Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,092 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:05 AM

IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions (10838 Views)

List Of Rivers State Commissioners That Have Resigned / Fashola, Ambode Address Retreat For New Lagos State Commissioners (Photos) / PSC To IGP Egbetokun: Consider more State Commissioners From SE, NE Zones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by oshozondii: 2:38pm On Jan 20, 2021
Nigeria’s Inspector-general of Police Mohammed Adamu has said the force is already implementing the decentralisation of the decision-making structure of the police, stating that Commissioners of Police in the 36 states of the country do not need his approval before taking decisions in their areas of jurisdiction.

Adamu on Wednesday featured on an ARISE News program where he said police commissioners in the several state commands in the country are in charge of making decisions in the state as it relates to crime and criminality and maintaining law and order.

According to the Inspector-general of police, state commissioners of police do not need to get approvals from his office or the office of the Assistant-inspector general of police in charge of the zone before taking decisions in their states.

“The decision-making structure in the police needs to be decentralised. Not everything should come to the commissioner of police for a decision to take. Not everything should come to the Assistant-inspector general in the zone a decision to take and not everything should come to the Inspector-general for the IG to make a decision. Decision must be decentralised,” the police boss told ARISE News.

“And so in reforming the police, we believe and we’ve started implementing it, that the structure we have, yes we have one Inspector-general of police but in every state command we have Commissioners of police who are in charge of that state and the state has a government with a governor.

“So the Commissioner of police responsibilities and area of jurisdiction and powers stay within that state and is to work with the governor and implement policies of government of that state in areas of crime and criminality and law and order. He doesn’t need to refer to the Inspector-general for any decision to be taken. The Commissioner of police must have the ability to take the decision himself.

“The same thing with the DPO (Divisional Police Officer) at a local government area. There’s a local government authority there with the chairman of the local government and his council, the DPO is part of the council.

“So any matters on security, crime and criminality discussed within the local government must be implemented there, the DPO must take decision without waiting for the Commissioner of police to tell him what to do.

https://www.arise.tv/nigeria-police-ig-adamu-says-state-commissioners-dont-need-his-approval-to-make-decisions/

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by OlujobaSamuel: 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2021
Yea, the ideal case before vested interests or conflict of interest comes into play.
Just like the days of Mbu and Amaechi, Ngige Kidnapped, current presidency defence of any action to curb Fulani herdsmen menace

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Moferere: 3:30pm On Jan 20, 2021
A state Governor in conjunction with a state police commissioner asked fulani herdsmen to leave forest reserves. What did Abuja say?

29 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
The best IGP has spoken...

God bless the Nigeria Police Force.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by FactBoyz: 4:02pm On Jan 20, 2021
Are you saying real restructuring has now started?
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by blinking001(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
This is commendable

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by slawormiir: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
This pussy ass niggarr talking

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by zoedew: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
Official line! We know how it goes. We are not dummies! He can tell that to the Marines!!

5 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by auduadeniyi(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
THOSE THAT ONE INCREASE MY OUTSOURCE SALARY
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Maxikenna: 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
I dey tell you o
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:03pm On Jan 20, 2021
That's how it should be.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by nairaman66(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
The same thing needs to be done to this failed entity called Nigeria.
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by wink2015(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Moferere:
A state Governor in conjunction with a state police commissioner asked fulani herdsmen to leave forest reserves. What did Abuja say?

You have hit the IG below the belt.

I wonder what he will say.

NIGERIA must be restructured.

FULANI DO NOT OWN NIGERIA.

The north do not own Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by SoftP(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Audio autonomy
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by rafcrown(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Keep billions now and appear later as Gubernatorial candidate
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by blinking001(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Moferere:
The governor has no right to make that decision
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by P1PrinceKT(m): 4:04pm On Jan 20, 2021
Moferere:
A state Governor in conjunction with a state police commissioner asked ipob to leave forest reserves. What did Abuja say?

they must leave because it's not their land.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by zoedew: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
HIGHESTPOPORI:
That's how it should be.
You fell for it! The official line.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 20, 2021
lass lass it's the state commissioner that will still give the approval of everything.
no be Naija we dey

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by P1PrinceKT(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
wink2015:

You have hit the IG below the belt.
I wonder what he will say.
NIGERIA must be restructured.
FULANI DO NOT OWN NIGERIA.
The north do not own Nigeria.
Jealousy at it's peak.
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Seyzcham91(m): 4:06pm On Jan 20, 2021
grin
zoedew:
Official line! We know how it goes. We are not dummies! He can tell that to the Marines!!

2 Likes

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Seyzcham91(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
for your mind
FactBoyz:
Are you saying real restructuring has now started?
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Seyzcham91(m): 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2021
Policemen telling you truth is like devil telling you he is now a Saint

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by OlujobaSamuel: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
blinking001:

The governor has no right to make that decision
So what gives northern governors right to destroy people's business in the name of alcohol ban?
Is alcohol an illegal substance/business according to our Constitution?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Revere27: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
sad
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by TeemahBeddings: 4:08pm On Jan 20, 2021
Come and buy bed sheet o.

That old one is calling for help
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by ignis: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Only on paper.

1 Like

Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Harrykn: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
proverbs
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by KanuSE: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Presidency's puppet has spoken. grin
Re: IGP Adamu: State Commissioners Don’t Need My Approval To Make Decisions by Xisnin(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2021
Big lie.

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Caretaker Committee Battles Convention, Zoning / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From Abiy Ahmed's Inauguration / LAWMA Reopens Olusosun Landfill For Operations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.