Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,416 members, 7,850,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:12 PM

Please Drop Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Drop Atheism (2069 Views)

Atheism VS Christianity, Which One Is A Result Of Indoctrination? / Atheism By Definition Is Problematic / I Think I Am Threading The Path Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Drop Atheism by TheSpellChecker: 5:04am On Feb 22, 2021
Paramountgift:
ARE ATHEISTS ZOMBIES?..LOL grin

The to the question of sin and why wearing body exposing clothes would be a sin.
I'll expantiate

Expatiate.

There's really nothing there to expand. grin
Re: Please Drop Atheism by budaatum: 6:20am On Feb 22, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ already made known the details of the New Covenant, which is He, from since 2000 years ago. To those who would claim to love Him, He said, "If you love me, you will see my commandments". Note that these are the very same commandments detailed in the gospels to this day.

Professing love, yet refusing to obey the commandments as stipulated by the person of Jesus Christ is meaninglessness. Prayer is not the key... Obedience is !

Like, love your neighbours and your atheist enemies even more so.

Re: Please Drop Atheism by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Mar 04, 2021
budaatum:

Like, love you neighbours and your atheist enemies even more so.
the command to love your neighbour is also included as part of the Old Covenant(YHWH), the term "neighbour" meant to indicate even those who are also your neighbours obviously.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by budaatum: 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2021
Kobojunkie:
the command to love your neighbour is also included as part of the Old Covenant(YHWH), the term "neighbour" meant to indicate even those who are also your neighbours obviously.

How about the command to love your enemies too, even after they have slap your cheeks 7 times 70 times, is that Old Testament too?

And if you obey it are you not disobeying the OT eye for an eye? Though it was not exactly a law, I must admit, and just an understanding that was yet to evolve till Christ thankfully evolved it.

By the way, I was agreeing with you.

"Professing love, yet refusing to obey the commandments as stipulated by the person of Jesus Christ is meaninglessness."

Re: Please Drop Atheism by Kobojunkie: 6:33pm On Mar 04, 2021
budaatum:

How about the command to love your enemies too, even after they have slap your cheeks 7 times 70 times, is that Old Testament too?

And if you obey it are you not disobeying the OT eye for an eye? Though it was not exactly a law, I must admit, and just an understanding that was yet to evolve till Christ thankfully evolved it.

By the way, I was agreeing with you.

"Professing love, yet refusing to obey the commandments as stipulated by the person of Jesus Christ is meaninglessness."
The old Covenant(YHWH) is of course a separate/different from the New Covenant(Jesus Christ) - each comes with a different set of commandments, blessings, curses, requirements, promises, seal etc.
My main point from the other comment is that it is meaninglessness to profess love for your fellow humans(enemies included), refusing to obey the 44 or so other commandments included in the New Covenant(Jesus Christ). Such a person is no different from the Pharisees who engaged in cherry-picking as far as which of the Old Covenants(YHWH) commandments to obeyed, many of them choosing to obey to obey those commandments that benefitted them more than others.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by sonmvayina(m): 7:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
It is better to be an atheist than to worship a false god or idol(jesus christ).

God hates idolatry..

1 Like

Re: Please Drop Atheism by LikeAking: 3:08am On Mar 05, 2021
Paramountgift:
ARE ATHEISTS ZOMBIES?..LOL grin

The only difference between atheists and believers is the presence of defined and undefined destinies.

Being spiritual and coming to terms with your Maker while obeying his commands will simply make your life more purposeful and bring you closer to your destiny which would be beautiful by the way.

God never gifts his children with sour destinies, so for y'all atheists, you might want to know that the life you are living is meaningless without God.

The practical example of an atheists life is the life of a side character in a movie or book. Only those that know God and develop a close relationship with Him are the main characters in the book of human existence.

You may be an atheist but I bet you are conversant with the story of the Israelites' deliverance. Talk of Pharoah and his minions 'the ever loyal Egyptian soldiers'.

You see those minions of Pharoah, they'll continue to remain minions cause we don't even know their names, they're just Egyptians who serve a rather pathetic destiny. Their life ends in drowning.

Their destiny was to foolishly obey pharoah's instructions to their death. They stood in the way of God and His people, so they had to perish to get out of the way.

