJ: Operation 3rd term agenda, those greedy  bastarrrrds in the house of assembly  embarassed

to be continued ,
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by blacksta(m): 2:59pm On Apr 01, 2011
na wa - abeg post the rest

abi na newspaper serialization
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by KnowAll(m): 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2011
Stake holders: That means we are looking at review the contract from $3billion to $9 billion and noting on the ground to show for such a colossal amount of money spent.

OBJ: What do u mean nothing on the ground, am I not on the ground if I win my 3rd term agenda, Nigerians should be grateful for what we have done for them. Do you know Ngozi has managed to convince the Paris club and other debtors to write off almost $15 billion dollars. I have done something for this nation, no one has done b4 and they should be grateful. In fact this nation has not seen anything, many more goodies to come, let me win my 3rd term first.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by DisGuy: 3:15pm On Apr 01, 2011
Mai Suya:

Don't worry about all these. It doesn't matter. Its small money. Afterall, we still have more than enough money our coffers, no?

Fresh AIR!!!  grin grin grin

so you think, Jonathan mumbling Goodluck shared it with the boys, he is a man of peace as you know money bringeth peace for incompetent weakling
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 3:17pm On Apr 01, 2011
And yet the light is worse than before they came into power . . . . . What a generational waste.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by EzeUche(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2011
As we all know Obasanjo is a crook. Why blame Goodluck for OBJ's failures? Just because they are members of the same party, does not mean they are alike.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2011
EzeUche:

As we all know Obasanjo is a crook. Why blame Goodluck for OBJ's failures? Just because they are members of the same party, does not mean they are alike.

OBJ left office how many years ago.
Jonathan has been involved in the presidency for how many years, let him tell us how much he has spent on power generation and what they have achieved
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by larotsam(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2011
my messages goes to EzeUche , Obasanjo is becoming godfather ,I blame Goodluck Jonathan  because he became pet to Obasanjo, in Nigeria everybody is desperate for power if he does not allow Obasanjo, every Nigerians would support him but Jonathan is also desperate, i pray he should perform to the expectation, it is obvious he may be won the election, i pray for free and fair election,
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2011
larotsam:

my messages goes to EzeUche , Obasanjo is becoming godfather ,I blame Goodluck Jonathan  because he became pet to Obasanjo, in Nigeria everybody is desperate for power if he does not allow Obasanjo, every Nigerians would support him but Jonathan is also desperate, i pray he should perform to the expectation, it is obvious he may be won the election, i pray for free and fair election,

Oh please, we can make Jonathan look like an innocent, he has been in power for how long and what has he done to make things right? Nothing
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by DisGuy: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
what was the generation output in 1999 ? it is about 3848MW now

imagine in 12 years we just made many movements no result, M.O.Us up and down, 100+ consultants and many prof with PhDs-still nothing much

Jonathan was chairing the NIPP under yaradua
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by EzeUche(m): 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2011
You people need to listen, why blame GEJ? This is OBJ's failures, not GEJ.

Goodluck hasn't even been president for that long. You expect rapid change to happen in months?
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by DisGuy: 4:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
primary school mathematcis

Jonathan is dumber than Obasanjo /+ Yaradua =  to Jonathan cant do much better!!

Jonathan has more Corrupt godfathers = More money to be spent settling the boys with little achievement

EzeUche, Jonathan is not promoting the IGBO cause 2015 you'd be shocked

EzeUche:

Goodluck hasn't even been president for that long. You expect rapid change to happen in months?

all he had to do was implement and monitor ongoing project since 1999 but no he also came with his own plan which isnt even new it was just dusted from obasanjo and yaradua's time, 'new' gas plan that was basically a revised edition

how many roads have been 'completed' since the dufus came on board?
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Kobojunkie: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2011
EzeUche:

December 2009's failure to deliver on 6000MW promise made by Jonathan is Obasanjo's failure?

April 201[b]1[/b] failure to deliver on 6900MW promise made in power reform document is Obansajo's failure?

