Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,642 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:14 AM

Calabar Food Is Overhyped! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Calabar Food Is Overhyped! (11357 Views)

What Food Is On Your Mind right Now? / What Food Is Your Town Or State Known For? / Want To Learn Cooking Calabar Food? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 01, 2011
I am certain the OP is a woman who lost her man to the culinary/bedroom prowess of a calabar female.

During NYSC days, when I used to visit a calabar teacher over the weekend, she would ask
"You wan
chop,phoorkk,baff?
or
Baff,chop,phoorkk?
or
Phoorkk,chop,baff?
or
Chop,baff,phoorkk?"

The food was always fantastic and the  grin  grin  grin was equally good.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by udbyron1(m): 6:35am On Aug 01, 2011
'we the BEST thats a fact u cant erase,proud 2b an AKWA IBOMITE,screw u HATERS'
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Akwafina: 9:51am On Aug 01, 2011
Bad belle poster. CALABAR food is still the best! Taste Atama before you die!
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by ITbomb(m): 11:35am On Aug 01, 2011
MariaP:

No Our food is not overhyped, Atleast all the men who've tasted my pot of soups and my honey pot could testify to my excellent
cookology and fuckology,
Subscribing, put my name on the queue list. I must test and see b4 I believe
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by XKZ(m): 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2011
You probably were savagely starving when you ate the meals and just wolfed the thing down without tasting it. When next you get to eat a calabar meal relax, take time to savour the dish (if need be take an appetizer first) and your life will never remain the same.
Bottomline: In today's world where values seem to have tarnished, words can not be taken at face values, students graduate with unearned degrees, office holders bambozzle us with fictitious accomplishments, politicians are awarded undeserved honours, pastors sell the kingdom of God to the highest bidder, institutions peddle bogus awards, women lie and men cheat, one thing that has continued to live up to the hype, nay exceed expectation, is Calabar Cuisine.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by dazzle37(f): 3:46pm On Aug 01, 2011
lahips:

Poster how can you possibly say Calabar food is overhyped, that is so untrue, i am a calabar girl myself and i know from experience that Calabar meals are probably one of the best, i was in Onitsha and Asaba for work, and from there went to Enugu and all i could see was bitter leaf soup and melon, i served in Jos and there they use Spinash as for Vegetable soup, i could not wait to get back home as it was difficult to find ingerdients for our meals, in Lagos i have tried the Ewedu soup on the recommendation of a calabar friend and it was cool, our Afang soup is something anyone would trip for a second time after taking it the first time, Edikangikong is fantastic, white soup is nice especially with either chicken or goat meat which gives it a good aroma, and very good dry fish, we have Ekpang nkukwo which comes with the perewinkle, and some people use goat meat, dry fish and shrimps for it, i have even seen people use kpomo in it and some cowleg, Poster abeg make i no start now, Calabar meals are worth looking out for, i think you just got it from the wrong source.

LOL, just reading this i know its no one else excepts my sexy cousin LAHIPS,
Mama, tell the poster to come and meet me and i will give him just a Tip of what i use to cook in M.C.C and shut his/her mouth forever
Even here in lagos with little or small supplies i still cook in such a way that if you are blindfolded you would think you are in calabar.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2011
dazzle37:

LOL, just reading this i know its no one else excepts my sexy cousin LAHIPS,
Mama, tell the poster to come and meet me and i will give him just a Tip of what i use to cook in M.C.C and shut his/her mouth forever
Even here in lagos with little or small supplies i still cook in such a way that if you are blindfolded you would think you are in calabar.
That's Interesting! grin
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 7:37pm On Aug 01, 2011
@poster ekpan no be soup ooo , stop hating nd stp being jealous . . . . . , e be lyk na gist u jst dey hear . . . . . . . . . where u frm sef ?
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Akan(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2011
As an original cross riverian/akwa ibomite poster go and choke on kuli kuli unam ikot angry
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 7:55pm On Aug 01, 2011
Akan:

As an original cross riverian/akwa ibomite poster go and choke on kuli kuli unam ikot angry

poster dem kol u unam ikot . {in ur face , hater}. . . if i b u i 4 no gree ooo. . . . . . lmao
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Cuddlemii: 9:25pm On Aug 01, 2011
@op

Are you sure you didn't write this post of yours when you were drunk.

Calabar/Akwa-Ibom has the highest number of soups. The women there are exceptionally good in cooking. They are brought up to cater for a man needs. That's why most mistresses are Calabars because most women from other tribes don't know how to cook. Its just instilled in the women from Calabar.

When I was in school, when I am frying just mere onions, all those Yoruba chicks would bring paper and biro to learn what I am cooking. I was even nicknamed Calabar kitchen and I was just experimenting with Electric Kettle, Stainless plate & Pressing iron so you can imagine if it was home cooking, the babes would jump down a 3 storey building.