God will not hesitate to wipe out any side character for his main character to shine so brightly and serve a beautiful destiny. So lest you forget, you are just a side character serving an unimportant purpose and filling the Earth's space.

When natural disasters or problems arise, y'all are the first to get hit. God's children will certainly survive it to preserve their seed. When the devil is looking for a test subject, y'all are his perfect pick, he can't lay his filthy finger on God's own. Take Job for instance, he was the righteous one, not his children.

When the devil needed to tempt Job he struck the kids easily and they were cleared off. I bet if they were holy like their Dad, they'd never have been hurt. Job was the main character and they were the side characters, they practically died for his temptation test. Newer kids came and replaced them. Atheists, y'all are like those poor kids.

The moment you accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour, you cease to be a side character. When you walk closely with Him and Get to know Him better you become a main character, and the host of angels are at your beck and call 247. When you pray heaven pays attention.

You thinks everything's going well and life's sweet?
Forget the wealth and health you have now. The real life begins after death, and you are Judged by how you live on earth. The things you did on planet Earth including your standing with God will determine your afterlife reality 'Heaven or Hell'.

Life on Earth is only a fraction of eternity, so for y'all that believe it's all over after death, you might be shocked by what's waiting in the afterlife.

The to the question of sin and why wearing body exposing clothes would be a sin.
I'll expantiate

Quiet!
Re: Please Drop Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 8:01am On Mar 05, 2021
hey
Paramountgift:

When natural disasters or problems arise, y'all are the first to get hit. God's children will certainly survive it to preserve their seed.
question: could you give me an example of a disasterous thing can only happen to someone who is an atheist? also mention a good event that can only happen to a Christian.

When the devil needed to tempt Job he struck the kids easily and they were cleared off. I bet if they were holy like their Dad, they'd never have been hurt.

kindly show us the verse(s) saying the children weren't holy.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 4:55pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

Expatiate.

1 Timothy 2:9-10 “Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments, but rather by means of good works, as is proper for women making a claim to godliness.”

The intentions of a worldly person and a godly person are different. This message isn't targeted towards only women.

Godly people guard their sexuality with a modest attitude and modest apparel that does not draw lustful attention. They seek to glorify God and not themselves. Their life shows the worship of God and not the flesh.

Isaiah 3:16-19 “The LORD says, “The women of Zion are haughty, walking along with outstretched necks, flirting with their eyes, strutting along with swaying hips, with ornaments jingling on their ankles. Therefore the Lord will bring sores on the heads of the women of Zion; the LORD will make their scalps bald.” In that day the Lord will snatch away their finery: the bangles and headbands and crescent necklaces, the earrings and bracelets and veils.”

The way that you dress reveals your heart directly or indirectly.

There is no getting around this. Immodesty shows a defiled heart. Immodesty shows ungodliness and spiritual immaturity.

No seemingly innocent or pure person will dress provocatively for no reason. It's one of two things – 1. he/she wants to attract attention to herself 2. he/she wants to look physically appealing #all eyes on me.

Both scenarios point to the same thing – Self glory.

Mark 7:21-23 “because it’s from within, from the human heart, that evil thoughts come, as well as sexual immorality, stealing, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, cheating, shameless lust, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness. All these things come from inside and make a person unclean.”

You need to work on your inner beauty and your outer beauty alike. You are so loved by Christ. You don’t need to prove anything to anyone. If you dress for sensuality you are sending out negative energy and you will attract ungodly people.

10. 1 Peter 3:3-4 “Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.”

You don’t want to be a stumbling block to the brethren.

Professing christians must understand that not only are they a distraction when they dress immodestly, but they are competing against God for glory, attention, and honor.

Matthew 5:16 “Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.”

1 Peter 2:11 “Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul.”

14. 1 Corinthians 8:9 “Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.”

Does your clothing give glory to God? If it doesn't, you're only bringing attention to you, turning heads, and glorifying yourself, which is sin.

Never forget that once you surrender your all to Jesus, your body belongs to Christ, and this should only be seen by others in your dressing, disposition, and relation with others. Just like Jesus Christ our perfect example.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 5:01pm On Feb 22, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

Expatiate.