Will Obasanjo also be to blame for non-delivery on the 2013 promise of 13500MW as well?

modified
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by debosky(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
The initial estimates were for $16bn without a doubt, but $16bn was not spent - most of that spending was suspended when Yardie came into office and it is unclear how much has been spent till date.

Detailed investigations have shown the initial claims of $16bn being spent were wide of the mark.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by EzeUche(m): 4:18pm On Apr 01, 2011
Dis Guy:

primary school mathematcis

Jonathan is dumber than Obasanjo /+ Yaradua =  to Jonathan cant do much better!!

Jonathan has more Corrupt godfathers = More money to be spent settling the boys with little achievement

EzeUche, Jonathan is not promoting the IGBO cause 2015 you'd be shocked

all he had to do was implement and monitor ongoing project since 1999 but no he also came with his own plan which isnt even new it was just dusted from obasanjo and yaradua's time, 'new' gas plan that was basically a revised edition

how many roads have been 'completed' since the dufus came on board?

Let me see your Ph.D. before you talk about someone else's credentials.  And I don't care if he is promoting or not promoting the IGBO cause 2015. I don't want to see Buhari get elected and I can never be swayed to that tribalistic man's side.

You asking how many roads have been 'completed,' maybe you should ask the various state governors.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by EzeUche(m): 4:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

December 2009's failure to deliver on 6000MW promise made by Jonathan is Obasanjo's failure?

April 2010 failure to deliver on 6900MW promise made in power reform document is Obansajo's failure?

Will Obasanjo also be to blame for non-delivery on the 2013 promise of 13500MW as well?

He assumed office May 2010. It hasn't even been a year! And you are expecting miracles that fast? Be realistic please. . .
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Kobojunkie: 4:27pm On Apr 01, 2011
roflmao!!!!

Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2011
EzeUche:

He assumed office May 2010. It hasn't even been a year! And you are expecting miracles that fast? Be realistic please. . .

Until May 2010, what position was he holding?
Before he became the interim leader, what was he?
You need to be realistic and face the fact
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by DisGuy: 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2011
in 2015 we will be saying the same thing, one term is not enough he needs 2 term to balance up and finish his 'promise'
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2011
Dis Guy:

in 2015 we will be saying the same thing, one term is not enough he needs 2 term to balance up and finish his 'promise'

Promise are meant to be broken . . . . and i think people are tired of promises that we are sure will be broken
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by 9ijaMan: 5:01pm On Apr 01, 2011
EzeUche:

Sometimes I wonder how Nigerians reason. How can you say someone who started out acting capacity from February 2010 and then became the substantive president in May 2010 has not spent 1year in office. SO under whose account will those 2 months be? As a Matter of fact, GEJ should have been acting since November 2009 when UMYA left 9ja on his medical sojourn, if not for the lameness of the PhD wielding clueless man.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 6:02pm On Apr 01, 2011
^^^ Correct Gbam
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by KnowAll(m): 6:09pm On Apr 01, 2011
Those people who think jonathan is innocent, this series is going to run until election day there is a lot twist & turn so stay tuned.

Posting from phone would not be able to continue story.
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by Fhemmmy: 6:12pm On Apr 01, 2011
Cant wait to read and know more
Re: How Pdp Spent $16 Billion On Electricity by DisGuy: 6:19pm On Apr 01, 2011
The NIPP was designed to generate 2,276MW from six Niger Delta Power Stations, plus 2,610MW from upgrading four Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) Power Stations, plus 1,012MW from additional turbines for the Niger Delta Power Stations, all within a period of three years. This is a total addition of 5,989MW excluding Mambilla, a hydro Power Project which takes much longer to complete.

and who was in charge of NIPP all these years? Jonathan elobolo Goodluck

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Husband Was Killed By Hausa Fulani.. Go And Die Widow / President Jonathan Announces Nov 11 as Official Date For Re-Election Declaration / MURIC Stands About New 100 Note, Require Wisdom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.