I even think Calabar food is under-rated, do you know how many tribes cook our meals? How many restaurants abroad sell our meals? How many married men in Nigeria that go to Calabar kitchens outside their homes to eat irrespective of the price tag of the Calabar food? Why do most housemaids come from there, thats why lazy housewives from other tribes can leave the home cooking to those maids.

Calabar women hardly loose their husbands and If they do, they re-marry asap because Calabar women are blessed & down to earth. Some of our mouth watering delicacies are Afia Efere (white soup), Atama (Palm Kernel soup), Ottong (A sophisticated Ogbono soup), Afang, Edi kia kong, The Ekpan u mentioned is made from Cocoa yam, we have Efere Etigi (Our own okro soup and not that watery stuff other tribes serve) and a lot of others. I purposely did not add them Egusi, Ewedu, stew, yam porridge etc, Those are common foods that all tribes claim as theirs. I gave you a list ours, made discovered and created by Calabar people.

Give a Calabar babe or guy dry pepper, salt, water, tomato puree & Garri. As ridiculous & impossible as it may sound, you would be amazed by how he or she would cleverly manage those items and make it a blockbuster meal that your neighbors would suddenly become friendly.

Don't mess with us oh. Even a Calabar babe's walking step is enough food. They hardly get dumped except they are tired of the men, men eat from their palms. They have the secret recipes. Other tribes do jazz & rituals, we use good food & romance to keep our men. Even their eyes can kill, they are not lazy people but hardworking cooks.

I can go on & on but people already know more than enough about Calabar food and their people.

So op whenever u are less busy, I can take you to Calabar because its obvious u were dropped at Aba or Onitsha, people sleep off in all those Young shall grow buses especially attachments where u have to sit on a stool in the middle of the buses, u must have missed the sign board of the name of the state. We would go by air so that you would be awake & fit through out your visit to Calabar
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by renewnaija(m): 9:43pm On Aug 01, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@op

Calabar/Akwa-Ibom has the highest number of soups. The women there are exceptionally good in cooking. They are brought up to cater for a man needs. That's why most mistresses are Calabars because most women from other tribes don't know how to cook. Its just instilled in the women from Calabar.

When I was in school, when I am frying just mere onions, all those Yoruba chicks would bring paper and biro to learn what I am cooking. I was even nicknamed Calabar kitchen and I was just experimenting with Electric Kettle, Stainless plate & Pressing iron so you can imagine if it was home cooking, the babes would jump down a 3 storey building.

I even think Calabar food is under-rated, do you know how many tribes cook our meals? How many restaurants abroad sell our meals? How many married men in Nigeria that go to Calabar kitchens outside their homes to eat irrespective of the price tag of the Calabar food? Why do most housemaids come from there, thats why lazy housewives from other tribes can leave the home cooking to those maids.

Calabar women hardly loose their husbands and If they do, they re-marry asap because Calabar women are blessed & down to earth. Some of our mouth watering delicacies are Afia Efere (white soup), Atama (Palm Kernel soup), Ottong (A sophisticated Ogbono soup), Afang, Edi kia kong, The Ekpan u mentioned is made from Cocoa yam, we have Efere Etigi (Our own okro soup and not that watery stuff other tribes serve) and a lot of others. I purposely did not add them Egusi, Ewedu, stew, yam porridge etc, Those are common foods that all tribes claim as theirs. I gave you a list ours, made discovered and created by Calabar people.

Give a Calabar babe or guy dry pepper, salt, water, tomato puree & Garri. As ridiculous & impossible as it may sound, you would be amazed by how he or she would cleverly manage those items and make it a blockbuster meal that your neighbors would suddenly become friendly.

Don't mess with us oh. Even a Calabar babe's walking step is enough food. They hardly get dumped except they are tired of the men, men eat from their palms. They have the secret recipes. Other tribes do jazz & rituals, we use good food & romance to keep our men. Even their eyes can kill, they are not lazy people but hardworking cooks.

I can go on & on but people already know more than enough about Calabar food and their people.

So op whenever u are less busy, I can take you to Calabar because its obvious u were dropped at Aba or Onitsha, people sleep off in all those Young shall grow buses especially attachments where u have to sit on a stool in the middle of the buses, u must have missed the sign board of the name of the state. We would go by air so that you would be awake & fit through out your visit to Calabar

Well said. Poster, you have just been annihilated.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 9:50pm On Aug 01, 2011
lol
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Cuddlemii: 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2011
renewnaija:

Well said. Poster, you have just been annihilated.