Hope that answers your question. If it doesn't, check up - HOREMOW ( Holiness Revival Movement World wide)

You'll get scriptures, guidance, and counselling.
Or better still pray earnestly to God about all you've seen and read in this thread and let him direct your path
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 7:35pm On Feb 22, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
hey question: could you give me an example of a disasterous thing can only happen to someone who is an atheist? also mention a good event that can only happen to a Christian.

Atheists have troubles and get into troubles and are put into troubles weakly and monthly. When one trouble ends another one immediately comes to remind you them that they are married. No Rest.

"There is no peace for the wicked" Isaiah 48:22

"Evil pursueth sinners:" Proverbs 13:21.

But this is not so for True Lovers of God. We are so rest filled that we can not wait for the action of trouble. Trouble excites us because, it is another opportunity to shine For The Lord gives us Victories over our enemies. grin

"There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief" Proverbs 12:21

And this is just one of the differences.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 11:57pm On Feb 22, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
hey question: could you give me an example of a disasterous thing can only happen to someone who is an atheist? also mention a good event that can only happen to a Christian.

Question 1(disastrous thing):

Check out Isaiah 65: 1- end

But let's start from vs 20

65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

You see all these blessings above, they are not for atheists, they are for the children of God.

The reverse is the case for atheists and unbelievers.

Check out from vs 1 to see the curses attached to a soul that is rebellious and does not regard God.

If you are knowledgeable about the scriptures in the minimum extent possible, that is, even baby stage of Christianity, you will understand that from Genesis to revelation, the Bible is replete with repercussions for those that do not believe God.

They are rebellious people who will end up in hell if they do not repent and accept Christ.

The ultimate disaster is 'spending eternity in hell fire' where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

Check out Isaiah 65, you will see that not believing God's existence and power alone is a curse in itself, and there are punishments attached.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 12:02am On Feb 23, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

Question 2:

Job 1: 8; Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

Job 1:13;
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:

The above scriptures depict the carousal nature of Jobs children in contrast to their fathers habit of maintaining quiet time daily, and walking with God uprightly.

While Job made offerings and prayed to God, his children did the exact opposite.

While celebration is not termed wrong, excessive partying without giving time to acknowledge God's presence and commandments is very wrong.

The Bible may not have directly painted the attitude of Job's children as evil, but the Bible did same indirectly, or however you see it because, when God evaluated the upright people in the land, Job's children certainly were not a part of that number. Job 1:8

They were not holy like Job their father because they didn't walk in his footsteps. We see this proof in God's testimony of Job as being the only upright fellow in all the land. Job 1:8

Sometimes, a lot of stories contained in the Bible may not come off as direct. You need prayer and understanding to be able to unravel these mysteries for your edification.

2Tim. 3 Verses 16 to 17
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If you don't get correction from God's word, where else will you get it.
The Bible is not to be crafted to suit what people want to hear, but what God wants them to hear.

I know you are more interested in finding faults here, but I urge you to surrender your life to Jesus, pray, and get understanding for yourself.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 12:09am On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:

Question 1(disastrous thing):

Check out Isaiah 65: 1- end

But let's start from vs 20

65:20 There shall be no more thence an infant of days, nor an old man that hath not filled his days: for the child shall die an hundred years old; but the sinner being an hundred years old shall be accursed.

65:21 And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them.

65:22 They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands.

65:23 They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the LORD, and their offspring with them.

65:24 And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.

65:25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the bullock: and dust shall be the serpent's meat. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith the LORD.

You see all these blessings above, they are not for atheists, they are for the children of God.

The reverse is the case for atheists and unbelievers.

Check out from vs 1 to see the curses attached to a soul that is rebellious and does not regard God.

If you are knowledgeable about the scriptures in the minimum extent possible, that is, even baby stage of Christianity, you will understand that from Genesis to revelation, the Bible is replete with repercussions for those that do not believe God.

They are rebellious people who will end up in hell if they do not repent and accept Christ.

The ultimate disaster is 'spending eternity in hell fire' where there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth....

Check out Isaiah 65, you will see that not believing God's existence and power alone is a curse in itself, and there are punishments attached.

