Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,703 members, 7,816,872 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide (1249 Views)

PDP Wins Enugu By Landslide / PDP Wins Enugu LG By Landslide / Oshiomhole Wins By Landslide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by Beaf: 1:13am On Apr 02, 2011
[size=14pt]In Kano, People’s Eyes Are Now Wide Open —Kwankwaso[/size]
Saturday, 02 April 2011

Former governor of Kano State and gubernatorial candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr. Musa Kwankwaso, spoke with journalists on his confidence that he will carry Kano State, just like the party’s presidential candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan, will the entire country in the general election. KOLA OYELERE presents excerpts from the interview.

WHAT are the chances of the PDP in Kano State at the elections?
With the prevailing political situation, the party’s chances of winning the state are bright because the people are yearning for a change of government. They have realised many things, including not belonging to mainstream politics, and the time has come for them to effect the change. The party in power, ANPP (All Nigeria Peoples Party), is jittery about the popularity of the PDP. The masses are determined to vote the PDP because people have understood that they are being deceived and cheated.

What about the crisis in the state PDP?
The PDP in the state has finally reconciled its differences and formed a united front to work for the victory of its presidential and gubernatorial candidates.

Aren’t you wary of the incumbency factor?
Let me tell you this: The people’s eyes are now open and nobody will deceive them again. The people have realised that they have been deceived for long. For your information, the only party that has national representation is the PDP and nobody wants to associate with failure. The elections will spring surprises.

Why are you so sure of your party?
A lie cannot run fast because it has a short leg. The truth will always prevail. No matter how long you have fooled the people, they will know the truth eventually. People have realised that the PDP was cheated in the past elections. It is on record that the party performed excellently when it was in government. Laudable projects that were executed by the party abound all over the state. People have appreciated this and they have resolved to team up with the party to win elections this time.

Recently, in a campaign poster, your portrait was put side by side with that of General Muhammadu Buhari. Did that mean you are not supporting your party’s presidential candidate, President Goodluck Jonathan?
Let me correct that impression. I have absolute confidence in the presidential candidate of my party and the PDP. [size=21pt]I also believe the president can win the election by a landslide[/size]. The people behind the said portrait have been arrested and I think we should leave the rest for the police to handle.

It was said that a government white paper on some charges against you would stop your political ambition?
The politicians that dragged me to court based on the white paper will be put to shame. These people don’t want to admit that their time has gone for good in Kano politics.

We have been in the court with them in the last eight years. We have cases in a Kano high court and in Kaduna appeal court. We were also at the Supreme Court. They have taken another one to a high court in Abuja. Let the court determine that.

Recently, President Jonathan held his campaign rally in Kano. How did you see the event?
We thank Allah for all that happened. Contrary to the expectations of some disgruntled elements, the rally was held and the crowd was unprecedented. The enemies of progress have been shamed; they don’t have anything to say again. It is also important to note that many politicians who defected from other parties came out en-masse to join the PDP. The masses have realised that the only party capable of taking the country and the state to a greater height is PDP.

What do you have in store for the people?
The administration will try to consolidate on what it is noted for - education, health and security.

The government will bring back free feeding in schools, free uniforms for primary school pupils and loans to women to make them self-dependent. There are many programmes the government will introduce to address the myriad of problems facing the masses. When we reach the bridge, Allah will show us how to cross it.

How do you see moves by some parties to form an alliance to confront the PDP at the elections?
One thing you should know is that it is only PDP that is not built around an individual. Look at the ACN; who is controlling the party? Is it not Senator Bola Tinubu? What of the CPC? General Muhammadu Buhari is the controller. The controller of ANPP is Malam Ibrahim Shekarau. However, it is not easy to pinpoint an individual as the controller of the PDP. This is the only party that has national outlook and that is the reason the party is the greatest in Africa. It has membership that cuts across the country.

