Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,178 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election (41502 Views)

Ali Namadi: Kano LG Chairman Dies 2 Days After Winning Election / Desmond Elliot Apologises For Addressing The Youths As Children / Ruggedman Reacts As Underage Children Vote In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by dre11(m): 8:48pm On Jan 17, 2021
Several pictures and videos circulating on social media show children, said to be between the ages of nine and 16, being accredited by electoral officials wearing face masks with the KANSIEC logo.

In one of the videos, a young boy who appears to be between the age of 11 and 13, at Gwazaye polling unit, Kumbotso Local Government Area, is seen fixing his thumbprint against a party logo while other children struggle to receive their ballot papers.

Although many first doubted if the videos and pictures were recent, they were soon authenticated when officials wearing face masks in compliance with the COVID-19 protocols were seen.

In the videos trending, some of the children are seen forming queues and mingling in contravention of the COVID-19 protocol. They subsequently affix thumbprints on ballot papers and cast their ballots.

On Twitter @EduWaltzChuka tweeted, “I have watched these videos coming out from Kano and I feel so ashamed for doing the right thing. In 2017 when I was working as an ad hoc staff for INEC during voter cards enrolment, I personally made sure anybody suspected to be under age 18 enrolled in Nnokwa.”

@osheguy tweeted, “This is sad and appalling.”

A tweep, Adegoke Victor, who claimed to have served in Borno State in 2007, and he witnessed underage voting in 2007, wrote, “This is not new to me at all; I served with INEC in Maiduguri in 2007, I experienced it first- hand and I made an attempt not to register the underage but I was given a stern warning not to try it -otherwise I won’t return home alive. I simply backtracked.”

“No nation should accept this,” tweeted influencer, Henry Shield.

The Chairman, KANSIEC, Prof Garba Sheka, neither responded to a telephone call nor a text message on Saturday.

Local government election have been known to be fraught with electoral fraud as ruling parties are known to always win by a landslide, a move which has seen many Nigerians calling for an amendment to the constitution that would allow the Independent National Electoral Commission conducting local government polls.

Although Nigerian law prohibits persons below the age of 18 from voting, many states have in recent time witnessed child voting even during federal elections.

In 2015, children were also seen voting in Kano State, a development which the Peoples Democratic Party claimed contributed to the victory of All Progressives Congress candidate, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), who emerged the winner of the presidential election.

The Senate recently came under fire for attempting to give married underage girls the right to vote.

https://punchng.com/outrage-as-children-vote-in-kano-lg-election-2/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Yungmil: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2021
hmm
Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by dumahi(m): 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2021
I don't know if these people realize how much damage they are causing to their kids' moral sense. That's one reason why they won't have conscience and kill without qualms even as teens.

Poverty is another reason for this. It's why the selfish Northern elites like to keep their population deeply poor and ignorant so that you can easily share N1000 to them and ask them to mortgage the future of their children like this and they will accept it without thinking.

If you have some time to spare and you'd like to get a free audio on a new way to make money daily with Whatsapp, you can check my profile jare.

147 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by philo04(m): 8:57pm On Jan 17, 2021
let the vote begin.....we south south and southwest no be say we no sabi use under age pikin...we dey wait for 2023

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by rexlims(m): 8:59pm On Jan 17, 2021
Which outrage, Na today e dey start. Underage voting is a norm in d northern part of dis country. Na down south and other parts of d country Na im INEC or state electoral body dey flex muscle up and down.

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by inoki247: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2021
Na there birth right over there so who's making the noise...

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by reyscrub(m): 9:14pm On Jan 17, 2021
Na today then don they do their baby voting? No be then baby votes carry bubu enter so?

Just wait and see how then go play you thru again come 2023

Then so believe say no matter how you campaign for your area and gather mass support, once they carry their baby population onboard to vote, na sure banker to win be that for sure.

This is to let everyone knows that Nigeria is a collection of incompatible nations where there are diff constitution for same exercise like minor voting is illegal in the south but legal in the north.

May God punish the Oyinbo man that conducted this unholy heinous marriage with this abocki people ooh.

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by yanabasee1(m): 9:23pm On Jan 17, 2021
Outrage?? Why should there be outrage for LG election?

If they could be given opportunities to vote during. presidential election to boost up their voting power, why not with LG election?

God help us oh...Naija and reversed mentality from a particular region....

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Arewa1stSon: 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2021

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Omoluabi16(m): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2021
The youth Corpers if 2011 did not live to tell their story. Killed in the most gruesome manner because they chose to serve their fatherland. Have we all forgotten?
The northerners are just hypocrites. Normal setting, we should not share country with those people.

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 17, 2021
Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by kereman1: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2021
Too much privilege is given to the northerners, education, jobs, religion and politics.
Little wonder y soldiers in the north don't oppress the civilians there.

Naija don kast. Add you own quater

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Farki: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
INEC won't say a word about this.

The North will continue to reap their rewards.

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by KingZaddy(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021

Let that outrage kill all of you there...

Where were you when children voted for buhari during Jonathan's time?

No make me vex this useless night

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Tunduntayo001: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Which outrage, Na today e dey start. Underage voting is a norm in d northern part of dis country. Na down south and other parts of d country Na im INEC or state electoral body dey flex muscle up and down.

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Primusinterpares(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
na their way
Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by johnoj24(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Where are the children?

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by oluwaseunamos33(m): 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Hmmmmm.
Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Fuckyoumod: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Lol... Are we even supposed to be sharing the same geographical location with this backward people?

Its a sincere question to the conscience of every southerner from east to west.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Offpoint1: 10:03pm On Jan 17, 2021
Na Dia way
Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
So long as the South and Middle Belt vote for one candidate...it does not matter how many kids vote up North.

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by gurunlocker: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Those are the ones that brought vegetable on the throne..... grin cheesy grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Versionite4life: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
It them against themselves now. Should I care?

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by bigdammyj: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Noted

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Lordbinsmar: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Welcome to Banana Republic. grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Nothing

shocks

me

anymore

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by tolumizzy(m): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
That's how dey rock it

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by ademidedavid(f): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
Only in Kano are children the leaders of today!!!

Re: Outrage As Children Vote In Kano LG Election by Farki: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2021
johnoj24:
Where are the children?

Read the article in the website

Orlu: Military & Police Sack Eastern Security Network (ESN) From Imo Forest / Meet The 6 Landlords Of Nigerian Politics (Photos) / ”haters I Ready For Una”: Senator Dino Melaye Rocks Camouflage Jacket