I can pick many Christians and church goers around my area who don't appear to have these "blessings" you listed. I can also point out several atheists who appear to have these "blessings" simply by observing them. Even your Bible made it clear that the poor would be amongst us so if we all turn to Christians it won't eradicate poverty

I must admit the part about hell makes sense but that's after we're dead and there's no assurance it's real.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 12:16am On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:

Question 2:

Job 1: 8; Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil?”

Job 1:13;
And there was a day when his sons and his daughters were eating and drinking wine in their eldest brother's house:

The above scriptures depict the carousal nature of Jobs children in contrast to their fathers habit of maintaining quiet time daily, and walking with God uprightly.

While Job made offerings and prayed to God, his children did the exact opposite.

While celebration is not termed wrong, excessive partying without giving time to acknowledge God's presence and commandments is very wrong.

The Bible may not have directly painted the attitude of Job's children as evil, but the Bible did same indirectly, or however you see it because, when God evaluated the upright people in the land, Job's children certainly were not a part of that number. Job 1:8

They were not holy like Job their father because they didn't walk in his footsteps. We see this proof in God's testimony of Job as being the only upright fellow in all the land. Job 1:8

Sometimes, a lot of stories contained in the Bible may not come off as direct. You need prayer and understanding to be able to unravel these mysteries for your edification.

2Tim. 3 Verses 16 to 17
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

If you don't get correction from God's word, where else will you get it.
The Bible is not to be crafted to suit what people want to hear, but what God wants them to hear.

I know you are more interested in finding faults here, but I urge you to surrender your life to Jesus, pray, and get understanding for yourself.

If I got the verse you quoted and what you elucidated you are saying aside Job. everyone in the whole world were unholy? I hope you don't believe that.....

Also there's nothing to suggest they "excessively partied" that's your own assumption. also your part about the children not making offerings and praying to God is your own assumption too! nothing stops one from eating and drinking at one's brother's house and still finding time to pray and offer offerings
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 12:25am On Feb 23, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

. Even your Bible made it clear that the poor would be amongst us so if we all turn to Christians it won't eradicate poverty

I must admit the part about hell makes sense but that's after we're dead and there's no assurance it's real.

Yes, the poor will always be among us and that's reality, but why not choose the way of the rich.
The Bible doesn't describe riches by just what you've acquired on Earth as a person.

The virtues you possess are laid up as treasures in heaven...

Jesus said to cast your cares and burdens upon him. Have you tried that before concluding that he can't help you or anyone else out of poverty?....

Yes, the part about Hell makes sense because it is indeed true. But would you rather prefer to know about it after your death? When it's too late?

What have you got to lose really if you give Christ a chance right now? cry
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 12:31am On Feb 23, 2022
hopefulLandlord:

If I got the verse you quoted and what you elucidated you are saying aside Job. everyone in the whole world were unholy? I hope you don't believe that.....

Also there's nothing to suggest they "excessively partied" that's your own assumption. also your part about the children not making offerings and praying to God is your own assumption too! nothing stops one from eating and drinking at one's brother's house and still finding time to pray and offer offerings

@hopefulLandlord sir wink
Keep arguing and dragging with the intent that you'll get an award for being the best scripture debator.

Carry-on with your head knowledge and don't even try praying for a moment asking God to speak to you.

But while at that, try not to argue for too long...you never know when your sojourn on planet earth will end, and when you'll meet face to face with THE ONE WHO GAVE YOU LIFE.... THE I AM THAT I AM kiss
Re: Please Drop Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 12:31am On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:

Yes, the poor will always be among us and that's reality, but why not choose the way of the rich.
The Bible doesn't describe riches by just what you've acquired on Earth as a person.
but your verses about the benefits seem to be focused on riches and getting rewards for labour. I see many Christians who seem to be labouring in vain

Yes, the part about Hell makes sense because it is indeed true. But would you rather prefer to know about it after your death? When it's too late?

