Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,440 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory (1446 Views)

Is Libya An Africa Or Arab Country? / Cote D' Ivoire: Gbagbo’s Supporters Attack Nigerian Embassy, Nigerians Flee. / The Media's Unhealthy Obsession With Sarah Palin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by MandingoII(m): 2:39pm On Apr 02, 2011
Why?

Because they can HIDE the REAL NEWS happening directly in your face.

Why?

Because they are drumming up support for their Assault upon Libya.

Why?

Because Libya have OIL FIELDS.

Why Now?

Because Quadaffi's oil fields will RULE the meditterean Area and make him the richest in that area - AND THE MOST POWERFUL.

Oh and White people don't like Rich countries that are NOT White whose OIL FIELDS are not in their clutches
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by silentc(m): 3:07pm On Apr 02, 2011
Nice points. . . . .

Now 2 things will happen. People will either call you a conspiracy theorist or ignore your post as it contains truths they dont want to accept.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Bastage: 3:43pm On Apr 02, 2011
^^ Or maybe they'll call him blind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

BBC news front page.

Top story - "Rival Forces Battle for Abdijan".

It's been there all day.

MSNBC news front page.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Top story - "Massacre in Ivory Coast: At least 800 killed in one town"

It's been there all day.

http://www.france24.com/en/

France 24 news front page.

Top story - "Gbago Clings onto power"

It's been there all day.

Maybe the OP should learn how to read.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by silentc(m): 6:05pm On Apr 02, 2011
Lets see if the UN steps in due to "humanitarian reasons" as they did with Libya. . . . .

Or is it only when the president "bombs" his people that they step in?
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by MandingoII(m): 8:15pm On Apr 02, 2011
[s]^^ Or maybe they'll call him blind.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

BBC news front page.

Top story - "Rival Forces Battle for Abdijan".

It's been there all day.

MSNBC news front page.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Top story - "Massacre in Ivory Coast: At least 800 killed in one town"

It's been there all day.

http://www.france24.com/en/

France 24 news front page.

Top story - "Gbago Clings onto power"

It's been there all day.

Maybe the OP should learn how to read.[/s]   

Not on my TELEVISION.   Everything HERE is LIBYA 24/7 ALL DAY.  but thanks for those news sources, they are still only getting 1.5 minutes of airtime, ,

Libya gets A NEWS CYCLE, LOOPED OVER AND OVER.

do u understand that?
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Rossikk(m): 9:36pm On Apr 02, 2011
Oh and White people don't like Rich countries that are NOT White whose OIL FIELDS are not in their clutches

Probably the most important reason of all.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Sunofgod(m): 11:16pm On Apr 02, 2011
just like Fukushima - We're on the verge of armageddon yet- Information Blackout.

Its not part of the agenda? Or is it?
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Sunofgod(m): 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2011
If the West cant get coffee - they will drink tea. (Ivory Coast)

If they cant get japanese cars - they'll manage german cars or even Chinese. (Japan)

But if they cant get oil - they're finished.(Libya)
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Bastage: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2011
MandingoII:

Not on my TELEVISION.   

Maybe you should switch off the Disney Channel and watch the News Channel then.

You stated that Western media isn't showing Cote D'Ivoire.
I provided you with the links from the 3 top news sites in France, US and UK and they all have it running as their main story. I could have found many more. I watched the BBC news last night and Cote D'Ivoire was well above the goings on in Libya. The BBC news site even has a running commentary on the situation which is updated by the minute.

Your statement in the thread title is blatantly untrue.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Bastage: 10:59am On Apr 03, 2011
silentc:

Lets see if the UN steps in due to "humanitarian reasons" as they did with Libya. . . . .

Or is it only when the president "bombs" his people that they step in?

What a stupid statement. The UN is already there and soldiers under it's command have been killed by Gbagbo's soldiers,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-12950467

"French troops have taken over the airport in Ivory Coast's main city, Abidjan, the AFP news agency reports.

France is also sending an extra 300 soldiers to Ivory Coast, military spokesman Thierry Burkhard told AFP."