In a nutshell, the PDP is a winning party, regardless of any gang-up by the mushroom parties. He who is with Allah is in majority. The PDP is with God and nothing can affect its chances at the polls. [size=21pt]We de kampe. No shaking
[/size].

http://www.tribune.com.ng/sat/index.php/interview/3715-in-kano-peoples-eyes-are-now-wide-open-kwankwaso-.html
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by seal777(m): 1:23am On Apr 02, 2011
You will eat ur words after todays election and turn of events after CPC RALLY IN LAGOS.Keep deceiving yourself with false write ups.
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by recoome(m): 1:25am On Apr 02, 2011
@beaf: someone is trying 2 impersonate u with id "beaf!". GEJ ALL THE WAY!
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by efisher(m): 1:37am On Apr 02, 2011
This is our own revolution. It is time to do away with the old stock and move on to the new. Hello World, we are emerging!!!

[size=21pt]Fresh Air 2011!! [/size]
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by Beaf: 1:43am On Apr 02, 2011
recoome:

@beaf: someone is trying 2 impersonate u with id "beaf!". GEJ ALL THE WAY!

Yeah bruv, I know! I wonder if the dude thinks that will gain a single vote for the red-eyed sharia evangelist. grin

Carry go, GEJ! The road to 2011 is clear! cool

All hail BB, the everlasting candidate!
Buhari wuz 'ere; 1999, 2003, 2007, 2011. Will be deh 2015, 2019, 2023, 2027. In "spirit" from 2031, 2035, 2039 etc etc etc etc grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by appletango: 1:50am On Apr 02, 2011
Tomorrow is already here boys!! Let's watch and see!!!
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by efisher(m): 1:57am On Apr 02, 2011
Advance invitation to all Nigerians no matter the party.

Theme:     VICTORY CELEBRATION PARTY PART 1 (National Assembly Representatives)
Venue:     NAIRALAND POLITICS SECTION
Time:        AFTER THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED BY INEC

Come One, Come All.

BSVP (Banga & Starch Very Plenty)  grin grin grin

Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by ektbear: 2:05am On Apr 02, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if these northern PDP politicians are lynched by their own people. You cannot oppose the will of the masses forever.
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by Beaf: 2:08am On Apr 02, 2011
ekt_bear:

I wouldn't be surprised if these northern PDP politicians are lynched by their own people. You cannot oppose the will of the masses forever.

In Kano, Kwankwaso is far more popular than Buhari. He is like a god to the masses.
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by solihu(m): 3:52am On Apr 02, 2011
Na yam?
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by OAM4J: 4:18am On Apr 02, 2011
Beaf:

In Kano, Kwankwaso is far more popular than Buhari. He is like a god to the masses.

Yet he lost his re-election bid in the same Kano in 2003, and Buhari's candidate; Shekarau won both in 2003 and 2007. He is a god indeed!
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by Jarus(m): 5:46am On Apr 02, 2011
ROTFLMAO, what do you expect a PDP man to say? To say his party's candidate will lose abi? Even in this man's PDP rally in Kano it's 'Kano Sai Kwankwanso, Nigeria Sai Buhari'. These are PDP members o. Add that to CPC members and people of other parties in Kano that will vote for Buhari in presidential election and let's see how Jonathan will win by landslide.

Another political talk, I'm sure in his bedroom, even Kwankwaso knows Buhari will carry the day in his state.
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by Areosapien(f): 10:51am On Apr 02, 2011
Wait, Kwakwanso? Wasn't that the same guy who LOST his re-election in 2003, and thoroughly lost again to the same Shekarau in 2007? grin
Chai Beaf! You and your PDP cronies are so desperate and it shows o! 'seen as a god' my foot.
What a diseased crop of desperados! grin
Re: Kwankwaso (kano) - Jonathan Will Win By Landslide by Pataki: 10:56am On Apr 02, 2011
Who is Kwankwaso? Sounds like kwashiokor to me. grin

These PDP apologetics are nothing but simply PATHETIC. grin

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Assembly Bars Daniel From Holding Public Office In Nigeria / Reuben Abati On Fuel Subsidy Removal! - Shine Your Eyes! Lol / Immaculate Conception Seminary Old Boys On Ochiagha Reagan Ufomba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.