What have you got to lose really if you give Christ a chance right now? cry

I don't see any observable benefit your Jesus can give to me while on earth that those who don't believe in him can't have.
supposed posthumous benefits doesn't address the question maddam
Re: Please Drop Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 12:38am On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:
I bet they look dashing without any unnatural or wordly additions...
Judge for yourself

which of them are you?
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 12:47am On Feb 23, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
but your verses about the benefits seem to be focused on riches and getting rewards for labour. I see many Christians who seem to be labouring in vainI don't see any observable benefit your Jesus can give to me while on earth that those who don't believe in him can't have.
supposed posthumous benefits doesn't address the question maddam

I don't stand here, claiming to be a know-it-all. The little I know of, I've shared with you. There is really no point in excessive argument.

I don't know what you may have been through in life to make such a conclusion about your religious standing. You seem like you had been associated with church and Christianity in the past.

If you fear God you will know and understand more mysteries because...the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom....

We are humans and we are limited in knowledge, but God knows it all. Why not we do the things he commands and leave the rest for Him.

1 Cor 1:25
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite

Romans 11:33
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways

You see many Christians suffering by just observing them?

Observation is not enough to know the full story.
Do you know whether they have fully surrendered their all to Christ before claiming the title of Christianity.
Do you know the generational problems and demons they may be carrying because they haven't attained complete deliverance, even though they are christians?
Do you know whether they have fully casted their burdens on the Lord or if they're are trusting Him half-heartedly?
Do you know if they are practicing at least a good percentage of Christian virtues Christ commanded us to do?
Do you know whether they are following basic Bible principles of ....'give and it shall be given unto you'....
&
Principles of tithing, bringing meat into God's storehouse...'paying tithe faithfully'... before their lives remained poor as you see?

Know that to get riches from God, there are certain principles you must follow.

Riches in biblical sense doesn't suggest you will be dangote, but you will enjoy peace of mind, good health, and comfort in an evil world if you follow basic biblical principles, while praying earnestly to God and still working hard.

It is the work of your hands that God will bless. He doesn't give you wealth from nothing, there must be a foundation.

Do you know whether those christians you observed are even working hard, or they're lazy waiting for manna to fall from heaven?

You don't Know many things because you are just an observer from the distance. Don't make assumptions from what you don't Know.

I'm a living testimony...when I truly surrendered all to Jesus and attained deliverance, my life changed for the better both academically, financially, and health-wise. I won't say I'm the richest person but I am comfortable and increasing in riches by God's grace.

If you are claiming to serve God and expecting promises from him but you don't trust Him fully, it's a waste of time. It's just like praying and not believing God can do what you're praying for. There are so many reasons the prayers of Christians are not being answered, and that's a topic for another day.

Note that...every human was already under a curse of death as soon as Adam and Eve sinned. Living in sin is damnation in itself, and there was hardly any hope for humanity until Christ came.

People that lived before Christ were judged based on their good and righteous standing, and it was exceeding difficult to see such persons.
That time, if man sinned, he had to kill animals and make burnt offerings. Today, you just need to pray to God sincerely in the comfort of wherever you are, and get answers. No offerings or sacrifices needed!

God didn't owe man anything when man disobeyed, all the promises and blessings were gone. Sin was replaced with the curses attached to it, and sin is a reproach to God, He doesn't behold it.

God repented that he created man..and wiped a generation of humans and saved Noah and family because of Noah's righteousness.

It is God's compassion for humanity, that made Him send Jesus to redeem us. Now our relationship with Him can be restored by only accepting Christ and walking in His footsteps.

Christ became a curse for us...
Galatians 3:13: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole. ... He took the curse of sin on himself so that every believer would be blessed rather than cursed.

2 Corinthians 5:18
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

1 Like

Re: Please Drop Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 11:14am On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:

I don't stand here, claiming to be a know-it-all. The little I know of, I've shared with you. There is really no point in excessive argument.

I don't know what you may have been through in life to make such a conclusion about your religious standing. You seem like you had been associated with church and Christianity in the past.

If you fear God you will know and understand more mysteries because...the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom....

We are humans and we are limited in knowledge, but God knows it all. Why not we do the things he commands and leave the rest for Him.

1 Cor 1:25
Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

Psalm 147:5
Great is our Lord and abundant in strength;
His understanding is infinite

Romans 11:33
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways

You see many Christians suffering by just observing them?