Now you can whine about how the Imperialist invaders are trying to take control of Cote D'Ivoire's cocoa wealth.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Horus(m): 2:26pm On Apr 03, 2011
[size=14pt]800 CIVILIANS EXECUTED BY ALASSANE OUATTARA REBELS IN GUIGLO, DUEKOUE AND DALOA: UNOCI SEEN AS AN ACCOMPLICE.[/size]

Abidjan-Côte d’Ivoire-04-1st -2011.According to a confidential report recently presented by UNOCI, report that Ban Ki-Moon has chosen to cover up and continue to lie to the world, “OUATTARA rebels murdered between 600 and 800 persons in DUEKOUE, GUIGLO and DALOA as soon as they have invested those cities” 3 days ago. The information circulating already in all foreign embassies in Ivory Coast will give the whole world a clear idea about the organization headed by BAN KI-MOON that many consider as “corrupt”. The international community should finally get an idea about the “democratically elected President” it intends to impose in Cote d’Ivoire. Someone that 95% of the real Ivoirian do not want and who is seen by foreign countries as the “solution to stop the violence in this African nation” even though the wisest voices advise a re-evaluation of the results or a simple repeated elections after a complete disarmament of OUATTARA rebels. At the last Security Council meeting on March 30, 2011, on the situation in Côte d’Ivoire, the Brazil, India and China demanded that “UNOCI executes its mandate of protecting civilians impartially and avoid becoming a party to the conflict. Peace-keeping soldiers should in no case be used to become the instrument of a change of regime in Côte d’Ivoire”. These countries had requested that, “delegations now have more time to consider the draft resolutions, which would allow the troop-contributing countries to give their point of view with respect to the use of their soldiers”. Well, as witnesses experiencing the real situation on the ground in Côte d’Ivoire, our correspondents, since a few months, are insisting on the behavior of the UN Forces who are arming, leading and carrying Ouattara killers. Doing so, we wanted hailing the serious observers of the Ivorian crisis so that they open the eyes to avoid a chaos in this country. The United Nations is therefore an accomplice of the executions of these 500 civilians they are supposed to protect as states their mission.

Source: http://actualites.ivorian.net/article/?p=1364
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by MandingoII(m): 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
[s]Maybe you should switch off the Disney Channel and watch the News Channel then.

I provided you with the links from the 3 top news sites in France, US and UK and they all have it running as their main story. I could have found many more. I watched the BBC news last night and Cote D'Ivoire was well above the goings on in Libya. The BBC news site even has a running commentary on the situation which is updated by the minute.

Your statement in the thread title is blatantly untrue.[/s]

reasoning with you is over!

& yo momma is a dumb/busted looking/musty beyotch.

how bout that,
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Sunofgod(m): 6:43pm On Apr 03, 2011
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Horus(m): 7:04pm On Apr 03, 2011
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by MandingoII(m): 7:05pm On Apr 03, 2011
^^^^^

OMG!!!!! shocked
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Sunofgod(m): 7:41pm On Apr 03, 2011
Horus:

Quatara is guilty of both war crimes and crimes against humanity.
The Buck stops with 'Quatara' Mr Ban Ki Moon.
The UN should transport him to the Hague ASAP.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 07, 2011
Bastage:

The guy is right. Libya's crisis gets 30 min reports at times while ivory coast have maybe a min or two.
I think you are the one who needs to watch the tv
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by Akhenaten: 12:23am On Apr 08, 2011
There seems to be an imbalance in the level of coverage that the Ivory Coast receives compared to Libya. The double standard can be seen quite vividly.
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by mamagee3(f): 12:47am On Apr 08, 2011
Why is the U.N. playing around with these daft dictators. ,

Let them send in troops and capture these leading terrorists dead or alive.

What are they still waiting for?
Re: The Media: All Libya Every Day Nothing About Cote De Ivory by pleep(m): 4:01am On Apr 08, 2011
Bastage:

until the last few days BBC America on PBS was only showing 5 min coverage of ivory coast at the end of it's program. I don't think this is because of imperialistic reasons, but simply because people are tired of hearing about 'another crisis in africa' same deal with Sudan and the Congo. Libya  is a little more relavent to them. I don't know why you keep claiming the the coverage of ivory coat is balanced. Because it's obviosly not to everyone but you.

(1) (Reply)

INCREDIBLE: Mother Keeps Dead Son's Body For 18 Years In Family House (PHOTOS) / Seven Fleeing ISIS Fighters Are Boiled Alive As Purnishment / 2 Major Blows To The Us' Game In Syria - Wonderful News At Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.