Nah, I annihilated. I can't be annihilated because I only spoke the truth about Calabar food tongue tongue
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by donnie(m): 10:12pm On Aug 01, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@op

shocked Abasi-mi-mbok!
Akure ndien.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 10:27pm On Aug 01, 2011
donnie:

shocked Abasi-mi-mbok!
Akure ndien.

lol . . . . . e don finish tru tru ,
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Cuddlemii: 11:07pm On Aug 01, 2011
Effiko:

Effiko:

wetin finish, books or food
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by renewnaija(m): 7:47am On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Nah, I annihilated. I can't be annihilated because I only spoke the truth about Calabar food tongue tongue

Whoever you are, you better wake up & smell the coffee. That you dont know or understand that Calabar cuisine is the best in Nigeria doesnt change the fact that it is. I have lived in every region in Nigeria and nothing, I repeat nothing comes close to their meals.

What the elders have see sitting down, you cannot see even if you climb a pylon. I rest my case cos it is foolish to argue further.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Fickle(f): 8:52am On Aug 02, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

wetin finish, books or food

so u dont knw de meaning of "akure ndien" ?
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Cuddlemii: 9:47am On Aug 02, 2011
Effiko:

so u dont knw de meaning of "akure ndien" ?

Oh sorry i thot it was ekere di die, lolz my bad. Of course I do. Ku yad esid. I am not too good with written calabar.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Oh sorry i thot it was ekere di die, lolz my bad. Of course I do. Ku yad esid. I am not too good with written calabar.

. . . . . "ette mbok nyad ke esid" . . . . . lol. . . .nt so gud at it either . . i jst nid a little idea nd i'l get it all . . . . .
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Cuddlemii: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2011
Effiko:

. . . . . "ette mbok nyad ke esid" . . . . . lol. . . .nt so gud at it either . . i jst nid a little idea nd i'l get it all . . . . .

ette ko ette ni. ami ndi wan or adiaga. anyways its good u r standing up for ur tribe
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by corrall(f): 1:22pm On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@op

Tell it to them. Iban efik isi memke, ke utem udia ye ke ukot mbre.

@OP, u probably ate from a buka and not in a home. Buka food is commecialized, look for a calabar woman's home and eat, then come back and talk.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by dazzle37(f): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

@op

Gosh, Cuddlemii, for you to write this bolded part ,AFO EDI IBAK grin grin grin grin grin grin
i would never want to quarrel with you. all the same idem fo ? i did not know you were from that part too
sorry, my written calabar is bad too. lol, i guess thats our only weakness.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Goldieluks: 4:54pm On Aug 02, 2011
it is over-hyped.
all they know how to cook is edi kiakong and ekpan kokor.

shikena.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Cuddlemii: 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2011
dazzle37:

Gosh, Cuddlemii, for you to write this bolded part ,AFO EDI IBAK grin grin grin grin grin grin
i would never want to quarrel with you. all the same idem fo ? i did not know you were from that part too
sorry, my written calabar is bad too. lol, i guess thats our only weakness.

Idiok ke. Its good to meet people from my zones. Don't mind them jor, its only obvious that Calabar is land of udia (food).

corrall:

Tell it to them. Iban efik isi memke, ke utem udia ye ke ukot mbre.

@OP, u probably ate from a buka and not in a home. Buka food is commecialized, look for a calabar woman's home and eat, then come back and talk.

lolz. Ku bo ro op. iban calabar don deal with am.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by basking4me: 6:58pm On Aug 02, 2011
Genlemen and ladies, make una no try calabar food if u are already married becos like someone said ealier, marriages are made (good one) and broken(my story) by calabar meals. Infact if its a calabar buka u eat the meals from, u may want to marry the mama put. Calabar food and women are just out of this world. I get personal experience of this.
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 10:27pm On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

ette ko ette ni. ami ndi wan or adiaga. anyways its good u r standing up for your tribe

am very sorry 4 dat , mma . . . . i wasnt actuali tinkin ov dat . . . . my bad
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by Effiko(m): 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2011
Cuddlemii:

Idiok ke. Its good to meet people from my zones. Don't mind them jor, its only obvious that Calabar is land of udia (food).

lolz. Ku bo ro op. iban calabar don deal with am.

dammit , u guys re repping lyk krazy . . . . . im so jealous , i cnt rite lyk dis + its only obvious that Calabar is land of udia {so so so true }
Re: Calabar Food Is Overhyped! by dazzle37(f): 11:05am On Aug 03, 2011
Effiko:

dammit , u guys re repping lyk krazy . . . . . im so jealous , i cnt rite lyk dis + its only obvious that Calabar is land of udia {so so so true }

Effiko, lol, our writing is not near perfect, the only tip i can give you is to write just the way you pronounce, it will make sense.
Mbon unege ye yoruba esie wed eke mo, so nyak nyen etiene ewed eke nyen nko.
idige mo ikpong eyene usem. Good luck reading that, LOL.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Prepare Jollof Without Tomatoes / What Do You Call Cashew Nuts In Your Language? / How Do I Slow Down Plantain From Ripening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.