Observation is not enough to know the full story.
Do you know whether they have fully surrendered their all to Christ before claiming the title of Christianity.
Do you know the generational problems and demons they may be carrying because they haven't attained complete deliverance, even though they are christians?
Do you know whether they have fully casted their burdens on the Lord or if they're are trusting Him half-heartedly?
Do you know if they are practicing at least a good percentage of Christian virtues Christ commanded us to do?
Do you know whether they are following basic Bible principles of ....'give and it shall be given unto you'....
&
Principles of tithing, bringing meat into God's storehouse...'paying tithe faithfully'... before their lives remained poor as you see?

Know that to get riches from God, there are certain principles you must follow.

Riches in biblical sense doesn't suggest you will be dangote, but you will enjoy peace of mind, good health, and comfort in an evil world if you follow basic biblical principles, while praying earnestly to God and still working hard.

It is the work of your hands that God will bless. He doesn't give you wealth from nothing, there must be a foundation.

Do you know whether those christians you observed are even working hard, or they're lazy waiting for manna to fall from heaven?

You don't Know many things because you are just an observer from the distance. Don't make assumptions from what you don't Know.

I'm a living testimony...when I truly surrendered all to Jesus and attained deliverance, my life changed for the better both academically, financially, and health-wise. I won't say I'm the richest person but I am comfortable and increasing in riches by God's grace.

If you are claiming to serve God and expecting promises from him but you don't trust Him fully, it's a waste of time. It's just like praying and not believing God can do what you're praying for. There are so many reasons the prayers of Christians are not being answered, and that's a topic for another day.

Note that...every human was already under a curse of death as soon as Adam and Eve sinned. Living is sin is damnation in itself, and there was hardly any hope for humanity until Christ came.

People that lived before Christ were judged based on their good and righteous standing, and it was exceeding difficult to see such persons.
That time, if man dinner, he had to kill animals an make burnt offerings. Today, you just need to pray to God sincerely in the comfort of wherever you are, and get answers. No offerings or sacrifices needed!

God didn't owe man anything when man disobeyed, all the promises and blessings we're gone. Sin was replaced with the curses attached to it, and sin is a reproach to God, He doesn't behold it.

God repented that he created man..and wiped a generation of humans and saved Noah and family because of Noah's righteousness.

It is God's compassion for humanity, that made Him send Jesus to redeem us. Now our relationship with Him can be restored by only accepting Christ and walking in His footsteps.

Christ became a curse for us...
Galatians 3:13: “Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: 'Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole. ... He took the curse of sin on himself so that every believer would be blessed rather than cursed.

2 Corinthians 5:18
18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation

Hmmmm. I don't agree with most things you typed but it's a sensible opinion to have for a Christian
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Deicide: 1:00pm On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:
Judge for yourself
Are you a deeper life member?
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 5:02pm On Feb 23, 2022
Deicide:
Are you a deeper life member?

No, but it doesn't matter... denomination doesn't matter.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Deicide: 5:24pm On Feb 23, 2022
Paramountgift:

No, but it doesn't matter... denomination doesn't matter.
So mountain on fire then?
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Paramountgift(f): 1:37am On Feb 24, 2022
Deicide:
So mountain on fire then?

No boss
Re: Please Drop Atheism by kimco(m): 2:47am On Feb 24, 2022
Paramountgift:
Judge for yourself

Im sure their clothes are from the spiritual realm. The hair pin the footwears etc are all spiritual materials. You learn new things everyday.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by kimco(m): 2:55am On Feb 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
On the contrary most atheists believe they are better of without FAITH, they see FAITH as hindrances to their potentials, they truthfully want the best in life, they also love to have happy homes, lovely wives/husbands and kids, and of course they want a tidy, peaceful and secured environment.
But one thing they lack the energy to pass through dreadful times, manage stress, nurse the feelings of regrets, persevere in times of neglect and betrayal. All these are stages we must all pass through in this wicked world {1Peter 1:7} so what is it that can keep us going energetically?
God's Holy Spirit! Jesus admonished us to keep praying to God for a measure of this gift so that we can survive all the trying times! Luke 11:11-13
That's the only thing they're missing.
So when true believers are making good use of the Holy Spirit like the fuel in our cars to continue traveling through life's journey unbelievers will suffer a shipwreck! Matthew 25:3-4 smiley

Its not spiritism that gives energy, its fellowship. Something atheism lacks in Africa. Everyone needs help, support, comfort. Christians judge non christians when they need help especially atheists. But soon atheists will come out en masse and "fellowship". But individually atheist are stronger, tougher and face life head on knowing that "c'est la vie". Atheist dont fear death as much as religious people do cos they know its a passage of life

Re: Please Drop Atheism by kimco(m): 2:55am On Feb 24, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
On the contrary most atheists believe they are better of without FAITH, they see FAITH as hindrances to their potentials, they truthfully want the best in life, they also love to have happy homes, lovely wives/husbands and kids, and of course they want a tidy, peaceful and secured environment.
But one thing they lack the energy to pass through dreadful times, manage stress, nurse the feelings of regrets, persevere in times of neglect and betrayal. All these are stages we must all pass through in this wicked world {1Peter 1:7} so what is it that can keep us going energetically?
God's Holy Spirit! Jesus admonished us to keep praying to God for a measure of this gift so that we can survive all the trying times! Luke 11:11-13
That's the only thing they're missing.
So when true believers are making good use of the Holy Spirit like the fuel in our cars to continue traveling through life's journey unbelievers will suffer a shipwreck! Matthew 25:3-4 smiley

Its not spiritism that gives energy, its fellowship. Something atheism lacks in Africa. Everyone needs help, support, comfort. Christians judge non christians when they need help especially atheists. But soon atheists will come out en masse and "fellowship". But individually atheist are stronger, tougher and face life head on knowing that "c'est la vie". Atheist dont fear death as much as religious people do cos they know its a passage of life
Re: Please Drop Atheism by kimco(m): 3:04am On Feb 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Atheists have troubles and get into troubles and are put into troubles weakly and monthly. When one trouble ends another one immediately comes to remind you them that they are married. No Rest.

"There is no peace for the wicked" Isaiah 48:22

"Evil pursueth sinners:" Proverbs 13:21.

But this is not so for True Lovers of God. We are so rest filled that we can not wait for the action of trouble. Trouble excites us because, it is another opportunity to shine For The Lord gives us Victories over our enemies. grin

"There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief" Proverbs 12:21

And this is just one of the differences.

What did I just read? Whaaaaat?! Trouble excites True lovers of God? Whaaaaaat?! Surely you jest. You know that reality disagrees with you right? Or is this going to be another case of no true scotman fallacy? The others are not true lovers of God, only you and people like you.
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Deicide: 3:07am On Feb 24, 2022
Paramountgift:

No boss
Rhema chapel?
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 7:03am On Feb 24, 2022
kimco:

What did I just read? Whaaaaat?! Trouble excites True lovers of God? Whaaaaaat?! Surely you jest. You know that reality disagrees with you right?

Have you seen any person who even you had fairly and truly judged saying "Surely, this man Fears God and God is with him?"

As your question has already proven, you have not seen such a one, and real -eyeity does agree with me that many many are Haters of God exactly as you are even if they visit certain places called churches and even claim "I'm a Christian!"whereas, they are like you.

Hence the special peculiarity of True Lovers of God exactly as Written "I will make you a peculiar people".

kimco:

Or is this going to be another case of no true scotman fallacy? The others are not true lovers of God, only you and people like you.

This is a case of only people who are like Mr. Van Drago with Chevron Staff i.d cards and thumb prints logged in the office system are the same, ALL OTHERS ARE NOT!
Re: Please Drop Atheism by Dtruthspeaker: 7:36am On Feb 24, 2022
kimco:
... Atheist dont fear death as much as religious people do cos they know its a passage of life

You mean church goers not Christ Likes "Christians".

And in truth, you both are the same with the difference being that church goers Truthfully Admit that they do fear death whilst you people lie because you are implementing one of the ways in which you people reduce your fear for it while trying to find a way to finally overcome your fear of it.

So, you are both the same.

But for Christians, it is different. Death respectfully greets us and waits for us. It is exactly like an executive driver sent who must wait outside for us to enter the vehicle.

It is not like you people where you are forcefully and roughly taken away like when police catches yahoo-yahoo people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should Pastors Get Day Jobs? / How To Detect False Prophets / Ipfy Music And Xtian Resource Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.